News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

well for riot tristana you can make a facebook account, then get her and immediately delete the account. Thats what I did. I have zero use for facebook but just starting out you want to get whatever champs you can
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Ryven

I think I'd like alistar more in classic mode than dominion.  In dominion, it seems that speed and range are the two best attributes to have.  I've seen people try and play Soraka, but I don't see her working as well as in classic especially with the 20% decrease in healing abilities.

Keiro

Currently maining Taric and Garen.

Wukong for the lulz.

Beyond that, I'm trying out Chogath today. Damn annoying character to play against, imo.

KeiroD is my summoner name in lulz.
Thoughts of a Deaf SysAdmin

People so seldom say "I love you". And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, only that I wish you didn't have to...

Want to see my O/Os? Check My Roleplay Preferences. :3

Shjade

Quote from: Ryven on September 30, 2011, 08:00:52 AM
I think I'd like alistar more in classic mode than dominion.  In dominion, it seems that speed and range are the two best attributes to have.  I've seen people try and play Soraka, but I don't see her working as well as in classic especially with the 20% decrease in healing abilities.

You'd think that, but Soraka is actually pretty damn good in Dominion, just not for rushing the way 90% of players want to play. If you play at a more steady pace and just hold three posts she's an excellent pusher bottom: infinite sustain (mana regen is faster on Dominion + extra base mpen + spammy AE that stacks MR reduction + silence + heals & armor) makes it very hard to move her and she can just push minions at your low capture point all day long. Forces you to keep at least one person bottom just to hold her off, possibly even two if she can out-harass whoever's trying to defend.

I suspect Soraka will start to shine when Dominion's had a few months for people to start actually strategizing for it rather than just constantly throwing the same "OP" 1v1 champs at each other rushing and backdooring all match long.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Ryven

I'm pretty sure a Xin Zhao would tear her apart even with all that.  There is always one in every Dominion game I've played.

Shjade

I've seen Xin Zhao in Dominion maybe...seven times so far? Out of something like 30-40 games. The ones that pop up much more often when I'm playing are Shaco, Akali, Rammus, Garen and Yi.
◕/◕'s

Samael

Shaco and Akali are a nightmare to deal with, I found.
I also think Alistar is far more of a problem than Rammus. Sure, he can get around pretty fast, but I find him relatively weak, and not really changing fights much. Now Alistar's knock up can wipe your whole party, since it makes you unable to do something for 1.5 secs or such, while his team mates hammer onto you. Same with Amumu's ulti.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

DaCookie

Dominion suckkkks, theres no strategy, such little teamwork to it its only about OP champs and thats it.It actually encourages just running in and dieing with op champs and good 1v1 champs in the game like akali etc.5v5,  is where its at.I main warwick, brand and tryndamere.Did they nerf brand in the last few months?Use to dominate whole teams with him if I microed well.

What do you hate the most in league besides feeders of course? I hate when someone will trade a very easy to defend tower for a kill.Also hate guys that think its all about kills or kd, I was tryn and at 8 min in the game I was 0/0/2.The master yi was 1/4/0 and the fiddle laning with him which was organized btw was 0/4/0.He told me tryn was an OP champ early game and that he was better than me with his 0/4.Between him and fiddle they had every death bar 1 and continued to flame me until the end of the game.I was also but thats not the point  :P

Its the only game I actually get continuously mad at but still play it, feels so good dominating and so crap when your doing amazing but have terrible team mates.The lol community has got to be the worst bunch of people ive ever seen though, never seen bigger dickheads besides maybe the cod community.Dont play cod since modern warfare though, piece of crap now.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

DaCookie

Quote from: Anyalyss on September 29, 2011, 02:04:21 PM
I agree! it's really something about the communities of e-sports/overly competitive games, it happens on every single one of them. Anyway, I have been called those things before so they just now make me giggle :-)

