Lewd misadventures in [fantasy world]! E6 (D&D 3.5) Exotic, NC

Started by Koyume, July 06, 2011, 10:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koyume

Quote from: Ershin on July 08, 2011, 11:37:32 AM
If your heart's set on the Factotum, then I'll withdraw my claim to the class and find something equally interesting to play.

Hmm... another race/class combination I've been looking at would be a Changeling shapeshift variant druid. Would this be acceptable? In addition, would the "Wild Cohort" feat from the WotC site be permitted as the shapeshift variant removes the druid's animal companion, or would online material be banned?

That would be fine, I assume you mean the variant from PHB2? Wild Cohort is fine as well; I like a  lot of the things on the Wizards' site. (Don't forget to vote on what level we should start at though; it's important for character creation.)

I'm thinking about playing either a Warlock or Swordsage myself, can't quite make up my mind.

Insidious Word

On the whole I'm ready to deliver the character and just need the level.  The concept so far being a Hellbred Binder.

As for level, I'm partial to 5, but I won't complain if 6 is up.  As PhantomPistoleer mentioned, I'm partial for either 32 pts or roll... though I'd stick 32 pts as rolls can make things swingy.

Are traits and flaws from the Unearthed Arcana available?

Tagan

Elven Cat came from the 3.0 Elven book, and has been errated into 3.5 as a 1 LA Race in the D&D wiki.

If that doesn't work for you, I may try playing a Whisper Gnome Warlock or Spelltheif, as the Druid spot is being handled.

Koyume

Elven cats are fine, traits and flaws are allowed. How about 36 point buy?

Insidious Word

Videospirit

The system relies on point buy for la races anyway so using something is probably better than rolling.

That 4th level +1 stat is kind of silly with point buy though.

Anyway, I'm fine with whatever level you want to start at. I'd prefer not starting above level 5 though, so there's still at least some room to gain actual character levels before we hit E6 cap.

PaleEnchantress

Hellbred Binder Insidious one? That sounds rather sexy. I think I'll play a telepath, (or possibly beguiler) not sure the race yet. Probably grey elf or fey'ri depending on how I feel about the more powerful race rules.

I cast my vote for starting no lower then 5. Starting already 6 sounds nice though so we can begin to work with the e6 rules.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Koyume

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 08, 2011, 11:19:00 AM
Level 6 with 10,000 extra XP to buy extra feats and abilities.  That's my vote.

Also, maybe we should ask The Great Triangle if we can borrow the rules he posted in that one E6 game he ran.

I'm not familiar, what were these rules? Can you find them?

Edit: I think I'll cast in my vote for level 5. We'll begin with standard wealth by level +1,000 gp. If you play a +1 LA character, you'll use 29 point buy instead of 36, and 22 points for +2 LA.

Edit: I'm going to be playing an Elf Warblade, I think.

Koyume

Videospirit

That I probably shouldn't use it but a feral "Amazonian" Human might be kind of neat.

Koyume

No feral. I'm sure you can come up with a better way to pull that concept off anyway.

Tagan

Hmm.  Would it be alright if I just stuck to the LA?  I like a 5th lvl wizard fine vrs a 6th lvl one with -7 stat points.  (I'll do either, just stating a preference.)

The character's nearly done then.  Anyone need a 'familiar'?

Koyume

I'm fine with keeping the LA, myself. In most cases it would be a pretty huge penalty, given that we only have up to six levels, but I guess it's not so bad for a wizard. My character is almost done too, I'll start typing up a biography here shortly. Also, my character happens to be an elf, so perhaps they'll get along well.  ;)

Videospirit

We're starting at level 5 than? Does the e6 special feat allow a duskblade to learn third level spells at caster level 6?

I'm going ahead and making 2 different versions of the character now, one a female wood elf, the other a male dragonborne water orc.

