Romeo & Juliet - Montagues Win!

Started by Autumn Sativus, February 14, 2014, 08:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Sativus

Two households, both alike in dignity
(In fair Verona, where we lay our scene),
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,
Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean.

From forth the fatal loins of these two foes
A pair of star-crossed lovers take their life,
Whose misadventured piteous overthrows
Doth with their death bury their parents' strife.

The fearful passage of their death-marked love
And the continuance of their parents' rage,
Which, but their children’s end, naught could remove,
Is now the two hours' traffic of our stage—

The which, if you with patient ears attend,
What here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend

Players
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • Blythe
  • Denivar
  • Elina
  • Izu
  • James Moriarty
  • Josietta
  • Kerri
  • Leorobin
  • Lisar
  • Martee
  • MistressEvelyn
  • persephone325
  • Rapt
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • SunshineSparkle
  • ThatRPGuy
  • Valerian
  • yugi006

Roles
  • Montagues x4
  • Mercutio
  • Prince Escalus
  • Benvolio
  • Romeo
  • Juliet
  • Lord Capulet
  • Lady Capulet
  • Paris

Remember to include Saffron in any and all game related PMs
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Autumn Sativus

Rundown
Day 1 - Friar Election!
Rapt becomes the new Friar.
Night 1
Yugi, a Montague is assassinated by the Capulets.
Day 2
ThatRPGuy, Lord Capulet, is removed from the ball.
Night 2
persephone325, Prince Escalus, is assassinated by the Capulets.
Day 3
Romeo (Valerian) and Juliet (Josietta) meet their tragic end.
Night 3
Beguile's Mistress, Lady Capulet, is found dead.
Day 4
Rapt, the Friar and a Montague is removed.
Night 4 - Friar Election!
Remiel becomes the new Friar.
Leorobin, a Montague, is killed by the Capulets.
Day 5
Izu, a Montague is removed.
Night 5
MisstressEvelyn, a Montague, is killed by the Capulets.
Day 6
lisar, a Montague is removed.
Night 6
Mercutio, played by Ryven, does not survive the night.
Day 7
Kerri, a Montague, is removed.
Night 7
Bylthe, a Montague, is killed by the Capulet.
Day 8
---
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

The guests slowly filter in to the Montague ballroom, each one dressed in their fanciest of clothing prepared for the nights of dancing to come. Adorning each face, a masque, to hide the loyalties of the face behind it in hopes that perhaps this feud may be resolved once and for all. The home of the Montague family provides the guests with their every desire, drinks, entertainment, those delicious little finger foods that you...
~Pauses to nab one from a passing waiter~

Where was I? Oh yes... that you just can't seem to help yourself from grabbing. And as that tray of delicious little bites floats across the room, so do your eyes, to each of the twenty two guests that have made their way inside... the rest more interested in enjoying the beautiful midsummer night's dream air in the garden. Your hostess, and twenty one guests mingle amongst each other in the ball room.

Well, except for Friar Laurence who has been sitting on one of the benches for most of the evening thus far. It's assumed he'd just had a bit too much iof the spirit, but as the night goes on and he slumps further into the wall, eventually falling to his side, it becomes clear that Friar Laurence is not sleeping nor overindulged, he's dead. Murdered, his throat slit.

The screams of panic and fear fill the air as the guests try to determine what has happened here. It seems perhaps there are some here who would work to undo the truce this masqued ball meant to create. The Capulets must be found and removed before they manage to kill everyone! But first, with poor Friar Laurence put to rest, it's time to determine who will represent the group.

Remember to include Saffron in any and all game related PMs

Please cast your votes for Friar and remember to post them in bold.
Us against the world

persephone325

"I shall cast my vote for dear Valerian. For she has the strength to carry us and protect us." Persephone spoke softly, but firmly.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Blythe

Blythe contemplated who might best serve to protect them, to act as a voice, disturbed by the death of Friar Laurence. Eventually he called out gruffly, "I believe Ryven would best serve to protect us in these troubled times."

Bruja

Rapt pondered and pondered, taken rather aback at the holy man's untimely demise.Tucking a stray whiskey colored lock behind her ear, folding her hands in her lap and looking to the side "I think Remiel, ought to be our guide."

Martee

Martee held a succulent morsel between her lips whilst surveying the grisly scene, before discarding it on a passing tray with distaste. Turning away from the corpse she remarked languidly, "There is but one soul here who could discern the facts impartially and adequately. I nominate James Moriarty."

Status as of March 5th: In like a lion - only one response outstanding

Zelric Miras

His eyes examined those that had gathered, the Capulets were amongst them and if one of them happened to be chosen as Friar...well that would be troublesome. He took a cup of wine from one of the tables and sipped from it silently, considering the direction the voting was taking. "Rapt might be a good choice for Friar, no reason in particular."

yugi006

He examined the corpse with sadness in his eyes. He then looked up and eyed each member standing deciding who would be best to protect them. I believe that MistressEvelyn would be best to be chosen as Friar.

Josietta

Watching the others as they cast their votes she wondered if any two would cast the same as it appeared they all were voting for a different person. Someone had to change it up somehow and she nodded some to some of their explanations. Though in the end she had no way of knowing just who she should call on to be the Friar. For all fairness she tossed a coin to decide between male or female, with three males and three females so far chosen she had to act soon. With the tossed, she looked to those present. "The friar should be someone we trust but also someone strong of heart and body. I am torn on who to choose but in the end the die would be cast to choose Rapt."

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Denivar

* Denivar strokes his beard softly, considering things carefully before concurring with Persephone and voting for Valerian.
"If you go to see the woman, do not forget the whip." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Ons and Offs -- Roleplay Ideas -- Apologies, Absences, Excuses, that sort of thing

Valerian

"The poor friar," Val murmured, shaking her head sadly.  But the others were right; a new friar was needed, and urgently, for without strong guidance they would suffer greatly in this terrible time.  Nodding her thanks to those who expressed faith in her own leadership, she then turned back to her good friend Persephone and cast her own vote for her.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kerri

Frazzled by the events that had passed so far, Kerri watched the room, her eyes going from person to person in rapid succession. Listening to the votes as they were given, only made her more nervous. It seemed that everyone was so calm, too calm in her opinion, after all Friar Laurence had just been murdered. She moved to stand against the wall, giving one more uneasy perusal of all those present, before she cleared her throat and began speaking, "I shall cast my vote for Blythe."

A/a’s updated 10/2/16
All images in signature created by the truly talented and sweet Amelita

lisar

looking around at each person in the group, trying to gain a quick first impression but not getting very far, Lisar shook her head in exasperation  "I just don't know who among us can be trusted with such a responsibility.  I guess if I have to choose right now, I'll choose Josietta"

James Moriarty

That such a wonderful gathering should be ruined in this gruesome a way was devastating -- could the two families not set aside their differences for one night?  He agreed with the general sentiment that the perpetrators of this murder must be found but quickly.  Nodding with a smile to Martee, he offered, "An early vote of confidence is always well-appreciated.  I myself will cast my hat in with Rapt, who appears to have captured some small and quick consensus."

Goddess of Night

The petite brunette clad in an elegant jade dress stares at the growing puddle of blood on the floor, wondering why no onwe was concernin themselves about the stain it would make on the fine rug if it isn't cleaned up soon. Hazel eyes glanced up briefly. "I nominate Yugi."
My On/Offs

Looking for roleplay partners with ideas. Any takers? Pm me.

Remiel

"Isn't it just like the Capulets to ruin such an otherwise pleasant affair with murder most foul," he sighed.  "Rapt, I shall return your gesture of good faith in kind.  I trust you to speak for all."

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(4) Rapt - Leo, Josi, JM, Remi
(3) Remi - Rapt, Sunshine, Elina
(2) Bly - Kerri, Ryv
(2) JM - Martee, BeMi
(2) Val - perse, Deni
(1) Josi - Lis
(1) MissE - yugi
(1) perse - Val
(1) Ryv - Bly
(1) yugi - MissE
Total 14

Still to Vote
Izu, ThatRPGuy
Us against the world

Beguile's Mistress

"I'm not sure which way to turn here with the vote going so many ways and very few having a consensus."  Beguile's paced toward the windows and back again wringing her hands as she came to a conclusion.  "I doubt at this point it will make a difference by I must cast my lot with James Moriarty.  I don't know if that is right or wrong but something prods me in his direction."

SunshineSparkle

Sunshine was not sure about whom to vote for, she decided to follow her instinct without any further questionning. "I shall give mine to Remiel, he has the traits of a leader. I trust he would be capable of defending our rights."

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Ryven

I must say that Blythe would be the ideal candidate for friar.

Elina

Galactic Druid

I think Persephone would fit the bill well, she's always seemed trustworthy, if you ask me.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(5) Rapt - Leo, Josi, JM, Remi
(3) Remi - Rapt, Sunshine, Elina
(2) Bly - Kerri, Ryv
(2) JM - Martee, BeMi
(2) perse - Val, Guy
(2) Val - perse, Deni
(1) Josi - Lis
(1) MissE - yugi
(1) Ryv - Bly
(1) yugi - MissE
Total 20
Us against the world

Izu

Being fashionably late, Izu looked around and tried to catch what the trend was. "Hm... I think I will go with the flow. Rapt seems like a trustworthy person, or at least most of the people around here think so."

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Autumn Sativus

Welcome, gentlemen! Ladies that have their toes
Ah, my mistresses! Which of you all
Unplagued with corns will walk a bout with you.
Will now deny to dance? She that makes dainty,
She, I’ll swear, hath corns. Am I come near ye now?

Welcome, gentlemen! I have seen the day
That I have worn a visor and could tell
A whispering tale in a fair lady’s ear
Such as would please. 'Tis gone, ’tis gone, ’tis gone.

You are welcome, gentlemen.
Come, musicians, play.

With a new Friar elected, one lady Rapt would hold the peace in her hands for the moment.

The guests would enjoy the dancing and the drink, the food and the fun.... Until the night begins to drag into the morning as they fall asleep one by one. The music drifting into the sound of night birds calling and crickets chirping through the windows to the garden. Soon morning will rise and bring a new day of peaceful fun among the fueding families... hopefully.
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

The gray-eyed morn smiles on the frowning night,
Checkering the eastern clouds with streaks of light,
And fleckled darkness like a drunkard reels
From forth day’s path and Titan’s fiery wheels.

Morning comes too soon for the guests of the festivities, still drained from the party the day before they prepare for another day of dancing and making fun. Waking from their slumbers on the scattered benches and floors of the ball room it seems all it well, but for poor yugi. Still slumped in the corner after the rest of the guests have woken one steps over tentatively to shake him awake. But sleeping he was not, a similar sight to that of the Friar the day before, throat slit from ear to ear as he laid upon the floor. Those damn Capulets would be the ones to ruin the festivities so thoroughly. Clearly, someone has to go... but who could be responsible for the death of this poor Montague?

Please cast your votes for who is responsible in bold.
Us against the world

Josietta

Josi had groaned sat up from one of the benches the next morning. It had been a long night of drinking and dancing, filled with festivities and obviously not enough sleep. She wished she had a tonic now to help with the pounding in her head and wanted to seek out something to calm the war that fought inside her. To go home and crawl in bed and hope the day would improve or just stay up and withstand the punishment of too much wine, were both dilemmas she didn't want to choose between. She wasn't sure which was more inviting or brave. Though she knew no one around the house would let her stay abed no matter what she wanted. The morning sun she winced and squinted her blue eyes against the bright burn of daylight as it streamed through the windows. The sudden scream of horror had her capping her hand over her ears as the sound was far too harsh and she looked in that direction to see just who would be so cruel to hurt the ears and heads of those who drank too much. Once the sight of Yugi came into her partially obscured vision she gasped and looked around to see if others saw this too. Her brow furrowed and she sat back down on the bench with a deep sigh. That was going to ruin any amount of fun the day would hold. Poor Yugi. She didn't know him well but she did know he was a good man. Family wasn't always something people could count on or agree with but yugi had not caused any trouble for anyone. It was indeed an unfair end to his life. She lay her head back down on the bench beside her as she considered who amongst them would have done such a thing. Without any idea on who it could be, she let her sights rest on, MistressEvelyn , first -- just to see what they thought or how they reacted to the terrible news.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Bruja

Rapt in angelic mask, after becoming the Friar-elect awoke to find her mask still in place and her neighbor Yugi dead as the last night's roast pig! With an even gaze her sword steel grey eyes took in the other party goers. A murderer or murderers still lurked among them. Brushing and straightening her almost risque dress, turning her back to adjust the ample cleavage,  Rapt began to walk around and gently awake the other patrons all the while looking to spy one with blood on their hands. Certainly the handsome Blythe would never do something most foul. But you can never tell with still waters and the quiet ones might easily give a slip of the knife, she watch the man closely for signs of surprise. Was that blood or wine on his sleeve?

persephone325

Persephone sniffled and wiped away tears as she found out about the death of her lover good friend.

It would seem that this feud is not yet over... She thought sadly. I wonder if RPGuy had anything to do with this...
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Elina

"yugi!  No, not yugi," cried Elina, looking around accusingly.  "I know who did this.  It is the fair maiden Rapt.  A little power, and it has gone straight to her head."

Remiel

"I, for one, am inclined not to trust Valerian," Remiel said.  "She's far too skilled at playing the saint; her angelic visage always shows the mask of innocence, even when her slender fingers are steeped red with blood.  True, there is no reason at this moment I should suspect her more than any other," he shrugged.  "But she is far, far too good at dodging scrutiny.  Enough! I say."

Goddess of Night

The lady in jade frowned as the body of her dear friend lay on the ground, bleeding out from the gruesome cut along his throat. Hereyes, filled with tears, burned with hatred and anger. "Who did this?! I demand an answer!" Her eyes caught sight of Josi looking at her as if she were a suspect. The first to accuse was always suspicious. She looked back at the body, considering Josiette as the murderer.
My On/Offs

Valerian

Val was startled out of her shock at seeing yugi's body by Remiel's accusations.  "I have no blood on my hands, sir, nor do I have any wish to dodge scrutiny, as you put it, if it might help to bring the murderer to justice.  However, it seems we must all cast blame upon someone, and perhaps ThatRPGuy knows something of this foul deed."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Galactic Druid

Oh goodness, Perse, let's not do this again!

As for my thoughts, I'm rather inclined to agree with Remiel, Valerian does have a bad habit of avoiding the spotlight...
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Kerri

Kerri anxiously looked upon the room full of party-goers. Leery of who she could trust and who she couldn't. She carefully met each ones gaze. Her eyes locking upon theirs, if only for a moment, to see if she could see into their souls and find the guilty party. She cleared her throat and with a soft whisper spoke, "Izu was it you that committed this atrocity?"

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Martee

Martee was slow to awaken even with Rapt's anxious urging.  Too much wine and rich food, followed perhaps (she'd never tell) by the sort of life-affirming revelry that precedes the deepest, most satisfying slumber.  But awaken she did, and with bleary eyes, took in the morbid scene around her. "Poor yugi," she murmured, tugging her high collar a bit tighter around her own vulnerable neck. "He was such a dear. May God grant mercy on his soul." She crossed herself and turned to survey the survivors - and the guilty.

There were several sets of teary eyes, but none so obvious as Persephone's. Crocodile tears? she wondered, or perhaps tears of regret at a hasty action that cannot be undone?  There was so little to go on, and so much at stake. But MistressEvelyn's words rang true - would not the culprit seek to act quickly, and cast suspicion elsewhere?

Martee tapped her lip thoughtfully, staring across the room at Josietta.

Blythe

Blythe's eyes scan the area, looking for who he thinks might be guilty. He was sound asleep when poor yugi met his fate, and he feels so lost at sea; who can he trust? Who could have possibly done this? He grabs a morning cup of wine, despondent, and he mutters, "Maybe ThatRPGuy?" He can't be sure, and he doesn't want to believe it, but it's all he can think of.

Josietta

"I don't like the implication that just because I was the first to speak up and wake that I must be the culprit. That is a cop out of an accusation if ever I heard one. Maybe you should look around and see who is last to wake. Surely the culprit who did this wouldn't have been to sleep long before the rest of us arose. I find it insulting you both would look to me for that reasoning alone." She looked to both Rhedyn and Mistress E, who she did  not blame for pointing fingers back but still it was a lame excuse to Josietta just because she was the first to look for an answer to the death of a brother.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

lisar

Josie does make a point, I wonder where Ryven is.  Perhaps he is still sleeping because he was up late... taking care of yugi.

Lisar shrugged her shoulders and raised her eye brows, unsure of her decision

Bruja

Arching an eyebrow at Elina's accusation, the corner of Rapt's mouth twitched into a brief frown before a look of concern crosses her face"My lady I assure you, that I only seek justice for my neighbor and kinsmen. And would never commit such an act upon anyone. Though I do think we should mind our steps for the moment as killers are still among us. No on should leave until we find the persons responsible for these atrocities. Maybe you should take a cup of wine and settle  yourself, you look rather pale. Did you rest alright?"

Beguile's Mistress

Devastated by the news of Yugi's demise, one so close to friend and brother, Beguile's sat off to one side of the room her chin in her hand and her elbow resting on the arm of her chair.  The voices around her were so much noise and nothing more but slowly some sense the words filtered through.  The weight of opinion appeared to center on two people with almost equal disfavor.  "Great actors both of the," she thought, "but one is more adept at hiding villainy than the other.  Unless evidence is presented to the contrary it must be Valerian."

Zelric Miras

Leorobin moved closer to MistressEvelyn and tried to comfort her with a hand on her back. "It is certainly a sad demise. It makes e wonder what would have made him be the target. " He pondered about who others thought to be the culprits. He didn't have a particular target at the moment and would rather not vote at all. Yet, it would be unwise to not do so. He finally decided on gesturing towards James Moriarty perhaps he had been part of it.

James Moriarty

What light on yonder trying squabble breaks,
Tis the moon and murder is the shadow,
that fear drive us before a life it takes
to terrorize the lonely hearts it breaks.

My mind abuzz with hints and clues to test,
my pulse to arrest with a thought so sly
I can hardly restrain the urge to jest.
That she'd go unnoticed, I don't know why.

I fear I'll cause a great many distress
when I cast my vote for
Beguile's Mistress.

Ryven

I do believe Josietta is to blame for this.

Josietta

Furrowing her brow she looked to them all and then to lisar. "I think you maybe right, maybe he is trying to shift blame now that someone is onto him. We should look further into Ryven for possible blood stained hands."

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(5)RPGuy - perse, Val, Bly, Sunshine
(3)Josi - MissE, Martee, Ryv
(3)Val - Remi, RPGuy, BeMi
(2)Ryv - lisar, Josi
(1)BeMi - JM
(1)Bly - Rapt
(1)Izu - Kerri
(1)JM - Leorobin
(1)Rapt - Elina
Total: 16

Still to Vote
Izu
Us against the world

SunshineSparkle

Sunshine was still in shock after poor Yugi's tragic ending, she suspiciously eyed the group and narrowed her eyes at her target. "This is a cold-blooded killing, maybe it is ThatRPGuy the responsible of it."

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Denivar

I do have to concur with SunshineSparkle and blame ThatRPGuy for all the ills of the world.

Ons and Offs -- Roleplay Ideas -- Apologies, Absences, Excuses, that sort of thing

Autumn Sativus

Us against the world

Blythe

Blythe wakes further from his slumber and stupor, setting aside his drink. Surely he should cast his eyes to someone else; ThatRPGuy does not seem like the right man, not the guilty man. But perhaps her aura of gentle innocence belies a darker nature....he shakes his head and says out loud, changing his mind, "No, it cannot be him; I cannot believe ThatRPGuy to be a blight o'er this house, this land. It must be Valerian."

