Black Sun Rising ~ Firefly 'Verse ~ LGTBQ Friendly ~ ALWAYS RECRUITING

Started by Kuroneko, May 16, 2015, 06:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Rebelle

Dear Kuroneko:

Question: What sort of crew is needed?  I tried to cross reference and was finding it to be a bit of a headache >.<

Anything in particular needed? 

Wanted?

Let me know!

(Now that I can show interest/have time again!)

Thanks

Kuroneko

Rebelle!

I'm glad to hear that you have time to consider BSR again :-)

I just spoke with someone today about a gunhand character, which would put us at four. Just thinking aloud off the top of my head, we don't have anyone in the crew that specializes in negotiation, or forgery, or someone that is something of a chameleon and can blend into his or her surroundings, and therefore able to infiltrate locations while being seen.

A passenger could be just about anything, from a rich kid that wants to see the 'Verse to a scientist that needs to be on a ship as part of their research, a pilgrim on a quest and everything in between.

Rebelle

Hmmm oh the ideas coming through my little brain meats whilst I am at work.  I will shoot you a pm once I a out of my shift.   Thank you for the quick reply!!

Kuroneko

Sounds good :-)

Just as a head's up, the newest gunhand did include some negotiation skills in her character sheet ;)

Kuroneko

UPDATE 11/21/15

The reservation for the Companion position has expiered and is now available for annyone interested in playing that role in the game. This character can be male or female.
There are also two additional spots available in the game for crew or passenger characters, male or female.

Please don't let the number of OOC or IC posts deter you from considering us. It's still easy to join the game as an established crewmember or a new character ;)

Etah dna Evol

Interested. What is needed in the way of crew?

EDIT: I read you can have two characters. I am thinking of an Alliance special forces soldier who had defected to the Browncoats during the Unification War over a girl that turned out to be an Independent. She is a hacker and was an intel analyst for the Brown Coats. Since the end of the war they have just been pulling jobs together, with him as the boots on ground operative and her as mission control. If you like that idea they could come on board as passengers and then maybe get swept up in everything. Let me know if I should come up with character sheets for the two of them.
- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

Kuroneko

Fury Aphrodisia

Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Kuroneko

Hey there, Fury. Welcome and thanks for your interest in BSR :-).

Currently, the most recognizable open role on the ship is for a Companion, someone who, like Inara on the Serenity, would use one of the ship's shuttles as their living quarters and place of business. As for the other two roles, they can be either passengers or crew. With crew I like for each character to have a 'specialty' or niche skill that lets them fulfill role on the ship and allows them to shine in unique ways in gameplay (though there's always going to be some overlap among the various gunhands). The taken roles I have listed in the second post are only the ones I could think of off of the top of my head. There are certainly more that we can come up with together. More and more, looking at the character sheets, it feels like the crew is becoming the Captain's private mercenary company, lol.

Passengers can be pretty open as far as background and reasons for traveling are concerned.

Was that at all helpful? You're more than welcome to PM me for a lengthier discussion. 

Fury Aphrodisia

Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Kuroneko

UPDATE 11/21/15

Although the Companion role is now taken, there are still two additional spots available in the game for crew or passenger characters, male or female.

Please don't let the number of OOC or IC posts deter you from considering us. It's still easy to join the game as an established crewmember or a new character ;)

Kuroneko

UPDATE 1/10/16

There are still three spots available in the game for crew or passenger characters, male or female.

Cleo4u2

Hi! It's been ages since I've done a group RP, but I just adore Forefly. Is your crew in need of anything? I too had trouble cross referencing. The only things that I've got in mind is I'd like to play a guy.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts.  - Bertrand Russell

Ons/Offs and Info ~ Plot Ideas - Updated 6/213/16

My /Aways Updated 8/25/16

Kuroneko

Hey Cleo! Welcome :-)

We're down one gunhand currently and I need to check with the mechanic player to see if he's still in the game since he hasn't posted in a while. So, that position might be open as well.

Cleo4u2

I would love to play a mechanic! I'll hold off on coming up with a gunhand until you can let me know, but if you're guy is still in on the game I'll be happy to make one of those.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts.  - Bertrand Russell

Ons/Offs and Info ~ Plot Ideas - Updated 6/213/16

My /Aways Updated 8/25/16

Kuroneko

Kuroneko

Hey Cleo,

You're welcome to go ahead and app the mechanic role.

Kuroneko

UPDATE 2/9/16

There are four spots available in the game for crew or passenger characters, male or female.

We've just started in a new location, so it's a perfect time to join the game with a new character. No prior knowledge of game events is necessary ;)

Kuroneko

UPDATE 2/9/16 - the Second

One spot has been taken, but there are still three more spots available in the game for crew or passenger characters, male or female.

We've just started in a new location, so it's a perfect time to join the game with a new character. No prior knowledge of game events is necessary ;)

Kuroneko

UPDATE 4/26/16

There are still two open spots available in the game for crew or passenger characters, male or female.

We're always open to new players :-)

Kuroneko

UPDATE 5/5/16

There are three open spots available in the game for crew or passenger characters, male or female.

We're always open to new players :-)