Koyume

We seem to have two votes for level 5, one against, and two more or less neutral votes which both fall in the 'either 5 or 6' category. I would assume for the moment that we're starting at 5, and I'm building my character that way. 10,000 gp for starting equipment. Roll HP normally, or just take the average for all levels if you prefer.

PhantomPistoleer

I totally prefer the E6 LA rules instead of the regular LA rules.

But I'm not playing an LA character.  So.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Insidious Word

Ulric Wrathkin
Just bigger and heavier

History: Ulric Wrathkin is one of those few rare soul’s who gets a second chance to escape damnation.  The rebirth has placed him millennia ahead of his time into a world that is only vaguely recognisable to him.  Nor can he remember much about the circumstances that led him to damnation, and it has become largely irrelevant to him.  He knows that he has to perform some great act of heroism to cleanse the stain from his soul, but likewise he views it as an unfair test that is likely to leave him dead and damned all over again, and he knows well enough neither magic arcane or divine, nor physical strength is likely to aid him much in this endeavour.

Consigned to simply living what was left of the time available to him, his journey took him far until he found something different that he had not known in his time and that which is unknown is a thing of possibility.  Allowing himself to hope, he has thrown himself into the forbidden art of binding to see maybe, just maybe, he might be able to avert the fate that awaits him gaining salvation.  Or at least freedom.

Description: Ulric is a towering figure of a man and built accordingly, his journey’s having made him physically powerful, though he is far from mobile.  With dark red skin that almost seems wax-like, faintly glowing eyes, the horn that grows from the centre of his forehead, there is something disquietingly diabolic about him.  The horn he takes care to disguise as part of a circlet he wears about his brow, and is often quick to pass off his features as that of a stranger from foreign parts.

Stoic before strangers, boisterous amongst comrades, Ulric is an unfailingly loyal friend and implacable foe.  His new abilities have allowed him to survive through situations, he would have not dreamed possible and has given him more confidence than he ought to have.  Despite this, he can be rash as common sense hasn’t been one of the things he’s needed to have.

Sexuality: Whilst at heart, his nature makes him about as monogamous as the average soldier of fortune, but deep within him, the devilish nature often gives him strange kinks and awkward deviations, which he is careful not allow to surface.
As far as most things go, the only thing which I’ll consider off-limits is snuff, scat, watersports and torture & mutilation.  Other than that, it’s pretty much open season.

Ulric Wrathkin (Binder 5th)

Male Hellbred (Binder 5)
LN Medium humanoid (hellbred)
Init -9; Senses normal; Listen -1, Search +0, Spot -1
Languages: Common, Infernal

AC 22; touch 10, flat-footed 22
Hp 49 (5d8);    DR 2/-, 2/piercing
Fort +7, Ref -1, Will +4 (+1 vs. enchantment, +4 vs poison)
Weakness hellbound soul

Speed 20 ft.
Melee +1 spear +8 (1d8+8/x3)
Base Atk +3; Grapple +6
Atk Options Devil's Tongue (4/day; DC 16 or dazed & flat-footed, 1 rnd)
Special Actions Devil's Favour (4/day; +2 atk, save, or check), fast healing 4 (1/day; 5 rnds)

Vestiges Bound (EBL 5th; binding check 1d20+13/+17(with implements)
     Savnok: call armour (+1 full plate),Heavy Armour Proficiency, move ally (10 ft.), savnok's armour (2/piercing)

Abilities Str 18(+4), Dex 8 (-1), Con 16 (+3), Int 10 (+0), Wis 8 (-1), Cha 18 (+4)
SQ evil exception, infernal aspect (body), infernal mien, pact augmentation (DR x2)
Feats Devil's Favour*, Devil's Flesh*, Devil's Stamina, Devil's Tongue, Skilled Pact Making^
* racial bonus feats, ^ class bonus feats
Skills Bluff +12, Diplomacy +6 (+0 vs good-aligned), Intimidate +18, Sense Motive +1
Gear amulet of natural armour +1, gauntlet's of ogre power, implements of binding +4, ring of protection +1
Possessions backpack, belt pouch, bed roll, flint and steel, rations (x10), rope hemp (50 ft), sunrods (x2), waterskin