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(6)RPGuy - perse, Val, Sunshine, Denivar, MissE, Remi
(3)Val - RPGuy, BeMi, Bly
(2)Josi - Martee, Ryv
(2)Ryv - lisar, Josi
(1)BeMi - JM
(1)Bly - Rapt
(1)Izu - Kerri
(1)JM - Leorobin
(1)Rapt - Elina
Total: 18

Still to Vote
Izu
Us against the world

Goddess of Night

As she keeps looking at the body, now going cold, she catches some red out of the corner of her eye. Or what she thought was red. Her eyes looked to stare at a man she could have sworn had red on his palms. "Perhaps the culprit isThatRpGuy after all."
My On/Offs

Remiel

Remiel seemed to find himself wracked with doubt.  "While I still do not trust Valerian any further than I can throw her, I have been informed that ThatRPGuy has been witnessed engaging in nefarious activities.   Thus I have no choice but to trust my sources...for now."

He sighed.  "RPGuy, I apologize if I am wrong."

Izu

Same went for Izu. He didn't know what to think, but that kind of jumping onto ThatRPGuy seemed as if it was set up. It simple felt wrong. "I think that Val must have been the one..."

Autumn Sativus

Nay, gentlemen, prepare not to be gone.
We have a trifling foolish banquet towards.
Is it e'en so? Why, then, I thank you all.
I thank you, honest gentlemen. Good night.
More torches here! Come on then, let’s to bed.
Ah, sirrah, by my fay, it waxes late.
I’ll to my rest.

With things finally starting to die down and the fingers pointed more surely toward ThatRPGuy the moment of truth was here. He was escorted to the main entrance before his mask was removed, revealing both what had been feared and hoped for. Lord Capulet that dastardly, dirty, scheming murderer! All they could do now was to hope that the remainder of his family might not hold such a grudge. Going into the evening would be a challenge for all in trying to get some sleep... to hope that the rampage was over and they could truly enjoy the ball, perhaps even find the peace it meant to create.

Final Votes
(6)RPGuy - perse, Val, Sunshine, Denivar, MissE, Remi
(4)Val - RPGuy, BeMi, Bly, Izu
(2)Josi - Martee, Ryv
(2)Ryv - lisar, Josi
(1)BeMi - JM
(1)Bly - Rapt
(1)Izu - Kerri
(1)JM - Leorobin
(1)Rapt - Elina
Total: 19
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

A torch for me. Let wantons light of heart
Tickle the senseless rushes with their heels.
For I am proverbed with a grandsire phrase,
I’ll be a candle holder, and look on.
The game was ne'er so fair, and I am done.

The morning sun would bring another day, light streaming in through the windows of the garden as the world began to wake. The flutter of life outside would eventually bring one into the ball room as well, at least for most of the guests. Lord Capulet was not the only one willing to ruin the festivities as dear persephone325 was found in similar fashion to yugi before her and the Friar before him. With the mask removed the Montagues would mourn the loss of their peacekeeping friend Prince Escalus. Come and gone too quickly, they would have to find the person responsible and take up his cause to stop the fighting once and for all.

Please casts your votes for who is responsible in bold.
Us against the world

Josietta

With a heartfelt sigh she sank down at hearing that a friend had not made it through the night. They had lost a good one as well as a bad. The evil of murder still lurked apparently and she could do no more than try to hope her allies had an answer or thought on who might be responsible. Looking onward she glanced to each of them one by one and recalled that some had voted against getting rid of Lord Capulet. Maybe they knew or they had an inkling that Prince Escalus could find them out thus ending the life of Persephone. She looked to Blythe first and recalled conversations earlier which led her to think he could have had no choice. But who. BeMi? She was the only other who had taken Lord Capulets side. Then there was the ones who changed their votes at the last second. Izu.. MistressE.. Even some of her own alliance. But their choices we're know to her with the whys that haunted the rest. It was hard to pinpoint anything without direction or a sure idea. She sighed and looked to others.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Izu

Dawn came with more death. The news reached Izu just as he was dressing himself with the help of a couple of servants. There were whispers among the staff, dark ones, scary ones, and at first Izu wished that the news of yet another innocent soul gone along with a dark one would turn out to be a lie, but as he came to the ballroom he was surprised to find out that it was true. How? Who? Why? Was this old feud worth the deaths of so many? The grief of so many?! He sighed as he looked around, wondering which of the other guests might be responsible for all this. He had heard rumors and for a moment he pondered whether he could trust them, or maybe he should follow his gut? He glanced at Lisar and narrowed his eyes, wondering whether her beauty and nobility could be false.

Josietta

As soon as Izu cast his die on lisar she had frowned. Was it their goals to take away everyone who mattered in the Montague family? The Capulets were not playing fair but then they rarely did. She shook her head at his choice believing maybe his last minute choice against Val had been a last vaulted chance for his people to try and save Guy and in turn they took out Perse for being connected to Val and herself. No one could dare have allies or friends for fear that they perish at the hands of the murderers by mere association. She pushed her hand through long sunshine locks and sighed again. It made no sense why they would do this. The feud was stupid and far too long lasting.

EDIT :  adjusted to make sure the vote stood out enough for the GM

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Zelric Miras

The joy of having found one of the capulets was dampened by persephone's murder. There were still assassins amongst them and they had to find out who they were. He glanced at those around him carefully trying to recall the events of the preceding nights. His eyes finally stopped on Izu before he voiced his opinion. "You voted with RPGuy against Valerian, maybe you were together from the start? "

Elina

Elina pursed her lips together thoughtfully.  Another death.  Twas tragic, and such dangerous times.  When she spoke, it was quiet and authoritative.  "I believe I saw Denivar behaving suspiciously.  Perhaps he did it."

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(4)BeMi - Bly, Val, Remi, Ryv
(3)Izu - Josi, Leo, Lis
(1)Bly - BeMi
(1)Deni - Elina
(1)Lisar - Izu
Total: 10

Yet to Vote
Denivar
James Moriarty
Kerri
Martee
MistressEvelyn
Rapt
SunshineSparkle
Us against the world

Blythe

Blythe, after much deliberation, bemoaning the fate of poor persephone, comes to a conclusion. He is not so sure it's Izu who is guilty; there was another who voted up for Val and never once cast up suspicion for ThatRPGuy...while he himself made mistakes last round, he knows he has to cast his gaze appropriately...."After much deliberation and now no way to believe otherwise, I believe it is Beguile's Mistress who is guilty of this foul deed."

lisar

She looked at Izu and shook her head sadly  I'm not even sure what I did to make you, or anyone else, suspicious of me.  I assure you that I'm a Montague - one of the good guys.

I thought you were too, but I guess I was wrong, Izu.

Valerian

Val hesitated a moment, listening to the votes, then finally sighed and shook her head.  "There is still so much we don't know," she said, unhappily.  "But perhaps Beguile's Mistress does know more than she is willing to tell."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

"I'm inclined to agree," said Remiel.  "I, too, believe that Beguile's Mistress is up to no good."

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile's Mistress straightened the cuffs of her gown and stared at her accusers with narrowed eyes.  "I'm sure Valerian accuses me in retaliation for my accusation of her which is understandable and as for Blythe...well...I know that finger must be pointed in my direction as insurance to cover a guilt that must surely rankle.  Shame on thee, wicked knave.  Shame and to perdition with you!"

Ryven

"BeMi, I'm sorry.  You strike suspicion in my heart as well," he said with a sad frown upon his face.

Kerri

She looked around the room her eyes showing the sorrow she felt at yet another Montague taken before their time. Her voice shook as she held back tears. Her eyes went over everyone, knowing that now was not the time to mourn the losses but to find the culprit she turned her suspicious eyes upon the entire group. "It seems that there are those here who know much more than I." She looked first to Beguile's Mistress and then her eyes slowly traveled to Izu. "Perhaps they are cohorts?" She looked once more to Beguiles Mistress awaiting any further signs of guilt, "Beguiles Mistress certainly looks to be the guilty party."

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Goddess of Night

Again the woman in jade looks down at the body of another dead. She didn't know Persephone personally but the loss was not to be lessened. Murder impacted everyone and it was still the case for Eve. A silent tear ran down her pale cheek as she slumped intpa cchair. She couldn't sleep after seeing the dead bodies of friends and it was taking its toll. Her hazel eyes looked around the room for the one responsible for this and landed on Beguile's Mistress.
My On/Offs

SunshineSparkle

Another victim, another death to mourn. She had a feeling there would be no respite for them.
Sunshine listened to the votes and could not suppress her agreement with some of what had been said. "Now thinking of it Beguile's Mistress seems to be part of the malice striking here."

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(7)BeMi - Bly, Val, Remi, Ryv, Kerri, MissE, Sunshine
(3)Izu - Josi, Leo, Lis
(2)Josi - JM, Martee
(1)Bly - BeMi
(1)Deni - Elina
(1)Lisar - Izu
Total: 15

Yet to Vote
Denivar
Rapt
Us against the world

James Moriarty

Martee

Martee stared in frustration at the squabbling that erupted over the cold, stiff corpse of their beloved Prince. "Persephone..." she murmured, clutching her hands into angry fists. "Too soon, taken far too soon. We are all the poorer for the loss."  Well, not all.  There were two among them who sought to benefit from the fall of both Houses. Her eyes scanned the crowd as she cursed the masks they wore, masks that left them at the mercy of two love-sick, wayward children. Romeo, and Juliet.  It was all so deceptively simple, so easy to overlook amongst the blood and bodies and cultivated intrigues.

She slammed a fist down on the table, rattling the glasses set on top. "While we fight between ourselves - within our own family - others seek to take us down one by one, so that they alone remain standing.  Not just Montague, not only Capulet, but one of each. They would send us all to our graves to secure their own eternity together! That cannot be allowed to happen."

