X-Men Re-imagined - All welcome! - Could use more straight male chars, too!

Started by Orange Marmalade, May 18, 2014, 06:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuroneko

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Kuroneko on June 01, 2014, 07:21:03 PM
BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Sarah Rushman
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Marrow, Bones
Citizenship and other legal info: U.S
Place of Birth: Unknown
Occupation: Former Navy SEAL, Bounty Hunter, now a teacher at the school
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Weapons and Systems Engineering from the U.S. Naval Academy.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 6’
Weight: 160
Hair color: Naturally magenta.
Eye color: Blue
Ethnicity:Caucasian
General Appearance: Before controlling her mutation, Sarah frequently suffered from bouts of uncontrollable and random bone growths that protruded from her body.  Now that she has her mutation fully under control, the most noticeable feature marking her as different is her natural magenta hair color, which she formerly kept dyed red for the past few years.  She is rather muscular, as befits a woman that engages in regular, heavy exercise, with next to no body fat.  Her hair is cropped short, and often worn spiky. 

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation: Heterosexual
Ons/Offs: Same as player's.
Goals: To help as many obvious mutants as she can, and stop violence against mutants.
Wealth Level: 3 – 4 Typical – good, depending on what outside work she takes in addition to her salary at the school.
Personality: When she was sent to Moira McTaggart, Sarah was known for being a hothead, a troublemaker, confrontational, angry, bitter and belligerent.  She went around with an enormous chip on her shoulder, mainly due to the disfigurement caused by her mutation and her resentment towards other, more ‘normal’ looking people.  As she learned to control her mutation, allowing her appearance to become more normal, her confidence level increased and she learned to treat interaction with others as something to be enjoyed rather than as a battle to be won. Her disregard for authority was replaced by a growing respect for what Moira and Xavier were trying to do.  She changed her attitude, knuckled under and applied herself to her studies, and managed to graduate from school with honors.  She has become a reliable, dependable adult who is very good at what she does and feels a sense of duty and responsibility to her community, even though she is still occasionally a hardass. 

A bit of an adrenaline junkie, Sarah likes to engage in high-risk sports and other activities that challenge her abilities.  She is always pushing herself to her limits and beyond.  In many ways, the military was the perfect place for her, as it provided the discipline she needs to keep both her powers and her temperament in check, as well as giving her the opportunity to do crazy shit like jump out of planes and blow shit up.

Sarah also has a soft spot for any mutants –particularly children –, who are adversely affected by their mutation, as she herself was - especially when their appearance is affected. She will go out of her way to help them, or defend them as needed, even if it means bending or breaking some rules to do so.

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught: Athletics, swimming, track and field, scuba, basic Phys Ed.
Year: Professor
Club Memberships or Sponsorships:

STATS:
Fighting: 6 - Remarkable Agility: 5 - Excellent Strength: 5 - excellent Endurance: 5 - Excellent Reason: 5 – Excellent (for EOD) Intuition: 4 - Good Psyche: 3 - Typical

POWERS:
CONTROLLED BONE GROWTH - Sarah’s unique physiology allows her to grow and repair bones at an accelerated rate.  She is able to form bony plates that can act like body armor, which can be extended and absorbed back through her skin, as well bony growths that can be extruded, retracted into and/or removed from her body, to be used as hand held weapons or thrown.  She has control over the size and shape of these bones, often creating small quills, knives and/ or larger bladed weapons.  Her skill with throwing these bones makes it appear as if she can shoot them from her body.  As a child, this ability was uncontrollable, causing her both random disfigurement and pain.  She still experiences some pain with these growths and their removal, but has learned to ignore it. 

HEALING FACTOR - Sarah also has regenerative abilities related to the creation and removal of her bone growths.  Her skin, muscles and bones heal rapidly afterwards, and the same healing may also apply to her internal organs.  Broken bones are also quickly and easily repaired.  Her healing factor also gives her immunity to fatigue poisons and resistance to other poisons and diseases, though not on the same level as Wolverine or Sabertooth.

INCREASED DURABILITY /STRENGHT -  Sarah has improved durability and strength related directly to her bone manipulation powers from increased bone density, as well as a somewhat enhanced resistance to concussive and crushing force because of it; She can lift and push large amounts of weight, but she by no means has superhuman strength or resistance. 

TWO HEARTS – Sarah possesses two hearts, which doubles her body’s ability to circulate blood, accelerating her metabolism and dramatically increasing her aerobic capacity, endurance and fitness level.

