Competition of the Sword (D&D 3.5e, NC-Exotic)

Started by ivygrowth, May 31, 2012, 05:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBeast

Snake, you only get the 4 extra skill points after you calculate how many you get for you class.

2+2x4 = 16. Add 4 to that, you get 20 total.

EvilBeast

Very much still a work in progress. Need to decide on an Animal Companion, currently looking at a Riding Dog. If something seems missing, it probably is,

but let me know all the same. I could have forgotten something.  :-)

Halfling Druid

Name: Wilimë
Class (#): Druid (1)
Race: Halfling
Size: Small
Sex: Female
Alignment: Neutral Good
Religion:The Twins of Nature
Appearance: Wilimë is a slender, lithe creature. Her wispy, light brown hair is usually wild and unkempt, often tangled with twigs and leaves. She has bright chestnut eyes and a ruddy pink complexion. She loves to adorn her naked skin with designs and motifs drawn with temporary pigments, using her body in her druidic rituals.

Though she prefers to eschew clothing,  when she must dress Wilimë loves to wear airy, gossamer fabrics. She hates armor, though when she must she dons a leather cuirass and skirt, arm and leg greaves. When armored, she wears leather boots, but otherwise forgoes footwear.

Grimshade is a husky. His fur is dark gray, lightening to almost white on his chest and stomach.  His eyes are a ghostly, pale blue.

STR: 10 (+0)
DEX: 14 (+2)
CON: 14 (+2)
INT: 12 (+1)
WIS: 16 (+3)
CHA: 12 (+2)

BAB: +0
HP: 10
INIT: +3
Speed: 20 feet

FORT: +5 = 2 + 2 + 1 + ## + ##
REF: +3 = 0 + 2 + 1 + ## + ##
WILL: +6 = 2 + 3 + 1 + ## + ##

AC: 16 = 10 + 2  + 1 + 2 + 1 + ## + ## + ##
Touch AC: 13
Flat AC: 14

Weapon
Scimitar - 1d4

Weapon

Armour
--Leather Armour
Light Armour
AC Bonus: +2
Max Dex: +6
Check Penalty: 0

Shield
--Shield, light wooden
Shield
AC Bonus: +1
Check Penalty: -1

Gear Worn
Leather Armour

Gear Carried
Shield, Light Wooden (3gp, 2.5 lbs)
Scimitar (15gp, 2lbs)
Backpack (2gp, .5lbs)
Bedroll (1sp, 1.25lbs)
Candles (10), 10cp
Case, map or scroll (1gp, .5lbs)
Ink (1 oz vial) (8 gp for ink, 1gp for vial, .10 lbs)
Inkpen (1sp)
Parchment (10 sheets), (20sp)
Waterskin (1 gp, 1lb)
Whetstone (2cp , 1lb)
Tindertwig (5)(5gp)
Sunrod (2gp, 1lb)
(17.35 lbs total carried weight)

Money
29 gp
7 sp

Carrying Capacity (Light): 33 or less
Carrying Capacity (Medium): 34-66
Carrying Capacity (Heavy): 67-100

Magic
Domains: Druid
Specialty:
Arcane Spell Failure: ##%
Turn/Rebuke Undead: #/d, Check, Damage

Spells Known
Druid Spell Lists

Spells Per Day:
Level 0 (3)
- Create Water
- Detect Magic
- Light

Level 1 (1)
- Entangle
- Magic Fang (Bonus)

Spontaneous Casting:  Lose a prepared spell in order to cast any summon nature's
ally spell of the same level or lower.

Animal Companion/Familiar
Grimshade (Riding Dog)

Racial/Class Abilities
Race (Halfling):
-- +2 racial bonus on Climb, Jump, Listen, Move Silently
-- +1 Racial Bonus on all saving throws
-- +2 Morale Bonus on save vs. Fear
-- +1 Racial Bonus on attack rolls with thrown weapons and slings
Class (Druid):
--1st Level: Animal Companion, Nature Sense (+2 knowledge(nature) and survival),

Wild Empathy
--Weapon Profs. (club, dagger, dart, quarterstaff, scimitar, sickle, shortspear,

sling & spear, and all natural attacks when using wild shape
--Armour Profs. (light and medium, and shields (excluding tower))..armor must be
nonmetal.

