Interest Check - Slave Houses ... sort of? [MUL]

Started by desert ashes, November 04, 2009, 10:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desert ashes

So, I've had this setting floating about my head and am throwing it out, seeing if anyone else wants to join on this mayhem of sorts. 

Time: Medieval
Houses ruled by Masters and Mistresses dominate society, the economy, and culture.  The lowest of men could build himself higher than the purest Noble's blood if he managed to amass the best House of them all.  Houses are supported monetarily and otherwise by patrons and contributors eager for the entertainment, the company, its displays and its wares.  Each house consists of a Head Master and/or Mistress and then "pledged" ones that may or may not form as a council depending on the house; others may elect not to join a House but are typically associated at length.  Some slaves are captured, others purchased, and a few select ones bred.  A slave is measured by their loyalty, bloodline, talents, and appearance; some are even the reason for their House's fame. 

For generations the Houses of Vaughn and Kinsey have born an ill will toward each other, their hatred fueled by a rivalry too old for either side to truly recall the details.  For years the trespasses have been minor and petty until one morning the Vaughn's most valuable slave is stolen away and proudly displayed hours later by the Kinseys.  Now the war between the Houses has begun and only one can emerge from the battlefield.  Social and political intrigue, kidnappings, fights, espionage, and more await.

Seeking:  Masters, Mistress, slaves and patrons of the House of Vaughn -- humans only ;) -- as the rivalry between the Houses heats up.  Double agents?  Co Head of the House?   Let's talk. ;)   

Aye, it's a bit of a work in progress -- and Xanathos is a sexy, helpful devil. ;) 

Edit: Clarifications made.
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Xanatos

To clarify, the players would be the slaves or could they be owners, patrons?

desert ashes

They could be Masters, Mistresses, slaves or patrons.

Clarification also added in the first post.
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Xanatos

Do you have an idea for a plot or are you looking for input on that front?

desert ashes

Quote from: Xanatos on November 04, 2009, 10:47:15 PM
Do you have an idea for a plot or are you looking for input on that front?

I do have a couple of ideas, but input is always welcomed and I'd be happy to hear others.

- Political/social intrigue within the House, a struggle for power after the old Head Master unexpectedly dies. 

- Alternately, the plot could focus on a rivalry/war between two Houses that's grown to the boiling point after one of the House's more valuable slaves was taken.
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Xanatos

Hmm, the rivalry idea could prove interesting. Kidnapping, rape. Violence, fighting. Espionage, sabotage, etc. If this idea was chosen, would be be in a single house? I believe, from past experience, this would work best, as player versus player tends to end very very badly. So the other house could be NPC's. Sound interesting?

desert ashes

Quote from: Xanatos on November 04, 2009, 11:14:36 PM
Hmm, the rivalry idea could prove interesting. Kidnapping, rape. Violence, fighting. Espionage, sabotage, etc. If this idea was chosen, would be be in a single house? I believe, from past experience, this would work best, as player versus player tends to end very very badly. So the other house could be NPC's. Sound interesting?

Very much and well thought, thank you. :-) 

(In case it isn't obvious yet... welcome to Morning's first group idea.   XD  )
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Xanatos

No worries. Your a good writer and from what I have seen your fully capable of leading miss GMness!

desert ashes

Quote from: Xanatos on November 04, 2009, 11:44:33 PM
No worries. Your a good writer and from what I have seen your fully capable of leading miss GMness!

Now you're just being cheeky and sweet.    Please... continue.  XD
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Treena

A/A     Ons/Offs     Cravings
Back and open to some rps.
Treena'sWiki

xiin

The concept for this sounds fascinating - I would love to be a slave in the story, but other positions would be fun as well if those need to be filled.

The idea of most of the action taking place in one of the houses and the rest being NPCs works well, too, but maybe a few from both houses are needed to keep the same sense of intrigue and rivalry?
love me?

desert ashes

Yay!  More people! ^_^ 

I can see where your line of thought is coming from, Xiin.  Keeping everyone together for now is good, though, especially if someone's "playing" both sides (spying for the enemy).
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Xanatos

That does sound interesting, I would just advice caution. As I noted, I have never seen any PvP of any kind go well in a game; and I do not include Master/Slave under PvP. Even allies who started bickering or arguing destroyed the last game I was in where characters were allowed to go at it; heck the GM and the players all thought it was cool and didn't even see it coming until it was to late. Even among honest, kind, good players, it can still degrade and become ugly. The previous game had some good players but many of them left in disgust, misunderstood other player intentions, and so forth. I was surprised and disappointed how ugly it got and how fast it just crumbled.

I am in no way implying you all are like that, just that its a very real possibility and it can happen so fast it likely will be hard to see coming.

Anyways, despite what I have said, if I continue to like this idea I would play even with PvP.

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Well, I definitely have an idea for this, depending on how the plot turns out...

xiin

@xanatos - i can definitely see the chances for that happening... and i'm rather new here, so maybe it is definitely better to stick with having simply one side.

either way, it sounds like it'll be much fun <3
love me?

Niki315

Kotah

Finally in a rage we scream at the top of our lungs into this lonely night, begging and pleading they stop sucking up dry.There as guilty as sin, still as they always do when faced with an angry mob: they wipe the blood from their mouths and calm us down with their words of milk and honey. So the play begins, we the once angry mob are now pacified and sit quietly entertained. But the curtain exists far from now becasue their lies have been spoken. My dear, have you forgotten what comes next? This is the part where we change the world.

Diablo

Xanatos

Sweet, look at all the interest. Looks like you got a winner morningsdreams.

Treena

A/A     Ons/Offs     Cravings
Back and open to some rps.
Treena'sWiki

Diablo

Kotah

Finally in a rage we scream at the top of our lungs into this lonely night, begging and pleading they stop sucking up dry.There as guilty as sin, still as they always do when faced with an angry mob: they wipe the blood from their mouths and calm us down with their words of milk and honey. So the play begins, we the once angry mob are now pacified and sit quietly entertained. But the curtain exists far from now becasue their lies have been spoken. My dear, have you forgotten what comes next? This is the part where we change the world.

desert ashes

Woo!  People! 

All right, here's a character profile outline -- maximum of two characters per player for now.  Anyone is welcome to join us. ;)

OOC Board: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=52111.0

Profiles Board: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=52112.0
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin