Legendary Souls (NC-Exotic, Legend System)

Started by ShadowFox89, June 19, 2013, 12:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Welcome to Terra. It is a world of dragon, demons, elves, dwarves, and orcs. A land of catgirls, kitsune, slimegirls, and so many other monsters. A medieval world on the brink of a Renaissance, science and magic are merged to make breathtaking wonders. It is also a world of harsh realities, where kingdoms clash over small pieces of land, and anyone not of the five main races (human, elf, gnome, dwarf, hafling) is considered a second class citizen.

Welcome to the Kingdom of Alteria. A rather large and powerful kingdom, duels of honor and noble champions are it's largest claim to fame. Of course, it is more than a little bit misogynistic, with the ruling class being composed almost entirely of men. Women are considered secondary citizens for the most part, but some move beyond the idea of simply being a mother and an object to be desired. There are those women who pick up the blade, because they have no husband or brother to defend their family's honor, or because such relatives are no longer living. Those that do so however, put themselves at greater risk than their male counterparts. It is considered a part of the duels for the winner of a duel against a female opponent to be able to rape them, to humiliate them fully, until they can win a duel against their victor.

But now turmoil has come to Alteria. The Dark Queen and Dread King Ilvar and Ilyan have killed the royal family and stolen the twin divine blades, the Soul Wind and Spirit Light. The steward of the crown has announced that, whoever brings forth the head of Ilvar and Ilyan, shall be named the new King or Queen of Alteria. A race for the crown has begun, and there can be only one.

So there's the general pitch. It's a bit of a mix between Soul Calibur (with the powerful, divine swords) and Queen's Blade. I'll be taking only female characters for this, and your opponents will be a mix of both genders, and both humanoid monster and humans, with the occasional slime beast and tentacled horror.

The game will be run using the Legend system from http://www.ruleofcool.com
Level 6 starting with either standard (16, 14, 14, 12, 12, 10) array or 28pt buy. I'll be putting up an application sheet soon. And to clarify, if you don't want your character attacked by a slime beast or tentacled horror, simply make that known. Characters should be humanoid in shape, with monstergirls such as catgirls and kitsune being in the style of the Monstergirl encyclopedia.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Siereis

Definitely highly interested in this!  Already I can see my Elf knight making a name for herself.  However, a few questions:

1.  If all you are taking is female characters, does that mean you are going to be playing as any and all the 'enemies'?  I only ask since that is a rather large responsibility.  If so, relatively how often do you foresee yourself posting?
2.  From what I understand both SoulCalibur and Queen's Blade had independent adventurers questing for the prize.  However, in this RP would we be working together instead?
3.  Roughly how many players are you looking for?
4.  Lastly, is the plot more open world based or single quest based?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing the answers.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Siereis on June 19, 2013, 01:21:16 AM
Definitely highly interested in this!  Already I can see my Elf knight making a name for herself.  However, a few questions:

1.  If all you are taking is female characters, does that mean you are going to be playing as any and all the 'enemies'?  I only ask since that is a rather large responsibility.  If so, relatively how often do you foresee yourself posting?
2.  From what I understand both SoulCalibur and Queen's Blade had independent adventurers questing for the prize.  However, in this RP would we be working together instead?
3.  Roughly how many players are you looking for?
4.  Lastly, is the plot more open world based or single quest based?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing the answers.

1. Players will be able to fight other players, but for the most part I will be managing the enemies. People can also opt to design their own area and be a mini-DM for a bit if they wish and manage the baddies for that zone.
2. Depends on how interaction goes. If you want to work with other PCs, go for it. If not, then you can go solo and won't be punished for it.
3. As many as I can get. This is a fairly new system, and I want to get people interested as much I can. And if I can get people helping out as co-DMs, even better. Co-DM would be mostly mechanics managing, but would be free to make their own plots within the setting, as long as it doesn't conflict with the overarching plot of acquiring the two swords.
4. Open world with an overarching plot. If you don't hunt for the swords, someone else will, and the world still moves ahead without you.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Siereis

Also, I looked over the rule set and it seems to be rather descent.  However, given that this rp will contain sexual content probably, how will that be handled?  Free form or something rule based?  Honestly I am fine either way but am just curious at this point.

ShadowFox89

Sexual content would be freeform, and there would be it's own thread for that so it doesn't slow down the main thread(s).
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

ShadowFox89

Because there's going to be a lot of bondage and NC going on, and I'm better at writing it for female characters than male.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

ShadowFox89

That's not to say it wouldn't be possible for male characters to join, but I'd rather have female and if you wanted to get into bondage or nc situations then it'd have to be with other PCs. Or PC run NPCs.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Siereis

I find that generally male characters (or at least their players) tend to resist any attempt to use bondage on their character to a fault.  If we were to include males, it might be better if they had other sexualized things happen to them...for example:  For some reason their armor gets disintegrated or something.  Aside from that they will have to probably be dominant themselves and not just wait for a female to try and bond them.

Hopefully that makes sense.

ShadowFox89

That's actually what I'm talking about a bit.

But! Character ideas. Shoot them at me, I'm willing to work with any character idea.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Siereis

For character ideas can we go freeform or are you looking for any specific details?

ShadowFox89

Just looking for general stuff at this point, but the game itself will be using the Legend system.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Here's a character sheet skeleton to fill out, to get a general gist of your character:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Class:[/b]

[b]Physical description:[/b]

[img]http://[/img]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Background:[/b]

[b]Ons:[/b] Things you'd be willing to do/have done.

[b]Offs:[/b] Things you don't want to do/have done.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Legend doesn't have a Sorcerer class, but otherwise looks good ^^'
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Siereis

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 20, 2013, 08:31:35 PM
Legend doesn't have a Sorcerer class, but otherwise looks good ^^'
Thanks..and actually, Shaman makes more sense with her background anyway.

ShadowFox89

By the look of her picture, Shama/Fire Elemental(ist) might work best ;)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Siereis

Also...in order to generate more interest you might want to consider fully opening this to male characters.  Just my thoughts.

ShadowFox89

Well, if I get someone poking their head in interested in playing a male, I'll open it up....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kimera

Might take a swing at this one.

Mind if I use this character again, modified for this game and setting

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=170382.msg8051434#msg8051434

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Muse

Hey, I'm interested. 

Let's see what I can come up with. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Sethala

I kinda need to get back into my RP'ing groove, but yeah, I'm interested.

ShadowFox89

Yay, more people. I hope to see some concepts..... And more people.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Pretty in Pink

Holy crap.  Is this game going to be full of people that I've RPed with?

Hey, Sethala, Kimera, and Muse.  And Hullo, Shadow.  I'm in.  If I can actually come up with a concept.
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP