Titties and Dragons: Basic Fantasy RPG Campaign [One Opening for Warrior Type]

Started by RubySlippers, March 26, 2014, 08:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

The old school is back funny names, clichés and simple rules using the FREE Basic Fantasy RPG Rules ...

http://basicfantasy.org/

There will be house rules mainly for fun, and there will be four off the top of my head:

1. Female characters add their Charisma bonuses to AC but only if they wear Light Armor (chain mail bikini's and the like).

2. Start at Level 2, maximum hit points.

3. You can assign a 16 to Constitution before rolling that will be 4d6 re-rolling 1's six times keep the top six (five if you took the Con 16).

4. If you roll in order and don't do the Constitution 16 you get one magic item, it will be useful and a heirloom of the GM's choice.

It is a lower magic campaign planned, and supplements from the site will be used and listed later.

For the flavor think Deathstalker, Red Sonya Movie and Sword and the Sorcerer.

Prosak

So no races other then human? I ask since Sword and Sorcery tales such as Conan, Red Sonya etc. Only have seperate country's and tones of skin.

RubySlippers

I didn't say that its human centric but there are other races, generally in this order of commonality.

Humans then Halflings/Gnomes (uncommon but live among or near humans) then Elves the Dwarves (most stay in Ironhome their great mountain city-state). Half-races tend to be rarer than the parent race.

Adventuring bands can be odd though but I want at least one human per non or half human with a human PC approved first before taking the odd balls.

Siereis

Can you speak at all on what the basic plot would be and what sort of content a player can expect to RP through?

Prosak

Well, good to know. I was fine either way. But~ Having the dwarf or hobbit option is nice. ;) they dont get enough love in role playing!

Good question Siereis. I mean, there is personal stories. Which within it's self is a big part to such a tale. Buut~ An over all common goal. Is extremely important.

Batman4560

Indeed I would like to know what the plot is.

RubySlippers

Old school campaign as in your going to get into adventures, usually involving defeating bad people and getting stuff along the way. Harken back to the age of yore when modules were on the shelves and the idea a whole campaign would lead to some end game didn't exist.

But no huge dungeon crawls.

Now if your characters has a goal that is fine I can fit that in to a part of the game.

Batman4560

Well I am interested to say the least. I would like to play a savage barbarian type.

Prosak

RubySlippers

Okay rules used other than the core rulebook all are available FREE.

http://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html

Quasi-Classes - some supplement existing classes and some are full classes
Scouts
Great Way Adepts - monks

Gnomes
Half-Humans

0 Level Spells
Armor and Shields
Combat Options
Thief Options
Magic User Options (looking over options to set the tone, likely will include light armor and some other benefits)

Also high scores will give bonus spells to magical users. If you get a bonus you get one bonus spell when you gain spell levels this way:
+1 equals a bonus 1st level spell
+2 equals a bonus 2nd level spell
+3 equals a bonus 3rd level spell
they are cumulative a +3 is a bonus spells in the first three spell levels.

yesiroleplay

I was just going to ask if you were doing only the basic four classes from the core rules.

With the 16 Str I was thinking of a basic chainmail bikini warrior, but I'll look into scout now that you approved it

RubySlippers

And the four core classes naturally plus the added ones and options.

Oh a barbarian savage would have the Quasi-Class Barbaric and Fighter if a Barbarian Warrior.

Batman4560

I have a quick question. Are we using the first or second edition?

RubySlippers

2nd Edition but there were no major changes but I like the cover art on my hardbound rulebook.

Oh as for starting funds you get 300 gold pieces.

Batman4560

When the characters are finished should we send them to you?

RubySlippers

Just post them here and yes nude and scantily clad pics are fine.

Oh by the way men get the same armor bonuses for lack of armor is based on Strength to be fair and wear light sexy cut male armor think gladiator pieces and the like.

Remember one human before a non-human since there are two of you that should be fine.

Batman4560

Oh I just noticed there is a third edition as well. Either way I will look things over on what I have already downloaded and if something needs to be changed feel free to say so.

RubySlippers

I'll check it out myself might have to get a new rulebook later on.

Batman4560

Well the dice bot decided I need a good dick in the ass.....wait...are we keeping the fourth dice roll or dropping it?

RubySlippers

Roll 4d6 re-rolling 1's until you get a 2 or higher.

You can assign a 16 to Constitution and roll five times assigning those as you wish, and optionally roll in order and get a nice magical item suited to your character chosen by me.

You should get no ability under 8.

Batman4560

I see, that makes more sense now. I rolled in order but only rolled 3 d6, should I go back and add a 1d6 to each roll?

RubySlippers

You can or just re-roll, the Constitution would be a good idea for low hit dice classes or combo class like Magic-User/Thief. So picking a class set-up should come first and your race.

Batman4560

I actually rolled well on the con. Ill just add the 1d6. My scores are currently boarder line good.

RubySlippers

Its not like you need high stats a core class just needs a 9 in the main ability, but higher is better.