Has anyone played any good video games lately?

Started by Music is life, July 20, 2013, 06:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Rejoice on June 05, 2014, 08:18:27 AM
Another recommendation: I just finished Fire Emblem: Awakening today between practices. Went right into Hard. Game is fantastic.

Yea, normal was easy. Hard was still kind of easy for me. Lunatic Mode. Well, that is the real hard mode. I been doing a Lunatic mode + hardcore where people die they stay dead. Haven't played it in awhile so forgot where I was at on that difficulty, but I did beat hard and normal mode. Pretty sure I was around the area you can recruit the thief dude.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Slave2Fantasy

I still play alot of Fallout New Vegas. The game is obviously a mess, but I still love it to death.
I am not currently looking for co-writers.

Oniya

I'm going to be rediscovering a lot of my old PS2 games in the near future.  Turned out that our console just needed the lens cleaned.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

King Serperior

Restarted my Pokémon X version in yet another Nuzlocke.  Had some sad losses, but I have collected many good new teammates and friends   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Sel Nar

Quote from: Oniya on June 05, 2014, 11:03:22 PM
I'm going to be rediscovering a lot of my old PS2 games in the near future.  Turned out that our console just needed the lens cleaned.

If you want a reccomendation of a rather niche game, check out Warship Gunner 2. It's basically the story of a bunch of Vikings that settled the east coast of Russia, found some ancient superweapons, and decided to take over the World. You play as the captain of a loyalist fleet warship and have to basically gallivant all over the world blowing up superweapons to prevent the militaristic faction that took over your homeland from succeeding in its efforts.

Feel free to ignore the story, and instead enjoy the rather robust blueprint construction system that lets you custom-build and research your ships as you play through the game, followed by depopulating entire swathes of the world's oceans with a flurry of cannons, machineguns, phalanx radar-guided guns, missiles, depth charges, torpedoes, lasers, railguns, flamethrowers, rotary cannons, aircraft, really wierd aircraft, and, eventually superweapon parts of your own.

Aleph

I'm really trying to like Watch Dogs at the moment, I'm enjoying it but I'm not getting the same feeling of being drawn into the world as I did with fallout and GTA.  Enjoying Deus Ex HR a lot more, even though it's somewhat more linear in scope.

Ironwolf85

Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

GermanCake

Quote from: Aleph on June 06, 2014, 02:50:23 AM
I'm really trying to like Watch Dogs at the moment, I'm enjoying it but I'm not getting the same feeling of being drawn into the world as I did with fallout and GTA.  Enjoying Deus Ex HR a lot more, even though it's somewhat more linear in scope.

Does Watch Dogs have a skill tree? I was thinking of trying it if it was similar to Deus Ex in terms of gaining experience and spending it on skill upgrades.

Inkidu

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on June 06, 2014, 10:08:52 AM
replaying Xcom baby. it's fun.
Which? I've been thinking of start up Enemy Within again. Normally I play it tons, but I went off on this WH40K kick.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

BlackNight897

Dusted of my copy of ‘Band of Brothers’.  I love that ‘I forgot this was so good’ moment when, subconsciously you expect a game to show its age in game play and graphics. Instead, it actually runs with, and in some cases exceeds some newer games. 

To be honest, what blows me away now is the same thing which blew me away the first time I played it – the shear level of historical detail, and it’s the first time I remember the squad members having ‘faces’, a persona and story to their lives.

It is almost haunting that the streets, walls and hedges were digitally mapped from the actual battle fields of Normandy. I think it’s actually quite a lesson on so many levels. I expected the BAR or the Thompson would have been my weapon of choice (ala COD)…in this game, my weapon of choice - the M1 Garand. 

Its silly, but the fact that today is the 6th of June; I could not play it.  On one hand playing a ‘game’ based on those events felt a bit like I was trivialising the world changing events of that day.  On the other hand, Band of Brothers added another level to my respect for all people involved.   Talk about contradictions…..

Drake Valentine

Quote from: GermanCake on June 06, 2014, 11:07:07 AM
Does Watch Dogs have a skill tree? I was thinking of trying it if it was similar to Deus Ex in terms of gaining experience and spending it on skill upgrades.

Kind of? Not sure how Deus Ex skill tree was as I never played it, so I cannot relate the two there. Though Watch Dogs does have a level system, but I don't think you get any stronger, you just gain skill points to invest in skills. It is in a circle grid, there is combat branch, driving branch, hacking branch, and crafting(I think) branch.

It also has a 'progress' system where if you do so much or get so far in certain side games/events/even main quest you unlock things, such as weapons, improved stats, or vehicles.