ADVANTAGES:
HIGHLY DISCPLINED – After years in one of the most elite special ops forces in the military, Sarah is incredibly disciplined.
ATHLETIC – Sarah is naturally athletic and keeps herself in excellent shape.
TOUGH – Sarah is rigid, tough as nails, and direct.  Although she is far more approachable and sociable then she was when she was younger she still carries herself with a ‘don’t-fuck-with-me” air that was reinforced in the Navy, where she was forced to prove she could keep up with the boys by doing a man’s job even better than they could. 

DISADVANTAGES:
ACCELERATED METABOLISM - Because of her mutation, Sarah’s metabolism is accelerated, and she needs to maintain adequate protein intake in order to use or recover from her powers. She needs to eat.  A lot.
INCREASED CALCIUM AND MINERAL NEEDS – Due to the nature of her mutation, Sarah requires a substantial amount of calcium and other supplemental minerals in her diet in order to meet the nutritional needs of her body. She drinks milk like crazy.
INDEPENDENT – Having lived for so long on her own as a kid, and having had her team turn against her in the Navy, Sarah often feels like she has to do everything by herself, and therefore has trouble asking for help, even when she needs it.

SKILLS: (Please list some things your character is good at, or at least has been trained and is competent at. This includes things like a fighting style, computers, repair, stunt driving, history knowledge, etc. There’s no limit to how many you can list, but these will be scrutinized base on history and background.)
EXCELLENT HAND TO HAND COMBAT SKILLS: – Sarah has extensive training in hand to hand combat from the Navy and can hold her own in a fight.
EXPLOSIVE ORDINANCE DISPOSAL: – Sarah specialized in EOD as a SEAL and has a thorough knowledge of explosives, bombs and ammunition/ordinance. She is able to diffuse, disarm and design a variety of explosive devices.
SPECIAL WARFARE OPERATOR NAVAL RATING/ NAVAL SPECIAL WARFARE (SEAL) OFFICER: – Having completed Navy SEAL training, Sarah is certified in   communications, qualified in scuba diving, parachuting, combat swimming, and navigation.
FIREARMS: – Sarah is an excellent shot, with a Naval sharpshooter medal, and supremely comfortable around guns of all kinds.

HISTORY:
Sarah’s earliest memories are of the street.  She does not remember her parents, and has no desire to do so.  She has always been a mutant, born with the uncontrollable bone growths that have always prevent her from being part of normal society.  One moment she would look normal, and the next she would be covered in spikes, plates or other variations of bone growths, each outburst of her power accompanied by terrible pain.  She hid herself with the underground street population in New York City, living in tunnels and sewers by day, and coming out at night to steal food, clothing, books and anything else she needed.  There, with others like her, she found some semblance of acceptance, the beginnings of an education and learned how to survive.

Shortly after her fourteenth birthday, Sarah was found and brought to the school by Professor Xavier.  He found her remarkably smart and well read for a child in her situation, able to read and write at an eighth grade level, something she had accomplished by stealing books from local libraries, newstands and bookstores.  At that time, Xavier was not equipped to handle a mutant with her particular physical challenges, so he contacted Dr. MoiraMcTaggart, a renowned expert in genetics and longtime friend.  After much careful discussion and not a small amount of anger on her part, Sarah was persuaded to give Moira’s research center a chance.

At first, she kept mainly to herself on the island, preferring to meet with Moira privately to work on controlling her powers, often becoming quite angry and frustrated when progress was slow.  Gradually, she managed to get Sarah to interact with the others at the facility.  She was openly hostile, rude, and belligerent, making it difficult for the others to work with her.  She lost her temper frequently, and the pain she suffered as part of her mutation, as well as the disfigurement her powers often caused made her resentful of those whose powers were less obvious.  Her ability to heal her bones made her reckless.  She took risks and engaged in dangerous behavior.  In short, she was out of control, emotionally, mentally and physically.  It is a testament to Moira that she didn’t give up, and stuck with her. 

Over the years, with Moira’s help and with diligence and practice, Sarah found that control over her abilities was not only possible, but within reach.  Her skill and level of control grew with each passing month, and Moira began to suspect that her lack of control might have been due in part to the fluctuations of hormonal levels during puberty.  With control came confidence, and soon she was excelling in school via correspondence classes and tutors, and then actual classes with others sent to the facility.  There was a lot of missed education to make up for, but she worked hard and applied herself with diligence and determination.  Her social skills improved and soon she was able to interact with her peers in, if not a congenial manner, at least in a far less confrontational way.  She began to see she might have a chance at a real life, a normal life, and began to look forward to her future.

