Seeking fans of Cthulhu! Seeking fans of Sci-Fi! Seeking fans of-what, wait?!

Started by ReijiTabibito, April 14, 2011, 08:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReijiTabibito

Also, your attributes seem a bit wonky.  You have your bonus to Strength as +2 instead of +1, and your Tenacity bonus as +3 instead of +2.  Also, Tagers need to have a minimum Tenacity of 7.  Also, you've spent 37 attribute points in making your character.  Standard creation is 35, and Humans get a +1 to any Attribute they choose.  Even with that, though, you're still 1 point over.

Wintercat

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on April 20, 2011, 04:18:49 PM
Standard creation is 35, and Humans get a +1 to any Attribute they choose.

Nazzadi got +1 to Agility in turn I believe? Basically, everyone gets 35 points to spread +1 to either any or Agi... though seen some leave their Agi 1 point short on purpose from the 'finishing scores' to stuff it elsewhere..

But guess it matters more when you plan on going over 10 at start-up already.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

ReijiTabibito

Yeah, that's right.  Standard Nazzadi gets +1 to Agility.  Xenomixes get a different bonus, though - a regular gets to choose either +1 Agility or +1 Tenacity, and Whites get +1 Tenacity.

AyeGill

To be clear: the attributes i've listed are first the attributes in human form, including the modifiers from my symbiont. Then the attributes that change in tager form

Also, they way i interpreted this text:
QuoteThe second group of bonuses already takes the first
into account, so don’t add them again.

Is that the attribute bonus in Tager form are not in addition to the modifiers to human-form stats. This means that my -1 in tenacity, from my starting 7, puts me at 6. The +2 bonus is then not on top of the -1(equaling +1 total), but instead, meaning a +2 on top of my starting score of 7.

The same goes for strength.

ReijiTabibito

>_<  Gill, hate to tell you, but you read the entry wrong.  Whisper Attribute Mod entry appears as such.

Agility +1/+4
Perception +2/+4
Strength -/+1
Tenacity -/+2

So, you permanently add 1 to your Agility in your human form, and 2 to your Perception.  For Strength and Tenacity, that's not a -1, that's a no change.

And ack.  Forgot that you applied the Tager mod bonuses.  Lemme re-do the math.

EDIT:  Gill, assuming that this was your starting stat line:

Agility:   7
Intellect:    5
Perception:   8
Presence:   4
Strength:   5
Tenacity:   7

Your modifications after Tager bonuses should be:

Agility: 8 (11)
Intellect: 5
Perception: 10 (12)
Presence: 4
Strength: 5 (6)
Tenacity: 7 (9)

Is this correct?

AyeGill

That would be correct, yes. I interpreted the - as a minus, for some reason. Stupid me.

Anyways, corrected that.

ReijiTabibito

Alright.  Lemme double check the math again one more time before I approve the character.  You spent all your Cheats on Skill Points, right?

Also, if you've got the corebook, you'll need to get gear and equipment.  The Tager description, I believe, says you have a sidearm.  Suggest you check out the pistols in the book and pick one.

Muse

Oh-ho!  Nice, they have augmented reality and LAI! 

Let's see, I need a cool persona for my LAI... 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ReijiTabibito

LAI is usually found aboard NEG military mecha and ships...though I can re-read the tech section and see if having an LAI would be possible for a 'civilian.'

Muse

Look at page 108.  :) 

Second paragraph. 

Artificial Intelligence touches nearly every citizen’s life in some way. Limited Artificial Intelligence (LAI) is standard in nearly every computer system or computerized device and creates a “smart” machine. LAI is not true intelligence, but it does allow computers to recognize casual voice commands, verbally respond to users, and perform basic tasks on their own. Most people wouldn’t know how to use computers if it weren’t for LAI – there simply is no need for your average citizen to physically interface with their machines. LAI can be programmed with a variety of after-market “personalities,” which give computers a semblance of life. People often get attached to their LAI personalities, treating them like pets.
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Wintercat

Well, in hindsight that makes the few points spent on computer skill feel a bit silly, but then again the character of mine probably has had more than a normal share of time spent alone so wouldn't be surprised that the character picked it up to keep some connection to the world at large awake, otherwise only attached to the team when time comes to hunt down a foe.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

ReijiTabibito

Also, your standard LAI may be bounds above what we have now...but you still can't hack without skill.  :P

Callie Del Noire

Looking through the gear book to see how I get somethigns..not a lot a goodies for civilians. :D

Callie Del Noire

Done (pending GM math checking)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Emerald Anne Dante
Allegiance:  NGE
Profession: Student
Race: White
Virtues:  Imaginative, Self-Confident
Flaws: Insecure

Attributes:

Agility 5
Intellect 8
Perception 6
Presence 6
Strength 3
Tenacity 8

Secondary Attributes:

Action: 1 (2 w/Hyperspeed)
Movement: 4 (7 mph (27/4 ypt) x3 w/Hyperspeed)
Orgone: 13
Reflex:  6 (+1/2 w/ Hyperagility/Hyperspeed)
Vitality: 9
Drama Points: 10

Gear:
Laptop
Wireless Comm unit
  w/ AR Eyepiece
Akira ZX Motorcycle

Skills:
Artist (Song Writing)  2                 
Dodge                      1                 
Education                 2                 
Feat (Agility)             2
Feat (Intellect)          3
Feat (Perception)      2
Feat (Presence)        3
Feat (Strength)         2
Feat (Tenacity)         4
Fighting                    2
Language (Native: English)    4
Literacy                   2
Marksman               1
Misdirect                  2
Observation             2
Parapsychology       2
Performance (Acting) 2
Performance (Singing) 3
Persuade                  2
Regional Knowledge 1
Seduction                2
Stealth                    1