I think its more the fact that by you dieing in lol, you are essentially giving the other team a much higher chance of winning.If your 0/8 and its relatively early in the game, you've basically caused your team to lose.I dont like the amount of people who flame in the game but I must confess that I do it myself if I ping my team mates to fall back and they dont multiple times, I then tell them to stop feeding and they flame saying im terrible even if I have something like 8/2.Its all downhill from there really.So much more fun to play with my finnish and irish mates who dont get as worked up as me and dont care as long as you dont do terrible in every one of the last 5 games or something.We talk on mumble/ventrilo and constantly slag eachother but its all in fun.Crap like 'your so bad bro' after stealing all his kills :)

Whatever about being bad, but when they dont take it well and dont just stay quiet or say sorry for being bad and start being dickheads in general when they are clearly the reason you are losing it just gets annoying to me.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on October 01, 2011, 02:07:39 AM
I've seen Xin Zhao in Dominion maybe...seven times so far? Out of something like 30-40 games. The ones that pop up much more often when I'm playing are Shaco, Akali, Rammus, Garen and Yi.

Dude, I've seen him in like 80% of my games.  Yi as well.  Rammus to a lesser extent.  I've only just recently started seeing Shaco and Akali.  It really does seem like the same 10 champs are in every game though, and it has been a little frustrating.  If you're the only one defending a capture point, it's not hard for Xin to just pop in, CC and burn you down and then take the point since he is so good at 1v1 fights especially in late game when he's got all his items.  Yi is pretty much the same.  Rammus is annoying cause of his speed and taunt, but less of a problem to deal with.  I really wish they would give more of an incentive for defending points or create some way to even the odds when the other team has pushed you all the way to your spawn point.

Quote from: DaCookie on October 01, 2011, 06:20:55 AM
I think its more the fact that by you dieing in lol, you are essentially giving the other team a much higher chance of winning.If your 0/8 and its relatively early in the game, you've basically caused your team to lose.I dont like the amount of people who flame in the game but I must confess that I do it myself if I ping my team mates to fall back and they dont multiple times, I then tell them to stop feeding and they flame saying im terrible even if I have something like 8/2.Its all downhill from there really.So much more fun to play with my finnish and irish mates who dont get as worked up as me and dont care as long as you dont do terrible in every one of the last 5 games or something.We talk on mumble/ventrilo and constantly slag eachother but its all in fun.Crap like 'your so bad bro' after stealing all his kills :)

Whatever about being bad, but when they dont take it well and dont just stay quiet or say sorry for being bad and start being dickheads in general when they are clearly the reason you are losing it just gets annoying to me.

I agree. 0/8 pretty much ends it for your team because they've made Classic mode all about kills.  You get half as much gold for destroying a turret than you do a single kill, and once you destroy a turret, it's gone for good.  It's not like you can rebuild them.  I'd like to see them change that, so, like in dominion, there would be more of an incentive to defending turrets.

Shjade

YOU get half the gold of a kill for a turret, but your TEAM gets 2.5 times as much gold for the turret as that one kill (150g x 5 = 750g for a turret). Turrets > kills for gold unless you're killing someone who's on a long killstreak and get massive bonus gold for them. There's plenty of incentive for defending turrets: map control, lane stability and denying the enemy team global gold being the main reasons.

As for Yi, Xin and Rammus, I have to admit I didn't really find any of them all that problematic in Dominion simply because the champ I used most often can deal with them 1v1 pretty well, at least under a friendly turret: Ryze. Xin jumps in on me? Snare, back off a step, nuke him with the turret's help. Yi rushing in with Highlander? Q-W him on his way in, unload entire combo on him under turret, he either runs away without even getting a hit in on me or continues trying to kill me and dies. Rammus powerballing in to taunt me? Snare, nuke, walk back under turret once his taunt wears off if he catches up after the snare ends. He doesn't do all that much damage by himself.

Unfortunately it's the super-bursty and/or stealthy people that mess Ryze up since they can just avoid his combos by disappearing in the middle and/or out-burst him under a turret, though I've found even the stealthers are stompable if I run Exhaust/Garrison instead of Promote/Garrison. Exhaust/snaring that Akali that just jumped in on me under my turret and garrisoning the turret to make it fire faster is pretty dang effective (which is why Exhaust is basically the Flash of Dominion: everybody takes it).
◕/◕'s

Ryven

Players don't see it that way because 150g to them is nothing special.  They're in the mindset of their individualized fun.  It's why I hate PUGs.  When they see an easy target (or so they think) they run off after them for their 300g.

