[5E D&D] Acquisitions Incorporated: Now Hiring! [No Longer Hiring]

Started by Chulanowa, February 02, 2018, 05:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibliophilia

marauder13

Kathyan

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 05, 2018, 01:11:44 PM
Kathyan, for what it's worth, there actually is a barbarian Primal Path that casts sorcerer spells, starting at level 3. It's the Path of Sacred Kin, from Xanathar's Lost Notes to everything else. It uses Constitution as its spellcasting ability. I guess you beat the magic into submission? I dunno.
:o but I... sigh

So that's the only comment I get :(

well I don't have the Xanathar's lost notes and haven't checked them either, and we are not level 3 either and well that would be a different concept as well.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Kathyan on February 05, 2018, 08:58:35 PM
:o but I... sigh

So that's the only comment I get :(

well I don't have the Xanathar's lost notes and haven't checked them either, and we are not level 3 either and well that would be a different concept as well.

...Nice scepter?  XD

Yeah it doesn't come online 'til level 3. Just thought I'd mention in case of interest. She does seem like an appropriately inappropriate concept  :-)

InoshimaLance

Forgot to ask this, sorry:

What do you mean by one roll on the trinket table?

And what sort of magical items can we bring? Weapons? Armor? Some other type?

Kathyan

Quote from: InoshimaLance on February 06, 2018, 06:34:38 AM

There is a table on the player's handbook after the basic equipment and after getting a roll...
At 2018-02-06 08:51:50, Kathyan (uid: 58724) rolls: 1d100 Result: 1
I get a 1!, on a d100? That's... unusual. So a mummified goblin hand, guess she can somehow relate that to one of her ancestors.

And I was thinking of bringing a Staff of Adornment from xanathar's but reskinned into her great scepter if that's fine.

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 05, 2018, 09:34:23 PM
...Nice scepter?  XD

Yeah it doesn't come online 'til level 3. Just thought I'd mention in case of interest. She does seem like an appropriately inappropriate concept  :-)
Now speaking of ancestors, after some searching I was to get a look at the lost notes and well this archetype you mentioned does refer to ancestors too it would fit the concept.

Illven

Stephanie's got a 79

An invitation to a party where a murder happened.

"This is why I don't go to parties."

Chulanowa

Quote from: InoshimaLance on February 06, 2018, 06:34:38 AM

There's a table of trinkets you can roll on after the equipment section, like kathyan said. They're just unusual little items that you picked up along the way. curios, odd objects, and, to my way of thinking, possible plot hooks  ;D

And any "common" magical item. A potion of healing, a 1st-level or cantrip spell scroll, or one of the several options from Xanathar's Guide to everything. Some examples include
• Candle of the Deep: an otherwise normal candle that will stay lit underwater
• Staff of adornment: A staff that has the ability to make a small object (your spell focus, a light source, a kitten...) float around it in a small orbit.
• Cloak of billowing: use a bonus action to make it billow dramatically!
• Bead of Refreshment: A small gelatin pill that when eaten, serves as a full day's rations.
• Hat of Wizardry: A wizard-only item that can serve as a spellcasting focus, and allow you to try to cast a cantrip you don't know, once per long rest.
• Wand of Pyrotechnics: Can be used to produce non-damaging small fireworks displays.

Essentially, magic items that are very minor in effect, sort of "window dressing," or some very small momentary boon. If you want to come up with something of your own, I'm game for it.  :-)

Illven

What about a wand with a few prepackaged sounds.

Like a celebration sound, a dun dun dun sound, etc.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Illven on February 06, 2018, 10:01:03 AM
What about a wand with a few prepackaged sounds.

Like a celebration sound, a dun dun dun sound, etc.

Sure! Give it 3 charges and a set list of sound effects (5 or so). It regains all charges at dawn. If all charges are used, there's a 1-in-20 chance that it makes a sad trombone sound and stops working. Basically, this is a Wand of Conducting from Xanathar's, just with stock sounds instead of orchestral music  ;D

Bibliophilia

Stacie's sheet is complete, I believe.  -flops.-  She has a dragon talon necklace and a pouch of sounds.  I have no idea what she is gonna do with it, but it amuses me that she has essentially a magical whoopie cushion.

marauder13

Core concept of Roondar "Oneshoe" Nackle, Gnome Cleric of Lliira

I haven't found an image that fits how I see him, but I will settle on something soon-ish.

Description : Roondar is a typical Rock Gnome. He stands at a potent height of 4'2", and weighs in at a massive 41lbs. While he is young, a mere 41 years old, he does look more like an old man. He wears clothing that has seen better days, but as long as it covers all that needs to be covered, and is not filthy, he is fine with whatever he can scrounge, be gifted or afford to buy with the small allowance he leaves for himself. He does not, unless there is a very good reason for it, wear any footwear. Everytime he does, he seems to loose one of the pair. So, he has taken to keeping one shoe tied to the end of his staff is a vain hope that it will ward off whatever curse, or impish spirit, that keeps stealing only one shoe.

