IC: Padawan Adventures - FFG Star Wars

Started by Pumpkin Seeds, December 15, 2020, 08:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on December 17, 2020, 12:28:44 AM
I think that is one of the beauties of the Palawan specialization.  The generalized nature of it and that you have so many open paths.

Yeah, not only did I take the extra specialization but I took Well-Rounded so I have a *dizzying* number of career skills, many of which I don' thave any points in so I'll be picking them up soon.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Pumpkin Seeds

Yep.  These will be potentially very skilled characters which should work out well.

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: Mosos on December 16, 2020, 10:44:25 PM
I was thinking about going the pilot route myself. Perhaps as a padawan  that excels in piloting but is falling behind in his knowledge of the force. I was also considering a budding mystic that is dabbling in parts of the force the council would frown on. Something that makes him popular with the clone troopers like bind or hurt/heal, but the continued use bothers the council.

Damn....

I was thinking a similar pilot character. <crumples character>

Back to the old drawing board.
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

Mosos

I can play the mystic here. Two pilots would work if they specialized in different vehicles. Bombers, interceptors, freighters, tanks, walkers, ect.

Captain Whitebread

Mosos

I was thinking heavy starfighter or bomber.

Wheresmycow

Pfft, ha ha, I was going to go like x-wing pilot myself.

You know what, I'm going to go the light saber route.  It's a comfort pick for me anyways, so it'll be just fine.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Wheresmycow

Oh, are we using Force & Destiny as the core rulebook?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Pumpkin Seeds

Yep and I will be using morality system if we can get it to work.

Pumpkin Seeds

So the inevitable question of smut and limits.   Also figuring where to put the actual thread.  Any input?

Wheresmycow

I would prefer if this wasn't a smut focused game, kinda want to focus on being budding jedi turning into actual jedi.  I'm not opposed to smut, but maybe that gets regulated to side scenes in spin-off threads?  As for where it goes, some form of exotic since different species are a thing?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Angie

I don't mind a little smut but I want some story if we're doing Star Wars. Bondage Exotic, perhaps?

Also, speaking of story: Are we all supposed to have the usual Padawan background of being trained from toddler age, or would a "secret apprentice" be okay? I have an idea...
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Pumpkin Seeds

I am open to ideas.  After all these are player characters and they are meant to be unique.

pdragon

What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Pumpkin Seeds

Sure and I think that closes us out. 

So I will get a thread up for us and I am trying to figure out this Discord server and how to invite people. 

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: Wheresmycow on December 17, 2020, 08:20:08 AM
Pfft, ha ha, I was going to go like x-wing pilot myself.

You know what, I'm going to go the light saber route.  It's a comfort pick for me anyways, so it'll be just fine.

Personally, I want to end up with a Twi'lek Death Seed....

As far as smut goes, it should definitely be secondary to the story.  If it happens organically (however unlikely) it should have a place in the story but certainly should not displace plot.

I'm torn between creating something new or reusing a character that I used in an RP that didn't last.

Thoughts are (and I invite input):

Cathar or Togarian
armoured heavy melee warrior - their aggressive nature would make it a constant struggle to avoid falling to the Dark Side  And yes, the Jedi wore armour during the clone wars. just not often.

Miralukan
healer who has a bad history with space travel and has been receiving counseling on how to control his fear.  He's been known to question why the lightsaber is the trademark of the Jedi, if they are supposed to be peacekeepers and not warriors.  The FFG system has no mechanism for things like massage therapy and chiropractics, so they'd need to be fluff extensions of Medicine.

A
Nikto
who is a strong opponent of the slave trade and wants to become a counselor to help slaves transition from slave to free with as little trauma as possible. - very susceptible to the Jedi 'Mind Trick' after millennia of being Hutt slaves. Might also have issues with falling to the Dark Side, due to their natural savagery.

A
Lepi
who focuses on martial arts as much as lightsaber combat.  He'd have difficulty with the high sex drive of his species, especially as an adolescent. 

I prefer characters that are flawed.  I think it makes them more interesting, not to mention it is difficult to play a 'perfect' character.  If anyone has a suggestion as to what might make an interesting challenge, I'm listening.

Wheresmycow

I'm trying to think about what I want to do with my padawan's history.  Tempting to go with someone who was unknowingly raised by a fallen jedi for a few years before the temple secretly defeated his master and brought him back for training, so all he knows is that his former master died and that's about it, or if I should go for a more standard picked up and raised young.

Oh, third idea: his father and mother are former jedi who fell in love, married and had him.  The temple went to go arrest them, they fled, but he got taken in the process.  He thinks he's an orphan, but his parents are out there somewhere, maybe trying to find him.

Will need to mull over how much personal drama I want.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Miroque

one Cathar padawan coming up... Pretty straightforward child kidnapped (as the Jedi's do...) by the Jedi as an infant, raised within the temple and brainwashed to believe that trusting one's instincts is wrong... (well, in Cathar's it is.. as they are pretty bloodthirsty by nature.. ). As she reached maturity enough to be considered for padawan-ship, Shadow-Knight Dax toke her under his wing and started to keep an close eye on her.

