Loading Issues

Started by Nico, November 13, 2016, 02:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nico

Since yesterday I am experiencing loading issues on Elliquiy. When I click refresh, it sometimes takes ages to load, sometimes the SB is not loading, either. Oddly enough, it's just on E, every other site I go to seems to work well enough. I've cleared the cookies, I even re-installed Chrome but the issues persist. I've not made any changes on my laptop, either. So, I am completely at a loss about what could be wrong.

mia h

Your not the only one Nic. Pinging the server gives a pretty good response so connecting to the server seems to be fine, it what happens after that seems to be the problem.

I just had this message pop up.
QuoteTurn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and try connecting to https://elliquiy.com  again. If this error persists, it is possible that this site uses an unsupported protocol or cipher suite such as RC4 (link for the details), which is not considered secure. Please contact your site administrator.
But they are all turned on, so looks like something else is screwing up the secure connection.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Nico

I get no messages or anything. It's just not loading properly and I am too illiterate with computers to know what's wrong or what is causing it.

Okay, I think I figured it out. It is, apparently, an issue with my internet provider having problems to connect to US servers and .com sites. Since I was surfing on European sites mostly, it makes sense now that E is making problems for me. I suppose it's just a question of time until they figure out what's going on. :D

At least it's not my laptop!

Chrystal

Unless you have the same ISP as me I doubt that.

It's somewhere at E's end. Nothing else does it. And sometimes I geta partial page load, sometimes the page says it's loaded but hasn't refreshed the screen.

I did a post, clicked "Post", waited two minutes. noticed the spinner had stopped spinning, went to look and the post was still sitting there. I clicked back, clicked forward, sent the posyt again and was informed that I'd already posted it!

This is an issue at E's end. Definitely. Everything else works just fine regardless of where it is in the world!

Edit to add:

It did the same when I was posting this. Except I couldn't get out of the Post New Message screen. I had to check the post was in by looking at the thread, then closing the tab!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Vekseid

We share a host with Gelbooru, do they have issues also?

Could any of you provide me with traceroutes (in PM) when things are going wrong?

Chrystal

Quote from: Vekseid on November 13, 2016, 05:18:44 PM
We share a host with Gelbooru, do they have issues also?

Could any of you provide me with traceroutes (in PM) when things are going wrong?

I don't know how...?

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Oniya

For pre-Win10 machines:

Open the Start menu.
    Click on Run.
    Type cmd and then press the OK button to open a command prompt.
    At the prompt, type tracert elliquiy.com and press the Enter key.
    To copy the output, right-click anywhere in the window and select Mark .

For Win10 systems:  Go to the Windows menu.  In the Applications list, scroll down to Windows System, open that and select Command Prompt.  Proceed as above.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inari

It's been slow for me since I got up (about 2-3am GMT?) and keeps doing it.

Chrystal

Quote from: Oniya on November 13, 2016, 05:43:24 PM
For pre-Win10 machines:

Open the Start menu.
    Click on Run.
    Type cmd and then press the OK button to open a command prompt.
    At the prompt, type tracert elliquiy.com and press the Enter key.
    To copy the output, right-click anywhere in the window and select Mark .

For Win10 systems:  Go to the Windows menu.  In the Applications list, scroll down to Windows System, open that and select Command Prompt.  Proceed as above.

Thanks, let's see if it will do it now!

Chrystal

Aaaand of course, now it's working fine!

Theta Sigma

Whilst it's not consistent, I keep getting pages on E loading incredibly slowly. Not sure if this is part of any issues.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Nico

All good again on my end.

Vekseid

If it isn't obvious, every single one of you is from the UK >_>

Unfortunately I can only address this issue if it's with one of my host's peers. I can get things pushed up the wire further, but that requires a pretty prompt response from people (traceroutes in hand highlighting the bad router, etc.)

Nico

Quote from: Vekseid on November 14, 2016, 12:38:16 PM
If it isn't obvious, every single one of you is from the UK >_>

Unfortunately I can only address this issue if it's with one of my host's peers. I can get things pushed up the wire further, but that requires a pretty prompt response from people (traceroutes in hand highlighting the bad router, etc.)

Not in the UK, though. But I've called my provider today around lunchtime and they confirmed that they had an issue with the servers. "High noise" I was told, but I have no clue what that means. Either way, it works again! ;D

Oniya

'Noise' in electronics is random data that interferes with the ability of the system to sort out the 'true' data.  Think of it like static on a TV or radio when the antenna isn't lined up right - or the neighbor is running the blender.

Causes could be anything from physical wire issues to electromagnetic interference from sunspots.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Nico

Ah! That makes sense! Gotcha! :-)

Vekseid

Quote from: Nicholas on November 14, 2016, 12:40:34 PM
Not in the UK, though. But I've called my provider today around lunchtime and they confirmed that they had an issue with the servers. "High noise" I was told, but I have no clue what that means. Either way, it works again! ;D

Well, your data was going through London to get here.

Hopefully it clears up for others. : /

Nico

Quote from: Vekseid on November 14, 2016, 12:57:47 PM
Well, your data was going through London to get here.

Hopefully it clears up for others. : /
True that!

And yep, I hope so, too. It's so frustrating!

Chrystal

I find it ironic that it stops doing it the moment I have the trace window open!

Always the way though!