Pathfinder: Pirates & Mercenaries [Closed]

Started by Silver Phoenix, October 14, 2016, 08:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver Phoenix

Quote from: Grizzly on October 18, 2016, 10:12:29 PM
What are you looking for at this point for character submissions?  I have a couple ideas that I'd like to propose but I'm not sure how much detail to provide at this point.
Right now, we're just throwing character concepts around - if you have something that you think would an interesting concept that could contribute to the atmosphere of the game, feel free to submit it.  All the relevant info is in the OP post.
My O/Os: Elliquiy, F-List

Current Game Capacity: 11/11; Full

ChaoticSky

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 18, 2016, 10:19:48 PM
If they didn't have those horns, they'd be decent. But ram's horns don't fit at all on a serpentine humanoid.
They are not ram horns, they are dragon horns. Aside from the fact that the horns come in several styles (and the art also varies)...

I would not say that around black dragons.

Whos got sheep horns little human?

indarkestknight

Sable
NG human ranger (sword-devil)

Appearance: Skin white as snow. Lips red as blood. Hair as black as ebony. And eyes as grey as steel. Blessed with looks both striking and memorable, the words that best describe Sable's physique are amazonian and statuesque. Sable has no qualms about flaunting either her generous feminine curves or her athleticism and fitness. Taking after her mentor, she generally favors a chainmail bikini, though she may forgo her signature look when circumstances call for other attire.

Background: Born daughter to the chieftain of a village in the hinterlands of King Arlan's dominion, Sable long exhibited a talent for woodlore. In another life, she might well have gone on to become a talented huntress and inherit her mother's position as chieftain. However, this was not to be. When Sable was on the threshold between childhood and womanhood, marauders fell upon her village. Ill-equipped to defend themselves, the village sought out champions, a band of seven adventurers, mercenaries, and heroes. Led by a She-Devil with a Sword, they laid waste to the marauders who had thought to lay waste to Sable's village, but not without great cost, and only three of the seven survived. Seeing great potential in the chieftain's daughter, the leader offered Sable a place by her side in her travels. Despite having witnessed firsthand the risks to life and limb that such a lifestyle entailed, Sable felt greatly indebted to the swordswoman and accepted her offer. It was under this woman's tutelage that she truly came into her own, becoming formidable in her own right. When her mentor sided with King Arlan in the civil war, so, too, did Sable, and alongside both the King and her mentor, was banished. She continued to serve at King Arlan's pleasure because her mentor continued to serve at King Arlan's pleasure... at least until supernaturally potent storms ravaged the armada, separating Sable from her mentor.

Personality: While Sable's swordhand comes with a price attached, if the locals are going to starve from lack of grain and only need a little to make it through the winter, some shipments under her watch may start to come in short. A ship of slaves may find its way to the port of a nation where slavery is outlawed instead of the intended port. There are few better at hunting down escaped murderers than Sable, but invariably, a young woman on the run from a loveless marriage will elude the sword-devil despite her tracking prowess. Sable is open and unabashed in her enjoyment of soft company, and she has an appreciation for fine weaponry. There are few more fiercely devoted than Sable, once her loyalty is earned, and that devotion extends to her faith. Though she has been blessed with no divine magic, she considers herself a priestess to Scathacth, the Red Goddess.

Sexuality: gynosexual hermaphrodite, though she may make a rare exception for an exceptionally pretty male (read: a trap), and isn't above flirting with those she has no intention of sleeping with.

Role: Switch-hitter, competent at both melee and archery (which she favors will probably be influenced by party composition). Skirmisher, scout, survivalist.

Aspirations: As a player, I'm hoping for action and adventure, giving a new ranger archetype a spin, with a healthy helping of roleplaying opportunity to develop relationships both platonic and romantic with both fellow PCs and NPCs alike. Eventually gaining an oathbow or an equivalent sword would be cool.

Silver Phoenix

Thanks for your contribution indarkestnight!  Added to the list.

Zaer Darkwail

Voicing interest joining this adventure :). Just need work/hammer details on concept I have in mind. Is there chance to play as one the king's sons/daugthers? A heir?

Silver Phoenix

Welcome Zaer.  In theory there shouldn't be a problem, but just let me know (by PM is you prefer) what plans you had for the character in question so I can give a final say on the matter.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: ChaoticSky on October 19, 2016, 11:09:06 AM
They are not ram horns, they are dragon horns. Aside from the fact that the horns come in several styles (and the art also varies)...

I would not say that around black dragons.

Whos got sheep horns little human?

