Desire and Dreams from Kingdom of Volt, Boys against Girls (Pathfinder, PvP)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, September 09, 2014, 06:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xerial

Famous deed: Knocked a dragon out with one punch. Totally going with that... yup.

MiraMirror

Pft, get on my level, sir.

"Knocked out a horde of cultists...with a piece of parchment."
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Xerial

*polite cough* "Made dragon his bitch."

Of course that'll take some doing to work out just how the heck it'd be possible.  ;D

Fetysh

Easily, almost all dragons can polymorph themselves heh.

And I've totally switched over to a psion telepath. Cuz who doesn't love insane telepaths goin' around and thinking into everyone's thoughts.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Xerial

Raelice: Not sure if you have considered it, but the Investigator is a bit sneaky, a flexible fighter, and gets some sexy bonuses to information gathering and such.

Xerial

*innocent whistle* I didn't just drop a PM to our GM about something a bit eccentric that's tied to a mighty deed, nope.

Fetysh

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kaliatas on September 12, 2014, 07:05:21 PM
I think I'm going to have my cohort us player classes. Should I design them? Or do you want me to leave that to you?

Also, I take back what I said about having too any resources, castles, especially moving ones, are expensive :(

You can design your cohorts and your followers. Either GM or other player can play your cohort as you wish (or play cohort yourself whichever is preference). Daern's Instant Fortress is ideal mobile fortress if want one (albeit expensive wondrous but nice). But Landlord+Leadership combo is only for people who build castles and stick on the single area really.

If you want airship though, we use eberron explorer's guide rules about them for easy reference.

Quote from: ThatOneShrroth on September 12, 2014, 06:45:07 PM
Mmmm, I can't say that any of these prestige classes appeal to me that much...I see her as a very confrontational character, so something like barbarian could work, or possibly bloodrager (from the new Advanced Classes Guide).  I also imagine she wouldn't be above dirty fighting (disarming, sundering armors, tripping, punching a male opponent in the dong), and I think making the opponent flat-flooted would actually help her quite a bit...Halp? ;o;

Bloodrager is okay, if want get foe flat-footed there are various ways to do it; improved feint being one (just get bluff as class skill).

Quote from: Raelice on September 12, 2014, 08:25:03 PM
So I'm looking at more of a sneaky information gatherer instead of a straight up fighter, would infiltration be an option?

There is place, the game is PvP but any methods of combat/warfare are all applicable (including infiltration/disguises/assassinations/sabotage). But do note even as master disguise guy you have famous alias or call name.

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 12, 2014, 08:09:20 PM
Actually, think I might go Arcanist....

Ok, works. Just pick one class and make char and be happy with it :).

Kaliatas

MiraMirror

Zaer Darkwail

She is intended to be :P. A 12th level chars must be scary, powerful, epic or skilled (or otherwise awe inspiring).

Anyways note on cohorts; in Kingdom of Volt has been past 20 years new baby children taught no ability to read, nor fight nor cast spells. They can cook, dance and serve for male's pleasure, that's it. Even doctors, healers and other people capable to read are all men in Kingdom of Volt (this is part of women's oppression in kingdom). So any woman which you pick as cohort as male must come somewhere else and one or another must be strictly under your control (or broken). Of course male second commands are preferred in Kingdom of Volt universally (as they give no respect to women even if their commander is high command).

In females side considering males had betrayed cities in past no men are allowed into any political nor military nor economic positions. So it limits women's options for cohorts to fellow females mostly or powerful monsters. Or husbands.

Xerial

Spoilers: -DC: 25 Check-

Strength: Capable of knocking out a Young Adult Dragon
Weakness: Maintains sway over Cohort with Magic

MiraMirror

Zaer Darkwail

If needing build advices, I can provide for you Shrroth :). I doubt male side would provide helpful tips :P.

MiraMirror

I'm not gonna lie, I foresee a lot of compulsion things...;_;

They feel so cheap to meeeee. ;o;  (Also, I might take you up on that, Zaer, but I'm discussing a backstory first.)

Xerial

Zaer Darkwail

Is Xerial's relationship with his dragon similar how Zero from Drakengard 3 (or Drag-on 3) had with Micah? Example;

http://youtu.be/araVCazOMqE?t=1m7s

MiraMirror

So pardon me if I missed it, but what about traits? Do we get those, or what? :x

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ThatOneShrroth on September 12, 2014, 11:00:53 PM
So pardon me if I missed it, but what about traits? Do we get those, or what? :x

Oh, I forgot. You get max 2 traits and can pick any campaign traits, just reflavor them properly if needed to fit for this game.

Ghostwheel

Name: Malerith

Race: Half-elf

Background:

Prologue
Malerith's story begins with bloodshed and sweat. His father was unknown, having been one of the countless men who had raped his mother in the ritual meant to birth a being of destruction such as the world had never seen, a champion of evil that could bring whole nations to their knees. Malerith was born screaming into the world, killing his mother in the process, and was taught from an early age to devote himself to the art of weaponry and magic.