Feats
Lvl 1: Spell Focus (Conjuration)

Skills
Concentration +6 = 2 + 4
Handle Animal +5 = 1 + 4
Heal +5 = 3 + 2
Knowledge (Nature) +7 = 1 + 4 +2
Listen +6 = 3 + 1 +2
Ride +3 = 2 + 1
Spot +5 = 3 + 2
Survival +7 = 3 + 2 +2

Languages
Common, Halfling, Sylvan, Druidic

History
Wilimë grew up in a halfling village on the edge of an ancient woodland. From an early age, she liked to sneak away into the forest and run naked among the trees, communing with nature and learning the ways of the wild. Her aptitude for the natural world did not go unnoticed. Watched by a druidic circle, she was inducted into their ranks and trained the druidic arts. Wilimë was an exceptional student, and after years of arduous training, she was sent to a grove with three of her sisters.

It was not long after when the monsters came. Burning everything in their path, a horde of goblins and orcs burned the grove around her, and slaughtered all who stood in their path. Naked and defenseless, Wilimë sprang to action, doing everything she and her sisters could to rouse the creatures of the woodland from their slumber so that they could escape the reavers. Wilimë watched in horror as her sisters were butchered in front of her. Fighting tears, she mustered what magic she knew and attempted to face the invaders. Outnumbered, Wilimë stood her ground and prepared for the end, when a dark shape suddenly a dark shape sprung from  the darkness and surprised her foes, knocking one to the ground. A large dog, with fur the color of smoke and ash, stood upon the chest of her enemy and ripped out his throat. Its muzzle bloody, the dog leaped off the dead goblinoid and nudged Wilimë. The halfling understood and mounted the dog. Howling, the canine sped through the flaming forest and bore Wilimë to safety at the edge of the wild.

Overcome with grief,  Wilimë buried her face in the dog's fur and wept for hours. Though her home was gone and her sisters slain, she realized this dog was somehow meant to find her and save her. Wilimë knew this was to be her companion and she spent the rest of the night ritualistically bonding herself to the beast. She named him Grimshade, and the two have been inseparable since.

Wilimë and Grimshade traveled for several days before meeting others of her order. They fed and clothed her, and gave her shelter for a few days. Though they had heard of monstrous activity in the frontier lands, they had no answers as to reasons why. It was from them that Wilimë learned of the Competition of the Sword in nearby Zhyer. Thinking she would find answers there, she gathered some supplies along with weapons and armor. Thanking her hosts, Wilimë and Grimshade prepared to journey across the desert to the city of Zhyer.

Player Ons:
Player Limits:

Snake

And thanks for the monkey wrench. >.> I hate math so very very hard.

Oh and: I'm amused by how nobody points out she's EVIL in a group with a paladin :3  Well not evil ..evil dictator type but more selfish-evil

EvilBeast

Should make for some interesting dynamics ;)

Almost went Chaotic Neutral myself.

Latooni Subota

Crunch is done I think. I'll do History after work, or tomorrow during my day off.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

ivygrowth

I'll glance at the character sheets tomorrow if I can. 

The alignment could make for interesting situations ;)  We will see how it goes.

Latooni Subota

I'm just waiting for the inevitable paladin spankings dealt to the fighter and rogue, while Misty covers her eyes to it all. And peeks between her fingers. XD

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Snake

She'll try to make the paladin fall purely for laughs at times (sort of like Belker from OOTS)

Latooni Subota

Snake

ivygrowth

Looks good Latooni.

Looks good EvilBeast, though does need a background.  Also, I would like you to bump up her age a bit, I think Halflings mature more slowly than humans?  Book has humans reaching adulthood at 15, halflings at 20, so she should probably be 21 or 22.  You may also be missing her bonus spell from high wisdom?

