Thrilling Tales of the Downright Unusual (NC Retro-Future)

Started by GloomCookie, November 19, 2011, 11:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloomCookie

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF TOMORROW!

That's right fearless space cadets!  The world of tomorrow has been brought to you today with: Thrilling Tales of the Downright Unusual!  Climb aboard your personal rocket ships courtesy of the Retropolis Rocket Works and blast off for adventure in our first outing: Bonnie Scarlet and the Sky Pirates!  It's sure to be an out of this world experience!

I was browsing Deviant Art and came across these beautiful faux pulp magazine covers along with artwork!  I was sooo excited!  I've always wanted to do a retro science fiction thing, and now I have the chance.  And so do you!  Everything we love and hate about the 50s and 60s, from the art deco styling to the clashing colors to enough chrome to blind the sun.  I'm looking for space cadets ready and eager to have an adventure!  So what do you guys say?  Care to join me?

My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

AndyZ

Hmmm...an interesting prospect, though I'd need a little more information.  I've read some of the old comics, but I'm not quite sure how to play off of that regard to make it fit your idea very well.  Most science fiction tends to blur together in my mind.

Are robots and aliens up for grabs?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

GloomCookie

Why anyone would want to be one of the thousands of reasonably priced service automotons is unknown to me!  Why, the boys in the lab have just recently assured me that the very possibility of one of these automotons gaining sentience and running amok is as low as 79.52%, rounded off of course.  And aliens!  Preposterous.  Sure we've had our run ins with little green men and large grey beasts and purple tentacle monsters that violently ripped our peace delegation to shreds, but everyone knows those things aren't a threat to the average citizen!  The odds of an alien impersonating a human is a measly 54.20%.  Hardly a threat at all!

My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Robyn Hood

Hm. If there is interest I think I could give this a try.

Stan'

drezdock