Act 1
Malerith grew up in the temple dedicated to chaos and bloodshed. Many a man were dropped at his feet, and he was forced to kill one after another with no chance of naysaying his tutors, strange men in deep robes that refused to show their faces. They stripped him of positive emotions there, forcing him to turn dagger, then sword, and finally his falchion upon men weeping for pity and mercy from the half-elf boy with solid eyes belying no emotion whatsoever.

When not at this gruesome act, he spent time learning of sword and sorcery sparring with the men, or Pip, a boy his age. They slowly grew to become close friends, and often joked or rough-housed. Pip was better at the sword than young "Mal", but Malerith outstripped him when it came to the art of magic and its uses. If Mal could end the fight quickly, he often won; however, if Pip could outlast the enchantments the Mal placed upon himself, he found himself easily beating the smaller boy. Upon reaching their teenage years, Malerith continued honing himself to an edge-point until one day the unthinkable happened. It had been a long day, and Malerith had been killing men by the dozens until he reached the last supplicant, a man with a bag over his head. At the sword-stroke, the priests tore the bag from the man's head only to reveal Pip, skewered on Mal's sword-edge.

Strength: Can use both spells and sword-fighting.
Weakness: Relies on buffs, which can be stripped by waiting long enough or through dispelling.

Act 2
With a cry, Malerith launched himself at the robed figure who laughed and danced back. Time after time Malerith swung his blade and called on his magic, but to no avail. He then used his magic carelessly, flinging spell after useless spell at the robed figures who laughed as they batted away his magic with barely any effort. Finally, his magic spent, Malerith did what he could, launching himself forward with his sword. His blows were parried and flung aside by the thick cudgel the man produced before knocking Malerith unconscious with a few well-placed blows.

Malerith woke up in a dank cell where men had been stored. He gathered himself and crept from it and out into the keep where he had been kept, now absolutely deserted. Vowing to himself that he would wreak his vengeance upon the men who raised him, he left the keep and began his journey. Full of anger and revenge, he destroyed entire villages he passed by, and even managed to flush out a few of the black-cowled men and defeat them. But he always remembered the voice of he who laughed, and it spurred him ever onwards. Unaware, he destroyed the villages who harbored enemies of Volt, gaining the conqueror's attention then, who kept a hidden eye on the man as he continued his rampage.

Strength: Can resist most offensive spells, and has a decent AC despite the fact that he goes around relatively unarmored.
Weakness: Fairly low HP for a fighter-type, damage can bring him down far more easily than a trained swordsman.

Act 3
It was years later when he finally cornered he who laughed. Mal had grown in power, and his name brought terror into the hearts of the good people of the land, but always he travelled, destroying everything in his path in the name of vengeance and destruction. When confronted by an adversary he could not destroy, he would tap into his abilities and the magical items he had acquired to pass right by them, wait until the opportune moment, and kill them then. He laughed at the mighty heroes, the witches and champions who had been sent against him. In their moment of carelessness they were as defenseless as newborn babes, and he made sure to make short work of all of them.

Finally, after many years of travel he had found traces of he who laughed. He had tirelessly made pursuit the man, and finally caught him upon a cliff's edge. There, their battle ensued, the two fighting against each other back and forth against the rain-streaked clifftop while lightning clashed overhead as though cheering each on. Scores of wounds littered the man's body, while Malerith was relatively unharmed. In a fit of desperation, the man rushed and wrestled with Malerith, who found himself unable to wrench himself free from the man's embrace. Rolling on the cliff, Malerith found himself flagging, and with an act of desperation threw both of them off the cliff.

The man had been wounded, and landed broken with Malerith atop him at the base of the cliff while waves lapped at their clothes. With a chuckle, the man died, but not before finally intoning his success. "Now, you are complete," he laughed, cackling as though he had reached the greatest joy possible, and then passed from the world. As he died, his body collapsed in on itself, destroying the area for miles in every direction, and eliminating some key villages who had been resisting Volt's Kingdom for some time. When the destruction had passed, only Malerith remained, unconscious, to be found by Volt's soldiers and brought back to have an offer made.

Strength: Can transform himself into a monstrous form, sometimes with more than the usual pair of arms.
Weakness: Malerith isn't very good at close fighting, and can be neutralized without too great of a problem by being grappled.

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, elf, human and orc with marid bloodline as sorcerer? Quite a mix there :P. Anyways build looks okay but I wonder why you got blackblood oracle just 1 level there. Dark Resilience works only 1/day and you could benefit more from level in eldricth knight (my opinion anyways). Although orisons could be useful and some oracle first spells as well.

Ghostwheel

Mostly so I can heal myself like a paladin can using Corrupting Touch, since I'm treated as undead.

Healing as a swift action is win.

Xerial

Going Half-Orc for Casimir, grapple/Intimidate heavy. Details ongoing. Sleep needed.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ghostwheel on September 13, 2014, 08:05:17 AM
Mostly so I can heal myself like a paladin can using Corrupting Touch, since I'm treated as undead.

Healing as a swift action is win.

Ah, forgot the corrupting touch, clever move there.