Pathfinder: Adventurers Welcome (Recruiting)

Started by kckolbe, September 30, 2013, 10:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Countdown0

Alright, here is the CS :D http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12879

I left languages blank. Also, I have a Raven Familiar who can also speak one language. I'd like it to obviously be one that I speak, but preferably a less common language ;)
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

kckolbe

You'll be able to choose which language your raven speaks.  Also, I believe you have one skill point remaining.  (2 for class, 4 for int, 1 from house rule)
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

kckolbe

Faolchu, I would say go ahead and keep looking, or at least try creating your own version of the race so it doesn't have a modifier.  It shouldn't take much work. 

Ebb, your character looks fine.  Half-orcs aren't a beloved race, but a humble one that worships Iomedae and hides his face so as not to offend more "delicate" types would be accepted enough.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Muse

Hi KC.  I'd still love to play. 

What's the gender spread? I could do a somewhat promiscious guy, or I could bring in SUsan Skythorn. :)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

kckolbe

Wouldn't worry about gender.  Seem to be getting pretty decent interest on both sides.

Intro Thread

Faolchu

Quote from: kckolbe on October 01, 2013, 02:10:25 AM
Faolchu, I would say go ahead and keep looking, or at least try creating your own version of the race so it doesn't have a modifier.  It shouldn't take much work. 

It's cool, I can move on to another idea :) I'm trying to make as little work for both the GM's and myself as possible :)

So, let's just turn it into a Level 1 Human Cleric. I haven't played  cleric under the Pathfinder rules yet, so that will be a new enough experience for me :)
Sir, remember your course correction?
No.
We'll it's proving somewhat more suicidal than we initially hoped for.

Countdown0

Quote from: kckolbe on October 01, 2013, 02:02:28 AM
You'll be able to choose which language your raven speaks.  Also, I believe you have one skill point remaining.  (2 for class, 4 for int, 1 from house rule)

Is that one for house rule the one that only applies to perform/profession/craft? If so, what kind of profession/craft would you recommend for a wizard?

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

kckolbe

Well, you already have a craft: calligraphy skill, so really you could put the point anywhere.  Profession: Scribe would be a good compliment, though, and the two skills would synergize with each other.

Intro Thread

kckolbe

Also, Faolchu, you could take the animal domain as a cleric and get some nice class features from that.

Intro Thread

Countdown0

Yeah, Scribe seems like a reasonable idea. I'll go for that :D

*edit* There we go :P

I can chronicle my own adventures in glorious calligraphy. Or, you know, do other stuff.

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Blinkin

Drawbacks are part of the trait system. Basically, you can take 1 (and only 1) drawback to get an extra trait. The drawback puts some kind of limitation on the character, like flaws, disadvantages or similar things. The one that I'm looking at is "Overprotective". It's located here.

Tari's reason for joining the guild is pretty simple. It's a way to make some money, get experience in the field and adventure. She can't make a name for herself if she can't get out there and DO something. In time, she expects that her experiences with the guild will get her a spot on a serious adventuring party doing freelance work in far flung parts of the world.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Ebb

Quote from: kckolbe on October 01, 2013, 02:10:25 AM
Ebb, your character looks fine.  Half-orcs aren't a beloved race, but a humble one that worships Iomedae and hides his face so as not to offend more "delicate" types would be accepted enough.

Sounds good. Here's a character sheet:
http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12867

Arms and armor are more of a wish-list. We'll see what the Guild can provide, and I'll adjust.

Teo Torriatte

Celeste Veritas

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Celeste is a descendant of Aurora Veritas, a cleric of Sarenrae who was deified centuries ago, along with her brother Titus who was a renowned paladin. Before joining the Guild, Celeste lived and worked at a shrine dedicated to the siblings, and has started to show the ability to commune with ancestors of her lineage. She has more than a passing resemblance to the deified cleric, as well.

