News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaedia

I'm hoping Rumble. Like four or five months ago it was said a skin was in the works for him. Something 'big' as Ironstylus put it. Nothing yet. He fits under three of the four hints easy enough. Don't know what he'd have to do with spirit though so probably not him. Still though I can dream.

On a side note tin-hat theory... Morello did say E and not e. If taken literally (which I doubt but I can dream) then Rumble fits perfectly due to his ult. "The Equalizer"

It'll probably be Irelia since I would never buy a skin for her, :/
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.
◄ The mark is a part of me, but it does not define me ►

SinXAzgard21

It is more than likely Udyr.  Spirit Udyr was hinted at a while ago.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

apygoos

Quote from: Zefie on June 07, 2013, 09:49:17 PM
I'm hoping Rumble. Like four or five months ago it was said a skin was in the works for him. Something 'big' as Ironstylus put it. Nothing yet. He fits under three of the four hints easy enough. Don't know what he'd have to do with spirit though so probably not him. Still though I can dream.

On a side note tin-hat theory... Morello did say E and not e. If taken literally (which I doubt but I can dream) then Rumble fits perfectly due to his ult. "The Equalizer"

It'll probably be Irelia since I would never buy a skin for her, :/
I love rumble, hes one of my favorite top laners. If its rumble, or Udyr, id probably take it.
for reference here's all 22 champions that fit the criteria, minus the spirit reference

Leona: ShiEld of Daybreak
Udyr: TigEr Stance
Zac: StrEtching Strike
Xin Zhao: ThreE Talon Strike
Volibear: MajEstic Roar
Vi: ExcEssive Force
Talon: RakE
Shaco: DecEive
Rumble: The Equalizer
Rengar: UnsEen Predator
Rammus: PowErball, DefEnsive Ball Curl
Olaf: UndErtow
Nidalee: JavElin Toss / TakEdown, AspEct of the Cougar
Mordekaiser: MacE of Spades, CreEping Death,
Lee Sin: SafEguard
Kha'zix: UnsEen Threat
Jayce: HypEr Charge, AccEleration Gate,
Jax: RelEntless Assault
Irelia: HitEn Style
Evelynn: HatE Spike
Dr. Mundo: AdrEnaline Rush, InfEcted Cleaver,
Diana: PalE Cascade
Blitzcrank: PowEr Fist

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: apygoos on June 07, 2013, 10:51:37 PM
I love rumble, hes one of my favorite top laners. If its rumble, or Udyr, id probably take it.
for reference here's all 22 champions that fit the criteria, minus the spirit reference

Leona: ShiEld of Daybreak
Udyr: TigEr Stance
Zac: StrEtching Strike
Xin Zhao: ThreE Talon Strike
Volibear: MajEstic Roar
Vi: ExcEssive Force
Talon: RakE
Shaco: DecEive
Rumble: The Equalizer
Rengar: UnsEen Predator
Rammus: PowErball, DefEnsive Ball Curl
Olaf: UndErtow
Nidalee: JavElin Toss / TakEdown, AspEct of the Cougar
Mordekaiser: MacE of Spades, CreEping Death,
Lee Sin: SafEguard
Kha'zix: UnsEen Threat
Jayce: HypEr Charge, AccEleration Gate,
Jax: RelEntless Assault
Irelia: HitEn Style
Evelynn: HatE Spike
Dr. Mundo: AdrEnaline Rush, InfEcted Cleaver,
Diana: PalE Cascade
Blitzcrank: PowEr Fist

As cool as this is, from the hints that were dropped and so on, Udyr is the biggest choice.  I personally don't think it is a good choice but oh well.

Diana also was said to have a skin in the works.

Kaedia

Fun note; Rumble is the second 'oldest' champion (released 2011-04-26) to not have a skin other than the ones released with him. The next most recent is Skarner who was released on 2011-08-09. In the fun of listing off more champions Viktor comes next (2011-12-29). Then you reach the one-skin release champions who a majority of them are still waiting for a new skin.

Who is the oldest? Udyr. He was released on 2009-12-02 and only has two skins. It probably will be Udyr. As much as I tend to dislike Udyr as a champion he does deserve some skin love. Unless it is something super awesome I won't be buying the skin if it is Udyr though. It'll need to be really cool to warrant me to want to do it. We'll see.

I'm still holding out for...

... a skin that will never happen but would be completely money-toss awesome.
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.

SinXAzgard21

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/116/2/4/dragon_master_swain_by_vegacolors-d4xp93f.jpg

This is gonna happen though.  May not be the same art but Morello confirmed that dragon master swain is indeed a thing.