Vel-Kyn knows her past, as an childing, but has not met her parents as she was taken as an infant.

Character: Vel-Kyn Adaris of Eedit Temple
Homeworld: Devaron (Jedi temple)
Species: Cathar

Notable gear:
Dual-bladed training lightsaber
Eedit Temple robes
Eedit temple mask
Utility belt

Shadow-Knight Dax

Shadow-Knight Dax
Name: Dax (no last name known)
Species: Mirialan
Specialities: Shadow, Knight, Master, Ataru Striker
Known for:
No sense of humor
Cunning 4
Known forcepowers: Enhance, Move, Sense

Notable gears:
Yellow Guard Shoto lightsaber
Eedit armored temple robes
Eedit temple mask
Utility belt
Eedit Temple in Devaron

Temple of Eedit
Temple master: Master Halsey
Known for:
Dual-Bladed lightsaber combat
Long meditative training sessions

Eedit temple is an place where most hardheaded childlings were placed to learn
to control their more primal instincts. Most childlings consists on species prone
to anger and bloodthirsty instincts, like Wookies, Cathars and Eloms. 
EXP usage

skills 1 (5)
Move (15)
Enhance (5)
Ataru tree (20)
talents tier1 x4 (20)
Talents tier2 x3 (30)
taletns tier3 x1 (15)

Captain Whitebread

Captain Whitebread

Unless we want to add the conflict of having two adolescent Cathar trying to figure out their hormones to the list....

Miroque

Im Okay with that. Feel free to make cathar if you like...my cathar is Dsicipline one.. fighting against her impulses.

Captain Whitebread

Whereas mine would be constantly fighting against his natural, instinctual responses

I think I can work with that.

Captain Whitebread

Name:   Kharjo (Jo) Tibbs (Silver Ghost)
Cultural Background: Comfortable with Tech
Experiencing the Force: The Duty To Tradition
Heeding the Call: Ultimate Abilities
Morality: 50   (+10 starting xp)
Emotional Strength: Independence
Emotional Weakness:  Recklessness
Motivation: Ambition
Species: Cathar
Soak      (3+2)
Brawn: 2   +1=3(30)      Wound Threshold:   13+2=15
Agility: 3
Intellect:   1+1=2(20)
Cunning:   2
Willpower: 2      Strain Threshold:   12
Presence:2
Starting XP: 110      

Athletics    1+1=2 (species skill)
Brawl      0+1(5)=1
Cool      0+1(5)=1
Coordination   0+1(5)=1
Discipline   1      
Knowledge (Education) 0+1(5)=1
Knowledge (Lore) 0+1(5)=1
Lightsaber        1
Mechanic   1
Melee      0+1(5)=1
Piloting (Space)   0+1(5)=1
Vigilance   1

Parry (5)
Quick Draw (5)
Toughened (5)
Well Rounded (10) (Brawl & Melee)

Force Rating:   1

JEDI TRAINING SUIT (WEIGHTED)   (400)
Hand Held Comm-link         (25)
Utility Belt            (25)
Long Handled Lightsaber
Jedi Robes
Something else that was free that I can't remember

50 CR

Description:  At just shy of two meters and weighing one hundred kilos, Kharjo stands out in a crowd.  A typical Catihar, he is a bipedal felinoid with digitigrade legs.  He prefers to keep his long fur closely trimmed; not only does it make his uniform fit better but it also controls his shedding.  The Cathar musculature is different from humans; they have higher strength and faster muscle responses.  Off duty and away from his studies, Jo can usually be found wearing a kilt.  On duty, his uniform is always pristine.  Words like 'lithe' and 'flexible' are frequently used to describe him.

His eyes are a startling blue and have an intensity that few can withstand.  It is clear that he comes from a predatory species.  His fur is incredibly soft and is variations of grey; the base is so pale as to be almost white and his markings are various darker shades of grey.  One would need to search carefully for an actual white or black hair.

Background: Kharjo was selected for Jedi training when he was a toddler.  He barely remembers a place where his kind were the rule, rather than the exception.  The predatory nature of the Cathar has placed him occasionally at odds with his Jedi training but he does his best to be civilized and tries to leave the savage primitive behind. 

The newest problem for Jo is puberty.  There are few Cathar in the Jedi Order and so there are even fewer females.  Those that Jo has encountered are proving to be a huge distraction.  Several have even appeared in his dreams, dreams that his Master is quick to point out are not prophetic in any way.

Personality: Jo considers being chosen as a Jedi to be a true honour.  He strives to be worthy.  His major problem is that he loves fighting.  He doesn't seek it out but he has been cautioned on more than one occasion to control his anger and resist leaping into the fray without thinking about the consequences.  He is making progress but it is hard for him and many of his instructors think he may have difficulty resisting the Dark Side.  Ironically, he seems destined to become a warrior rather than a diplomat.

Jo is highly competitive, giving 100% to anything he participates in, whether it is a game of Sabbac, his lightsaber training or his studies.    He doesn't like losing but understands that there is always somebody better out there, so his response to defeat isn't resentment but rather a desire to learn from the victor.