Recruiting for Triomphe de Noir - Slots open! - UPDATED 5/7/2013

Started by Red Offerings, April 20, 2013, 03:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Offerings

It is the age where man has become a minority, a time where other creatures often outnumber humans at a ratio of 5 to 1. Perhaps there are still humans out there who believe they are the only upright, upward thinking kind out there, but most are well aware that just because one appears mortal, doesn't mean they are. The year is 3015, and these are uncertain times indeed. It seems every age or so, the world of mankind must go through a spasm of growing pains, its limbs forcefully spreading further and further away from its body. Humankind seems to be able to exist quite happily within some level of ignorance, and for centuries a kind of tense peace has ruled between the trio of races of humans, werewolves and vampire.

Mankind though has always been a begrudging middle man between the vampire and werewolf. They are the weaker of the trio and often find themselves the victim whenever the two others wage war. There has not been a werewolf and vampire war in over three centuries. Sure, there have been reported conflicts, but as the centuries had crawled along, the general population of both felt it was time to reel in the anchor of war and assume at least a neutral peace with one another.

What could possibly damage such an intellectual notion? To those of werewolf blood and vampire lineage, the world was now as perfect as it was ever going to be. Time marched on, technology was produced and fine tuned, driving man towards the stars, extending his own life, purifying genetics so that each human possessed an intellect and strength that could possibly equal the vampire or werewolf. Humans had always sought to extend themselves, so it was never anything to think about when they succeeded. It always took a century just to change one little thing in the human genome...

The homosapien had grown tired of playing victim in the thousands of years that vampire and werewolf had coexisted with mankind. Dragged as unwilling sacrifices during ages of blood gorging, their daughters butchered for the sake of beauty and eternal youth or taken and coupled with, contorted and transformed into a beast! Humans, always dismissed as simple creatures, lacking any real ability to pose a significant threat, but always good enough for a meal. It had taken ages for man to create, test, fail, begin again, and at last succeed in mutating his genetics to the point where he might finally one day stand eye to eye with a vampire, nose to nose with a werewolf, and unleash his vengeance upon them all!

In this dark and troublesome time, who will triumph, and where will you be standing when
the line is drawn?

THREAD -------> https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=171917.0

What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle.

Koekje

Sci-Fi Vampire/Werewolf story where humans aren't completely trash compared to them? Sign me up! :)
He who acts honestly, hardly ever meets with trouble,
he who speaks honestly, hardly ever escapes trouble.
O'O's

Red Offerings

Quote from: Koekje on April 20, 2013, 05:27:59 PM
Sci-Fi Vampire/Werewolf story where humans aren't completely trash compared to them? Sign me up! :)

Haha, yeah I thought it was right about time that humans got to be something other than prey!
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle.

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Oldknight

this looks like it could be real fun, I am down for this

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Kaiten

Red Offerings

Wow! Well, alright. Since there's quite a bit of interest, I will go ahead and make a thread.

I am going to ask this, does anyone think they'll be interested in doing anything non-con? If that's a distinctive possibility, I will put this up in that forum, otherwise the thread will go up in the Light forum.

zetzal

I'm game fo non-con and whatever species is needed. So I have a few questions none of which have anything to do with whethero not I partisipate, i'm just curious.
1: was this inspired by the group rp at H.E under the same name or just coinsidence?
2: (this one may determain whether I want play a wolf) do the wolves turn on the full moon or just when they want to?
3: Also are they bipedal (can walk on two legs) or do they just turn into a large wolf?
4: Retain sel awarness or just black out?
So many variables with the werewolves so i'm sorry to have to ask all these questions.

Kokaine

Having just submitted another character elsewhere, I am going to have to withdraw my interest. I simply would be over my limit if I tried to take this game on too.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Red Offerings

Quote from: zetzal on April 21, 2013, 10:48:10 AM
I'm game fo non-con and whatever species is needed. So I have a few questions none of which have anything to do with whethero not I partisipate, i'm just curious.
1: was this inspired by the group rp at H.E under the same name or just coinsidence?
2: (this one may determain whether I want play a wolf) do the wolves turn on the full moon or just when they want to?
3: Also are they bipedal (can walk on two legs) or do they just turn into a large wolf?
4: Retain sel awarness or just black out?
So many variables with the werewolves so i'm sorry to have to ask all these questions.

Alright.

