News:

Main Menu

The Leftovers

Started by persephone325, June 29, 2014, 10:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

So, I haven't read the books. But I just watched the first episode of the series.

Wow. I don't know why, but I just felt so emotional while watching it. The first 3 minutes nearly had me in tears. I have a lot of questions about what exactly is happening, but I'm sure they'll be answered at some point.

The whole thing with family this episode really hit me hard. The dad is the police chief, the mom left to become part of that GR group, I have no idea what the son is doing (seems like he's involved in some sort of cult), and the daughter has some serious issues.

I'm really interested in what happens now. I feel very invested in the show.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Beorning

I haven't seen this show, but I saw an ad for it on Polish HBO. It made me quite confused - I was like "Is HBO making a series out of Left Behind?"

Interestingly, Left Behind (which has had three movies made out of it years ago), is getting big budget treatment, too. And it will be starring Nicholas Cage...

Okay, but back to Leftovers. What interests me: how many religious overtones are there in this show? The whole concept of Rapture is a religious concept, after all...