Traits detached (+1 Will, -1 Ref), torpid (+1 vs. enchantment, -2 initiative)
Flaws Unreactive (-6 initiative)

PhantomPistoleer

I want to be an artificer. :o

Edit:  actually, I'm going to drop out.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Koyume

Here's the first draft of my character: (PHEW!  -_-, took a while)

Yoriko: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=311311

Biography

Yoriko was raised in a small, secluded Elven community, more like a monastery than a traditional town. In this environment, which was both scholarly and warlike, her young mind prospered- she studied history, philosophy, martial arts, gymnastics, and athletics, in addition to mastering the languages of both Goblins and Orcs, two of her people's most commonly encountered enemies. Early in her life, however, she was exposed to a magical disaster, a terrible accident which would kill both her parents and have harmful effects on her own health.

As a result of this, her hair would forever-after grow out in an exotic, pale-blue colour, and cause her to experience occasional bouts of weakness and susceptibility to illness. Despite the difficulty of her health problems, she was able not only to endure the rigorous physical training her instructors put her through, but to excel and become one of the most skillful swordmasters in her community, and perhaps even in the known world.

While technically mature, both physically and mentally, she left her home while still many decades away from being considered an adult by the standards of Elven society. Now she's begun to experience the world firsthand, traveling through human lands and trying to scrape a living together by occasionally teaching weapons-skills and gymnastics, or performing in busy areas of human cities and villages.

Description/Personality
Yoriko is lithe and somewhat petite, being shorter at least than most human women, but she boasts a strong, lean, and toned physique- the mark of a lifelong athlete and weapons-master. She possesses astounding flexibility and startling strength for a young girl, and moves with mesmerizing grace, agility, and focus. Her skin is fair, and she keeps her straight, light-blue hair a little longer than shoulder-length and often braids sections of it, and is fond of wearing clips and other ornaments in it, both for aesthetics and to keep it away from her eyes.

Yoriko would be considered beautiful by most any standards, with an eternally child-like face and the enchanting curves of a woman, though her devotion to physical fitness leaves her bosom less plump than it might be. She is somewhat reserved and can seem quite cold, particularly around humans and anyone she doesn't know well, but she is proud of her abilities, and anyone watching her playing with children or animals, teaching, or performing an acrobatic demonstration can see her warmth and passion by her cheerful smiles and exuberant energy. She can be very single-minded and has a tendency to daydream and talk with herself, and when she becomes interested in something, be it a book, a duel, or any other undertaking, she often forgets the world around her.

Sexuality
Yoriko is a maiden, and has relatively little interest in pursuing any kind of romantic relationship, instead devoting herself fully to her art. That's not to say that she doesn't have urges, and she occasionally has particularly 'creative' and lewd fantasies. She could be described as bisexual.
As a player, very little is off limits, except for extreme and intensely disturbing situations (such as those involving torture, mutilation, and  otherwise excessive pain and cruelty). Rape/otherwise non-consensual acts involving monsters, etc are just fine.

Koyume

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 08, 2011, 04:31:25 PM
I want to be an artificer. :o

Edit:  actually, I'm going to drop out.

I'm sorry to hear that, but you know where we'll be if you should change your mind before we start.  :-)

@Insidious: Looks fine to me. I can't recall how much an immovable rod or implements of binding cost, but are you sure you spent all your gold? Does he have a weapon?

Insidious Word

Hmmm.  I guess I could lose the immovable rod as its around the 5000 gp range (more of a habit as I always make it a policy of carrying one as they can surprise people and is handy for my mode of adventuring) and replace it with a +1 spear and chain shirt +2 and just enough left over for a cloak of resistance +1 if I can be afforded an extra 500 gp.