Once again she found Josietta in the crowd, impeaching her with a glare and a shaking finger.  "I see right through your poor disguise, Josi. I have no doubt it is you who has bewitched our Romeo, turning him against his own blood!  Beguile's Mistress may not be an innocent - and soon she will pay for her crimes - but at least she serves her once-noble House. You and your lover serve only yourselves!"

Bruja

Listening to the other's bicker and curse, she was not sure of anything right now.The whiskey haired lady was at a loss. What was happening to them! Two half grown adolescents were tearing down the very walls of Verona with this star crossed madness. Their regent dead, the lord Capulet unmasked and executed, what would Friar Laurence do? Crossing over to the statue of Mary ensconced in niche by the door, the heavenly masked lady knelt before the statue,bowed her head in reverent prayer, silk wings quivering in the sunlight. Voice, a hushed whisper as she mulled over the options in her mind.With a sad sigh of resignation she rose and turned towards the accusers of Josietta and Valerian.

With a deep breath Rapt allowed her eyes to wander over the other masked party goers. "Izu" she said letting her eyes close.

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(6)BeMi - Bly, Val, Remi, Ryv, MissE, Josi
(6)Josi - JM, Martee, BeMi, Deni, Sunshine, lis
(3)Izu - Leo, Rapt
(1)Deni - Elina
(1)Lisar - Izu
(1)MissE - Kerri
(1)Ryven - lis
Total: 17

I'd like if I could wrap this round up in the morning. :-)
Last call!
Us against the world

lisar

Lisar looked around at all the faces  There isn't much that I know.  But I am convinced of this.  I do not think that Izu has done anything wrong.  I am more suspicious of the quiet ones - like Ryven than I am of Izu!  I'm sorry to both of you - But particularly to you Izu, for accusing you wrongly.

Ryven, if you have anything that will convince me otherwise, you know where to find me.

Thanks,
Lisa

Kerri

Glancing around the room as everyone began stating their cases, Kerri was more confused than ever. All she wanted was for the senseless killing to end. "This feud has gone on far too long and at far too high a cost. When will we all see that we are all just people and that the fights our families once had are no longer important?" She shook her head disgusted by the events, the murders, the subsequent pointing of fingers and merciless judgments cast about here and there, and from what she could tell, all on conjecture and personal opinions. "With all that's going on here, I cannot in good faith keep pointing my finger at BeMi." She rested her forehead on the palms of her hands as she momentarily lost herself in thought, "I don't know who is guilty, but MistressEvelyn seems to have been acting suspiciously."

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Beguile's Mistress

It still irked Beguile's Mistress that Blythe would vote against her but what with one thing and another she decided to go after Josietta insead.

Denivar

With a solemn look his face, a vote is cast for Josietta

SunshineSparkle

O&O    A&A    Avatars

lisar

Lisar took a deep breath.  She had information that could not be ignored and only hoped that the people in her alliance would understand.  She closed her eyes and took another deep breath.
I am also changing my vote to Josie

Josietta

Josi turned with her mouth agape and stared at Lisar as though she had just driven a knife through her heart. Her brow furrowed and she turned to look at the others in her alliance. "I guess keeping someones word and worth is not enough sometimes. I had stuck up for you. I trusted you." She turned her back from lisar and looked away. "I made a vow to many of you and I have held true. I also said I would only  change my vote when it most mattered because vote changing often is usually indicative of guilt or someone manipulating you."  At those last words she looked back at lisar. Taking in a deep breath still in shock, she looked to Beguile's Mistress. "I hope you understand. I cannot allow the manipulations of others to affect the lives of myself or those I trust and who trust in me."

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Autumn Sativus

Final Votes
(6)BeMi - Bly, Val, Remi, Ryv, MissE, Josi
(6)Josi - JM, Martee, BeMi, Deni, Sunshine, lis
(3)Izu - Leo, Rapt
(1)Deni - Elina
(1)Lisar - Izu
(1)MissE - Kerri
(1)Ryven - lis
Total: 17

Unless there's any last minute changes, I believe the ball falls to our dear Rapt now.
Us against the world

Martee

Martee gasped and laughed bitterly at the vulgar display.  "Alliances? Good heavens - surely you mean allegiances - as in, our allegiance to our family's proud and noble House.. You cannot expect to manipulate good and pure Montague hearts into siding with you against their own flesh and blood..."

Smiling widely, she went on - "Oh, but what irony at your words of honor, as you turn on your own with nary the blink of an eye!  I guess there is no such thing as alliance, nor allegiance, in House Capulet."

lisar

She huffed at Josie and shook her head  I tried to trust you.  I tried to ask clarifying questions.  You did not find them worth of your breath.  That showed me exactly how much my alliance was worth to you, how much you 'trusted me' she scoffed

Bruja

The group was at an impasse and the lady in the angel costume felt obliged to hear the last cases of both of the accused. Motioning to a corner of the room, Rapt sat in a chair and looked at BeMi and Josi. "If you kind folks will give us a moment" (Slipping into a pm convo)

Bruja

After some discussion and consideration, the lady friar looked over the crowd, before motioning to the headsman. Standing she walked towards the lovely ones whose lives now hung in the balance. "It pains me to do this, my darling Josietta you have been too much the schemer for your own good this time around. If I make a mistake in this, then it will put the target on my back..." taking the lady's hand in her own, she bent in kissed the lovely one's wrist before stepping back and motioning to the guards. "Take her away..."

With a heavy heart Rapt sat back down in the chair and folded her hands, raising her face back to the crowd and certain that her decision would reveal more of House Capulet.

Autumn Sativus

A glooming peace this evening with it brings;
The moon, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Juliet and her Romeo.

The final vote was cast by Friar Rapt, poor Juliet to take her turn at execution. T'was a story doomed for tragedy from the beginning but with tearful eyes she must say goodbye to her dearest Romeo. All they'd wanted was to leave their families pasts behind to be together, but fate would not have it. A grave cringing of the crowd as Josietta is no more, one voice so desperate and pained among the rest.

Ah, dear Juliet,
Why art thou yet so fair? Shall I believe
That unsubstantial death is amorous,
And that the lean abhorrèd monster keeps
Thee here in dark to be his paramour?

For fear of that, I still will stay with thee,
And never from this palace of dim night
Depart again. Here, here will I remain
With worms that are thy chamber maids. Oh, here
Will I set up my everlasting rest,
And shake the yoke of inauspicious stars
From this world-wearied flesh. Eyes, look your last.
Arms, take your last embrace. And, lips, O you
The doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss
A dateless bargain to engrossing death.

Come, bitter conduct, come, unsavoury guide.
Thou desperate pilot, now at once run on
The dashing rocks thy seasick, weary bark.
Here’s to my love! O true apothecary,
Thy drugs are quick. Thus with a kiss I die.

Dear Romeo simply would not live without his beloved. He could not. Perhaps this would be what it would take for this fued to end... both of these young lovers to die and show that there is more than what has been the war of the past. It was Valerian who stood from the watching crowd to join beloved Juliet in death, surely at least now they could be together forever.

A sad outcome for both the Capulet and the Montague family. Could it mean they would all be safe this evening? Might some peace finally be found? One way or another, they would find out come morning.
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Seal up the mouth of outrage for a while,
Till we can clear these ambiguities
And know their spring, their head, their true descent,
And then will I be general of your woes,
And lead you even to death. Meantime forbear,
And let mischance be slave to patience.
Bring forth the parties of suspicion.

The sun brought with a rather miraculous event for the morning. Still tragic yes, though leading to the safety of the greater numbers. It was not a Montague they found dead this morning, but fair Lady Capulet who lay strewn on the floor and blue in color. Poor Beguile's Mistress did seem to know she wasn't long for this world. Still, they knew she couldn't be the last of them. Perhaps this was their chance to get a slight advantage on the Capulets.

Please casts your votes for the remaining Capulet in bold.
Us against the world

Blythe

Blythe frowns. He genuinely has no idea who the remaining Capulet is, and he is hesitant to select someone who might be an innocent. While unwilling to accidentally pick someone innocent and accuse them, he knows that someone must speak up. Perhaps he will be able to think things through a bit more as others discuss the guilty party, and he twirls a wineglass, saying, "A shot in the dark. Perhaps Izu is guilty?" He grumbles, decidedly unhappy with himself.

Remiel

Remiel shakes his head.  "I think the time has come to out Rapt as our last Capulet.  It has come to my attention that she is mounting a campaign against me, as I am doing against her.    The difference is that I am innocent.  Anyone who cares to check can see that I voted for Capulets on both nights--I was, in fact, the crucial swing vote against ThatRPGuy the first night, and I voted for Beguile's Mistress the second. 

"I cannot say for sure that she is guilty, but I do know that she never voted once for RPGuy, BeMi, or Josietta--only eliminating Josietta once she was forced to pick between Capulets.

"Rapt, I was reluctant to publicly out you, as you were one of those I approached with my offer of mutual non-aggression, but then I realized that you never actually agreed to it.

"Your words were, I believe, 'And what, pray tell is in it for me? Other than keeping my head?How do I know you will keep your promise and not offer up the same to every other lady that crosses your path? I would need more reassurances than that...after all..when one has the swing vote....you never know how the ax will fall.  :-* ' "

"Thus, since you never actually agreed to my offer, I do not feel any loss of honor in naming you."

Blythe

Blythe, hoarding secret letters and now armed with exceedingly important information, announces, "I have every single reason to believe Remiel is innocent, and I am willing to trust his judgement. I shall cast my suspicions to Rapt now."

Elina

Elina peered at Rapt and took a breath.  "I've said it before, and I will say it again.  I do believe that there is something rather suspicious about the lady.  I too shall cast my vote as the others have."

