Anyway, I'll have a post up as soon as I get to a keyboard :P

Gladiator0161

Lol, np man. Good to see that you're still with us. :D

kingmaster1

Oh totally, wouldn't drop out of something this cool :P

kingmaster1

There we go, got Minella into the college and eating while walking about ;D

Gladiator0161

Nice! Thanks for getting to it so fast King Master1. Now it's Asher17's turn to post. Now, we can do another round of milling about and do some more character development, or we can get this meeting started and get onto the adventure, doesn't really matter to me either way.

It's up to you Asher, do whatever you feel up to doing :D

Ok, so I have a bit of a modifier to add to this post, and I wanna talk to you guys about horses, since we're going to be getting under way with the main story pretty soon. I would like to be horse free once we get away from Winterhold, and my argument follows below.

Horses

Now personally, I love horses. They're beautiful, majestic, intelligent creatures and riding horses helped me improve my hand writing when I was a kid, because I had seizures when I was really young, and so an after affect of that was that my hands shook. So, I have alot of fond feelings and respect for horses. That being said however, for the life of an adventurer and the purposes of this story, horses will just get in the way of things, and so won't be allowed beyond the city of Whiterun.

Why Whiterun? Well for one, it's warmer there, and because eventually our adventuresome path will take us by there. So, if you want your character to have a horse, they can bring it to Winterhold, join the meeting, and leave with it from Winterhold and take it with them to Whiterun. Leaving it in Winterhold is a death sentence because of how cold it is there, realistically, the horse would freeze and die in such a freezing environment. Also, Winterhold does not have a horse stable, and Whiterun does. Plus, you can pay an npc to take care of your horse, and that's where it will remain for the duration of the rp, and it'll be safe.

Reasons against horses in this rp

1: Your character will have to to take care of them.

Yes, like real animals in real life if they get hungry, sick, or wounded, your character will have to take care of those needs.

2: Horses, like other animals, have a limited intelligence, and act on instinct.

So, if your horse gets frightened, or you get ambushed by say, a Sabre Cat? You will most likely get thrown off and injured yourself. If there is a Necromancer cave that just spews an evil aura/feeling, and your horse is nervous and does not want to move, or go anywhere near that place, you run the risk of getting thrown off and losing your horse anyway, because it will run off to get away from whatever is frightening it. The less drastic of that scenario is that it just won't move, and will refuse to obey your commands. Thus, when you return for your mount, you will have to go and look for it because it will wander off a ways in order to make itself feel safe. Also, you run the risk of getting your character seriously hurt, or killed by being trampled by your own horse, or another players horse.

3: They die easily.

Now, I'm not saying that if you have a horse that was raised around battle, that it'll scare easily, or won't put up a fight but, let's face it, Elder Scrolls is not known for it's weak enemies. Will a horse kill a bandit? Yes. Will it kill a Wolf, Mountain Lion, or small Daedric monster like a Scamp, or Imp? Most likely. Will it kill a Daedric monster like a Fire Atronauch, Frost Atronauch, Storm Atronauch, a small Daedra Lord, or Xivillai? No. Will it kill Werewolves? No, not if they're healthy. Vampires? Same thing. Not if they're healthy. What about Ogres, Minotaurs, or Mages? No, and definitely no. As for the Mage, it depends on whether he's distracted by something.

4: They're a hindrance.

Plain and simple, they can't go everywhere that a player can, and realistically, they can't go straight up the side of a cliff like they can in the game. So, if we have to get to a place that your horse can't travel to, you're going to have to leave it behind, and there's no guarantee that a hungry Troll, Sabre Cat, Wolf, Bear, or Giant won't make a meal out of your mount. Additionally, your horse could be stolen by a npc character as your character is off somewhere else.

These are the risks that all of us will take, myself included, if we take horses on our journey.

Reasons for horses

1: They decrease travel time. This is the single biggest reason that I could think of when contemplating whether or not to disallow horses.

Example of what I mean: Walking distance from Winterhold to Whiterun on a straight path, will take us 4 days to travel. Riding a horse from Winterhold to Whiterun will take us a day and a half, at a run. And that's if we run them most of the day. Really though, the whole point of the story is to have fun and explore things while we try to find the instigator behind the rampant destruction throughout Tamriel. So, having a horse is still a bad idea.

2: They will keep your character warm at night. Like all warm blooded creatures, they're bodies produce heat. Duh :P

3: Should your character start to starve, they are a source of food. I wouldn't want to kill my own horse off though to eat.

Now, as always, this decision is up for discussion but, please take into account all the negatives that I have pointed out up above.

Asher17

Given the discussions we've had previously (Glad and I, that is) and the argument you've laid out
here, I'm in favor of leaving the beauties behind to ride -and live- another day.  C:)

In point of fact, in the thread it was stated that the College had its own stable. If people want, they
are free to leave their mounts behind in Winterhold under the watchful eye of the Mages (Rune the
Archmage, specifically). Given the temperatures and current inclement weather Winterhold is currently
experiencing, we can assume the horses will be moved inside --and yes, you can be assured of the
animals' safety. This story isn't about horses so there's no point in having anything happen to them
if they're left at the College. Plus, that would kinda be a dick move. xD

Now onto the explanation: When I say leave the mounts behind, I mean either: 1) leave them
at the College as said above 2) leave them at the stables once the group reaches Whiterun.

