Brand new game - Outside

Started by Lynnette, April 28, 2016, 12:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnette

Found this thing a while back, haven't thought much of it, but I found it quite fun, think it could make for a fun reply thread.

General "Game" rules - Speak of it as thoguh it's a game, criticize/add to features, for fun and stuff. I'll add one to the top to get the gist of the thing running.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Lynnette

The romance minigame is hard as fuck, should a minigame really be this fucking tough?
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Kakihara

I call false advertising on the no fees and incredible  NPCs. This MMO is ripe with microtransactions to do everything. And some of these NPCs have to have ones in their intelligence and charisma.

fuzzybuns

The tutorial is way too long and there's a lot of things that it doesn't mention or tell me how to do xc
~Adorable things and games are the greatest joys~

Rubicon

Character development isn't explained nearly well enough and as it turns out respec opportunities are rare and generally involve microtransactions -- so much for 'free to play.' That wouldn't be so bad except the system both embraces permadeath and has few decent and timely methods of restoring HP beyond the (annoyingly slow) natural recovery rate.

On the plus side the resolution is amazing -- though over time it blurs out (I ended up getting a pair of optical enhancers that made it easier).

RampantDesires

So much griefing from other players renders this game almost entirely unplayable at times,  very disappointing :-(

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

KesTrell

I've complained to the devs about a number of bugs and the toxic pvp environment, but so far I've received no response.

Miscellany

Does anyone know the cheat code for putting on pants and adulting ?

You see there's no real ending , this is only the beginning. Come Out And Play.

CaptainErotica

All you complainers need to nut up and LTP. The game is fine as it is. If you suck at PvP don't go to the PvP zones. You can still complete the game and never enter a PVP zone. Outsider for life!

HannibalBarca

I didn't even know how to get in contact with any moderators until I joined an in-game guild...er...'religion'.  They said to use the /pray command, but I still don't get a reply.
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

CaptainErotica

Stupid newb! that's because you joined that weird cult like religion that believes the Gods were aliens and that someday will return and transform us all into mindless horny nymphos. Real gamers join the religion of KickBubbleGumAndChewAss. You newbs should just find another game, this one is too complex for you casuals to figure out.

Blythe

The game is far too sandboxy! I require quests!

Plus, unless I use an in-game item called "glasses," my graphics are terrible!

RampantDesires

New "Pollen" patch makes it impossible to play in most areas and has pretty much ruined my character and gameplay experience. 

I hate seasonal events!  >:(

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Trigon

The moderators never respond!

Dys Astyr

Despite leveling I haven't gotten any cool new gear. I open many containers only to find they are empty (or hold only laundry). In game currency requires ridiculous amounts of grinding to acquire. Vanilla graphics are mediocre and become hazy frequently requiring regular refreshing on the on-face optical interface. F5 feature needs to be implemented.
Alive! Trying to catch up but there is a lot, please be patient! Thank you. <3

RampantDesires

Have suddenly been put in charge of a complete noob.  She doesn't even know how to find her own food and apparently I am expected to carry her around all the time and continue to grind out all the daily quests already in my log as well as outfit her from MY bank? What gives?

Rhadiance

So I've been doing a regular side quest to earn some in-game currency because I wanted to upgrade my character's outfit, and I've just looked at the character sheet and I'm not getting the full amount? Does anyone know if this "income tax" thing is a known bug?

CassieBear

Some of these in game events aren't too bad. On those given event days, the quests give you one and a half times more what they'd normally give you. And on the big events, sometimes they double the in game currency!
Ideas|O/O's|Post Tracker
Click Me!
Random PMs always welcome.
Roleplays:Not actively seeking.
Posting Frequency: Up to a Month
Replies Owed: 1 of 4

originalazrael

I decided to turn on challenge mode. My character has depression, Diabetes, kidney stones, is constantly hungry, and sleeps most of the day.

This is a very interesting style of play, however I find it difficult to get him motivated to get out of bed sometimes, and when he does, he's on his computer all day. Not to mention with the Diabetes and the kidney stones, I have to get him on a very complex diet plan. You should see the diet tree on that. Plus a whole new Blood sugar bar. So much complicate. I guess it's my own fault, but I think it's a great challenge.

The only qualm I have is that you can't create alt accounts, and to contact the devs, you can only do it in "Churches". The worst thing is that my character auto-selected "Atheist", and as such, tends to actively avoid the church radius. When I can get inside, the devs refuse to answer any of my tickets, ("prayers"). Some people have suggested that even the devs don't use this game anymore.

Still, it's quite a good game. As soon as I figure out this "dating" minigame, I might attempt to try the Family expansion.
Psst! Over here! This is important!

I also have a request thread available!

Current RPs: 8
Currently Plotting: 2
Available for RPs: Yes
originalazrael#2659

Dys Astyr

NPCs are annoying, there is no way to exit out of dialog if I accidentally get to close to one. None of them seem to relate any relevant lore either.

Remiel

I find that my character is ill-equipped to deal with some of the challenges the game has presented, and I think I've made some wrong choices in some of the conversational trees.   Does anybody know how I can restart?

That reminds me, I find the lack of the ability to save and load your game to be a major design flaw.   Either that, or the auto-save kicks in every second, which renders the function ultimately useless.

Hunter

The graphics are great but man does the plot suck!

Dys Astyr

My stamina and mana does not seem to replenish no matter what potions I drink! Some of them taste foul and are quite expensive considering there is so little effect.

Also it feels like there is a lot of pay to win going on, I see lots of people zipping around on special mounts yet I still have to leg it most of the time.

Trigon

So many of the NPC's are apathetic!

originalazrael

Does anyone know much about the Afterlife expansion? I was told it's really good, but since I've already gotten my character to level 30, I don't want to have to make my character die just to see what it's like, especially now that permadeath is switched on. I can't seem to see any guides or walkthroughs anywhere about it. The various books that do mention it that exist in game are very vague about what it's like or is contradictory to other books.
Psst! Over here! This is important!

I also have a request thread available!

Current RPs: 8
Currently Plotting: 2
Available for RPs: Yes
originalazrael#2659