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(6)Rapt - Remi, Bly, Elina, JM, Sunshine, Ryv
(1)Blythe - Rapt

Yet to Vote
Denivar
Izu
Kerri
Leorobin
Lisar
Martee
MistressEvelyn
Us against the world

Bruja

The lady friar shook her head at her accusers. "It is true I have suspected Remiel from the outset, but when one approaches every person with the same offer, how could one not be suspicious. Ask yourselves my dear friends, who has approached you and who has not. I did indeed vote for people not known the be Capulets, because I did not know if they be Capulets or not.Mostly it was gut feeling and luck of the draw. The unfortunate decision between Beguiles and Josietta was more for the sake of the group, as Beguiles had already outed herself and the lovers were certain to get us all killed."she stood and walked around the room looking at every person level in the eye.

" And now I shall out myself. I am a humble Montague, who has been elected to the position of final decision maker when we as a group come to an impasse.I have no reason to lie. I have asked questions about my suspicions to the person's present. And if you think that makes me your enemy, then cast your vote for my head. Either way, I am certain that my mask having been removed will put me in the line of fire, whether it be by the headman's ax or the dagger of a Capulet. But be warned, should I fall and you must re-elect, you leave your fates into the hands of an enemy, for the Capulet is still at large." having returned to her chair Lady Rapt sat down calmly and placed her hands folded in her lap.

"As for my vote and suspicions, Blythe you make yourself a target of mine and not for the first time" her steel colored eyes narrowed on the gent, not entirely certain of his innocence.

James Moriarty

This is a remarkably difficult position for our family, and I desperately fear we know too little.

But it does not sit well with me that you ask me to vote one way, Rapt, and then vote another yourself.  With a heavy heart, I can only guess that Rapt may be our enemy.

SunshineSparkle

She turns her attention to Rapt and makes no effort to hide her suspicions.

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Ryven

Martee

Martee sighed sadly, wringing her hands before her.  What should be a day to celebrate - for had they not unmasked two more wicked Capulets? - was marred by the loss of their golden son, their Romeo.  And now this! More scheming, more petty squabbles, more underhanded dealings to consider.  It weighed heavily on her mind.

She lifted her eyes to look to the Friar.  "Dear Lady Rapt - it pains me to say this, as you know we are all faced with uncertainties... However, I can only concur with the others.  You bring suspicion upon yourself by asking others to do what you yourself would not.  You have violated the sanctity of your alliance as surely as if you had cast the first vote against them yourself. May every good soul forgive me if I am wrong, but I cannot bring myself to name any other."

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(7)Rapt - Remi, Bly, Elina, JM, Sunshine, Ryv, Martee
(1)Blythe - Rapt
Total: 8

Yet to Vote
Denivar
Izu
Kerri
Leorobin
Lisar
MistressEvelyn
Us against the world

Zelric Miras

His voted had little weight as of now, it was clear for whom the gallows were now being prepared. He still felt like he should feel his own gut feeling instead of letting himself be swayed by the hearsay. The last of the Capulets had to be smoked out one way or another and the odds where in their favor with only one of them remaining. Whatever plot she or he might be concocting, they had a good opportunity of foiling it. "My vote is against Blythe. Just a gut feeling."

Goddess of Night

The lady in jade had no idea who could be the last Capulet. Her mind was going in different directions all fueled by the need to protect the innocent, her friends and family. Her hazel eyes glowed as she looked at each face before sighing and rubbing her temples. "I believe Rapt could be of guilty conscience. "
My On/Offs

lisar

Her eyes roamed from Leorobin to Rapt.  She was unsure of who was guilty, but with what her memory had served up, she could not see any malfeasance lying with Blythe.  There was so much at stake here, most specifically a life at stake.  I'm afraid that I don't have enough information to make an accusation without a shadow of doubt, but I do not have that luxury.  I will cast my vote for Leorobin

Kerri

After much deliberation, and much soul searching, Kerri found herself in a difficult position. Unable to know for certain who the remaining Capulet was she knew it didn't matter a vote must be made. She shook her head hoping that it wasn't so, her vote not really important at this junction, she sighed before softly speaking "Rapt, I truly hope it isn't you."

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Denivar

Solemnly, Denivar cast his vote along with many of the others. "It is time for you to depart, I am afraid, sweet Rapt even though I can't help but be unsure if it is truly you."

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(11)Rapt - Remi, Bly, Elina, JM, Sunshine, Ryv, Martee, MissE, Kerri, Deni, Izu
(2)Blythe - Rapt, Leo
(1)Leo - Lisar
Total: 14

Last Call
Us against the world

Bruja

Takes a mimosa and drinks it down..then three more after that.."If one must die to prove one's innocence, then I shall with gladness. Thank you my Lady Lisar...you of all people have been the most kind to me..and the most faithful." Kisses the lovely on the wrist before waiting for headsman, still seated in her place of honor, unwilling to give up that dignity until they come to take her way.

Izu

Izu looked at Rapt and shook his head. "I also suspect you, Rapt...."

Bruja

Seeing the final vote against her, the Lady Rapt looked at the headsman "Thank you for your kind service sir, I know you will preform your duty admirably" Stood up, gathered her skirts in her hands and waited at the door without a look back to her fellow Montagues. Feeling that such would strike a chord of contrition on her part, for which she was not contrite, nor was she guilty. But proud to die in honor of house Montague the angelic lady held her head high..until it might be removed from her pretty shoulders. (yes yes I know.,.its very theatrical and unnecessary but I so wanted to leave on a Shakespearian note!)

Autumn Sativus

This, by her voice, should be a Montague.
What, dares the slave
Come hither, covered with an antic face,
To fleer and scorn at our solemnity?
Now, by the stock and honor of my kin,
To strike him dead I hold it not a sin.

The votes were tallied and the last drink had been had, poor Rapt the victim of a ravenous crowd though the dear Montague had done not a thing wrong. Reason was not to be heard anymore, the bloodthirst among the group nearing as bad as that of those nasty Capulets which still held the guests in their claws. Perhaps the morrow would bring more good news.

Please cast your votes for the next Friar now. The night round will be conducted simultaneously.
Us against the world

Goddess of Night

Shocked by the incorrect guess she had placed on Rapt the lady in Jade felt guilt seep into her heart. "Rapt... I'm so sorry." She frowned and looked away. "Leorobin has my vote."
My On/Offs

Ryven

Elina

I will cast my vote on one I am certain is a Montague, with no doubt whatsoever.  Martee, I have confidence in your ability and your loyalty.

Martee

Martee nodded solemnly to Elina.  "I thank you for your vote of faith and confidence, dear Lady, but I must concur with Ryven. Remiel has proven himself a true brother to House Montague, and in these troubled times I believe he would serve us well as Friar."

Blythe

Unhappy that he had guessed wrong and felled one of his own beloved family, Blythe is distressed. He says, "I still believe in Remiel's innocence, so I believe he would do best as Friar."

James Moriarty

Remiel

"Uh, can I refuse?  I'm pretty sure that being Friar is the kiss of death."  His eyes dart quickly from side to side.  "I'd rather see Blythe in the role."

Blythe

Blythe blinks and says slowly to Remiel, sipping a glass of wine as more votes come in, "You're.....voting me for a role that you see as a 'kiss of death?' I had not thought the role so dangerous. I am unsure, dear friend, how I am supposed to view that."

Kerri

I think Denivar would be a good person to have as our next friar.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(4)Remi - Ryven, Martee, Blythe, JM
(1)Blythe - Remi
(1)Denivar - Kerri
(1)Leorobin - MissE
(1)Martee - Elina

Yet to Vote
Denivar
Izu
Leorobin
Lisar
SunshineSparkle
Us against the world

Denivar

I happily vote for Remiel to be the friar.

lisar

Lisar smiled broadly  I'll vote for Remi  she spoke out loud enough for them to hear her but stopped short, not wanting to indicate if it was because she trusted Remi or wanted to see his head next on the block

Zelric Miras

Leorobin had seen Rapt go with the executioner, a grim expression on his face. His concern had proved true even if most know had their hands tainted with innocent blood. At least his own was untainted, ...yet. "Thank you Miss Evelyn, I'd like to reciprocate, but I won't cast my vote on tainted hands as it would go against my own judgement. lisar, besides myself, was the only one who had no part in sending our good Friar to the butcher's block." His eyes searched for occulted guilt that might unkennel in his remark.

Martee

Martee met Leorobin's stare readily and unflinchingly. "Not to put too fine a point on it, sir, but while it's true neither of you accused Rapt, you've both also failed to oust a single Capulet so far..."

Zelric Miras

"And I'm not the only one that hasn't. Six of us haven't taken part in the votes against a Capulet. Including our deceased Friar, who only decided against Josietta when it was her duty to choose who would meet the axe. My point remains, as well as my vote for lisar. You may take what you want from my actions these last nights, but I have my suspicions and grounds. I'm sure you have yours too." He held his sight on Martee's eyes when she questioned him, he had expected that argument and was prepared for it, if it arose. Suspicions would be wasted on him.

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(7)Remi - Ryven, Martee, Blythe, JM, lisar, Deni, Sunshine
(1)Blythe - Remi
(1)Denivar - Kerri
(1)Leorobin - MissE
(1)lisar - Leo
(1)Martee - Elina

Yet to Vote
Izu

Please remember this is a Friar vote not a lynch vote. :P
Us against the world

SunshineSparkle

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Izu

Still, Remi ^^;

((sorry for the confusion earlier - I replied 30 seconds after waking up, from my phone without glasses on, just saw who the others were voting for and went for him as well ><  So... still applying same logic xD))

Autumn Sativus

Many a morning hath he there been seen,
With tears augmenting the fresh morning’s dew,
Adding to clouds more clouds with his deep sighs.

A new Friar selected as Remiel, the night hours waned and soon the sun broke through the clouds to bring in the next morning. They could at least be sure now, there was at least still some Capulet among them causing trouble. Leorobin had been victim to them the night before, another dear Montague parted from this world. It was time to weed out the last of them, certainly, it had to be just one left?