Black dragons also look silly thanks to their sheep horns. :D

Point being, I need something serpentine. While that has a lot of overlap with draconic in some cases, horns of any kind are definitely in the latter group but not the former.

Mister Ugly

After looking over the presented characters. I am considering redoing Nathan into a tank. We are solely lacking in someone that can stand in the heat of battle and just make the enemy react to them...allowing the rest to hammer them. I am looking at a paladin/Oracle.

Let me know if that would help?

MU
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein

What makes the ugly feel pretty ...

indarkestknight

Glyphstone, maybe look for art of Extaminaar or Spellscales? Or Maedar, maybe? Half-dragons?

Snake

You'd have an overlap in abilities if you went life oracle/paladin.  But the levels should stack for channel energy.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Mister Ugly on October 20, 2016, 12:44:46 PM
After looking over the presented characters. I am considering redoing Nathan into a tank. We are solely lacking in someone that can stand in the heat of battle and just make the enemy react to them...allowing the rest to hammer them. I am looking at a paladin/Oracle.

Let me know if that would help?

MU
For what its worth, my character will be a primary melee. And is fucking scary when she wants to be. So that may fill the roll.

Blinkin

Tari is a light melee fighter, but she relies more on flanking and movement than standing up and swapping blows.

On the other hand, with the crit range of the rapier, she has the capability to dish out fairly significant damage, particularly if someone cast haste on her and those riposte can be murder. ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Cataclysmic Archangel

I went with niche wizardry.  I actually went against all the cautionary tales of 'make sure the wizards have the right spells'.  he's going to learn what he wants and expect everyone else to pick up the slack.

TheGlyphstone

Salethar is an assassin, so also primary melee with an emphasis on stealth+sneak attack. Between Vanishing Trick and Dirty Trick, I should reliably be able to get enemies flat-footed for SA damage, though a flanking partner (of whom there seem to be plenty) will make that even easier.

As far as art, I think I'm just going to cave and take the 'looks like a human' alternate racial trait. I lose my low-light vision, but it means I can use regular human artwork.

Snake

Syra is built up to be just plain annoying with Unchained Rogue abilites: Duel-wields shortswords centered entirely around her dex; plus witch abilities like Evil Eye + Slumber and rack up the Coup De Grace.  Plus her spells and her insane Initiative. XD

She'd probably debuff in her first couple rounds then flank buddy with Tari & Salethar

Zaer Darkwail

My own char (once figured is he heir or what not) would be Slayer (with sniper archtype so I am the guy who snipes and lands hard hits from range from ambush).

Snake

If we scored an ambush, the poor bastards would not survive the first round unless we rolled 1's XD

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Snake on October 20, 2016, 01:30:11 PM
If we scored an ambush, the poor bastards would not survive the first round unless we rolled 1's XD

It'd certainly make for a somewhat different game than the traditional fighter/cleric/rogue/wizard party.

Blinkin

Never seen a traditional fighter-cleric-rogue-wizard party on E.

Usually, it's more like sorcerer,wizard, witch-spell slinger class on here. ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Cataclysmic Archangel

the other game I'm in is Paladin/bard/ranger/sorcerer.

Latooni Subota

Adelheid is a bard that trades more of her music shenanigans for the ability to hit and run with a bloody-huge two-handed weapon. Because why not?
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

tyr4n02r

Zephyr is dry comic relief with a Bag of Holding of tricks and pranks. Like Jeffrey from "Fresh Prince."

Oooohh, you meant combat...

An adaptable (near-sighted) melee fighter with sneak attack (Snake-bite Striker) with some oracle abilities plugged in. Havent chosen which, probably look at the builds and pick later. But hey that still means Cleric spells.
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Mainly missing on Tuesdays, sorry.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Snake

Just watch out fo rSyra playing at flaunting her sexy. It usually means she wants to rob you silly ...after you fuck her silly..or thought you did.  While the mark is out she robs them blind. then comes back later with a crowbar to take everything that's nailed down. XD

Zaer Darkwail

Travis, youngest son of King Arlan
LE Human Slayer (Sniper)

Appearance: With warm brown/red curly hair and sharp blue/grey eyes and handsome face Travis can charm most women with his looks. More so as he has muscular athletic figure and stands 6'2'ft tall. Years in outdoors had tanned his flesh all around and he is used to outdoor life in the woods, which is unusual for a heir prince but he had always loved hunting, one way or other. He walks with natural grace and regal mannerism which had been taught to him since childhood, but there is predatory nature to it thanks years practicing arts of hunting. Only mar to his perfect figure are callouses on his palms and fingers, signs of years practicing archery but he bears them with pride for skills he has earned. Clothing wise he can be well dressed for court ball or rustic practical when going outdoors. But either clothing is well taken care off and even simple rustic clothing has signs of high quality and decorative markings.