Answer 1: No, just a coincidence I guess. Never heard of H.E.
Answer 2: These werewolves are more wolf than you're horror-move projected were-wolf. All of them can turn when they want to, but there is a stronger pull to do so during a full moon. Young were-wolves find that pull irresistible and usually turn whether they want to or not during a full moon.
Answer 3: (I'll be posting the descriptions for the races in the thread, but I can answer this for you now) Were-wolves in this RP will be able to do both. They can turn into bipedal beasts OR full wolf. That's a matter of preference. My character is going to be the female alpha, she'll prefer her full wolf form.
Answer 4: Young were-wolves during a full moon might black out because they haven't harnessed themselves yet. But they are kept under very careful control so that they don't go around slaughtering people anymore.

Don't worry about it, I don't mind answering. I'm going to make the thread now, you guys will have plenty to read.

Red Offerings

Updated with link to thread! Everything is up and read to go!

Red Offerings

Alright, the link is at the bottom of the original posting. Also, I made the profile thread and posted my character's profile. Once a profile is approved, I will send a person the link to the profile thread so that 1) you can take a look at my character's profile to get a general idea of how things ought to look and 2) so that you can then -- AFTER approval -- post your profile in the profile thread where you will be able to edit it as necessary.

Vaulera

Hello! I couldn't help but have an interest in this game! It combines two things that I love, the gothic mythology and the sci-fi. I would absolutely love to be a part of this roleplay, if there is still room available. Just a forewarning and a question or two. I haven't done a group roleplay in a long while, so I may be a bit rusty on the whole turn order reply kind of schedule. The questions would be, what kind of technology will be involved in the actual fighting itself? What kind of body armour,  cybernetics, etc. would be involved in that? Also, would the vampires have found a solution to bloodlust, and just indulge for the sake of indulgence, or are they still bound by the curse? Also, sunlight, how does sunlight affect a vampire. Though inside a space-station or a ship I can't imagine this is too important.

Red Offerings

Quote from: Vaulera on April 21, 2013, 04:12:24 PM
Hello! I couldn't help but have an interest in this game! It combines two things that I love, the gothic mythology and the sci-fi. I would absolutely love to be a part of this roleplay, if there is still room available. Just a forewarning and a question or two. I haven't done a group roleplay in a long while, so I may be a bit rusty on the whole turn order reply kind of schedule. The questions would be, what kind of technology will be involved in the actual fighting itself? What kind of body armour,  cybernetics, etc. would be involved in that? Also, would the vampires have found a solution to bloodlust, and just indulge for the sake of indulgence, or are they still bound by the curse? Also, sunlight, how does sunlight affect a vampire. Though inside a space-station or a ship I can't imagine this is too important.

Hello! Yes, there is still room as I just made the thread today. I have people who are going to be sending profiles, but nobody has yet. The actual OOC thread has all of the answers to your questions. I am including the link below, but I will also PM it to you as well.

Go here -------------------------> https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=171917.0

Red Offerings

I'm making this the "recruiting thread" for the role play. You can ask questions here OR you can ask questions in the OOC thread which is linked in the original post at the top of the thread.

bubby

Inquiry:

Does the Male Coven Leader need to be heterosexual?

Red Offerings

bubby

Then methinks I like the idea of trying for the male coven leader...

Red Offerings

Quote from: bubby on April 21, 2013, 07:39:34 PM
Then methinks I like the idea of trying for the male coven leader...

By all means! I'll add you too the roster so that people can see you're working on a profile for it. All you need to do is copy the skeleton on the OOC page, paste it into a PM, fill it out with as much detail as you want, and shoot it on over to me!

bubby

;D

I'll spend some time reading through you're wonderfully extensive idea posts first, so I get the details right, and I'll work on that CS! I hope to be able to get it to you later tonight.

Red Offerings

phoenyx

This is a rather facinating spin. I'd be interested in playing a Human since I see in the other thread none of the slots have been chosen as of yet.
♪ But my secrets are so safe
The only one who gets me ♪

O/O

Red Offerings

Quote from: phoenyx on April 21, 2013, 08:06:47 PM
This is a rather facinating spin. I'd be interested in playing a Human since I see in the other thread none of the slots have been chosen as of yet.

Yeah! I had a couple people express interest in the humans, they haven't gotten back to me yet. But sure! Is there a specific role you'd like to do a profile for? I can add your name to the slot to let people know it's being applied for.

phoenyx

the Char pic I've chosen from your artwork request I think would work for the Advisor role.... well I should say the several pics of the same woman anyway... it's the Purple Fortune Teller.. or she could fit for General Populace too, whereever you need me.
♪ But my secrets are so safe
The only one who gets me ♪

O/O