I'd be fine with having them around for the first little leg of the trip, but like Gladiator pointed out,
sooner or later the horses are going to end up a hindrance and possibly even a distraction from the
meatier, or juicier (I'm hungry, shaddup D:) elements of the story and character development and/or
interaction.

And let's just be clear. I find the thought of constantly having to worry about peoples' mounts tedious
and boring, therefore my character Asher isn't going to help someone who's silly enough to try to bring
something (like a horse) along that is only going to end up slowing us down, taking up valuable resources,
or that just doesn't fit with the various locales and scenarios the group will be dealing with. Not only
is this consistent with Asher's personality and background, but it addresses the meta-game here.

Boom. xD

kingmaster1

Minella will leave Butter in Whiterun, she has a fence there who will treat him well >.>

Plus, Butter is used to more heated climates, so whiterun is better than winterhold

Gladiator0161

I totally forgot that you made up that the College has their own stables Asher. Makes sense now that I think about it though, lol. Not every Mage can just teleport to wherever he wants to go, lol (Zurik can't either btw, just so you know. I mean, he's looked into it sure but, it's one of those mysteries of magic that he's still trying to understand and perfect xD).

Good to know Kingmaster :)

Understand though, that we're not forbidding the taking of horses on the journey, we're just strongly advising against it. If you want to write in everything that has to be done with a horse on a adventure like this, go ahead but, be warned..you most likely won't get any help from our pc's.
Since Illindale's a nice guy, he might help once or twice, if asked, but, otherwise even he wouldn't help, and it'd be useless to ask Galamar, cuz he definitely wouldn't help, even when asked xD

kingmaster1

yeah, so it's just better to leave the horse somewhere it'll be safe since it would most likely die on the journey, and Minella loves butter, she doesn't want him hurt >.>

It will be easier to ride down the mountains with him, though... So, yeah, Whiterun :P

till then I'll take all the writing that goes with a horse for the moment, the first leg should be fairly simple.

Gladiator0161

Alright, sounds good Kingmaster :)

Now that that's over with, I can't wait to press onto the main event! xD

kingmaster1

Also, I've left Minella fairly open for anyone who would like to talk with the curvacious thief :P

Also, for anyone wondering, she's very dominant in bed ;)

Asher17

Sounds good! Nice post by-the-by EvilMegaCookie, me likey. C:)

I'm juggling a few different things this evening but I'm going to try
to post again tonight so we can keep this ball a-movin'. ~

Aadreal

I posted for Medora.  My fingers got away from me and I sort of...ummm...elaborated on what the Gladiator told me to say.  So it might change if I need to retcon it.

kingmaster1

Minella has a total lady boner for Madora :3

Gladiator0161

You guys are making this hard on me, lol. Now I gotta write a good length post without revealing anything early *glares* :P

Though, Galamar's reaction to Medora's actions will be easy to write *snickers*

Addy: I can't see anything in your post that I would needs modification, and thus I say to you "well done good miss! Most impressive!"

Asher: Same to you man, I love the whole speech from another's point of view angle you did.

Kingmaster: Minella's not the only one ;) xD

Aadreal

Glad you guys....approve?  Though Medora would look harshly upon any aroused by her tale. She is not happy with the lengths she had to go to.

kingmaster1

We're not turned on by the story XD

Minella just wants someone to cuddle at night :P

Aadreal

I should know better than to reply when I've just woken up.  Allow me to clarify.  Medora is disgusted by what she had to do.  While she'd managed to keep it in the back of her mind, this was the first time she'd told anyone.   So ot is all fresh once more.  The screams, the begging, the smell of them losing their bowels.  Fighting am armed opponent is one thing. Torturing a victim is another.  So any approach of a sexual or romamtic nature for a good while would be rejected harshly.

And sorry KM. Medora isn't a cuddler.

kingmaster1

Damn >.>

I guess the cuddling will be skipped then...

Anyway, I can understand that, traumatic events and all.

Gladiator0161

While I am not against romance between player's characters, please keep in mind that we are keeping that aspect of this roleplay  thread PG KingMaster. ;)

If you want more explicit writing material, please keep it through the personal messaging system and don't add it to the story later.

Just a general reminder for everyone.

kingmaster1

*hides riding crop* oh right...I forgot about that...my bad :P

Gladiator0161

EvilMegaCookie

Hm. I am tempted to write a post, but I guess it's not my turn right now. Argh! I want to write. My character is hungry. And cold.

Aadreal

I know the order was important for Rune and the Medora to speak.  Not sure if it is now. *shrugs*  Hopefully Gladiator or Asher will be able to pop on and let you know.

Gladiator0161

Yeah, go ahead and post EMC, it shouldn't affect much. Just don't move the over all game's story forward because I need to do some stuff with Brathus, and that's my job :P. Then I'll incorporate your post along with my other characters. I plan to post this evening sometime, just to let you know.