Personality : Roondar is someone who wants others not to be sad, and if possible, to be happy. He knows that everyone in the world has their place, and if they can be happy with what they have, and where they are, then he feels that their lives will be complete. If not, he will want to find a way of improving their lot in life. Within reason, he is happy to do whatever he can to bring it about. He has been know to remove some wealth from rich folk, and spread it out amongst the poor, or to purchase something that will assist them. While he understands that rules have their place, and their uses, Roondar chafes under them and will skirt the lesser laws to see to his goals. He is a firm believer that people should not be stifled in their lives, and pursuit of their dreams, as long as others don't suffer. Alvin is also curious about the world, and wants to see as much of it as he can, and find whatever little treasures, secrets, and (non-magical) wonders there are in the world.

History : Roondar grew up in a typical Rock Gnomish family, and as such shares the common love of tinkering, which he has used many times to spread joy to those about him. He was a mischievous youngster, always getting into minor trouble for his lack of regard to the rules, but deep down he always knew what lines were not to be crossed. It was during his troubling times, he found out about Lliira, and found the path of his life he had been missing. He left to join the nearest temple, and was accepted into her ranks where he proved himself true to the Goddess' calling. Not long after he was ordained, he left to bring the joy his Patron wants to share. While he is not a big one for preaching, he is more a doer of deeds, than a speaker of words.

InoshimaLance

For magical item: How about a self-concious yet dependant doll that is a bitch but also adorably tsundere and that can jump to enemies' faces, not dealing damage, but distracting. His words can also encourage some in the battlefield like:

"I bet your Mama is crying in bed for how weak you are... Or maybe it is "someone" else making her cry." It can raise your morale or take it down, maybe we dice it up. x3

Illven

If someone else has a sound box, I don't want to do the same thing.

I'm trying to think of other magical ideas.

Chulanowa

Quote from: InoshimaLance on February 06, 2018, 07:40:21 PM
For magical item: How about a self-concious yet dependant doll that is a bitch but also adorably tsundere and that can jump to enemies' faces, not dealing damage, but distracting. His words can also encourage some in the battlefield like:

"I bet your Mama is crying in bed for how weak you are... Or maybe it is "someone" else making her cry." It can raise your morale or take it down, maybe we dice it up. x3

While it is technically on-brand (AI, and all that), I think an animate self-aware doll is quite a bit beyond a common magical item. These items tend to not provide straight mechanical benefits, or if they do, it's one-use only (healing potions, scrolls, the food pills, etc), and they're usually really simple.

A doll like that might work as a familiar though...

Illven

Oh god, I had an idea.

An emotional support stuffed penguin.

With confidence boosting lines.

Such as

"I love you!" "You can do it!"

InoshimaLance

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 06, 2018, 11:33:56 PM
While it is technically on-brand (AI, and all that), I think an animate self-aware doll is quite a bit beyond a common magical item. These items tend to not provide straight mechanical benefits, or if they do, it's one-use only (healing potions, scrolls, the food pills, etc), and they're usually really simple.

A doll like that might work as a familiar though...

Hm... You are giving me ideas... I actually wanted to use the Spell "Find Familiar"... We can discuss that later, but maybe I could use a special one, x3.

InoshimaLance

Anyway, moving on to more important matters:

This is a rough concept yet but, since you want sillyness: How about a handsome man that has a serious Multiple Personality Disorder, so serious he talks about himself as We (Venom-like) and talks to his other personas (Gollum) and also the other personas are so different and the changes so random (United States of Tara) that he is kind of a Dramatic Humor, x3.

Chulanowa

InoshimaLance

Aster Draseil <---- Char Sheet

Class: Fighter
Race: Human (Variant)

Background:: An outcast bounty hunter that got away from the crowds just to fulfill missions he didn't get. Why did he do that? Kept food on the table, kept him away. He simply hated crowds for some reason. But even the most lonely wolf needs company. What happened to him? He developed a deep multiple personality disorder. For him, all his personalities are real, existing, and a community inside him. He has had drama, romance, skirmishes, whatever with them. Yet one simple analysis would show no sign of any actual mental disorder, he seems so normal most people simply freak out, specially when the creepiest 1-person-conversations happen. He joined Acquisitions Incorporated forced by one of his multiple personas, saying they needed more company. Or perhaps they wanted to get a booty? You can be certain one of them wants to kill you.

Sexuality: Gay
Fantasies:: Manly guys, Roughness, Masters, maybe a handsome hairy manly dwarf (or others), Himself?

So? I hope I can play to this level of quirkiness.

Illven

Chulanowa

Quote from: Illven on February 07, 2018, 10:27:46 PM
How is the emotional support penguin magic item.

Honestly simple enough that it could just be your trinket, like a pull-cord doll or something.

InoshimaLance

My trinket is a multicolored stone disk. Yet haven't decided my magic item, hehe.