The shrine has fallen on hard times, with reverence for the Veritas lineage dwindling, and with it the donations which have been the major method of support for Celeste and her family. So it was with more than a little trepidation that she left the relatively peaceful life of a shrine maiden to join the Varisian Colonist's Guild, where she would at the very least be supporting herself and thus no longer a burden on her family, and perhaps even generate a newly found interest in her ancestors if she does well enough.

kckolbe

Ebb, looks good.  Question about plothook sheets, though.  Under spell resist, there are four boxes for weapons and armor.  What do they signify?

Intro Thread

bigwad73

Quote from: kckolbe on September 30, 2013, 11:11:56 PM
(snip)
Bigwad, our chars seem very similar.  Mine is an alchemist with a business sense as well. 

Does that mean no?  Another idea I had was for a Ranger that operates singly, and maps (surface) areas that teams are going to enter.

*Unrolls map*  "See, you've got a game trail here, paralleling the river.  That takes you to a campsite about a day's travel from the cave complex.  Good water and food available most of the way.  I did see some bear tracks up in this area--several beehives there, so be careful around them.  I also saw some orc footprints in the mud where the river passes close to the cave--I wouldn't be surprised if they have a lair in the upper level of the cave complex."
Bad puns!  Horrible jokes!  Odd SF and Fantasy references!  Mastery of useless information!  Expert in old TV shows and movies!  And yes, I'm "mature"!    Ons and Offs   And more    Interests   NEW As and As as of 5/12/16. Look here!!!!

kckolbe

It wasn't a "no" at all, just pointing out the similarities.  Class-wise our chars are very different.  Mine is a level 4 alchemist, level 2 fighter, level 2 student of war. 

Intro Thread

bigwad73

Quote from: kckolbe on October 01, 2013, 08:58:38 AM
It wasn't a "no" at all, just pointing out the similarities.  Class-wise our chars are very different.  Mine is a level 4 alchemist, level 2 fighter, level 2 student of war.

Ah, right.  I'll come up with a Level 4 Wizard, then. 

I'd also be happy to write up that Ranger as an NPC for you, if you want?  I think he'd be a useful character...
Bad puns!  Horrible jokes!  Odd SF and Fantasy references!  Mastery of useless information!  Expert in old TV shows and movies!  And yes, I'm "mature"!    Ons and Offs   And more    Interests   NEW As and As as of 5/12/16. Look here!!!!

amol

One of the guildmasters just wanted to say hi... HI!!!

I've been a little ill so I haven't gotten around to read all of this lovely thread. Will get at it as soon as I can.
To all the people I RP with: I'm getting quite ill at the moment. So if I do not reply to games in the coming days it's not because I've abandoned you. It'll be because I can't.

Ebb

Quote from: kckolbe on October 01, 2013, 08:49:33 AM
Ebb, looks good.  Question about plothook sheets, though.  Under spell resist, there are four boxes for weapons and armor.  What do they signify?

I haven't used those before, but playing around with them now it just looks like a way to hide/show some of the line items in the section below. It looks like the sheet gives space for four weapons and four armor items by default, but you can uncheck some of those boxes to make the sheet a little shorter if you're not using so many.

There's another one further down to hide spells. I just turned that off and saved the sheet, eliminating a tiny fraction of the clutter in the world.

kckolbe

Quote from: bigwad73 on October 01, 2013, 09:03:47 AM
Ah, right.  I'll come up with a Level 4 Wizard, then. 

I'd also be happy to write up that Ranger as an NPC for you, if you want?  I think he'd be a useful character...

Gonna hold off on allowing second characters for now, though he currently would be useful.