I actually enjoy it more for the competitive gaming. I usually do the 1vs1 backing where if you are invader you have to stalk your prey, hack their phone and find somewhere to hide or blend in while you collect their data. You can't hurt them or you fail. Of course, they can kill you just fine and these roles flipflop if you are invaded. Those cat and mouse games sidetracked me from other various side missions or main quest.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Neysha

Played through all three Mass Effect games over the past couple weeks. Overall it was pretty good despite the ultimate ending. :)
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Zeth

I'm playing Batman: Arkham City. I wanted to play that before I pick up Origins so I know what is what. I just love how they did the characters, especially Penguin and Riddler. I just got to the showdown with Mr. Freeze, no spoilers please.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Zeth on June 16, 2014, 10:50:49 AM
I'm playing Batman: Arkham City. I wanted to play that before I pick up Origins so I know what is what. I just love how they did the characters, especially Penguin and Riddler. I just got to the showdown with Mr. Freeze, no spoilers please.
The Mr. Freeze fights is one of the smartest boss fights I have ever encountered in gaming.  Good luck, and have fun.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

ThePrince

Quote from: Neysha on June 16, 2014, 07:32:04 AM
Played through all three Mass Effect games over the past couple weeks. Overall it was pretty good despite the ultimate ending. :)

I keep getting bogged down on 2 because I want to keep everyone alive. But you have a far greeter constitution than me to play through ME1 again.

I have been playing EVE Online, can't say it's a good, but it's a game. Now betting EVE currency on World Cup matches, that's a fun game.
RP Request Thread
O/O's
I am what I am. I am my own special creation.
So come take a look, Give me the hook or the ovation.
It's my world that I want to have a little pride in.
It's my world and it's not a place I have to hide in.
Life ain't worth a dam till you can say I am what I am.

Inkidu

I'd kill for a new Sci-Fi turnbased strategy or Roguelike or something.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Twisted Crow

Quote from: Neysha on June 16, 2014, 07:32:04 AM

Would you like blue, red... or green explosions? :P

Sorry, I couldn't help it. :D

Playing EQ on Fironia Vie (the RP server) & Neverwinter Nights: Diamond.

Star Wars: The Old Republic, though... ugh... I wish you were better.

Revelation

Quote from: Inkidu on June 17, 2014, 08:21:02 PM
I'd kill for a new Sci-Fi turnbased strategy or Roguelike or something.

You have seen Civilization: beyond earth, right? It's a 4x game though, same with the upcoming Galactic Civilizations sequel. I'd kill for another turn based strategy like Xcom: EU/EW but I doubt we'll be seeing it for a while.

So far it seems like there aren't really any games coming out I want until October and smash bros on 3DS. There is fantasy life and Bayonetta 2 coming out in america this years as well, but it seems like most games I want were announced to be coming out in 2015. Guess this means I can work on my gaming backlog.

Twisted Crow

Inkidu

Quote from: Changingsaint on June 18, 2014, 01:18:53 AM
You have seen Civilization: beyond earth, right? It's a 4x game though, same with the upcoming Galactic Civilizations sequel. I'd kill for another turn based strategy like Xcom: EU/EW but I doubt we'll be seeing it for a while.

So far it seems like there aren't really any games coming out I want until October and smash bros on 3DS. There is fantasy life and Bayonetta 2 coming out in america this years as well, but it seems like most games I want were announced to be coming out in 2015. Guess this means I can work on my gaming backlog.
I don't like Galactic Civilizations, yeah I know, I know. I find it way too silly.

I don't like my sci-fi strategy games silly. Other than that, yeah everything's coming out... not this year.

Zeth

I beat Mr. Freeze and shall now go on to Falcon punch the Joker. I love how they did all the characters though. Even the Mad Hatter seemed menacing in this game.

CaptainNexus616

On my second playthrough of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. It is a very underappreciated game in my book and deserves to more attention.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Twisted Crow

I loved everything about it... except I felt that the boss fights were a bit... well, I think they could have done a better job in that one area. But other than that little nitpick, I thought very highly of it. It was a heck of a ride.

scribus1000

Quote from: twisted crow on June 19, 2014, 12:32:36 AM
I loved everything about it... except I felt that the boss fights were a bit... well, I think they could have done a better job in that one area. But other than that little nitpick, I thought very highly of it. It was a heck of a ride.

Highly agreed with that assessment. I'm still playing through it, but what I've gone through so far has been excellent.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Chris Brady

Quote from: scribus1000 on June 19, 2014, 02:11:38 AM
Highly agreed with that assessment. I'm still playing through it, but what I've gone through so far has been excellent.
Finish the game first.

Personally, out of 10 I give it a 7.5 (with 5 being an average, playable and somewhat fun experience.)
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming