News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What's the most racist show on TV?

Started by Mathim, August 01, 2008, 08:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Overlord

Speaking of Disney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LibK0SCpIkk&feature=related

Don't make me start surfing for Fritz the Cat clips.  :)

Kalen

Yeah, it's ironic that what is considered racist in one day and age was not in another.  WB has a few banned Bugs Bunny cartoons, for example.

Inkidu

The Boondocks is a great satire of Gangsta culture and the like. Seriously Watch the one titled "The Return of the King" and you'll see what I'm talking about. It was just genius.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Inkidu

Quote from: Kalen on August 18, 2008, 07:12:19 AM
Yeah, it's ironic that what is considered racist in one day and age was not in another.  WB has a few banned Bugs Bunny cartoons, for example.
I haven't seen a Loony Tunes cartoon in forever, I think they took them off for being too violent.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

The Overlord

Quote from: Inkidu on October 11, 2008, 10:32:07 PM
I haven't seen a Loony Tunes cartoon in forever, I think they took them off for being too violent.

Because the time-out soccer mom Nazis don't want their little angels watching Wile E. Coyote using TNT, lest they grow up to be terrorists...

Inkidu

Quote from: The Overlord on October 12, 2008, 01:30:47 AM
Because the time-out soccer mom Nazis don't want their little angels watching Wile E. Coyote using TNT, lest they grow up to be terrorists...
Or grow up to be lawyers. Man Wile E. needs to sue Acme bad.

theLeslie

Coyotes are second class citizens.  They have no rights.

Inkidu

theLeslie

I'm not racist, I'm prejudice..  Meep Meep! *runs away right quick*

King_Furby

I really haven't ever seen much racisim on TV shows that much. I just laugh everytime a black comic uses the word "Cracker' thats not offensive at all to me. i think it's a blast to call my friends crackers in public, we all do. boy do some people give you looks. but man it's funny

The Overlord

Quote from: theLeslie on October 12, 2008, 04:48:44 PM
  I'm not racist, I'm prejudice..  Meep Meep! *runs away right quick*

I'm neither racist nor prejudiced...I leave everyone open to equal opportunity to have my disdain, if they go out of their way to earn it.  ;D

Inkidu

Quote from: The Overlord on October 12, 2008, 09:19:41 PM
I'm neither racist nor prejudiced...I leave everyone open to equal opportunity to have my disdain, if they go out of their way to earn it.  ;D
I do not discriminate on basis of race, color, creed, ideals, sex, gender, or beliefs. I dislike everyone equally?

theLeslie

I think everyone is at least a little racist.  It's bred into us like political oppinions from our parents, schools, and governments.  Noone escapes it.

Inkidu

Quote from: theLeslie on October 12, 2008, 09:42:14 PM
  I think everyone is at least a little racist.  It's bred into us like political oppinions from our parents, schools, and governments.  Noone escapes it.
There's a difference between biased and racist.

theLeslie

Well, I think, if Bias is based on race, it's racism.  I could be wrong, I'm not an etimologist.  If such is not the case, you very well might be right.

Cherri Tart

you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Inkidu

Quote from: Cherri Tart on October 12, 2008, 10:23:09 PM
FOX NEWS! prove me wrong! :D
News doesn't count if I can't use it in a school assignment to prove there is an obscene amount of murder shown on television. :D

The Overlord

Quote from: theLeslie on October 12, 2008, 09:42:14 PM

That's probably true, in analogy it's like that little red horned devil that sits on your shoulder in the cartoons and tells you to do a bunch of ill stuff.

Having racist ideas is one thing...what we do with them is another thing entirely. We either puss out and keep listening to him, or we brush the little mother fracker off our shoulder and we move forward. It's bred into the culture for sure, but we can beat it.

theLeslie

Indeed we can!  But we have to first recognise the devil to tell him to stfu!

Kalen

Quote from: theLeslie on October 12, 2008, 11:14:23 PM
  Indeed we can!  But we have to first recognise the devil to tell him to stfu!

*Hides his signature line, and slinks off*

Inkidu

Quote from: The Overlord on October 12, 2008, 11:03:55 PM
That's probably true, in analogy it's like that little red horned devil that sits on your shoulder in the cartoons and tells you to do a bunch of ill stuff.

Having racist ideas is one thing...what we do with them is another thing entirely. We either puss out and keep listening to him, or we brush the little mother fracker off our shoulder and we move forward. It's bred into the culture for sure, but we can beat it.
I don't know if you've ever seen that one Family Guy where Peter had the angel/devil metaphor and the angel whips out a pistol and blows the devil away then put the  gun to your head and tells you to do the right thing. That's my angel.