Background: Travis is youngest son of King Arlan, he was spoiled as child as he was youngest and most loved. Early on in his life he learned about his worth to the world; learned he was heir, prince but not crown heir; meaning his three elder siblings (especially eldest) ran ahead of him on the crown. That made his heart grow bitter even as a child and grow enormous envy towards his eldest sibling. Why he cannot get to throne? Why he had no chance even to get it? As spoiled child it warped his mind for good. He started study harder, more devoted manner and try outdo his siblings much as he could, however he could not master everything (which he sadly realized) so he needed to find his own speciality where shine. He found he was good archer, he had natural sharp eyes, good hand and eye coordination and able make even impressive shots on moving targets. So he went one day to meet royal groundskeeper and asked him teach him how to hunt. The years upon years he practiced hunting and becoming quite excellent at it. Yet despite his efforts he did not earn approval from the king (love yes but not approval to surpass his siblings in regards who sits on throne, that angering him still).

His bitterness and anger resulted him becoming very sharp and edgy towards annyone who disrespected him and that caused few 'scenes' in some social gatherings and also manner how he treated servant staff in castle raised some rumors about him. It caused build a rift between him and rest of siblings and to his own father as well who tried harness his manners more respectful to lower classes, but Travis was no longer listening his father as he had already given up earning his approval anyway. Focusing on his own things and things he liked. He started slumming, under a disguise, amongst the rabble so he can see their pitiful lives up close and enjoy luxuries like casually fucking a tavern wench or picking pretty whores to fuck. He was seeking allies outside the castle in case he needs some 'work' done for him. He started deal with criminals and one such case a criminal who worked on slave trafficking (which was illegal in kingdom and practice for said trade is punished by death), the criminal offered excquisite exotic slave as a bribe for Travis. Slave girl called Elora Shaiel, a dark elf caught from war from distant land and since childhood raised and broken into slavery. Given as bribe so that Travis could handle help turn authorities blind eye via royal seal planted on the cargos which transfer slaves. Travis agreed to it and he took girl in, teaching her to behave like a personal servant of his but respect and behave in private as a slave to him. Elora knew sorcery so using simple disguise magic she hid her dark elf lineage easily enough.

Then usurpation begun, he played role in battles like all heirs did. His case was simply sneaking behind enemy lines, ambush their supply cargos and assassinate their lieutenants but nothing he did stopped the army advance. Which enraged him, he was further enraged as his father, the king, decided to flee. But as rest heirs agreed on it he agreed along albeit he did voice out he disagreed on it. Then with rest of fleet he traveled to these distant lands and overtime his anger dissipated on the cowardly retreat before the enemy. He sees these new lands as new oppoturnities...oppoturnities which may fullfill he long lost desires. But to do that, he needs allies (besides his slave girl and his loyal personal retainers).

Personality: Travis is charming and fair to those who he views as his equal. In past this caused quite cold treatment towards 'commoners' but in the new lands he views his former titles and his heir status means much less. So he can treat those who travel with him as his equals so long they prove to be skillful and not burden to the group. He however always treats his slave as favorite pet; give gifts, treat her well and feed her and take care of her, but never see her as his equal and is quick to punish her if she shows disobedience or fails on simple tasks. Travis has much ego but also grand ambittions which he mostly keep details on himself, but his ambittion is simple really; desire to become a king. In what way, in what manner or when, are all on questions based on oppoturnities given.

Sexuality: A heterosexual with strong dominant streak, he enjoys having power over others. May the partner be willing or unwilling to be put on such position. However most his sexual needs he fills with his slave, so he has got no reason to seek other partners so far but he would not say no to additional partners or having a harem serving him.

Role: Serve as ranged physical damage dealer, sniping enemies with a bow. Survivalist, tracker, inflitrator, scout and potentially face person (thanks his social status as heir and likely have some social skills).

Aspirations: I wish as player a chance for my char to accomplish his dream; to become a king (either succeeding his father or simply building his own empire in new land). Albeit not against shifting his alignment from lawful evil to good if somehow story would make such changes. Play role more as antihero than true villain.

Zaer Darkwail

Sorry if my post is longer than 3 paragraphs :P. But had go bit deeper detail as I wrote bit also about other player's char (Elora Shaiel), who will be played by Muse. Also thought I needed explain in background how he became LE and how his relation is to rest of royal family (mother is ? atm as there is no info about her).