Koyume

That would be acceptable (I think I actually went over by about 50 gp...  :o\ C:)), but in that case everyone would have to get 500 more gp. Alternatively (instead of buying the cloak), you might want to look into some of the cheap stuff in Magic item compendium, like "Chronocharms", and Safewing Brooches.

PaleEnchantress

Here Ill make an attempt. I havnt done shopping yet and my backstory im writing up. Thought id post this much at least though and make sure I'm doing it right:

Abduxuel Archwinter: The Heart of Glass

"There is no need to fight over me. . ."

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=311637

A few things to mention. He is a grey elf with the Unseelie Fey template.  There is one feat that needs special clearance as it's 3rd party. "Seductive" is from the Book of Erotic Fantasy. It gives a +2 on any cha based check against one gender (males for Abduxuel). The three feats starting with "Unseelie" are from the Complete Psion but are called "Illithid" for flavor reasons I renamed them. Finally "Psionic Prodigy" is a modified version of 1st level feat "Magical Prodigy" just with psionics. 

Biography:

The abandoned wooden shacks that rotted in the most decrepit area of the port's shanties were shunned even by the beggars as the area was nothing more then rotted filth sinking slowly into fetid pools of still water.  The most dank and dirty of the cities establishments  paid no mind to disposing of their trash and refuse among what was left of the decaying constructions. Some people, if they could still be called people, however had no choice but to live there  in the stink and squalor.  As much as the homeless needed the charity of others they were quick to take from each other if they could.  One man and woman, kept in constant fear lived where other vagrants wouldn't even look.  The elven couple were kept as slaves until rendered blind and deaf from disease or abuse. Being devoid of value to their masters they were thrown out. On their own they could find foul sustenance among what others discarded. They stayed hidden to avoid being victimized. The one time they knew they had to find help was when the female was ready to give birth.

It was no happy occasion to have another mouth to feed, and yet the pair were too fearful of others to allow their child in any one elses hands. Unlike his parents the child was quite canny and in full possession of his visual and auditory senses. The infants screams for help went unheard by his parents as pests and vermin crawled over him inside the lightless box in which he existed.  His first words were things said to beg of others. He would often to go the other parts of town to prostrate himself before others hoping to evoke enough sympathy to acquire from strangers what he could not from his parents. Earp had been what his parents called him. It wasn't even so much a name as it was a sound that was easy for them to make. He was a cute baby that despite being underfed grew into a beautiful boy. It was in a pediastric relationship with a rich gentleman, his handsome looks became his salvation.

In his patron's household he became a sponge for knowledge. He was given an education, clothes, and enough food to never be hungry. Letting his mentor use his body seemed odd at times but the human connection at least filled the cold he felt within. Earp even became friends with his masters children and was often paraded at gatherings for his unconventional wit and exotic beauty. Years of contentment passed until foreign troubles called his patron away. The mistress of the house would not let him stay anywhere on the property and so Earp went back to the streets and stayed once more in the light less squalor his parents did. In his extreme depression he didn't even see the disease covering his parents flesh until it was too late. He contracted their leprosy and his beautiful body and face putrefied.  His face and genitals withered and ruptured in painful pustular fits. His beautiful body, the only thing that made him worthy of love, decayed right before his eyes. He exhaled his last labored breath alone and unwanted.

For most that would have been the end, but the capacious fey of the winter court thought there still might be a use for the young man. Their black magic revived him and carried his away into the feywild. Time passes differently among the insidious nobles of the constantly feuding summer and winter courts. There is no telling how much time the young man slaved away in the malleable reality of the cruel feylords. As he adapted to their ways he lost his ties to reality. He is now a legitimate member of House Archwinter free to pursue his own bizarre agenda.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Koyume

Looks good, and it seems you've figured out the linking problem just fine. Is your partner working on a character too?

Edit: Oh right, and Seductive is fine.