A Yet Untitled Exalted Game (interest check, Exalted 3e or Essence)

Started by ShadowFox89, February 07, 2023, 03:05:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rajah

Quote from: Museit works great

it works

We all have our points of broader disagreement, it seems. I spent a very long excited to actually ever get to use a real combat-focused character in a real game.

Then, one day, I got to actually do it. Big fight, serious enemies, I even got the chance to resolve a fully 2.5-era-soft-combo-rules-empowered Rate 5 magic-assisted flurry!

I have since devoted myself to the ways of the future without regret. ;D

Quote from: tsukioujiits cost makes it very difficult for non-combat characters to enter

You can just buy the one Charm for this, though, right? It is a cost but if being centered around Devil-Body Incarnation is part of your concept it's a pretty light one. I agree it'd be nice to have more emphasis on noncombat Devil-Body uses since it's one of the special things Infernals get.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

tsukiouji

Quote from: Rajah on February 24, 2023, 12:55:58 PM
You can just buy the one Charm for this, though, right? It is a cost but if being centered around Devil-Body Incarnation is part of your concept it's a pretty light one.
A 2 Anima cost is *significant,* and is far more difficult to build up out of combat.

But yeah, 2e rocket/paranoia combat sucks hard.

Marie Reynolds

I would really like to 100% give my  interest to this but before I could really pledge that I would like to  see what the Exigent book has to offer. Would it be al right If I reach out when that book comes out?

tsukiouji

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on February 25, 2023, 12:11:45 PM
I would really like to 100% give my  interest to this but before I could really pledge that I would like to  see what the Exigent book has to offer. Would it be al right If I reach out when that book comes out?

That's probably going to be next year, yeah? We've got the draft for now, though

Marie Reynolds

Well the only  thing I found was Dec 2023 as a potential time for release. I missed the kickstarter sadly.

ShadowFox89

Not doing Exigents for this game either way, it takes a fairly concentrated effort between the ST and player to make something. Maybe in the future, an exigent of Parad could be an interesting idea.

Going to say let's go with Essence for the system, it's less of a load on myself and I am perfectly fine in that regard. I'll post something up after some sleep in regards to what information is needed for a character.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

tsukiouji

Sadly I'm out then. Pretty much everything I actually want out of a game isn't super doable in Essence.

Marie Reynolds

Oh okay I was not expecting it to go towards essence. Let me take a look at that. Before I make any final decisions. No problem about no Exigents.

Okay I have looked over Essence, If you still would have me I would like to give my definite  interest in this.

Rajah

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on February 26, 2023, 06:38:23 AMOkay I have looked over Essence, If you still would have me I would like to give my definite  interest in this.

Zero slots are taken, to my understanding, until the application process concludes, and it hasn't actually formally BEGUN. So no worries, you've got as good a shot as anyone so far.

I will definitely be pivoting to something green for Essence.

Marie Reynolds

Fair enough, Yeah I like rules light systems like this and I do like the Exalted experience for the great curses. That is a nice addition to  having the great curses. Also the Getimian Exalted are a rather interesting addition to the exalt types.

tsukiouji

Yeah, Gets are super cool, and the implementation of the Curse is one of the things I really like about Essence

Malara

So is the gist we're switching from 3E to Essence now?  I'm actually fine with that, just clarifying.

Muse

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 25, 2023, 10:02:23 PM
Going to say let's go with Essence for the system, it's less of a load on myself and I am perfectly fine in that regard. I'll post something up after some sleep in regards to what information is needed for a character.

That seems to be what Shadow said here. 

i'm going to have to find this...
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Marie Reynolds

You can get the pdf from the Essence exalted  kickstarter page you can get it for 20 bucks id you have that to spare  as a preorder it might take a day at least for them to send you the drive thru rpg link to claim it. They send you a preliminary manuscript of the pdf cause after they do some proofreading  and editing while the final copy is being worked on they also do this to  allow things to be caught by those who  pledge on the kickstarter to submit anything they catch. Its not required of you  to do any proof reading but  they leave that as an option. Just letting you know so you don't get upset when you see things like page number references and such with XX next to them.  the book marks in the pdf and control f are you friend.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Malara on February 27, 2023, 09:19:34 AM
So is the gist we're switching from 3E to Essence now?  I'm actually fine with that, just clarifying.

