A Cure for Boredom

Started by Kunoichi, October 24, 2009, 10:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esoteric Myobi

Oh my gosh! Fuzzy, cute, adorable mascot!!! I'd take the role...a...flying squirrel maybe? -tries to think of other adorable little animals-

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Nitro

Okay well as i was reading your post's i didn't understand something what is it you all are wanting out of this is it alright if i post something maybe this will help if i post something and it will help everyone come up with idea's. but i don't want to seem like i am taking over so that is why i am asking.i know what kinda story you are wanting but i am talking character i have something that might help out.

Kunoichi

A bush baby, perhaps?

And Litrori, we're just passing time with this. ^^;

Nitro

Okay well i was just trying to help.

Esoteric Myobi

I think I have my heart set on a flying squirrel now! Hope you don't mind =) It's cute and adorable and...glides.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Kunoichi

I don't mind at all. ^^ I think it'll be perfect.

So, think we've got enough to start?

Esoteric Myobi

I think four people isn't all that bad. Hopefully we'll get more as we go =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

sullivanthedreadlord

well i said that I would join even if am not sure what we are rping ^_^;;;;
I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

Esoteric Myobi

Hehe! Welcome! We haven't started yet but we're thinking of a mystery/comedy. Think Scooby-Doo! Themed around a library ^^

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

Spooky.  That was what they called her, ever since someone had jokingly mentioned it in third grade.  Her real name was Agnes Finch, so she hadn't exactly been too disappointed when the nickname had stuck.  Even from a young age, she'd always had her nose buried in those books her father had left to her.  Pictures, incantations, rituals...  There was quite a bit that she'd picked up over the years, and thanks to that, she tended to act strange.  Most of the pictures in those books tended to creep other people out, too, so everyone found the name fitting.

Spooky had long, unkempt brown hair.  She had big, square-framed glasses that always seemed to catch the light in such a way as to obscure her eyes.  She had a black hooded sweatshirt that was quite a few sizes too big for her, and that she had carefully adorned with various protective glyphs and seals.  Beneath that were other clothes, a lime green shirt that was obviously selected for comfort, rather than looks, a long blue skirt that seemed like part of some school uniform.  Her socks were mismatched, her shoes scuffed, the bindings on her book were beginning to fray from how often she leafed through it...

...And she walked the dark, deserted halls of an empty library without a care in the world, as though perfectly comfortable with the echoes and the bad lighting.  She was here on a mission, and looking for something imminently interesting.  Word on the street was that the Yorkshire Library's famous indoor gargoyles were coming to life at night and shredding rare and priceless books being held in the library vaults.

If that was true, then perhaps she had finally found something supernatural?  And perhaps she could learn a thing or two...

((And now the scene is set.  Just give your character a description and why they're in the library, and maybe where they are.

Oh, and have fun. ^^))

Esoteric Myobi

(I'm guessing Spooky is 'Velma'...in that case I think I need to wait for 'Shaggy' to enter before I introduce 'Scooby' x.x)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

((No, she's Shaggy. ^^; Or at least it would make perfect sense for her to have a talking pet squirrel.))

Esoteric Myobi

(Kkz, I was wondering if she was Shaggy or not ^^; Talking squirrel incoming..)

A dark shadow glided behind Spooky, flitting to and fro. Sometimes melding into the shadows as it darted from shadow to shadow. It seemed as if the girl were being haunted or stalked...just another reason that further contributed to her nickname. The girl's brown hair swayed slightly with each step, though her nose was still buried into the book, probably squinting as she tried to make out the arcane symbols in the dim light.

Beady little eyes glared at the back of the retreating figure from its perch on the ceiling. Its small nose twitched uncontrollably as tiny paws gripped for a foothold. The building was old...too old, and it was easy to dig tiny claws into the ceiling though many times it crumbled and the small squirrel found itself once again gliding. Sometimes gliding a bit farther and other times not getting very far, but always trying to reach the girl.

At the moment she had landed onto one of the many beams that had been set in random intervals along the ceiling. With a last burst of energy, Nutmeg launched herself from one of the beams on the ceiling and stretched her little arms and legs out as far as they would go. The soft, stretchy folds of skin between her limbs billowed ever so slightly as air filled them. With expert little movements, she managed to maneuver herself to her goal. Letting out a little squeak of warning before landing on top of Spooky's head.

Even in the dim lighting, it was clear to see that Nutmeg was pretty average. While there weren't all that many flying squirrels in the area, she would have fit right in with the rest of the local squirrels save for the bright red ribbon that was tied around her neck. Little paws scrabbled before grabbing hold of Spooky's hair, clinging onto her head while chattering noisily into the messy strands of brown. "What happened to waiting for me?!" Her voice was high pitched and squeaky, giving the squirrel a constant, seemingly nagging and quite irritating manner.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

sullivanthedreadlord

A figure of a person walked amongst the many rows of books never stopping in one spot for too long. The figure finally came to a stop in the occult section of the library and smirked lightly as he placed one of his pale hands on a random book. He ran his fingers up and down the spin of it before just looking at all the other books. He smirked lightly as he closed his eyes for a moment before taking a step back. He crossed his arms across his chest and a crooked smile came over his face. He looked in both directions before slightly leaning back against the bookshelf behind himself.

Alfred Rosenberg did not really care much about popularity because in most of his classes he hung out in the back with his black shades on even when it was bright outside. He was mostly known for his vampire like pale skin. He just did not go out much into the bright light and besides he did not care much for activities that required him to be out in the light of day. His raven black hair hung slightly down covering his eyes. He always wore black no matter how hot it was outside.

