The Uncanny X-Men (Free-Form RPG, Groups)

Started by PhantomPistoleer, July 09, 2013, 11:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckolbe

I only had her in her later twenties, well under Banshee's age. 

Batman, minor telepathy gives him the ability to "see what others see" and with some training he could just develop the special awareness to put the pieces together.  I worry that he would be a bit boring to narrate in combat situations.  Also, at 6'0" and only 152 pounds, he is going to be lacking a lot of muscle.

I do have a fondness for telepaths, though, and his level of mastery is a nice combination of underpowered and useful.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

AribethAmkiir

I actually liked that it wasn't traditional telepathy.

Imogen

Consider that a +1. I'm loving the skill set. It doesn't need to be powerful to be incredibly useful. I foresee team leaders fighting over who gets him in their group ;-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Ember Star

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on July 12, 2013, 02:37:52 PM
Hey Ember, how old is Leola?  I haven't truly added the years, but my guesstimation puts her around Banshee's age?
She's between 27 and 28. Got her doctorate at 26, worked in Texas for a year, then however long she's been here. Not too long. I see her as one of the newer staff members.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

kckolbe

Quote from: Imogen on July 12, 2013, 02:56:41 PM
Consider that a +1. I'm loving the skill set. It doesn't need to be powerful to be incredibly useful. I foresee team leaders fighting over who gets him in their group ;-)
Quote from: AribethAmkiir on July 12, 2013, 02:49:25 PM
I actually liked that it wasn't traditional telepathy.

As did I, just wanted to make sure he would have fun playing it.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Batman4560 on July 12, 2013, 02:16:36 PM
The field avisor:  War-Room
Group Affiliation: X-men (student)
Height: 6'
Weight:152 lbs
Arch-Enemies: Magneto, Inner Circle
Nickname: Ray

Powers: psychic mapping By locking onto brainwaves of others in an effective area (2 miles max) Ray can probe their brain and see what they see to better direct and coordinate other members of the X-men during missions. His power can also bring up a map of the area he is linking to and monitor friendly and hostile targets as well as civilians.

Skills: - Master strategist, adviser, capable had to hand combatant, trained in stealth and disguise.

Bio:The New York native, Raymond never fit in at home or school, and always felt like he didn't belong. The constant bullying at school and an abusive father quickly taught Ray to learn to hide from any problems in his life. After years of being bullied Raymond stood by while his father struck his mother to the ground and then started to choke her. Raymond picked up a hammer and smashed the back of his fathers knee in causing him to fall. The ten year old fled with his mother and hid in a dark alley.

While hiding Ray began to wonder about how long he could stay hidden from his father and at that moment Ray could see what his father was seeing and knew how close he really was. Luckily for Ray, two X-men, Jean and the first Kurt Wagner were in the area when his powers manifested themselves and his psychic powers alerted Jean to his location. The two X-men moved in and saved Ray and his mother before his father could cause them any more harm. After realizing her Son was a mutant she allowed Jean to take him to the X-mansion to learn to hone is powers. Now at 17 years of age and ready to graduate high school Ray is serving as a sort of mission control and field commander for smaller teams of X-men.

Personality: Shy, Soft spoken, Willing to help someone in need, fast to act in a dangerous situation.

What do you guys think?

This looks fun!  But Wolverine will have to stop saying "Let's go in the War Room."  :<
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

kckolbe

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 12, 2013, 07:38:10 PM
This looks fun!  But Wolverine will have to stop saying "Let's go in the War Room."  :<

He doesn't have to stop saying it.  He just needs to start meaning it.

Intro Thread

Batman4560

Quote from: kckolbe on July 12, 2013, 03:29:07 PM
As did I, just wanted to make sure he would have fun playing it.

Oh Ill have fun with him, I view him as a way to metagame and rationalize it.

Lady Lunarius

If possible I'd like to play Havok. >.>
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Batman4560

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: TamaRose on July 12, 2013, 10:51:51 PM
Cool! I will make up my OC tomorrow.

Hello, Tama Rose!

I am the GM of the game, and I also play Wolverine.  I am very happy that you found this game, and am very excited to see you will be making a character for it.  I admit, the game has gotten a little complicated -- but feel free to PM me if you have any questions! :)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

TamaRose

Thank you...and I can't wait to run into Professor Logan! lol

kckolbe

You may not recognize him wearing a suit and setting out scones.  ~grins~  By the way, feel free to toss out char ideas here.

Intro Thread

Kimera

Looks interesting. If there is still room, I'd love to join.

Can't deside though if I want to make a canon or homebrew character.

kckolbe

Looking forward to seeing what ya decide on.  Here's a thread with (pretty much) all of our character sheets (only missing Monet and Watcher, I think).

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=179277.0

Intro Thread

Ember Star

Quote from: kckolbe on July 13, 2013, 10:12:41 AM
Looking forward to seeing what ya decide on.  Here's a thread with (pretty much) all of our character sheets (only missing Monet and Watcher, I think).

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=179277.0
I'm waiting on Phantom to give me the okay before posting.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

PhantomPistoleer

Ember, I could have sworn that I sent you a PM looking for stats for you character.  I may not have.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Err, I see them.  Good.  To.  Go.  :)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Ember Star

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 13, 2013, 12:44:54 PM
Ember, I could have sworn that I sent you a PM looking for stats for you character.  I may not have.
You did and I sent you stats back an you said they looked okay and I asked "anything else" and you never replied or said "go put her up" LOL

PhantomPistoleer

Sorry.  I can state categorically that I have never been deluged by so many PMs.  I am really dropping the ball with communicating with my players because of it.  I am really sorry.  :(
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Ember Star

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 13, 2013, 12:56:34 PM
Sorry.  I can state categorically that I have never been deluged by so many PMs.  I am really dropping the ball with communicating with my players because of it.  I am really sorry.  :(
Tis fine. I understand prefectly. Sometimes I have a flood of PMs and other PM's get lost in the fray, too. :)

Cascalence

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 13, 2013, 12:56:34 PM
PP, don't worry.  We all understand.  This has got to be a massive undertaking for you.  I mean, just looking at all you're doing, even I feel overwhelmed.  But you're doing good!  You're organizing as best as you can, and we all appreciate that.  Take your time, don't hurry.  We're all here and waiting.  Yes, we're eager, but that's why you gave us the IC Commons, isn't it?  So we can socialize our characters if we so choose?  I admit, I haven't posted Karen there yet, but that's because not only am I busy with my O/O's, but also because I can't seem to find the stinkin' header everyone else is using ><.
Speaking of...where is it, you gais?
Casca's O/O's--A work in progress

kckolbe

Everyone seems to just be using their own character sheets, stopping before the powers section.  That's what I am doing, at least.

Intro Thread