¿Star Trek: Dark Galaxy?

Started by Witness, June 02, 2005, 04:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Witness

I haven't decided whether to start this up here or on RPOL, but I'd prefer to host it here.  Take a gander at the intro below, and lemme know if you'd be interested in joining.  It's a freeform game.

Star Trek: Dark Galaxy

The year is 2370.  A terrible occurred over Wolf 359 in which more than 40 starships were destroyed by a single borg vessel.  The cube then went on to earth, where the USS Enterprise, NCC-1701-D, captained by Jean Luc Picard battled the cube for more than a day in a running battle that kept the borg from directly attacking Earth.  In the end, however, the superior might of the invaders led to the destruction of the flagship of the Federation Starfleet, crippling it.  For unknown reasons, the borg departed, leaving earth defenseless.

Taking advantage of the momentary weakness the Romulans invaded Federation space, intent on reclaiming territory lost over the past several centuries.  Their sudden, vicious assault left the remains of Starfleet devastated.  By 2368 Starfleet had been whittled to a quarter its previous strength, and the Federation was losing on all fronts.  Late in that year the Klingons and Cardassians signed a military alliance against the Federation, vowing to see it destroyed.

On New Year’s Day, 2369, Romulan, Klingon and Cardassian bombs fell from orbit, shattering the defenseless cities of Earth, killing millions.  Hearing this news, the surviving starships dispersed to the four corners of the galaxy, hoping to save some small vestige of humanity from the ravages of the enemy.  One by one the Romulans, Klingons and Cardassians have hunted down and eliminated the survivors. 

Only one Galaxy-class starship remains, the USS Federation, the largest Galaxy-class vessel ever created – and the last to leave Utopia Planetia Shipyards before its destruction at the hands of the Triumvirate.  In her, alone, lies the hope for the future of humankind.

LordAnubis

Sounds intresting.

So we have a warship trying to survive and to protect the lats of humanity?

Feasable to say they went desperate and revived the old projects?  Like the ones that made Kahn?  I can't remember what the project was called.

Witness

It's still pretty early in the "war."  The Feds got their asses handed to them so quickly that no one had much time to do anything before they died.  For now the Federation is on its own, fleeing from system to system, striking back when it has the opportunity.

But yes, the old projects will probably be "rediscovered".

LordAnubis

Ah, I was wondering if I could play a geneticly engineered person.  Since for the most part humanity doesn't like them, because of the eugenic wars, but with destruction of most of the population beggers can't be choosers.

Witness

<shrugs>  I dont see why one or two couldn't have been created shortly before the destruction of earth.

Tahiri Anashia

sounds interesting :) allowing new races? hehe

Witness

Depends what kinda new races.  Obviously some of the old ones are very unlikely (namely Klingons, Cardassians and Romulans), but I'd be willing to work at creating a new one, sure.

LordAnubis

Witness

As noted, yes: freeform.  Mostly because I never bothered to collect the RPG books, and learning a new system is a pain anyway :)

LordAnubis

Good cause that is one system I don't know.