When she left Muir Island at the age of nineteen she wanted to leave her past completely behind.  She turned down the offer to join the school as a teacher, instead choosing to conceal her mutant status.  She enrolled in the U.S. Naval Academy, having decided that a career in the military was something she was interested in.  She saw the military as a chance for a normal life, something she desperately wanted.  She graduated from the Academy with honors, the rank of Ensign and a Bachelor of Science degree in Weapons and System Engineering.  Going straight into the Navy she applied for and was one of the first women covertly admitted to the S.E.A.L. program immediately (covertly as women were still not ‘officially’ allowed in special ops combat situations).   She excelled in the program, surpassing many of the male candidates and was assigned to an active team when she completed the training program.  She quickly earned the respect of her peers, and as a not particularly feminine woman who took orders and did her job well, they easily began to think of her as just another one of the guys.  She felt like she had found where she belonged, and both the difficulty and the danger of the job suited her very well.  All this time, she was able to keep her mutant status a secret.

Almost three years, a promotion to Lieutenant and several accommodations later, she was on an operation to an undisclosed location, making a night drop into the water near the coast.  The pilot of their drop helicopter was having trouble controlling the aircraft to maintain the drop position and the sea was rough.  When Sarah jumped from the plane, instead of landing in open water, she dropped straight down into the shallows over the ridge of a coral reef.  The impact broke one leg at the femur, and the other in an open compound fracture of the tibia and fibula.  In excruciating pain and the drop ship gone, she made her way to the shallows in full gear, desperate to keep her power under control.  Her comrades helped her to the beach: after all, she had done the same for them all before.  Sarah could already feel her bones beginning to knit back together, but the bones from the open fracture needed to be removed in order to make room for the new ones that were growing.  She needed time and the chance to be alone for just a few precious minutes and all would be well.  Unfortunately, despite her protests, she never got that time and in the blink of an eye, her secret was out.  She thought her teammates knew her.  She hoped they wouldn’t care.  But judging from the looks on their faces, all they could see was the newest (insert your favorite bigoted epithet here) on the block. 

Returning from the mission, Sarah was brought up before a Formal Inquiry, where it was determined that despite her exemplary record, her mutant status would “preclude her from effectively and adequately discharging her duties as a naval officer.”  She was given the option of taking a desk job, or an honorable discharge.  She chose the latter. 

Sarah returned to New York, trying to rebuild a life out of the ruins of what was to her, the perfect career.  Her Naval record is closed due to her mutant status and the special ops nature of her work as a S.E.A.L., making it next to impossible to get a job, as she can only tell prospective employers that ask about her time in the Navy and what she did there: “that’s classified.”  Positions in the FBI, CIA or other federal agencies are also impossible for her, as the government is aware of her mutant status.  So, she began working as a bounty hunter, using her military skills to track down wanted individuals, while she took night classes in law enforcement to get a private investigator license.  She has a reputation for being able to bring in people that others cannot, and while it isn’t the military, it was close enough for her to not feel such a hollow in her heart when she thought of the military and being forced to leave it.  She spent a few months grieving for her former life, bitter and disillusioned about her discharge; but quickly got off her butt and stopped wallowing in self-pity.

Recently, she has returned to the school , ostensibly to teach athletics and swimming to the student body, but her main task it to assist with the location, retrieval and training of student with obvious mutations, for whom Sarah has a clear affinity. Though she continues to work as a private eye and a bounty hunter on occasion, her primary work is with the school – and tracking down those people that perpetrate violence on mutants in her free time.

Coming soon...

Kuroneko

Orange Marmalade

I think I'm caught up with PMs about characters and the like, I have a couple more to comment on from the thread here and I'll get to that after I get some sleep. See you folks soon!

Green Goo Theory

Coming soon...

Red Stella

Hiya, everyone!

Okay, how do I do the WIP hidie thing?  I don't want to clutter the thread, but I can't figure out how to do it. 

Help?  Direction to help?  Sympathy for my coding shortcomings?

Divine Tenacity

Quote from: Red Stella on June 01, 2014, 09:29:37 PM
Hiya, everyone!

Okay, how do I do the WIP hidie thing?  I don't want to clutter the thread, but I can't figure out how to do it. 

WHATEVERHERE
blablahblah

^tis the code but make sure to use it with no spaces!

EDIT: Click 'quote' to see the code!!
Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

Keldia

Quote from: Red Stella on June 01, 2014, 09:29:37 PM
Hiya, everyone!

[Spoiler*] Then put your text here. [/spoiler*]

:-) Just take the asterisks (*) out of each of the "spoiler" brackets and voila!
Ons/Offs (Coming Soon!) | Storytelling Annex | Absences & Apologies | Post Tracker
Current Response Rate: Playing Catch Up! [~7 Days]

TamaRose

I would like to apply with an OC if that is alright. I will try and get her up tomorrow.

DemonessOfDeathValley

I'm thinking of taking on a second character. He'd be male and his mutation would be that of snake like properties. Venom creation, retractable fangs, something with his skin, like shedding it if he got too damaged. Immune to poison (or high tolerance) very flexible.

I'm interested in knowing what others think. Also, I was thinking of making him bi or gay.

~Approximate response time - 1-7 days plus ~ Muse cooperative~

Divine Tenacity

Quote from: DemonessOfDeathValley on June 01, 2014, 10:42:32 PM
I'm thinking of taking on a second character. He'd be male and his mutation would be that of snake like properties. Venom creation, retractable fangs, something with his skin, like shedding it if he got too damaged. Immune to poison (or high tolerance) very flexible.

I'm interested in knowing what others think. Also, I was thinking of making him bi or gay.

It's almost like what I have going on with Spider-Woman, but Snakeguy would be awesome also!
Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

King Serperior

Quote from: DemonessOfDeathValley on June 01, 2014, 10:42:32 PM

There's actually a villain in the Marvel universe by the name of "Cobra"  Link.  His power is to pretty much squeeze himself into the smallest of spaces.

EDIT:  Also, if you are looking for a Snake Mutant, there is a group in the marvel universe called the Serpent Society.  You can recreate one of them for your purposes   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Orange Marmalade

Red Stella

Quote from: Midori Sadi on June 01, 2014, 09:31:48 PM
WHATEVERHERE
blablahblah

^tis the code but make sure to use it with no spaces!

EDIT: Click 'quote' to see the code!!

Thanks to Midori and Keldia for explaining the spoiler hide code.  Muchly appreciated!

Red Stella

WIP
BASIC INFO:
Legal Name:Theresa Maeve Rourke Cassidy
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Siryn
Citizenship and other legal info:Irish
Place of Birth:Castlebar, County Mayo, Ireland.
Education:HS Junior.  English boarding school since age 5.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 5'5"
Weight:120 lbs.
Hair color:Red
Eye color:Blue
Ethnicity:Caucasian
General Appearance:
Fair skinned with blue eyes and long red hair.  A bit lean, but with curves in all the right places. She is physically very healthy and fit.

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation:Heterosexual (Not a virgin, but not very experienced.)
Ons/Offs:Strong, dominant men. Rough sex.  / Nothing extreme or bathroom-related.
Goals:Figure out how to not accidentally break things or people.
Wealth Level: 5 (Inheritance from family.)
Personality:Currently cautious and skittish.  Under normal circumstances, Theresa is friendly and has a wicked sense of humour - but never in a mean-spirited way.

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught:HS classes, various.
Year: Junior
Club Memberships or Sponsorships:None yet.

STATS: (Stats are based on the old Marvel 'FASERIP' system, see Spoilers below the character sheet for possible values! Don't worry if you don't have answers for these, we will help you. All characters should be believable, no Mary Sues/Gary Stus. Original Characters should have nothing higher than Remarkable or possibly a single Incredible level. Feel free to leave this blank and I will fill it in and work with you.)
Fighting: xx - Agility: xx - Strength: xx - Endurance: xx - Reason: xx - Intuition: xx - Psyche: xx

POWERS:
AUDIOKINESIS - Ability to create various sonic effects through the combined action of her vocal cords and limited psionic powers which can only be used in conjunction with the sounds she produces.
SONIC SCREAM - Siryn can cause her vocal cords to vibrate over a wide range of sonic frequencies and produce a volume of sound ranging up to at least 140 decibels.  Siryn has thus the ability to shatter solid objects with a sonic scream.
SONIC NULL FIELD - She can project a field of silence in an area, making no sound reach outside the area or no sound outside the area in.
SONIC AMPLIFICATION - She can amplify sound carrier waves allowing her to hear conversations or noises from far off.
SONIC SHIELD - She can tighten sound waves around herself or others near her, making a barrier against outside attack.
SIREN'S SONG - She has the ability to influence human beings with a certain pitch of her voice, causing them to fall in love with her without regard to gender or sexual orientation.
SOUND IMMUNITY - Siryn's hearing and equilibrium are unaffected by the effects of her scream and similar abilities.
SUPERHUMAN VOCAL STAMINA - Her vocal cords are tremendously strong, so that she can produce sonic effects through screaming constantly for hours at a time without noticeably tiring or injuring her vocal apparatus.  Siryn's vocal cords and the interiors of her throat and mouth are also superhumanly tough, so that the intense pressures and constrictions that she produces do not cause her any injury.                                                                                               

ADVANTAGES:
ATHLETIC - A natural when it comes to sports or other physical activities, with excellent balance and flexibility.
ABSOLUTE PITCH - AKA perfect pitch.  She has the ability to identify or re-create a given musical note or tone without the benefit of a reference tone.

