Dystopian Death Race: the Dernier Cri (Megacity sandbox, open, drivers needed)

Started by BlueEyedBard, January 01, 2019, 01:07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueEyedBard

Hey everyone, I want to give a quick shout out to the newest added racer, Ryan, the Driver go snd check him out!
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Bibliophilia

Ooo!  Welcome to Thunderdome!

-mutters with man in suit.-

Our lawyers say I have to make it clear that is not the Thunderdome, but just a generic, non-specified, non-copyrighted thunderdome.

BlueEyedBard

Quote from: Bibliophilia on January 10, 2019, 03:17:06 PM
Ooo!  Welcome to Thunderdome!

-mutters with man in suit.-

Our lawyers say I have to make it clear that is not the Thunderdome, but just a generic, non-specified, non-copyrighted thunderdome.

Seriously, that last "Cease and Desist" letter was pretty threatening... plus they said something antisemitic in it 😦
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
On/Off

Kirsen Deimos

Glad to be a part of this incredibly-evocative-of-but-legally-distinct dome, which may or may not be thunderous...

SensualNia

Stories: 4/5     Status: Busy, but trying to return to the site     Replies Owed: 4

BlueEyedBard

On/Off

Amarlo

I am intrigued... I will definitely be keeping an eye on this. So far I'm thinking a pit girl or even a high society brat dying for a taste of adventure. Leaning towards the latter.

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

BlueEyedBard

Quote from: Amarlo on January 11, 2019, 06:14:29 AM
I am intrigued... I will definitely be keeping an eye on this. So far I'm thinking a pit girl or even a high society brat dying for a taste of adventure. Leaning towards the latter.

Ooh nice! Haven't seen any pit crew yet. I plan on making a mechanic myself, probably once the game starts ^•^

Your other thought, high society brat, sounds like they would be from Endcliff City. So while not impossible, she would have to be extremely careful to keep her identity hidden. Because if she were discovered she would immediately lose all of her status and be forced to live in the slums of Paradise Falls, or the Speedway as she would be a good enough driver...

I'm not trying to dissuade you of course, just something to keep in mind if you decide to make a character  ;D
On/Off

BlueEyedBard

Hey everyone, sorry for the double post, but I wanted to introduce our newest racer: The Vixen

Go to the character forum and check her out!

Edit: Also, there is now an OOC for accepted characters!
If your sheet has been accepted, go check it out!
On/Off

Amarlo

Quote from: BlueEyedBard on January 11, 2019, 10:48:02 AM
Ooh nice! Haven't seen any pit crew yet. I plan on making a mechanic myself, probably once the game starts ^•^

Your other thought, high society brat, sounds like they would be from Endcliff City. So while not impossible, she would have to be extremely careful to keep her identity hidden. Because if she were discovered she would immediately lose all of her status and be forced to live in the slums of Paradise Falls, or the Speedway as she would be a good enough driver...

I'm not trying to dissuade you of course, just something to keep in mind if you decide to make a character  ;D

The plan for the high society brat wasn't really to make her a driver either, though. ^^

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

BlueEyedBard

Quote from: Amarlo on January 11, 2019, 01:55:20 PM
The plan for the high society brat wasn't really to make her a driver either, though. ^^
In that case, I would look forward to seeing what you come up with  :D
On/Off

Flower

Bibliophilia

BlueEyedBard

On/Off

Black Mariah

Hi!

Very interested in this, are you still accepting new characters?

I was thinking of creating a medic / doctor? can't imagine everyone gets out of each race without a scratch :)

Bite me.

BlueEyedBard

Quote from: Black Mariah on January 12, 2019, 01:12:55 AM
Hi!

Very interested in this, are you still accepting new characters?

I was thinking of creating a medic / doctor? can't imagine everyone gets out of each race without a scratch :)
Hello there! And yes, we are always accepting new characters!

The only tough part about a medical professional is that, in spite of all the carnage, every wreck, and the fact that every racer quite literally dies several time each race, because of the regeneration system they are quite literally brought back without a scratch...

Where I can see a doctor or medic coming more into play would be back at the Speedway.
Racers tend to be a rather wild and crazy bunch; getting into fights, doing stupid stunts, overdosing, alcohol poisoning...
Sure as soon as the next race comes around, they will be regenerated onto the track back in their original condition. But they may need some assistance in getting by with that broken arm until then.

Feel free to message me if you want to talk it out a bit more.
On/Off

Bibliophilia

I kind of like the idea of there being a kind of clinic on the Speedway, where racers can go for all sorts of medical treatments between races.  I mean, I imagine there are drag races between the Dernier Cri spectaculars, and lots of times racers will 'practice' between races, both of which can result in injuries or which would require a patch-up between races to allow for continued training or just shmoozing for backers.

BlueEyedBard

Also I can see when the mechanics and such who aren't racers get injuries, they would probably need a medical professional.
On/Off

Revna

I forget, when can we do another character? I want to make a pit crew or a really high class chicka. One of those two

BlueEyedBard

Quote from: Wicked Emi on January 12, 2019, 12:27:34 PM
I forget, when can we do another character? I want to make a pit crew or a really high class chicka. One of those two
Let's get the game started first. The game is going to start mid race so everyone can do their intro in the most awesome, smashing other cars way possible. Once that race is over we can bring in doubles.
On/Off

BlueEyedBard

Hey interested passerbys of E, we have a new racer!
Meet the mysterious crowd pleasing risk taker, Payton Danika Friedrich, go to the leader board and check her out!
On/Off

Rel Mayer

Keeping an eye on this and seeing if I can come up with a potential character. Seems fun!

BlueEyedBard

Quote from: Rel Mayer on January 12, 2019, 01:01:24 PM
Keeping an eye on this and seeing if I can come up with a potential character. Seems fun!
You are more than welcome!
On/Off

firepyre

Really like the concept, but...

What about the navigators? I see lots of drivers, but I feel like there's a lot of wasted potential without the back and forth between driver and navigator.