Looks good Snake, though she needs a background.

Snake

I'm workin on it. taking more time that I anticipated.

EvilBeast

Quote from: ivygrowth on June 05, 2012, 10:53:43 PM
Looks good EvilBeast, though does need a background.  Also, I would like you to bump up her age a bit, I think Halflings mature more slowly than humans?  Book has humans reaching adulthood at 15, halflings at 20, so she should probably be 21 or 22.  You may also be missing her bonus spell from high wisdom?
Age has been adjusted, and bonus spell added. Character sheet should be nearly complete, just need to purchase some equipment and calculate weight of carried gear.

Her animal companion is a riding dog. Is it ok to assume this beast is wartrained or is that something I'm going to have to work at? Also, background is in progress, 1st draft is written and I will have it completed tomorrow along with appearance. Too tired tonight to do any more.

vin26m

I'm considering joining.  Please let me know if my character is okay and I will finish up more details.

Name: Alleyne
Class (#): Mnk 1
Race: Elf
Size: Medium
Sex: Female
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Religion: None
Appearance:

STR:  8 (-1)
DEX: 20 (+5)
CON:  6 (-2)
INT:  8 (-1)
WIS: 18 (+4)
CHA:  8 (-1)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

This character is intended to be weak, frail, dim and not particularly social, but highly perceptive and agile.

[/tt]

BAB:   +0
HP:    6
INIT:  +9
Speed: 30 feet

FORT: ## = ## + ## + ## + ## + ##
REF:  ## = ## + ## + ## + ## + ##
WILL: ## = ## + ## + ## + ## + ##

AC:       ## = 10 + ## + ## + ## + ## + ## + ## + ##
Touch AC: ##
Flat AC:  ##

Weapon
Strike, Unarmed

Weapon
None

Armour
None

Shield
None

Gear Worn

Gear Carried

Money

Carrying Capacity (Light):
Carrying Capacity (Medium):
Carrying Capacity (Heavy):

Magic
Domains:
Specialty:
Arcane Spell Failure: ##%
Turn/Rebuke Undead: #/d, Check, Damage

Spells Known
None

Spells Per Day
None

Animal Companion/Familiar
None

Racial/Class Abilities

Race (Elf):
+2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution
Immunity to magic sleep spells and effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against Enchantment spells or efefcts.
Low-light Vision
Proficient with rapier
Proficient with shortbow
+2 racial bonus on Listen, Search and Spot checks.  Search check when passing within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door.

Class (Monk):
Unarmed Strike, stunning attack, evasion

Feats
Improved Initiative

Skills

Bluff +0
Innuendo +5
Intuit Direction +5
Listen +6
Perform +3
Pick Pocket +6
Search +6  (Search check when passing within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door)
Spot +6
Tumble +6

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

(4 -1 Int modifier) x 4 = 12 skill points

This character uses three trained skills (Innuendo, Intuit Direction, and Pick Pocket) that other party members do not have.

She also has the trained skill, Tumble, to use her Dex modifier.

Innuendo +5         = +1 rank  +4 Wis (2 skill points)
Intuit Direction +5 = +1 rank  +4 Wis (2 skill points)
Pick Pocket +6      = +1 rank  +5 Dex (2 skill points)

Tumble +6           = +1 rank  +5 Dex (1 skill point)

Perform +2          = +3 ranks -1 Cha (3 skill points)

Bluff +0            = +1 rank  -1 Cha (2 skill points)

Listen +6           = +0 ranks +4 Wis +2 Elf
Search +6           = +0 ranks +4 Wis +2 Elf (Search check when passing within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door)
Spot +6             = +0 ranks +4 Wis +2 Elf

Balance, Escape Artist, Hide, Move Silently, Ride, and Use Rope or all at +5 (Dex modifier).

Heal and Wilderness Lore at at +4 (Wis modifier).

Languages
Common, Elven

History

Alleyne's family was part of a traveling circus that got attacked by a group of orc raiders.  Most of the organization including her parents were killed, but Alleyne managed to escape. 

Fending for herself in the woods, she was rescued by a human monk who brought her to his monastery.  There, Alleyne spent most of her youth learning how to fight, using her agility to avoid damage while inflicting some of her own while unarmed. 

After seeing generations of human monks who cared for her grow old and die, Alleyne has decided that it is time for her to go out to the classroom that is the world to improve her skills and perhaps someday open a monastery for elves.

Currently, Alleyne is has temporarily settled down at a place where she can get some work doing some exotic dancing.

Player Ons: Bondage, roughhousing/wrestling, force, fear, forced nudity and clotheswearing, humiliation and verbal abuse, giving oral sex, throat penetration, vaginal and cervical penetration, anal and intestinal penetration, excessive semen, multiple partners, forced homosexuality, enemas, watersports, swallowing semen and urine, tentacles, multiple penetration, being put on display, being spanked, being whipped/flogged, enslavement, blackmail
Player Limits:  Torture, piercings, tattoos, needleplay, castration, mutilation, scat, death (unless being immediately resurrected)

ivygrowth

Thanks EvilBeast.  I imagine wartrained is fine, where is the rule for it?

Okay, let me know when you have gotten you background down Snake.

I am probably going to decline at the moment vin26m, thanks though.  I think I will cut the players off (for now) at those who have applied already. 

Latooni Subota

Woo! So close to being ready! I can't wait! XD

vin26m

Quote from: ivygrowth on June 08, 2012, 06:30:08 PM
I am probably going to decline at the moment vin26m, thanks though.  I think I will cut the players off (for now) at those who have applied already.

Please PM me if a spot opens.  Thanks.

(edited to add missing "me")

EvilBeast

Quote from: ivygrowth on June 08, 2012, 06:30:08 PM
Thanks EvilBeast.  I imagine wartrained is fine, where is the rule for it?

I cannot find an actual rule for wartrained. I am guessing that using Handle Animal, you can train a beast for war (train for purposes combat riding and fighting) but it doesn't specifically say "wartrained".

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/handleAnimal.htm

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/dogRiding.htm

It is implied that Riding dogs already are trained for combat riding (so that takes care of that training purpose), and their description notes that if trained for war, they can make trip attacks like a wolf.

Now, there is no rule stating whether or not a riding dog can start off as wartrained, and there is no separate entry in the equipment tables for purchasing a wartrained riding dog.

If you allow me to start off with a wartrained dog, that would be great. Otherwise I'll have to plan on training him for fighting. Not a big deal, but I do need to know what your thoughts are so I can plan ahead.

With that said, the character should be complete! (just need some minor edits regarding the riding dog)

Muse

It was my understanding that a "Riding Dog" was, by default, trained to be a war mount. 

Edit:  I was referring to this:   

Combat Riding (DC 20): An animal trained to bear a rider into combat knows the tricks attack, come, defend, down, guard, and heel. Training an animal for combat riding takes six weeks. You may also “upgrade” an animal trained for riding to one trained for combat riding by spending three weeks and making a successful DC 20 Handle Animal check. The new general purpose and tricks completely replace the animal’s previous purpose and any tricks it once knew. Warhorses and riding dogs are already trained to bear riders into combat, and they don’t require any additional training for this purpose.
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

EvilBeast

You're right on that Muse, but what makes it unclear is that is states "If trained for war...".  That word 'If' makes the whole thing confusing, as some dogs are trained and some are not, which is why I need the DM ruling.

Interestingly enough, Pathfinder fixes the problem by remving that line from the description and stating that they can fight.

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/dog.html

Latooni Subota

I don't think the nitpicking is needed at this point. You can choose to not have him wartrained, or choose to have him wartrained. I suggest the latter! XD

ivygrowth

I'm fine with it being trained to fight.

The OOC thread is here:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=141861.0

Please let me know if I forgot to add your character to the list.  I will try to get the IC started in a couple of days, but due to time constraints don't have much time to post at the moment.

EvilBeast

Thanks ivy. Looking forward to getting started.  ;D