I was on the fence between the two but the backer pdf going out cinched it. I'll post a full RTJ up soon.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Rajah

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Rajah

Well, I think this one's doornails. I had a bad feeling closing in on a certainty when "soon" was like five days, I imagine everyone who spends any time in online communities is sensitive by now to "the signs," but hope springs eternal.

Shadow, I know nobody does this kind of thing out of a desire to be doing it, so I hope whatever's up with you gets better, sincerely.

ShadowFox89

Still planning on running this, just had a bad week at work last week with several people calling off.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ShadowFox89

Alright, first post updated. Work finally got around to blocking E on the wifi so I have to swap to data to be able to type out anything at work.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Marie Reynolds

Cool what City is Parad  based in  and is it alright to  have known Parad before and if so can we get a sense of what is Parad like. Also should we expect a more callous prson in Parad that those in his employ are more like property or  despite being in  this business does Parad treat  his employees like people. Also since Solars are potentially involved does Parad  have plans to keep the Wyld hunt off the trail of   those employed?

Muse

Exalted is fun and the erotic content you mention is fun, but i still have no idea what we'll be doing in this story? 

Marie Reynolds

Request to Join work in progress pending answers to  questions I made in a previous post.

Name: Painted Silhouette aka Sil
Exalt Type and Caste/Aspect: Alchemical/Jade
Character Age: Unknown Appears  to  at least 30  in appearance.

Short History:  Sil had awoken alone at first but what had awoken her was the sound of a fight and when she came out of the caverns she had been left to rest and wait in she found a camp of people under attack she  helped the group fend of their attackers she learned they were bandits that attacked the camp of a group of traveling Crafters/performers.  She was offered a chance to travel with them and took it. They combined an art for that involved artistic rope work(Shibari) and combined it with dance and sometimes acting. Sil shown great skill in both the arts and performance and crafting. She took to  the  practices of the group she learned the unique art work with ropes and the dances and acting as well. She also proved to have quite the knack for making the rope as well and a variety of the crafts as  well.  She came to  form a close bond with the newest members of the group who came to learn from the more experienced members of this troupe and as time went and their training neared an end and the older members of the group took to find a city to reside in to keep their performance going but ending the wanderings  Sil and the younger ones decided to keep on the road until  the might find a  place to set up shop on their as their own troupe. The group Sil found a community with where a 25-30 and most of them looked to Sil as a trusted advisor and guardian.

Will insert how  we came involved with Parad when I get more information about Parad.

Character  Ons/Offs:
Ons: Bondage, Tickling, Sensory Deprivation, Emotional intimacy, Sensory Deprivation, Exhbitionism, Orgasm Denial, Feet ( This more for just having characterts barefoot and or wearing socks. Also for scenes involving getting pedicures and  getting toe nails painted.), Bondage while wearing clothes, Self Bondage, Scarf bondage and Bondage art.

Maybe's(Mostly due to I would like to hear more about what exactly you are planning with these elements in particular): Non human sex and Potentially non con.

Offs:
Incest, Bestiality Toilet play, Piss play, Scat, Mutilation, Rape play   Water sports, and pregnancy( it can be happening to other characters in the game, I just don't like my characters being pregnant or impregnating someone.) Oviposition

Player Ons/Offs:
On's:
Bondage, Tickling, Orgasm Denial, Emotional Intimacy, Sensory Deprivation, Cosplay, Feet ( This more for just having characterts barefoot and or wearing socks. Also for scenes involving getting pedicures and  getting toe nails painted.), Stockings,Medical Restraints and Bondage while wearing clothes ,Self Bondage Escapology Scarf bondage, Exhibitionism, bondage tape, Armbinders, and bondage art

Offs:
Incest, Bestiality Toilet play, Piss play, Scat, Mutilation, Rape play   Water sports, and pregnancy( it can be happening to other characters in the game, I just don't like my characters being pregnant or impregnating someone.) and Oviposition

Please keep in mind these are my major on's and offs if its not on the list i will at least discuss but if i turn down it being involved please respect my decision thanks!