News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Sleep and Brain Health

Started by Lilias, August 22, 2015, 06:50:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilias

In light of the overarching 'work culture' that thinks sleep is a waste of time, I found this extremely interesting, not to mention gratifying:

http://www.theguardian.com/science/neurophilosophy/2015/aug/22/how-to-optimise-your-brains-waste-disposal-system
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Beguile's Mistress

Because so many of us are cutting our sleep cycles short these days sleep has become an even bigger and more important topic for research.

Inkidu

I'm a proud sleep achiever. I try to get eight hours a night.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sir Percival the Gallant

Whatever's going in my head isn't bringing me restful sleep, despite posture and other factors for healthy sleep. Maybe it has something to do with this, but nothing I've found has worked. I wake every morning tired and with pain in numerous parts of my head that never ultimately go away. Even a sleep study failed to find the cause—they think it's psychological. But who knows...maybe there's been rubbish in there that hasn't been cleared for decades.