EDIT:  Omg I just did my first in game jungle as J4, actually got to complete the game with a positive K/D/A ratio.  Super proud... Though at summoner level 15 that shit is rough....

apygoos

Quote from: Zefie on June 07, 2013, 11:19:53 PM
Fun note; Rumble is the second 'oldest' champion (released 2011-04-26) to not have a skin other than the ones released with him. The next most recent is Skarner who was released on 2011-08-09. In the fun of listing off more champions Viktor comes next (2011-12-29). Then you reach the one-skin release champions who a majority of them are still waiting for a new skin.

Who is the oldest? Udyr. He was released on 2009-12-02 and only has two skins. It probably will be Udyr. As much as I tend to dislike Udyr as a champion he does deserve some skin love. Unless it is something super awesome I won't be buying the skin if it is Udyr though. It'll need to be really cool to warrant me to want to do it. We'll see.

I'm still holding out for...

... a skin that will never happen but would be completely money-toss awesome.
Megas Rumble.
but yea Dragon Master Swain is still a ways off, likely a legendary if i had a bet.
Ill be pumped if its Spirit Summoner Udyr. Given ultimate skins "completely re imagine" the champions, there is something i think that's worth noting that they mentioned back with the freljord patch:
The Spirit Walker is supposed to be a legendary force in Freljord. He was taken out of Freljord and learned the Ionian ways, thus the spirits he channels by default are  Ionian spirits. If i had a bet, this re-imagined skin will either have a fully realized Spirit walker, or, both that, and he channeling freljord spirits.

ofDelusions

How does Spirit Udyr completely reimagine Udyr? At all?

Also, I don't think channeling Feljord skins wouldn't really work either. Sound bit too confusing to new players if champion's stances completely change to different animals. Remember, they wouldn't even change color Foxfire Ahri's orb for that reason.

And besides, Freljord Udyr really sounds like just another Ice skin.

apygoos

it would in the light of a fully realized spirit walker. Udyr isnt quite there yet in his current character. I'd imagine once fully realized, him channeling the spirits would be a lot more impressive. Be they Ionian, Noxian, Freljord, Demacian, hell even shadow isles

ofDelusions

Udyr but better sounds bit weird for a skin idea aswell :P

Kaedia

One problem Riot mentioned a long, long time ago on the forums that comes up with Udyr is any skin you make for him is like four 'normal' skins since he has a different skin in each stance. Wish I could reference the post but it's so old by now I doubt I could find it if I wanted to.

If it is him getting the ultimate skin they'd probably do something like each skill you max adds another element to his costume. With Pulsefire Ez it's at level increments he 'evolves'. With Udyr I think they have a chance to do it based on skills chosen since (unless I'm forgetting someone) Udyr is the only champion who can't max out all his skills. Then again they could do it based on levels but I think it'd be neat based on skills leveled.
My Status:
Open.

SinXAzgard21

If they do something for rumble eventually it needs to be called Rumble Prime.

Shjade

Quote from: apygoos on June 08, 2013, 01:06:18 PM
it would in the light of a fully realized spirit walker. Udyr isnt quite there yet in his current character. I'd imagine once fully realized, him channeling the spirits would be a lot more impressive. Be they Ionian, Noxian, Freljord, Demacian, hell even shadow isles

Here's the new Spirit-related Udyr skin.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Spoons

I play league if anyone wants to play sometime. I'm Silver

Looking for CONNECTIONS in Deviations! Here are a list of my ideas!

apygoos

Shjade

◕/◕'s

Ryven

From the 3.8 patch notes:

QuotePoros have gone through an 80s action movie training montage and now have some resistance to lasers.

This made me laugh.

SinXAzgard21

Jungle items getting nerfed in next patch.

apygoos

which i call BS on, i guarante though its only becasue now theyre going to be available on 3s and ARAMS

Shjade

I have no idea why they're adding jungle items to the ARAM map, for the record.
◕/◕'s

Kaedia

Quote from: Shjade on June 11, 2013, 03:10:50 PM
I have no idea why they're adding jungle items to the ARAM map, for the record.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that... when I saw it, "Why Riot, why?" Makes no sense. I could perhaps see Ancient Golem but the other two... not really.

In other news yissssss jungle changes. No more level one golems for bot lane.
My Status:
Open.

ofDelusions

They are coming to those maps because some champs pretty much needs them. Lizard Elder and Hecarim for example.

apygoos

NA LCS sumemr split starts now
also heres some MF love for everyone
Arcade Miss Fortune

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: ofDelusions on June 12, 2013, 03:18:56 PM
They are coming to those maps because some champs pretty much needs them. Lizard Elder and Hecarim for example.

Lizard Elder on J4 is a beast as well.