Swords, Sorcery, and Adventure...a Fantasy RPG(Its a Go!)

Started by MagicalPen, December 06, 2015, 03:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

I'm thinking a graceful Dancer as in she can perform, is skilled in athletic movement and martial arts while being somewhat versed in the criminal arts. But invests in the best scoundrel gear like a ring of skeleton keys and climbing claws to boost her odds to do criminal acts.

Her weapons will be ones useful in performing and in her theme quarterstaff, light scimitars, daggers (juggling and throwing) and tricks like blinding powder and fine marbles and the like. And can use marital arts the kind athletic acrobatics is good with.

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: MagicalPen on December 08, 2015, 03:34:36 PM
Thought I had removed the WIP part ^-^

EDIT: Any better suggestions for a game name? Came up with a new one on my own.
A Fantasy RPG Adventure would be best, I  think, but anything that avoids "Swords and Sorcery" would be fine.
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

Theo

I'm interested in this, for sure. I have this character I've been wanting to play for a while now, and he might fit in here, if allowed. He would be an old blacksmith that still can still hold his own in a fight.
Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure.

On and off

RedEve

Tentative interest in the archer role.

Would this work as a likeness for that role?

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Atlach-Nacha

I like this sort of game, but at the same time I'm not cut out to play heroes. If it's allowed, I would be interested in playing an antagonist, a quest giver, a summoned creature or any other type of NPC.

Lyku

I am interested in the soldier, either spearman or otherwise if they it is open.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

MagicalPen

@Nekobiker ~ Not really any room for an antagonist in this, I'm afraid. The whole world is the Antagonist - danger around every corner and the ilk!

@Redeve ~ Thats a little too 'fantasy' for this game. Something like this or even like this would be more suited.

@Everyone else ~ I will go through this thread tonight, answer the rest of the questions, and send out PMs. There is more interest then expected (but largely from males) so I am hoping to drum up one more female to try and keep the M:F ratio a little more even (I don't want this to be a complete sausage fest!). More on this later though.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Muse

*pops in* 

Oh, Siereis.  That's a very nice picture.  I like how she's realisticly equipled but still looks very femenine.  (And VERY Strong.) 

(Note, when I say realisticly, the bells and whistels on that armor look to me like things a historical noble would have worn on his armor. ) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

MagicalPen

Tonight/This Weekend all remaining questions will be answered and PM's will be sent out.

There is a good deal of interest for this game. More then I was honestly expecting. So not everyone will be able to join.

BUT - all hope is not lost! I have another game set in this world, though a few centuries after the events in this game, which can be found here. I am still working on adding information to that thread but enough is posted to give you an idea. There are far LESS character RESTRICTIONS with that game (to an extent) and no real 'cap' limit on the amount of people who can join. Even room for an Antagonist (Nekobiker if you're still around) or two.

So end of shameless self plug for my other game.

I am hoping to hear back from people who have been in communication with me but am not sure if they're still interested etc.

OKAY - so for everyone that is interested, please send me a PM with 'Swords and Sorcery Interest' in the SUBJECT line and a brief character sketch of the type of character you want to play, along with whatever questions you may have. Siereis, I will answer your posted questions later (when not at work!).

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

So is no one interested anymore? I've got a grand total of 1 PM so far from interested people.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Ollumhammersong

ya I have just been busy. i'll get something basic drafted tonight hopefully
Hi i'm a polymorphic alien who has taken the form of this signiature to have sex with your pupils, and by the smile on your face I can tell your enjoying it.

MagicalPen

Will be responding to those who have PM'd me thus far sometime tonight or tomorrow.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

PMs have been sent to those who sent them to me.

Still have 1 slot open on either side of the gender divide for those still interested that have not sent a PM.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Ollumhammersong

Hi i'm a polymorphic alien who has taken the form of this signiature to have sex with your pupils, and by the smile on your face I can tell your enjoying it.

Ollumhammersong

MagicalPen

Probably after christmas...I have family arriving today and things are going to be busy for next week or so for me.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Ixy

Very excited about the potential-- hope that this works out, and I have the opportunity to appreciate.  Good luck all, and happy holidays of all kinds :)

MagicalPen

Locks:
Ollum - half-elf Mage
Ixy - Spear Woman (unsure of race)

Unsure of: The following peeps have expressed interest or I have not heard from them in a while.
Vercile - Female Archer?
Sieris - Unsure if Still Interested
Jinx - Male Archer
Scribbles - Interested, unsure of character type

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Lemon Lime

If you still need people I am interested! I've been writing on my own for awhile and am dying to get back in with some people. If not, I'm sure it will make for an interesting read. Thanks!!

(side note: I'd be willing to play whatever - so if there is a spot that needs filling, let me know!) :D
"And now, farewell to kindness, humanity and gratitude. I have substituted myself for Providence in rewarding the good; may the God of vengeance now yield me His place to punish the wicked."
-The Count of Monte Cristo

Lemon Lime's O/O          Lemon Lime's A/A

Ollumhammersong

I thought Rubyslippers wanted to play the thief? is she no longer interested?

Lemon I think you can pretty much pick what you want. We don't seem to have a second soldier but we also don't have a healing mage (I am a destruction mage). In general I don't think anyone will care if you double up on archtypes with them fi you wanted to be a rogue or another archer or something.

Personally I think every adventuring crew needs a good bard.

MagicalPen

I am simply going off of the requested PMs that I asked for and the responses I got from that. Its been a solid week since I sent out that message and didn't get much of a response compared to those who had posted in this thread. So - people need to PM me with their character sketch.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Lemon Lime

Healing Magic would be awesome - MP I can send you a character sketch asap. If I miss a detail or something please let me know once i've sent it. I also like the rules you have for the magic.
"And now, farewell to kindness, humanity and gratitude. I have substituted myself for Providence in rewarding the good; may the God of vengeance now yield me His place to punish the wicked."

MagicalPen

We already have one mage which is the limit for that I am afraid. It would need to be a soldiering type of character at this stage.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Lemon Lime

I can do soldier! I see there is at least one half-elf. Could I do an elf?  Also, what information do you want on the characters PM'ed to you. Or did I miss a post with a character sheet of some kind.

MagicalPen

I would like to see more humans actually - there is still racial discrimination so I would like an 80% human part, as opposed to a 50% elf/halfelf party.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry