Plot Hooks by Ralhend (Looking for a chess opponent)(Last Update 11/14/2016)

Started by Ralhend, September 13, 2015, 08:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralhend

Hello, and welcome to my Solo-Roleplays thread =D.

I am actively looking for a chess game opponent, see the game offer i have post to the "Woody Bits" section of the forums, or follow the link in my signature.  IE I don't have a plot for this, its just a play by post type game, similar to playing chess with someone by mail.  Or if you like we can roleplay it, perhaps I am an old crafty wizard in a tower, and we play chess in my study as I smoke my pipe, our game board lit by magical blue candles.  Or a maybe I am a powerful vampire lord of predatory sensuality, and we play chess in my darkened dining hall, as I drink vitae from an ornate silver chalice, regularly refreshed by my human chambermaids...   

About me:

I am happily married.  I am here for writing and RP only. 
I will write with Ladies, Lords, and/or Lieges.  I have no restrictions on such things.
I am ex-military, and tend towards stories with heavy action and or military themes.  Mecha, Tanks, and other such tactical simulations are fun, and a sure-fire way to catch my interest.
I consider myself to be fairly literate and fairly experienced at role-playing.
I have been writing creatively since about 1984. 
Before I came here I was at Blue Moon Role-playing, and used I the moniker "Pazzo".
Role-playing to me is an enjoyable hobby, and I see it as an exercise in adaptive problem solving, critical thinking, and Improvisational acting. (IE it makes me think...)

If I PM you with an inquiry anout one on your plots, or offer you one of mine, and you do not respond within a 7 day time period, I will not contact you again and ignore any pms you send me.  I understand we are all busy at times, but I need people that are available and responsive.  If you are just not interested in my offer, just say so.  I will not be offended.  The only thing that offends me is being left to wonder what happened.  The only way to ensure you dont do it again is to not give you the opportunity.

If we engage in an RP and you disappear with no prior notification for 14 days, the RP will be put on hold.  Should you stay gone for an additional 14 days (4 weeks) The RP will be terminated.

What I Expect In a Writing Partner
Maturity, patience, creativity, and be somewhat literate.
Please have a good ability to communicate and not be afraid to tell me EXACTLY what you are after in plain English.
If you are the kind of person that would rather drop hints at what you want and hope that I just pick up on them, please move along.  I am not for you. 
Also, I expect you have a thirst for a good story that matches my own.
I promise you here and now that if an issue comes up, I will not hesitate to inform you of the problem, and that every effort on my part will be made to work through it. 
Consider miscommunication to be one of my MAJOR "Offs"
I like to have two avenues of contact per story.  One where we roleplay, and one where we OOC. (Discuss the plot, discuss current events, BS, etc.)
I will only RP in the open forums on E.  No emails or PMs. Sorry!

What I Expect In A Story
I want stories rich in detail that are capable of invoking all kinds of emotions. 
I want our works to be capable of making me happy, instilling fear, thrilling me, and satisfying my needs for intrigue and adventure. 
I want a full spectrum of emotions and feelings, as If my character was actually there... 
I do not require a set response length, however I have a very low tolerance for one liners with little effort or detail. 
I do my best to mirror or exceed the posts of my writing partners, unless the situation requires something else. 
I have four basic conditions that I meet before i find a response I make to be satisfying:

1. Describe the scene itself, (temperatures, weather elements, scents, sounds, lighting, etc)
2. Describe the characters,(appearance, clothing, body language, expressions, etc)
3. Describe what the characters are thinking (Thought process of what they see, hear, feel, etc)
4. Describe what actions the characters take (Physical action or mental planning, etc)

Ons:
Anything that has a reason to be in the story, provided it does not violate my Off's

Offs: (Do not ask. Do not push for this. Do not ridicule me for having limits.)
No Vomit, Urine, Feces, or Menstrual fluids, in any erotic setting (No, just, No.)
No writing partners who are under 18 years of age (This should be a given.)
No characters who are under 18 years of age (Again, this should be a given.)
No beastiality.  Creatures that pass the "Harkness Test" are not beasts, and are open to negotiation. (IE Are self-aware, posses human level or greater intelligence, are capable of verbal communication, and are of the standard age of majority for their species.) 

Current Plot Ideas: (No order of preference here)

Anything Shadowrun related.  I love this game setting and ideas readily pour forth from my muse like a waterfall.
Survival Themed Battletech or other Mecha themed game.

I am in the process of revamping everything.  Check back soon, or PM me with your ideas.

Post Rate: (Lethargic)
Request Thread/ Ons and Offs /A/A Thread
Active Stories on E: (Extremely Selective) 3/3 Discussions/Caged Bird/Maiden Voyage/Shattered Mirror/
Other Games E : (Taken) 1/1 /Chessgame 1, Mimétisme vs Ralhend/

Ralhend

Active Stories on E: (Extremely Selective) 3/3 Discussions/Caged Bird/Maiden Voyage/Shattered Mirror/

Ralhend

Updated my story ideas, and added an offer for a chessgame, posted to "Woody Bits"