He liked the library because it was nice and dark especially when it got close to closing time. It was his santuary from every one else. He tapped his foot on the ground as he stared at the books. He knew about the rumors that where going around and he wanted to find out what was going on. He did not like to hear about books that were being destroyed. Books where precious after all. They held so much information to be read. He was going to wait till after they closed and he was going to get to the bottom of it.
I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

Cassiopeia

Chloe hummed along softly and absentmindedly to the music coming from her headphones as she replaced the returned books in their designated spots.  There was something cathartic about it all.  Every book had a place, every single one.  It was orderly, much unlike her thoughts which were always quite scattered and jumpy, though substantial.

Her golden head bobbed along to the mellow beat as she mouthed the words.  She loved the library but she hated complete silence.  And this particular library had a way of seeming very tomblike on its own, but then when it was nearly closing time ... well, the ipod came out.  Her thoughts began to drift to stories, in particular which she should read next.  She felt like something action packed, she was getting tired of the romance novels.  Formulaic much?  She shook her head and continued to ponder as she moved the next aisle to continue her routine.  She tugged at the large bun sitting at the nape of her neck, it was getting heavy and irritating after the long day, as was the height of her turtleneck.

Kunoichi

"Gah!"  Spooky's own voice wasn't exactly deep, either, her small frame not really suited to the booming speech she wished she could pull off.  Recoiling in surprise at the sudden grasping claws taking hold of her hair, she snapped her head around, looking for the source of the grip.  After the squirrel's little speech, though, she figured out what was going on and looked upwards at the beady eyes glaring down from over her forehead.  "...Oh, it's you, Nutmeg.  You startled me!  Sorry I went on without you, but I thought I saw something, and I didn't want to let it get away!"

Everybody also tended to wonder about that squirrel.  After all, who gets a squirrel as a pet?  Well, the simple answer to their wondering was that the girl didn't consider the squirrel to be a pet.  She saw her as more of a familiar, an assistant and companion who helped her along through life and did terrible things to her enemies.

The fact that nobody ever made a big deal out of the fact that she could talk was, in Spooky's mind, more than adequate proof of Nutmeg's eldritch nature.

"Hey, I found something interesting, though."  The girl added in, walking over to a nearby bookcase and looking upwards.  "There seems to be some sort of arcane classification system along the shelves here.  What do you think it's used for?"

Maybe it had something to do with that poster along the back wall that was talking about some guy named Dewey Decimal...

Esoteric Myobi

Similar to how Spooky didn't regard Nutmeg as a pet, Nutmeg had never viewed herself as one either. If anything, she was a very proud little being and always made sure to show just how superior she was compared to the other 'rodent' species who dared to claim they were her cousins. Due to this mindset, it isn't too surprising that Nutmeg actually views herself as a human instead of just a 'special squirrel', be it flying or speaking or whatnot. This idea was only further strengthened due to the reactions that she received from people whenever she spoke...which is basically a lack of reaction. Instead of receiving something along the lines of outright shock or utter disbelief most people, or those that she's met so far anyway, have always reacted to her antics with mild surprise before shrugging it off and just accepting the fact that she could speak, although rather squeakily.

Pointing her tiny button of a nose up in the air, she sniffed daintily to show her displeasure.

"Hmph! Always running off with your nose buried in those dusty tomes! How many times has it been already that your 'clues' actually turn out to be nothing more than a mere leaky faucet or broken window and the like..."

Due to her squeaky, high pitched voice that was solely and uniquely hers, it was hard for people to take Nutmeg's words seriously.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

sullivanthedreadlord

He turned his head as he thought he heard what sounded like people talking. He cross his arms across his chest as he thought for a mere moment. He titled his head and closed his eyes. He focused on just listening. He could not make out what they where saying but he could tell that they were pretty close to where he was standing. Opening his eyes once more he turned toward the noise and started to walk towards it. He usually avoided crowds but he wondered who could be talking in such a squeeky voice like that. His natural curiosity taking control of him he kept on walking.

It was not long till he saw only a girl but there was no other person there that could of been talking to her. Then he focused his sight on the girls head and noticed that there was an animal of some kind on her head. It was not that big so it had to be a squirrel of some kind. He slipped his hands into his pockets as he wondered why there was a animal in the library. He walked up to them but not too close but close enough to say something to them. He paused for a moment before he spoke.

"Hello...did you come because of the rumors?"

He pondered for a moment as he thought about what he said. It was true that there were rumors going on that some thing strange was happening at this library at night. Though did he really want to have some one tagging along with him or even tagging along with some one else. Though there was that saying that two heads where better than one. Maybe it would be easier to get to the bottom of it if he helped or got help from some one. As he waited as his thoughts swirled around his head.

My O/O Page

Cassiopeia

Chloe finally finished putting all the returned book back in their purposeful spaces.  A stray rebellious strand of hair drifted into her face and she pushed it back into place as she wheeled the book cart back up front.  It seemed like everyone was gone.  It was already five minutes past closing time according to her watch. 

After sliding the cart into the back room she made her way to the front doors, the large round key ring jingled in her hand.  It somehow always made her feel like a warden.  Warden of the books ... that's right books, you've had your visits now it's lights out!  The idea made her smile and giggle silently to herself.  She slid the key into the lock and turned it until it clicked.  No more visitors for tonight.

DigitLninja

(are there any recommended positions that I could take? I would like to join you.)
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Kunoichi

((Just join in wherever. ^^

*is a bit busy at the moment*))

AAA111

I'm also looking for a fun roleplay..Anyone interested?