Qualities:
Assets:
-White (4)
-Latent & Erupted Para-psychic (0): Part of White Asset.
-Alluring (1) 1 Level is part of White Asset.
-Internal Clock (1)
-Internal Compass (1)
-Sexy Voice (1)
Drawbacks:
-Addiction (2) Moderate additiction to Alcohol/Tobacco.
-Compulsive Behavior (1), Fixated on hiding White features (Makeup, contacts, ect)
-Dark Secret (2) 'Nazzadi Traitor' Father.
-Oddity: (0) Unusual appearence & bearing (treat as Misfit (4), Watched (3) @ no cost, racial traits as part of White Asset.
-Shadow Walker (3)

Special Abilities
-Nightvision: Sight (black and white) in low light conditions up to 50 yards
-Para-Psychic: Natural born para-psychic (Latent Para-Psychic and Erupted Para-psychic)
-Strong Minded: +4 test bonus to all Fear and Instanity Tests.

Powers
Para-Psychic Powers
Primary School: Somatic
-Hyperagility: Student (+1 to Reflex, +1 to agility)
Insanity Test: Challenging/1 Insanity Point
Load Time: None    Difficulty: Easy
Orgone Initiation Cost: 1 for first hour, Maint Cost: 1 per hour
-Hyperspeed: Adept (x3 Speed, +2 Reflex, 2 Actions/Turn)
Insanity Test: Challenging/1 Insanity Point
Load Time: None Difficulty: Easy
Orgone Initiation Cost: 1 for first hour,  Maint Cost: 1 per hour

Insanity

Experience
Total Experience:           Spent:

Cheats:
+2 -Added Hyperspeed Somatic Power
+2 -Raised Hyperspeed skill to Novice
+2 -Raised Hyperspeed skill to Adept

Appearance:
Shapely and beautiful, Emerald has hidden her white heritage as much as she can using a variety methods with varying levels of success. Her lips are tattooed a normal pink, blue eye color contacts, her hair is typically dyed a platinum blonde and her skin tanned using a chemical treatments. Almost all methods fail under protracted use of her abilities though.
Her body no matter her coloration is that of a very attractive young woman with a noticeable figure and voice that is best described as a 'whiskey rich sultry' that draws notice whenever she speaks.

Personality:  Outgoing and exuberant when she has her 'face' on (the makeup) but tends to withdraw when her 'face' is threatened to be revealed. As a result she tries to avoid use of her abilities when she is out and about.
When she not made up, she tends to be withdrawn and does her best to not draw attention.

Aspirations: "Want do I want out of life? " To be an actress and singer, she is currently studying dramatic arts, creative writing and music with the intent of being a singer/actress. She has had some success in both fields in school as she grew up and tries to downplay her psychic powers as 'superfluous' to her goals. More realistically though she is trying to find a more pertinent role in life, though she is unaware of it.

Motivation:  She's trying to find something in life that would make her feel 'complete'. A justification for her abilities and what it all means. To find some reason for why Fate gave her them. She is just now becoming aware of these questions and the discontent in her life that she had never realized was there. She is trying to find a place in the world where she can be accepted for who and what she is.

Family: Emerald has very little in the way of 'family' since her mother was practically the single survivor of Arkham, Mass. at the beginning of the First Arcanotech War. She staggered from the outskirts wreckage with little or no information of her past. What her mother did during the war, Emerald hasn't ever learned.
She does know that her father was a documented supporter of Field Marshal Kyrsa, though her mother won't explain how she can to be conceived. What little experience she has had with the Nazzadi leads her to believe that she would be ostracized by the majority and quite possibly used as a 'trophy' by her father's remaining supporters so she has kept the secret to herself. Recently she has started looking into the Nazzadi culture though.

Childhood: Born to a single parent, and raised in solitude till she was 6 years old, Emerald exploded into the school scene as soon as she was allowed in public. With the exception of a few displays of her abilities and the mandatory testing by the government she worked hard to be the 'typical schoolgirl' as she learned of it from media. She was a very outgoing and busy girl, with a variety of clubs and hobbies to keep herself occupied though her 'exuberance' did on occasion show her efforts to compensate for the 'otherworldly' air her heritage brought to her surroundings.

Adult Life:  The arrival at college has shown Emerald a much wider world than her prior experiences had led her to believe.  She has already started to develop her physical abilities with active study in dance and physical training, and is starting to develop more confidence in her abilities. She has also discovered college parties and raves, as well as developed an very enthusiastic bi-sexual lifestyle though she hasn't really connected with anyone yet due to her secret.

AyeGill

Muse

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 22, 2011, 12:57:40 PM
Looking through the gear book to see how I get somethigns..not a lot a goodies for civilians. :D

Well, I finally described my computer and it's LAI. 

SargentToughie

You had me at giant robots. Is there still time for me to get on board here?
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Kunoichi

There might be, but even if there is, our particular game isn't likely to involve giant robots. ^^;

Anathanasia

Quote from: Kunoichi on April 23, 2011, 04:35:19 PM
There might be, but even if there is, our particular game isn't likely to involve giant robots. ^^;

I wouldn't be so sure about that...  ;)
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

Callie Del Noire

AyeGill

ReijiTabibito

Muse

Hey, boss, would it mess you up too have a prelude thread for just in character interaction? 

I know you're busy and don't have time to start this week, I respect that, just throwing the question out there. 

ReijiTabibito

I'll see what I can do on that end.  To note, only the characters in the Eldritch Society pre-game (you who aren't, you know who you are) would be able to interact.

I'll also see if I can't get up a character sheet thread before I start.