DISADVANTAGES:
ATTACHMENT ISSUES - Theresa hasn't had a close relationship with adults outside of school and household staff. She can be overly eager to please when around adults she likes.
ALCOHOL INTOLERANCE - What most people would call an allergy.  Consuming alcohol makes her physically ill. 
PTSD - She is terrified that her powers will cause her to harm or kill someone.  She almost killed her then boyfriend and several others when her powers first manifested and were completely out of control. She sometimes has nightmares and wakes up shaking and crying.

SKILLS:
MUSIC: - Trained on the piano since childhood, and was previously on the school choir.
COMPUTERS: - Highly qualified computer user with some security and hacking abilities.
HORSES: - She is an experienced rider, and very competent with horses.

HISTORY:
Theresa was born in western Ireland.  She was raised in a cousin's household after her parents were killed in an automobile accident when she was barely 3 years old.  At age 5 she was sent off to a boarding school, and had less than regular contact with her surrogate family, who were past the age of wanting to deal with a young child and had business and social obligations that took up most of their time. 

Two weeks after her sixteenth birthday her powers switched on while she was out on a day trip in the country with other students and friends.  Theresa was incapable of controlling what was happening and she seriously injured several of the other teens, rendered all of them unconscious, and caused quite a bit of damage to the area.  She was found shock and terrified, sitting beside her boyfriend.  No one remembered what had happened, and Theresa was deemed too traumatized to remember.  She lasted three more months at the school, withdrawing from all her music classes and activities to the point that her guardian removed her.  A few months (and a LOT of broken glass and crockery) later she was on a plane headed for a school run by some man named Xavier.  Theresa was never told how this was arranged or who made contact with whom. 

Green Goo Theory

Coming soon...

Red Stella

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on June 02, 2014, 01:48:00 AM
That's kind of a cool take on Banshee.

Thank you!

Her canon history is obviously not workable for the game.  I'm glad someone likes it.  :)

Batman4560

After a great deal of thought I am expressing some interest in this.

Strangefate

Posted mainly to cement the dibs.  To be finished when I find the free time. 

WIP: Psyche/Moonstar
BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Daniel Moonstar
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Psyche
Citizenship and other legal info: U.S. Citizen
Place of Birth: Northern Cheyenne Indian Reservation (Lame Deer, Montana)
Education: High School graduate

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 6’
Weight: 172 lbs.
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Brown
Ethnicity: Native American
General Appearance: WIP

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation: Pansexual
Ons/Offs: Negotiable
Goals:  WIP
Wealth Level: Poor
Personality:  WIP

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught:  N/A
Year: College Freshman
Club Memberships or Sponsorships: N/A

STATS: Fighting: Good xx - Agility: Good xx - Strength: Good xx - Endurance: Good xx - Reason: Typical xx - Intuition: Typical xx - Psyche: Good xx

POWERS:

Nightmare Inducement
WIP

Animal Rapport
WIP

ADVANTAGES:
Open-Minded - WIP
Stalwart - WIP

DISADVANTAGES:
Brooding - WIP
Unforgiving - WIP

SKILLS:
Animal Husbandry: - WIP
Amateur Musician: - WIP

HISTORY:
WIP
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Matttheman89 on May 29, 2014, 08:13:18 PM
If no one's already claimed him, I'd like to try for Havok?

Doesn't look like I ever replied to this... feel free! you'll need to work with our Cyclops player to figure out a relationship (if any) that suits you both.

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Empyrean on May 31, 2014, 12:48:00 PM
I'm curious. Would a female teenage Magneto work for this game?

Magneto is already an NPC, and we have a Polaris as well. Any other ideas? :)

Orange Marmalade

Alright I think I'm caught up on all approvals. If I've missed you or not responded to you, please let me know!

DemonessOfDeathValley

I didn't realize that there were already similar characters to the snake idea already in Marvel. I'll be sticking to Misery only.

~Approximate response time - 1-7 days plus ~ Muse cooperative~

Kuroneko