Intro Thread

Blinkin

Tari Gravante

Name: Tari Gravante         Player: Blinkin
Race: Human            Sex: Female
Class: Rogue (Swashbuckler)      Favored Class: Rogue
Level: 1            EXP: 000
Alignment: CG         Next Level: 3,000

Description, Personality, Background

Physical Description: Standing at 5’7, Tari is a leggy woman with an athletic figure that none the less shows off soft, womanly curves. Her mass of thick, dark curly hair frames a heart shaped face that is dominated by large, intelligent dark gray eyes, a full, slightly pouty lower lip and a chin that stops just a shade short of being too stubborn. Her lightly tanned complexion and softly upturned eyes gives her an exotic beauty that seems to match her unconscious grace when she moves. Normally dressed in a cream colored tunic under a dark blue jacket that does nothing to hide the rounded mounds of her C cupped breast,, her leather pants are tucked into high, dark brown turned over boots; a weapons belt hangs low on her rounded hips with a rapier on her right hip and a matching dagger on the left.

Personality: Tari is a fascinating blend of outrageous flirt and bold, even reckless seriousness. If you’re a friend, you’re a friend for life and none other will be as loyal as she will. If you are an enemy… well… no one will be as loyal to the cause of getting even either. If you’re fun, you’ll get a time that you’ll never forget. In spite of her conflicting personality traits, she holds a set of morals and principles that can be absolutely depended on to hold true… exactly what those are may sometimes be in question, but never that she’ll follow them. She has a mischievous streak a league wide and a love of anything the least bit exciting and new… this can range from a new place to a new man (or woman) for a night of wenching and drinking… Hey, women can wench; they just call it something different! When the times call for seriousness, however, her mind is focused on whatever needs to be done and although she may trade witty comments and barbs with the opponent, she never forgets that it’s life and death… and she intends for her and hers to walk away with the life category. Often sweet and funny, she’ll happily sit down with the same “bad guy” for a civil conversation at a tavern simply because it’s the civilized thing to do and good conversation is good conversation… as long as the rules of courtesy are obeyed. Then, the next morning, do her best to best said bad-guy with her blades… unless the point of the fight isn’t to kill each other, but she’ll fight just as hard all the same… If you want to beat her, you’re going to have to work for it!

Background: Tari is the youngest daughter of Baron Phenael Gravante, and admittedly, the apple of his eye. Even though she continues to disobey him and avoid suitor after suitor with some skill, she knows that She would not inherit from the family and must make her own way in the world if she wants to be free.

Tari, following the example of her 4 older brothers, gravitated to the ways of the warrior and her fascination with the blade has led her to no small amount of trouble and, because she is a woman, an unorthodox method of training. When her father’s Man-at-arms refused to teach her, she went out on her own and discovered an old rogue who, for a price that sshouldn’t be spoken of in polite company, taught her the ways of light blades and speed, of movement and stealth when many of her opponents will be larger and stronger than she is… to face anger with a sort of glee that is shown in the way that the tongue can taunt and tempt the enemy to act without thought… where her own body might be a lure to act without wisdom… to be bold and wait for the subtle moments. Along with the sword play, she learned much about the underside of the world and while she would never be a thief, she is aware of that profession and may have some small talent in going places that she shouldn’t.

Ability Scores:
STR: 13 (+1)   Carry: Light: 50   Moderate: 51-100      Heavy: 101-150
DEX: 18 (+4)
CON: 12 (+1)
INT: 13 (+1)
WIS: 12 (+1)
CHA: 14 (+2)

Saving Throws:         Combat:
Fort: +1         HP: 13/13
Reflex: +6         Init: +4
Will: +1         Speed: 30’

Offense:            Defense:
Base Attack:+0            AC: 14
TAB: +5            AC (Flatfooted): 14
Ranged: +5               AC (Touch): 10
CMB:+2            CMD: +13
DEF(Special):

Class Skills:
7   Acrobatics (DEX (3+4)
9      Bluff (CHR) (3+2+3+1)
4      Climb (Str) (3+1)
5   Craft; Jeweler (INT) (3+1+1)
10      Disable Device (Dex) (3+4+2+1
8      Diplomacy (CHA) (3+2+2+1)
5      Perception(WIS) (3+1+1)
6      Perform; Dance (CHA) (3+2+1)
5      Profession; Dancer (WIS) (3+1+1
6      Sense Motive (CHA) (3+2+1)
8      Stealth (Dex) (3+4+1)
4      Swim (Str) (3+1)
6      Use Magical Device (CHA) 3+2+1)

