Dungeon Delving? (Looking for 1 GM, and at least 1 Female Player)

Started by iridum248, September 11, 2009, 01:02:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iridum248

Background:

Another pleasant day in God's own country. The sun was shining, the birds singing- Or shrieking, depending on the bird in question- and the peaceful soundtrack told that nothing *too* bad was around. The town of Heroes' Hearth had been a mercifully quiet one, the countryside free of the near-constant sounds of running, hacking and blasting so common to the big city; Given the relative peace of the region, there hadn't been an adventurer here for *months*, something for which the good people had been grateful.

Of course, some people had said that building a village atop the notorious Wormcrawl Fissure- So named when a part of adventurers had, with typical style, laid waste to an evil god, who'd in turn laid waste to the surrounding landscape, in his death agonies- had been a *bad* idea, especially since countless tribes of teeming humanoids lurked within the darkness...Along with worse things, too!

Those naysayers have no idea of business. Something like a cottage industry had sprung up around the Fissure- Ready to feed the adventuring populace with spellbooks, weapons, potions, as well as the other paraphernalia of the rich adventuring caste; Wine, women, song...In fact, the town had long grown beyond its original boundaries, and was only spreading. Alas, adventuring season- That frenzied period of activity where the forces of evil where at their zenith, drawing down hordes of greed-crazed madmen to plunder the chasm- was just over, the hordes of darkness severely curtailed in number, lying low...Until next year.

Of course, with the danger at its ebb, this is time for those with...less savory desires to venture in...

Concept:

There's a common trend in high fantasy, with male characters meeting all sorts of exotic female creatures: Nymphs, dryads, succubi, demonic princesses offering their favors...And so on. In this game, though, I'm looking for someone to invert this...

The idea I've had is that two high-level female characters (I'll be playing as one) venture into the Fissure, in search of plunder...And something else, entirely. Maybe it's a dare, a bet gone wrong, or alcohol, but they're *very* partial to the male monsters the meet on their way...I've always had a fondness for the 'humanoid' races of orcs, goblins, ogres, and I find the idea of the tables being turned for once *verrrry* interesting.

I'll need one GM to role-play the various 'encounters' they meet...The girls are high-level enough that this is largely a game to them, though they *might* have severely underestimated the threat. Generally, though, it's a subversion- Instead of bodice-ripping NC, we have the female adventurers willing, even *eager* to get their hands on oh-so-manly creatures they meet...Though they might regret it when the drinks wear off the morning after. ^_^

Basically, this is a fun, romp-type game, though we *could* make it more serious. I'm just gauging interest for now...

Muse

Very neat, Iridium! 

Please look me up to GM if you can't find someone with more time on his hands! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RedEve

I love your idea and would be grateful for a chance to play the female character. If you check my recent posting history, I've been playing (and am still playing) a lot of maiden and barbarian type roleplays involving orcs and ogres, so this type of scene is right up my alley. :)
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Doomsday

Hello irid, if you or your GM need anyone to play these humanoid NPC's... Just let me know.

Muse

hey Josh, if you dont feel you can DM the game for them, maybe we could tag team the DM roll? 

Maybe i should be careful about sugesting that, I hve my car back now and my tabletop game life might start up agan... 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RedEve

Muse

Something has crossed my mind here, ladies. 

Of my DM connections, i don't think anyone but me could provide what you ask for, so i guess i'm your man.  *bows* 

sinera

O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Chloe Milev

Oo!  Ooo!  *Raises hand, stretching arm*  If you need a partner, or another partner, I'd like to!
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Muse

I'm taking my cues from Iridium here.  Also having a few computer issues right now. 

RedEve

I'd really like to play this still, but it is taking forever to get started. :(

iridum248

Guys, still looking for a DM. >_>

Chloe, sure! Glad to hear you're interested! ^_^

Lirliel

"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

RedEve

RedEve

Lirliel

So.. I'm game, if you girls don't mind a girl DMing for you!
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

RedEve

Lirliel

Erm was thinking maybe the girls will have some fun, considering their high level enough to play some games on a few of the 'tribes' living in the dungeon. Gnolls/Orcs/Goblins/Kobolds/Bugbears. With them working as 'agents' for a tribe of Minotaurs who just want to see the dungeon go crazy with monster vs monster fighting. And well, the girls get hired, or shanghaid, maybe the Minotaurs tell them that they'll go back to town and reveal just what these two women were doing in the dungeon ;)

RedEve

Lirliel

That was my plan.. yes, unless you happen to have them just agree because they want to see the monsters kill eachother as well. (They screw with the top men of each tribe.. well after having some fun with guards/shamans etc.) to accuse the other of certain things, or nicking things from the various tribes and planting them.

RedEve

Why do the minotaurs want a war to start amongst the dungeon folk.

Lirliel

Cause they want the dungeon all to themselves! Bit of a housing problem and whoever gets left behind, well they can mop them up. Besides maybe the gobbo's or the kobolds, having servants is handy. But the rest they'll kill of, now, they can't just go from tribe to tribe doing it themselves, so they want a nice interspecies war.

Chloe Milev

Yay, neato!  Subverting the dungeon politics sounds fun.  Hmm, how powerful were you thinking of our characters?  What immediately came to mind was a level 20 Monk, or possibly Astral Deva or Ghaele Eladrin.  Of course, there are all sorts of naughty things a drunk high-level wizard could do.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Lirliel

Well if the other two ladies don't mind, I wouldn't mind her tagging along with them as well. As for high level was thinking something 16/18 levelish, capable of handling most normal monsters. And a monk is hawt :D