Aladdin - An Adult Christmas Panto

Started by Jester, November 29, 2007, 08:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jester

Aladdin – A Christmas Panto

I don’t know how many of our American friends understand about Panto’s but I thought it would be a nice idea to do an adult version of Aladdin. Some of you may know I do a lot of acting and we are doing Aladdin at the moment. And it occurred to me that we could have a lot of fun with this like some of us did with our Thanksgiving game last year.

So if you would like to audition for a PART then here is the place to do it.

The Story of Aladdin is as follows:

Set in the might empire of China ruled by the Emperor who has fabulous wealth, huge armies, and many palaces but the most important thing to him is his daughter Cherry Blossom.

In this land lived a poor boy Aladdinm with his mother Widow Twankee for his father was dead. Unknown to Aladdin there also dwelt nearby a powerful and mysterious sorcerer by the name of Abanazar. And Abanazar had a servant Kalas who was foolish and menial. Little did Aladdin know that a fantastic adventure was about to start!!

The cast list as follows:

Main Cast
Narrator : Me – I will basically set the scenes up.
Aladdin – A boy (played by a girl – I am thinking this would be an hermaphrodite. So a boyish girl with a penis.)
Widow Twankie (Mother – played by a man – Also a hermaphrodite but mainly male)
Abanazar – The Evil Sorcerer – Male
Kalas – The Evil Henchman – Male (or could be female)
The Emperor  - Male
Princess Cherry Blossom – A Teenage (over 16) girl.

Cameos
Spirit of the Cave – Male or female – Traps Aladdin in the cave.
Genie of the Ring – A Sexy Texan Female – Rescues Aladdin a couple of times – at a price.
Genie of the Lamp – Male – The main Genie that helps Aladdin – at a price but he and the lamp are captured by Abanazzar.
Le Viscomte de Plim Plom – A French Lord hoping to woo Cherry Blossom but does not endear himself to her.
Wishy Washy – A man who wants his washing done by Widow Twanky

The panto will be broken down into the following scenes which shall be started by the Narrator.
Scenes –

Scene Setting

Scene 1 – Emperor, Cherry Blossom and the Le Viscomte – The Emperor tells Cherry Blossom that he is searching for rich suitors for her and she meets the first. He however does not endear himself to her…..
Scene 2 – Widow Twanky, Wishy Washy  and Aladdin – Wishy Washy has some washing to be done and is a little surprised at what the price is but is happy to pay... Aladdin enters afterwards to tell his mother about the proclaimation that the Princess is accepting rich suitors.
Scene 3 - Aladdin, Abanazar, Kalas – Aladdin finds out about the Princess and goes of in search of fantastic wealth. Abanazar leads him to the cave to retrieve the lamp from him and not telling him that the cave is cursed.
Scene 4 – Aladdin, Spirit of the Cave and Genie of the Ring -  The Spirit of the Cave traps Aladdin inside and his his wicked way with the poor boy/girl. Rubbing the Magic Ring though means that the Genie of the ring comes to his defence.
Scene 5. – Aladdin & Genie of the Lamp – Aladdin summons the genie and at a price gets his fabulous wealth.
Scene 6 – Aladdin and Cherrry Blossom – Aladdin woos the princess with his new found wealth and charm.
Scene 7 – Abanazzar, Kalas and Widow Twanky  - Abanazzar tricks Widow Twanky into giving him the lamp but not before he and Kalas have had their wicked way.
Scene 8 – Aladdin, Cherry Blossom and the Genie of the Ring – Having been banished to the darkest driest desert by Abanazzar who now has control of the Genie Aladdin must once again by the Genie of the Rings price to save him and Cherry Blossom.
Scene 9 – Emperor, Widow Twanky, Kalas and Abanazar – The Emperor and Widow Twanky are now sex slaves at the hands of the Emperor.
Scene 10 -  Aladdin, Widow Twanky, Emperor, Cherry Blossom, Abanazzar, Kalas, and the two genies. – Orgy as the two villains are apprehended and everyone rejoices.

Let me know if you have any suggestion or you are interested in auditioning. The Directors Couch is waiting....

Jester

I just wanted to add that Character ideas are not set in stone - Aladdin does not need to be a hermaphrodite.

srl

This sounds very interesting, I'd be up for playing one of the characters ^^;;
Specifically, Kalas, spirit of cave or a genie.

Jester

I think we might need a bit more interest....

Obviously pantos just aren't the thing around here or else everyone is a bunch a of humbugs...

Sam

Quote from: comedyjester on December 03, 2007, 07:36:41 AM
Obviously pantos just aren't the thing around here or else everyone is a bunch a of humbugs...

I'm not familiar with the terminology.  Could you point me toward a panto resource, or give me a rundown yourself?

Elvi

http://www.historic-uk.com/CultureUK/Pantomime.htm

Try that link Sam, it may help?

(Though it only tells the 'tale' of modern day Pantomime, the tradition goes back to the ancient Romans I believe)
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Sam

Pantomime I know, but I'm unfamiliar with panto used by itself and in a writing context.

Jester

I think I just shortened pantomime for ease.

The game itself would be run as number of short stories.

However there has been very little interest so I am not really sure that it will ever happen. It was an idea for a bit of silliness over christmas.

Elvi

Yes it IS a shortened term for pantomime, I would have thought if some one knew pantomime, then they would know that it is more or less shortened to panto in this country.
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building