Languages:

Feats:
(CF=Class Feature, RT=Rogue Talent)

Toughness
Fast Learner (Gain +1 HP & Skill Point When taking a level in favored class)
CF-   Sneak attack (1d6)
RT -   Weapon Finesse (Combat Trick)
CF-   Martial Weapon; Longsword

Racial/class traits
Drawback, Over Protective (Must remain within 10’ of a fallen ally during combat)
Charm: +2 to Diplomacy & Bluff against someone who may be sexually attracted to you.
Witty Reparte: +1 to bluff.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

kckolbe

Text is fine, Blinkin.  For skills, though, I would appreciate if you broke them down by ability mod, then ranks, then other modifiers.  You would not have the rogue talent at level one.  Also, a crossbow is a simple weapon, so you would not need to waste your martial proficiency on that.

Intro Thread

atenai

I'll call dibs on a level 4 druid for the guild staff. Will have to figure out if I want to bring in an old character or make a new one.

Amirelle Valerian, Token Guild Druid
Name: Amirelle Valerian (sheet)
Race/Class: Half-Elf Druid 4
concept: archer, healer, animal-friend

Appearance: Amirelle does try to keep a tidy appearance when in towns, which of course includes her time at the Guild. Her success varies, however. She often ends up with leaves in her hair that she failed to remove, or her long braid is in disarray and she doesn't realize. It gives her a certain air of cluelessness or just plain oddity. As most half-elves are, she's pretty enough by the average standard, no great beauty but not hard on the eyes. She's on the tall side of average, muscular in the flexible way of dancers and others who exercise in constant motion. Her form-fitted leather armor leaves very little to the imagination, and often she's too lazy to wear anything underneath the leather pants studded with darkwood (not metal) leaf shapes or the similarly studded bra. For the more fussy events at the Guild she does own an embroidered brown surcoat, like a knee-length green vest that she usually wears open over her normal attire.

Personality: Amirelle is easy going to the point where many think she doesn't get angry. She has something of a 'zen' attitude toward much of life, and takes everything in stride whether it's going amazingly well or crashing and burning. She isn't as bubbly as some half-elves, not the type to instantly take to everyone and everything with eagerness, but taking it in stride is enough for her. Animals and plants get greeted just as nicely as people, and often it doesn't appear as if she cares whether her company can speak or not. The only times she has gotten angry where someone in the Guild could see her involved someone brutalizing an animal. There is a certain brutish local knight who demanded a restraining order and repayment... after taking almost half an hour cutting his way free of the entangling vines she'd wrapped him in. His horse followed Ami and refused to go home after she'd healed him, and has continued to follow her around ever since.

Background: Ami is wild at heart, but has always been torn between nature and society. Unlike half-elves who are torn between a human parent and an elven parent, she's an orphan, stuck between her animal friends and her humanoid ones. She does her best to find peace by working with the animals used in civilized areas, everything from training pets to hunting dogs to horses. It was just such an action that led her into the Guild's path, when they needed to replace injured horses. It galled her that someone would harm a horse to limit the rider, and for a bit she gave them trouble rather than aid for leading their horses into such straits. But it finally occurred to her that her anger was directed at the wrong people, and she felt quite good about bringing down that particular archer. If he didn't last long enough to get information from him, it certainly couldn't have been her fault, no. :)
~Atenai

IRL Status: Offline. On hiatus.

Atenai's Addictions (O/Os & Ideas), Requests, and Apologies [NEW! 17 Jun '23]
Elluiki User Page (Bio, Stories Old and New)   "Fucking insatiable, teasing brat."

kckolbe

Updated the first post with current applications.

Intro Thread