Please cast your votes for the final Capulet in bold.
Us against the world

Kerri

Taking a moment to mourn the loss of more of her family, she knew it was high time for the last Capulet to be ousted from their mix. The time had come to vote once more and with a deep sadness Kerri pondered who could possibly be the last Capulet. She let her eyes travel over everyone remaining in the room. She had no possible clue as to who could possibly be the traitor in their midst and with a heavy heart she knew whatever decision that was made could possibly hurt more of those she held dear. She began to speak quietly unsure if anyone could even hear her, "Perhaps the Capulet amongst us is trying to stay quiet to arouse less suspicion. Could Ryven possibly be the last of our foes?"

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Ryven

Quote from: Kerri on March 04, 2014, 07:44:26 PM
Taking a moment to mourn the loss of more of her family, she knew it was high time for the last Capulet to be ousted from their mix. The time had come to vote once more and with a deep sadness Kerri pondered who could possibly be the last Capulet. She let her eyes travel over everyone remaining in the room. She had no possible clue as to who could possibly be the traitor in their midst and with a heavy heart she knew whatever decision that was made could possibly hurt more of those she held dear. She began to speak quietly unsure if anyone could even hear her, "Perhaps the Capulet amongst us is trying to stay quiet to arouse less suspicion. Could Ryven possibly be the last of our foes?"

Lynch me and find out.  However, I'll have you know that it was I that brought Lady Capulet to her end. That is right, I am Mercutio. There would have been one more that would have been subject to my wrath but the pacifist among us stopped that from occurring.

lisar

Looking at Ryven and Kerri she shrugged her shoulders. I really don't know what of that is true, but I do have my own suspicions.  Her eyes flitted over to Elina You have been very quiet, Elina.  I have not taken a stand on any Capulet. What reason have I to trust you?

Blythe

Blythe says, "I am not sure, but after some contemplation, I think it is possible that Kerri could be the last of the Capulets among us."

Goddess of Night

She wrapped her arms around her waist and frowned. "I don't know who is the last Capulet and I'm afraid of being wrong again." She shook her head and pouted. "If I have to vote then I vote Kerri."
My On/Offs

Elina

Elina looked over to lisar.  "It isn't me.  I am a Montague, and I believe, milady, that you are too.  But I must admit that I am at a loss.  I do not know who amongst us to suspect.  Blythe?  Ryven?  I know not.  If others suspect Kerri, I too will cast my suspicion at her.  My most humble apologies if I am mistaken."

Denivar

I shall have to, with dour reservations, also cast my vote for Kerri.

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(5)Kerri - Bly, MissE, Elina, Deni, Sunshine
(1)Elina - lisar
(1)lisar - Izu
(1)Ryven - Kerri

Yet to Vote
James Moriarty
Martee
Remiel
Ryven

I'll likely be ending the voting today, please get your votes in everyone.
Us against the world

Izu

"I think it might be after all Lisar. After studying the events of the past few days I cannot help but wonder if she is the last of our enemies..."

SunshineSparkle

She cleared her throat and pointed out. "I am starting to suspect that Kerri is the last Capulet left."

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Kerri

Standing silently, she watches in awe as those around her begin accusing her. Finally finding her voice she shakes her head then begins to speak, "I'm sorry you all believe me to be guilty, but continue to offer me up to the Capulet's and their revenge and you will surely be saddened at the end of the day when you find you have murdered your own blood."

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Remiel

"I was dead wrong about Rapt," said Remiel, slowly.  "I was so certain about her, and the fact that she turned out to be innocent sent all my deductive reasoning into a complete tailspin.  Before she left us, however, she confided that she was suspicious of Izu.  I will vote the way she would have, to honor her memory."

James Moriarty

I cannot say that I have had many suspicions of Kerri -- though in this climate, who can tell.  All I have to go on, and it's just not much, is how votes were cast before.  Has any among us never voted for a Capulet?  Yes.  Among them: Izu.

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(5)Kerri - Bly, MissE, Elina, Deni, Sunshine
(4)Izu - Remi, JM, lisar, Kerri
(1)lisar - Izu

Yet to Vote
Martee
Ryven

Last call!
Us against the world

lisar

I am positive that Kerri is not a Capulet She shook her head sadly  I do not know about Elina but I do also have suspicions about Izu

Kerri

"I'm still not sure of guilt, but those of you pointing your fingers at Izu have a point." She decided to go with her gut, and vote alongside the people she knew she could trust.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Martee

I'm sorry, I have no time for lengthy apologies.  I am convinced of no one's guilt, but a choice must be made.  Izu, forgive me if I am wrong.

Elina

"As I listen to everyone else, I too will agree.  I have no idea who is the remaining Capulet.  I only know it is not me.  I will change my vote to Izu."

Blythe

"If there are those who believe strongly in the guilt of Izu, who am I to disagree? Perhaps Kerri is innocent after all. I have reconsidered my stance, although I truly do not have a strong idea of who might be guilty," Blythe says.

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(9)Izu - Remi, JM, lisar, Kerri, Elina, Bly, MissE, Ryv, Martee
(2)Kerri - Deni, Sunshine
(1)lisar - Izu

Last call!
Us against the world

Goddess of Night

"I too will change my vote. I hope I'm not wrong about this as I vote up Izu."
My On/Offs

Ryven

Izu

Innocent I am... the enemy is still among you. Kill them for me and our dear family...

Remiel

Bloody hell... why is everyone following my lead?  I don't know anything, people!  Don't trust me!  Shoo! Go away!

* Remiel would change his vote to Kerri to spite them all, except that he had a pact of non-aggression with her.

Autumn Sativus

Perhaps you have learned it without book.
But I pray, can you read anything you see?

It was True, as Izu had told them. He was just another innocent Montague caught in the crossfire of those remaining trying to find the Capulet among them. The culprit must have been well hidden, or very good at telling tales to keep them in the dark so long to their identity. Perhaps Lady Luck was on their side, it seemed it may not be too long before their goals would be accomplished. With the sun going down quickly it was time to sleep, to enjoy the sounds of evening and see what the morn would bring - good news, or bad.
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

I mean, sir, in delay.
We waste our lights in vain, like lights by day.
Take our good meaning, for our judgment sits
Five times in that ere once in our fine wits.

Though the bright sounds of morning cast a cheerful din through the room, it was too good to be true as they assembled once again. Their friend, another Montague had not made it through the night. The Capulet having a taste for MistressEvelyn it seemed. The numbers were growing thin, just a few more than a handful of Montagues remaining as the traitor among them slowly picked them off one by one. Another sad day for the Montagues as they quietly began discussing once again who the traitor must be.

Us against the world

Kerri

I think JM is the last Capulet. I've been wrong before, but I do have reason to believe that he is the last of the Capulets.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

James Moriarty

A reason -- I would be most eager to hear a decisive reason to vote against someone at this point, even myself.  I see no reason not to share it -- if it is convincing, then I will be impressed (and in this case, amazed, as I am most certainly not the last Capulet).

Despite this, I have no reason to suspect Kerri.  Again, appealing to the voting record, my question would be to lisar, the only person remaining to never cast an initial Capulet vote: who do you think did it?  It's a thin reason, but if we're offering reasons, voting record seems to be a good start.

But before I cast my vote, I will also say that I find it strange that there was such a substantial swing in votes following Remiel's.  The last remaining Capulet has a very obvious strategy available to her: to stay in an alliance until the last few rounds.  What better place to hide than in a crowd?  I believe Remiel, Blythe and Martee to be innocent, and MistressEvelyn is alas departed.  So I would wonder who among Ryven, Elina and lisar is the Capulet hiding in the crowd of an alliance?  It could even be Kerri, I suppose, in which case, that would be quite the irony.

The only name to appear twice: lisar.

Blythe

Blythe frowns and says, "I believe that JM makes an excellent point regarding the voting record and alliances. I, too, will cast my vote for lisar."

Elina

I have no alliances, and I am truly a Montague.  I do not believe that JM is a Capulet.  It does not make sense to me.  I will follow the others and vote for lisar.

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(4)lisar - JM, Bly, Elina, Ryv
(3)JM - Kerri, lisar, Deni

Yet to Vote
Martee
Remiel
SunshineSparkle
Us against the world

lisar

Yes JM voting record is an excellent place to start.  I assume that you know I have been looking at your record.  It unfortunate that alliances are playing a more important role than facts.

You did once vote for BeMi, but it was when you were one of the last to vote.  Voting for BeMi had no other votes - There was no risk of her being voted out by one of her own.  It was just like a Capulet to offer her up in trade for Juliet - for one additional week.  Excellent game play I'd say - certainly threw me off your scent.

Well Played JM, well played.

Ryven

Denivar

I shall have to vote for James Moriarty.

Martee

We were wrong about Izu, and wrong about Rapt.  The last Capulet has hidden themselves well amongst us.  I chose to avoid speaking with anyone else about the suspects this round, so that I could make my choice free and unfettered by the opinions and suspicions of others...

There's so little to go on, but having the other possibilities taken from consideration, the only person whose actions have confused me in the past are lisar's.

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(6)lisar - JM, Bly, Elina, Ryv, Martee
(3)JM - Kerri, lisar, Deni

Yet to Vote
Remiel
Us against the world

SunshineSparkle

"Lisar, my apologies if I'm wrong but your last actions had me wondering if you are as innocent as you pretend to be."

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Remiel

"My vote is for James Moriarty," said Remiel, after awhile. 

lisar

Lisar looks around the room, taking a moment to look into the eyes of those that voted against her  You may remember that I broke my alliance with Juliet to vote her out.  The right thing to do.  I did not have to do that.  I could have kept my vote with a 3rd person.  I am a Montague.  You will find out.  I can only ask that you apply logic to future votes.  I believe strongly that it is JM and that he threw BeMi to the wolves because she was already on the chopping block. 

Good Luck

James Moriarty

You know, there is a chance that I am wrong, and it is not you, lisar -- then it's two innocents facing each other, just as it has been these prior rounds.

I do not know exactly why you or Kerri suspect me -- you say that my voting record is suspect, but I ask you to think about it another way:  Suppose I were a Capulet, along with Guy, Josi and BeMi.  Suppose then that first Guy was voted out and then the next round, everyone went for BeMi.  What should I do, were I a Capulet?

The apparent answer here is that I should just go with the flow.  That leaves two Capulets on the board, and the chance still to make a lot of progress removing Montagues without any suspicion.  Josietta presumably had an alliance, and there would have been no reason for me to make any waves.  So why would I try to vote out Josietta?  Why would I confront BeMi and essentially out her as another Capulet?  It would leave me in a much worse position -- even granting that Juliet was still alive -- than simply going along with Juliet for a while and riding out a few more rounds in the shadows.

I do not know for certain who the last Capulet is.  I've offered the reasons I have for my own suspicions and I have always voted with those convictions from the start -- not once have I deviated from my decision once I made it.  But the reasons you have presented to suspect me just don't add up.

lisar

It is easy to vote with conviction when you know who the other's in your family are for sure, is it not JM?

You say that the apparent answer is to go with the flow, but as I recall when you were trying to get me to change my vote to get Juliet out, you said that Romeo and Juliet were ruling the roost.  They were the ones that were getting everyone to do what they wished, I would guess you were concerned that your turn would come up in short order.  It would make sense that Juliet would get rid of her family as soon as possible, because then the Montagues would not be sure who she was. 

Was that it JM?  Concerned your number was up?

James Moriarty

I hear what you're saying, lisar, but I don't see that that makes very much sense.  Why would I worry that Josietta would go after me immediately after?  If she did, I would simply out her to everyone, and when I was shown to be a Capulet, she would be the next to go, no?  I would have just told everyone she was Juliet, and then I would have been shown by the vote to actually be in a position to know that.  That play just doesn't make any sense to me.  Am I missing something?

Kerri

JM you ask how would outing BeMi would have benefited you. Well that's simple, with her gone there was no one left to tell your secret. It was optimal for you to get the Lover's out of your way, you couldn't risk them playing the Montague's against you to further their own agenda. Offering up BeMi was just a sign of supposed goodwill and a way to attempt to pull the wool over our eyes further.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

James Moriarty

Kerri, though it's true that such a move would perhaps throw some suspicion off of me, it seems to me that piping up in the first place threw much more suspicion on me anyway -- as we can now see happening.  So if that was my rationale, it was very poorly thought out.  But again, and I'll leave this as my final thought, suppose it had thrown suspicion off of me.  Is that loss of suspicion worth losing a team member in a game of numbers such as this one?  No mental math I can reckon seems to balance out a dubious play to throw off suspicion with losing multiple team members in a single round.

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(6)lisar - JM, Bly, Elina, Ryv, Martee, Sunshine
(4)JM - Kerri, lisar, Deni, Remi
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Though news be sad, yet tell them merrily.
If good, thou shamest the music of sweet news
By playing it to me with so sour a face.

It was true, what lisar told them. She was just another innocent Montague and once again they had been wrong, their panic causing their minds to twist what they saw, continually pointing fingers at each other, at the wrong people. They were running out of options. Who would do such a thing? Who could the traitor among them be? Perhaps time would tell, or perhaps they were just too good to be found out.
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Where be these enemies? Capulet! Montague!
See, what a scourge is laid upon your hate,
That heaven finds means to kill your joys with love.
And I for winking at your discords too
Have lost a brace of kinsmen: all are punish'd.

Today would mark another sad morning for the Montague's, Mercutio, one of their few defenses against the Capulet's the one who did not survive the night. Poor Ryven didn't see it coming, despite having his knives by his side. Well at least he'd managed to off one of them before they got him back. Perhaps it was all in karma. Now if they could just figure out who was really responsible.

Us against the world

Elina

Elina stared forlornly at those still left before her.  Not Ryven, not lisar.  The final Capulet was truly well-hidden within the very folds of her family.  Already they had lost their beloved Romeo, and now Mercutio, too?  Her eyes saddened, she spoke up.  "I know not in whom to believe.  Kerri, are you a Capulet?"

Blythe

"I regretted changing my mind earlier in regards to Izu. While I am by no means sure, I am more sure regarding this individual than any others at the moment. If I am wrong, I ask forgiveness, Kerri," Blythe pronounces, grieving over the death of beloved Mercutio.

Martee

Martee stood weary and anxious in the corner.  "Regretfully, we were wrong about lisar, and that decision leaves us all weaker and more vulnerable.  Still, perhaps we were not too far off the mark, and lisar only provided the shadow in which the true culprit hid.  I too choose Kerri, and I pray that will bring an end to this madness."

Remiel

"I've been seesawing back and forth on James Moriarty," said Remiel, "but he still remains as one of my top three suspects."

Kerri

I believe that James Moriarty is the last remaining Capulet. I only hope that those of you he is deceiving see the light before it is too late.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Denivar

I also believe that James Moriarty is a foul capulet. I hope others can see through his wiles.

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(4)Kerri - Elina, Blythe, Martee, JM
(3)JM - Remi, Kerri, Deni

Yet to Vote
SunshineSparkle
Us against the world

James Moriarty

The irony of course is that I defended you earlier this game, Kerri, though now I feel as though I may have been somewhat the fool to do so.

Kerri

Then you shall feel even more foolish when what you already know is proven: that I am an innocent Montague.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Blythe

After some discussion and trepidation, Blythe announces, "I do not think JM is guilty. But I am now no longer so sure of Kerri's guilt. Perhaps it is Elina, so quiet, subtle, elegant, and elusive, that has fooled us all along."

Denivar

I can see Blythe's wisdom, and shall concur with voting for Elina. Though I still do retain my suspicions regarding James Moriarty, we shall return to them if Elina does turn out to be innocent.

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(4)Kerri - Elina, Martee, JM, Sunshine
(4)Elina - Bly, Deni, Rem, Kerri
Us against the world

Remiel

Upon reflection, I do think that Elina has been acting rather suspiciously.  I was not able to vote for her before due to our mutual non-aggression agreement, but she has graciously released me from that obligation.

Kerri

I too have had time to reconsider and I will vote for Elina as well.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

SunshineSparkle

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Autumn Sativus

Anyone want to sway the vote before it goes to the Friar?
Us against the world

Elina

It's not me.  I am a Montague.  If you vote me out, I will be like Rapt and lisar, a member of your own family.  Ask yourself why your friar is working so hard to convince you to kill your own.

Blythe

Blythe sighs and bangs his head against a wall, saying flatly, "So many individuals trying to convince me to change my mind. Those who have thus far given me no reason to distrust them have strongly implicated Kerri. They have presented fairly compelling evidence of their own innocence, at least. I have no such assurances of Kerri. I return to my original vote after much persuasion."

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(5)Kerri - Elina, Martee, JM, Sunshine, Bly
(3)Elina - Deni, Rem, Kerri
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

These violent delights have violent ends
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
Which, as they kiss, consume.

Most of them expected this. Indeed, Kerri was just another Montague as she had claimed to be. Who would they point at next? Another of their own? Perhaps by some stroke of luck, the culprit? There was little they had to go on, it would appear, just another cold night waiting to see who would die.

Some twenty of them fought in this black strife,
And all those twenty could but kill one life.

Rays of bright sunshine would stream through the windows from the garden once again, announcing the morning's arrival. Though outside birds chirped on happily, inside, the mystery continued unsolved. Another dear Montague departed at the hands of this foul and apparently well disguised Capulet. Poor Blythe did not survive the night, but there was some... small... hope, that his death would not be in vain.

Us against the world

Martee

This is most distressing - Kerri, an innocent revealed and poor Blythe slain. As much as I mourn their loss, I believe the hidden Capulet has made a grievous error.  The Friar claims to be a loyal Montague, and so I fear the murderer must be Denivar.

Remiel

James Moriarty, while I have greatly enjoyed our game of cat and mouse, the time for games, I'm afraid, has finally come to an end.  I advised you to pick me for your nightly victim, and warned you that if you did not, I would be forced to side with the remaining Montagues, for that is where my ultimate loyalty lies: as a Montague. 

I have nothing but admiration for the way that you so artfully pulled the wool over all of our eyes, but you have made a tactical error, I'm afraid, in eliminating Blythe instead of myself. 

I am 100% sure now that you are the culprit (and if you are not, I will eat my hat).   

James Moriarty

I do apologize for the delay in posting -- affairs outside our fair city have kept me away.  And this has given me at least the chance to think on our situation, which I can see upon my return has grown yet more dire and black than ever before.  Blythe was a dear friend, and I cannot begin to express my regret over our loss of Kerri, as well.

My dear sir, I know how you suspect me so, but I beg of you nonetheless to please not consume such fine headwear when you learn of my innocence.  I fear that it is this same jaunty hat that has been pulled over your eyes, sir, leaving you blinded to the truth.

Something Martee said, combined with something you yourself said earlier finally clicked in my addled brain.  You had mentioned how unlikely it was that Josietta would include another Capulet in her alliance.  Aye, this is so.  Yet you fail then to note that in fact Denivar was not in that alliance until after Josietta's death.  I had not known this until a casual remark in private communication got me thinking.  And now I am as convinced as one can be in a game like this.

Your PM to me was indeed a brilliant work -- artful and convincing.  Yet you did not offer as penetrating a consideration of Denivar as you did of others.

I implore you to consider: who stood the most to gain by Blythe's death?  He and I, in open group communication, had repeatedly noted our belief that the other was innocent.  No: there is someone who stood to gain by his death -- it was, however, not I.

Remiel

"My defense of Denivar is simple -- his voting record.   Like myself, he voted for ThatRPGuy the night first, and did not even try to defend him.    SunshineSparkle has a similar record.  I know that they both must be innocent.  I now believe that Elina is innocent as well--unless she is a far better liar than I have given her credit for.  That leaves only yourself and your dear Martee as the possible villains.

