So some fictional characters gather round to play Pathfinder...

Started by Angie, June 13, 2016, 07:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

I like to do a silly thing and think of how various characters from various forms of media might play a game of Pathfinder, or some other tabletop game. For my first trick, I'll do Undertale.

Alphys would be the GM, since she'd have memorized every book and be able to snap off the rules in a heartbeat. And while Undyne would be a party member, she wouldn't go easy on her GF, because Undyne's only interested if she's being challenged, so...

Frisk would ask Alphys if the Book of Exalted Deeds was allowed, and then proceed to make a character with the Oath of Poverty and Oath of Non-Violence. This would set them up for that one Prestige Class that can banish the motherhumping Balrog by saying "BAD BOY! GO TO YOUR ROOM!"

Toriel would play a Cleric of Saranrae, taking Fire and Healing, and okay basically she'd play herself, team mom and everything. She would lay the smackdown on anyone with the gall to harm her party.

Papyrus wouldn't really understand what was going on, but he'd probably play a Fighter who was officially hired by the King of the land to go fight bad guys. Alternatively, he might sink a lot of points into social skills and end up being the party's face if Toriel didn't do it.

Undyne would be a righteous Paladin, striking down evil wherever it be! She may murder the dice she rolls, though...

Mettaton would play a glamorous Sorcerer type, possibly Fey-Blooded. If he was a member of the party, he would certainly be the Face. And he would charm EVERYONE!

Asgore might go Druid, actually, considering his green thumb. And may have to heal himself because Tori certainly won't.

Flowey would be THAT GUY. You know that guy. That guy who insists on bringing an evil character to a good party, even though Undyne is sitting right there with her Paladin.

Sans would be there if Pap was there, and would probably play a Wizard or some character that can support his bro. He might even be a Bard, playing Megalovania for the fights.

So, guys, how would other fictional characters play some table top? And what misadventures would all our parties get into?
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Drowdeviant

Is it wrong that I think San's wizard would basically be a chaotic neutral skeletor, just to troll the others?

[img=Myah! >:)]https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/skeletor.jpg?w=748&h=553&crop=1[/img]
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Angie

If you're gonna do that, Drow dearest, use url tags and the link goes next to the =, with the words being between the tags.

[url=link here]words here[/url]
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

TheGlyphstone

Eh, why not.

Heavy would play a Barbarian. No complications, no fancy powers or conditional abilities, just muscles and toughness and smashing.

Soldier would play a Paladin. COMMUNISTS are EVIL. Paladins fight EVIL. Therefore, a Paladin is the best at fighting COMMUNISTS.

Medic would play a Wizard, probably specializating in Transmutation. Experimentation gets so much easier when 'physics' and 'actual test subjects' get added to the list of things you can ignore.

Engineer would play a Cleric. He'd see the rest of the team focusing on crazy offense and be smart enough to know they'd need someone patching their characters up afterwards.

Scout would play a Monk. They're fast and punchy and BAM and he'd totally be all over the idea of kung fu fighting some badass monster in the face.

Spy would play a Rogue, of course. Most of his actions would be by passing notes to the DM, since he'd always be either Stealthed or Disguised somehow.

Demoman would be a Sorcerer whose entire loadout was assorted Evocation spells, maximizing his in-game destructive potential to match his professional habits.

Sniper would be a Fighter. He'd pick a high-damage two-handed weapon to specialize in, and hunt down fifteen obscure optional splatbooks to tweak his damage to one-hit-KO levels.

Pyro would sit at the end of the table doodling on their blank character sheet all session, and never actually participate.

Oniya

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on June 29, 2016, 10:57:50 PM
Pyro would sit at the end of the table doodling on their blank character sheet all session, and never actually participate.

Or play a Wild Mage. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Oniya on July 02, 2016, 03:17:26 PM
Or play a Wild Mage.

I figured Pyro wouldn't actually participate because of their childlike mindset and the fact no one can understand what they're saying anyways. It's enough to be with their friends who are having fun, while scribbling on the fun piece of paper they get to play with.