"Really, my dear James, your skills of obfuscation and deception are exemplary, but you are simply running out of convenient scapegoats.  No doubt you would be even now casting aspersions upon me if I was not luckily on record as voting for both RPGuy and Beguile's Mistress, and had admitted to being Benevolio.   What I admitted to you was truth; I had saved Blythe the first night he was targeted, and was forced to save myself when Ryven mistakenly tried to assassinate me.   The only lie I have ever told in this game was the second time I urged your group to vote for Elina.  By that time, I realized that she was innocent.  I was indeed impressed by your art and wiles, and did truthfully want you to carry the day.   I was hoping that you would eliminate me, and thus Elina would become the next suspect. 

"However, I am a loyal Montague above all, and I am forced to vote as a Montague.   I believe with all my heart that you are the last Capulet.  I am confident that my hat, as fine as it is, will remain unmasticated."

SunshineSparkle

The further I keep analyzing the less I grow sure of who is the last Capulet left, I will go for Denivar.

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Elina

Denivar

I shall stand with the good Friar and vote for James Moriarty even as it seems my fate is sealed and will go to my doom. I am, like our good friar, certain of the guilt of James Moriarty yet it seems none will stand with us.

I only hope that after my innocence has been proven by my demise, and our good friend James thins our number this eve, the remaining Montagues will finally see the wisdom of putting an end to his reign of terror. When you vote next round, consider carefully that Kerri, lisar, and Denivar, all known Montagues insisted on JM's guilt.

Elina

I've been contemplating my vote and am changing it to james moriarty.
Since I haven't a clue who it is, I know someone is manipulating the hell out of everyone.  If it is JM, then the Montagues will win.  If he goes out and it isn't him, the remaining players can regroup and focus on figuring out who the Capulet really is instead of vilifying one player to the degree that they cannot concentrate on any other.  Sorry, JM.  I cannot see a down side to voting this way.  You've become too divisive these last rounds.

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(4)JM - Remi, Deni, Elina, Martee
(2)Deni -, JM, Sunshine

I will leave this in the hands of our good Friar, if there's no last minute changes.
Us against the world

Martee

If James Moriarty turns out to be innocent,  then I think wet all know where the guilty party is hiding...

James Moriarty

The last known words of Paris, son of Prince Escalus of Verona.  The missive to which this is a reply has not been recovered.

19 luglio 1303
Verona, Italia

Caro Benvolio:

I write this immediately after your own message, though I fear it may take some meaningful time for it to make its passage through the city.  In fact, I may already have departed this world for another more pleasant by the time this reaches you.  Let me speak honestly.

Your reasoning is at once cogent, astute and accurate -- I am Paris, not a Capulet but allied with them due to my courtship of the fair Juliet.

The remark that I "broke the game" pains me as I feel that I was forced into making most of the moves I did by a very blunt and, to my mind, overly bold strategic play on the part of Juliet and Romeo.  When our brother Lord Capulet was gone the very first round, it was a blow, but not overly concerning, particularly when we were lucky enough to find Prince Escalus so early (though this would later work against me, as you can imagine).  However, when the very next round, everyone went for Lady Capulet's head without so much as a word from Juliet in our private communications, the message was clear.  Juliet had a sizable alliance and was happy to take out her Capulet brethren immediately and boldly in order to sail off with her Romeo.  As Juliet's secret suitor, I could simply not let that happen, both for reasons of the heart and because it would simply have ended the game.  We would have been forced to wage war with each other, Juliet and I, immediately after, and either we'd both have lost, or something very much like the actual game would have transpired anyway.  In my judgment, my hand was forced in this -- I did even try to convince Juliet in private talks to avert this disaster and regroup with her fellow kinsmen, but she felt that it was preferable to lay waste to her entire family, and me with it, commenting that she had prepared my grave beside her own.

There will be those who suggest that I should have simply tried to ally myself with Juliet, hoping to whittle down the opposition.  But again, that seems to be an obviously failing move: her alliance was immense, and even with Lady Capulet still in play, I could barely muster a tie; without Lady Capulet's vote, I would have lost any subsequent round in which Juliet chose to remove me.  No, my hand was forced, and I did the only thing I could do for victory.

I do not enjoy being in that position, or in the position I have had to take these last rounds, with no one to befriend except under the guise of a lie.  With my allies and my Juliet dead, all that has been left to me is survival -- and for better or worse, I do know how to survive.

It was thin luck that got me through the last several rounds, and I know that my time draws near -- and this is a righteous end for this toil, as it is the Capulets who are to blame for the sad state of affairs that are left rotting in our fair city.

I am delighted to know that you took an active role in the way things played out -- it was a pleasure in so many ways.  My memory seems to tell me that you did not have as full an opportunity to enjoy your time in the sun in the last few outings -- and in a dream of the future, I seem to have a hazy vision in which I was more ally than foe, but again by happenstance, placed unfairly in your path.  Somehow from that dream, I know that I will always be regretful for what it depicted.

I would make one small correction: Lady Martee is categorically opposed to anything more than alliances of circumstance in games like these; though she has at times shared in my goals, we have never made any formal arrangement between us, but instead only tried to convince each other of what we believed to be right.  It is certain that had the roles been reversed, I would have been equally blinded to her culpability in the affairs as they unfolded.

Lord Leorobin and Lady MistressEvelyn were necessary diversions to my way of thinking.  One reason for the subterfuge at first was that I was not certain that Benvolio had used both of his charges -- I felt it necessary to nibble at the edges rather than going for someone critical.  Similarly, Lord Blythe.  Also, I felt that an unlikely target or two would simply make it look like a less clever Capulet was on the loose, and that suited me just fine.

However, it's also the case that there are simply those whose faces I am happy to see in our fair city, whether they be, by family name, friend or foe.  I am loathe to even consider their demise, let alone plan it when it is not absolutely necessary.

Why did I not attempt to take your life when I could?  Trust me when I say that it was not hubris that moved me -- I know all too well when I am overmatched, and do not lightly guide the pieces across the chessboard with cat-and-mouse games in mind.  No, it is merely because I could not imagine our fair city without you and I felt that for my own sanity, as well as for my own survival at moments before, having you remain was simply the only choice.  Many times I wondered whether it would be wise to take your life, my good Benvolio, but on many of those occasions, it would have simply painted me the villain earlier than any other action I could have taken.

I would also add that whether I live or die, I do not for one instant regret that decision, though other choices I have made have at times nagged at me.  And too, I would never be convinced, regardless the outcome, to consider the choice an error.

I must admit that I cannot even now be sure that I can bring my hand to remove you from the board -- it may be the wisest play, but then, perhaps death is preferable.  The one thought that I admit could move me still is to make our fair Goddess of the Game pleased that it is being played as well as possible from all sides.  I do, I feel, owe Her that.

I thank you most profusely for your note.  And I leave you with the assurance that the pleasure, sir, was mine.

Con i migliori auguri,
Paris

Martee

Well.

It seems we can dispense with the formality of the headsman this round.

I believe I shall conduct the execution of our guilty party with my own hands...

>:(

Autumn Sativus

* Saffron gets the popcorn and throws her feet up.

Go for it. >:)
Us against the world

Denivar

Ahhh this game finally has to come to an end, and I shall miss it. James Moriarty was such a worthy and cunning opponent, so surely his demise comes with some measure of regret. And thank you to Elina and Martee for leaving us in nail biting suspense until the very last moment. :)

Remiel

Indeed.  James was quite the worthy opponent, and I have to admit that part of me wanted him to win...

James Moriarty

It was wonderful fun!  I hope Saffron is planning another soon!

Elina

I too enjoyed this a lot.  Thank you, Lady Macbeth or Saffron or Shakespeare,.whoever you are.

Good job, JM, for making it so far.  I was defending you because you and Martee seemed too strong a voting block for you to be on separate teams.  I hadn't read any of the PMs I got yesterday until now,.so I'd decided to change my vote before I knew what they said, but I can see that Remiel and Denivar were pretty persuasive.  But they already had been.  I would have voted for you instead of kerri when I almost was voted out if the option hadn't been presented to me as an ultimatum.  Good game! 

Autumn Sativus

I think I'm Kathryn, if anyone. :P

Quote from: Elina on March 14, 2014, 03:11:28 PM
Good job, JM, for making it so far.  I was defending you because you and Martee seemed too strong a voting block for you to be on separate teams.
And yet he was about to kill her. >:)
Us against the world

Bruja

Quote from: Martee on March 14, 2014, 11:07:45 AM
Well.

It seems we can dispense with the formality of the headsman this round.

I believe I shall conduct the execution of our guilty party with my own hands...

>:(

I really wanted the visual on this one..... ;D

Martee

Quote from: Saffron on March 14, 2014, 04:55:40 PM

WHAT?!?   :o

Well isn't that another interesting turn of events.  Oh yes, James Moriarty was such a worthy opponent.  So very clever in his subterfuge and deception, and all the while proclaiming the innocence of his name with the fervor of a true pedant.  In the end, however, I think the true hero of this story is Elina - it was clear that by tying the vote, Remiel would have voted out JM - he had no other choice.  And that would have been a fatal error, I thought, for then the Capulet in hiding would have been free to murder another innocent in the night, and with so few remaining in the morning, would be in the clear to win the game.

I thought for sure that by sacrificing JM and showing him to be an innocent, as he held himself out to be, that would finally sway enough minds to reveal the true enemy in our midst.  In my error, I turned out to be correct.

Of course, in the end, all is as it should be.  House Montague stands weaker, but it still stands, and all the villains have been revealed.  And further - I do owe JM one small debt of gratitude for 'showing me the ropes' of how such a game is played. 

And it is with that rope I shall gleefully end the Capulet's reign of terror.

Denivar

Quote from: Saffron on March 14, 2014, 04:55:40 PM

Really? JM was going to kill Martee next?

I will say that his kill choices were very very interesting ... I didn't feel like he went for those most opposed to him, presumably because that would make others more suspicious. Instead he killed off people in the 'middle ground' and then tried to manipulate votes. I found that very very interesting and masterfully done. :)