Yes, Yi, Xin, and Rammus are not problems by themselves, but you pair them with anyone else, and they're going to  kill you.  Luckily, I've found a champion that can deal with them now.  I've been playing Poppy recently and discovered she can survive against most champions.  Her Q does great damage, and her E is a great CC, not to mention her ult gives her an advantage when diving for turrets.  She'll just pop that on the defender, and wam, she's immune to the turret's damage.

DaCookie

Quote from: Ryven on October 01, 2011, 07:19:01 AM
Dude, I've seen him in like 80% of my games.  Yi as well.  Rammus to a lesser extent.  I've only just recently started seeing Shaco and Akali.  It really does seem like the same 10 champs are in every game though, and it has been a little frustrating.  If you're the only one defending a capture point, it's not hard for Xin to just pop in, CC and burn you down and then take the point since he is so good at 1v1 fights especially in late game when he's got all his items.  Yi is pretty much the same.  Rammus is annoying cause of his speed and taunt, but less of a problem to deal with.  I really wish they would give more of an incentive for defending points or create some way to even the odds when the other team has pushed you all the way to your spawn point.

I agree. 0/8 pretty much ends it for your team because they've made Classic mode all about kills.  You get half as much gold for destroying a turret than you do a single kill, and once you destroy a turret, it's gone for good.  It's not like you can rebuild them.  I'd like to see them change that, so, like in dominion, there would be more of an incentive to defending turrets.

I wouldn't say its all about kills but they definitely made it a bit to heavily based on them.Early it encourages diving because you get much more gold for kills that is more valuable compared to later on.I think mid its way more about turrets to win the game, and late its way more about kills again because the respawn timer is so much longer that if you ace them its pretty much a GG.

Samael

Man, matches can be infuriating sometimes.
Yes, we do need to have 3 champions try to kill rammus in mid, while 3 champs descend on top, with only one defender, and bot gets ganked at the enemy bot node, because he needed to push right into it.

DaCookie

Quote from: Samael on October 02, 2011, 07:26:42 PM
Man, matches can be infuriating sometimes.
Yes, we do need to have 3 champions try to kill rammus in mid, while 3 champs descend on top, with only one defender, and bot gets ganked at the enemy bot node, because he needed to push right into it.

My favorite tactics are 1. Focus the tank 2. Intentionally feed so the enemy will underestimate you 3. Premade 5 all takes smite to 1shot dragon

Samael

Quote from: DaCookie on October 02, 2011, 08:07:27 PM
My favorite tactics are 1. Focus the tank 2. Intentionally feed so the enemy will underestimate you 3. Premade 5 all takes smite to 1shot dragon

I've recently run into that.
They completely steamrolled us.
First they stole Golem, then Lizard, making our jungler useless, then did it every time they were up, and the Dragon on top.
We somehow couldn't compensate for it at all and surrendered at 25 mins in.

Samael

Xerath.

League of Legends - Xerath Champion Spotlight

Since he'll only be out tomorrow in Europe, anyone have any experience with him yet?
I don't really like the idea of an immobile, squishy mage, but he looks interesting, and I love range (I enjoy Lux, too, for example).

Shjade

Since his passive converts a percentage of his AP into armor he won't be as squishy as most mages, and his rage lets him keep away from most sources of magic damage.

He looks powerful, but I don't think I want him. I play enough AP characters already, and Ryze is a perfectly useful tanky mage - one that uses electric-themed attacks as well, no less.

He will be a bitch in pre-teamfight stages though. Has ALL of the poke.
◕/◕'s

Brandon

I havnt played him yet but I was laning with him last night while playing Vayne (also possibly my new favorite ranged carry). From what I saw his 3 abilities give him insane farming potential. The guy ended up starving me through half the match just because of his range. Honestly he seems a little OP when played right

I dont think I will get him though, I already have Lux which is still my favorite mage

In an unrelated note, the free champions this week are pretty awesome. I really like Vayne, Garen, Kogmaw and Riven. Although Im not a fan of Fiddlesticks or Kassadin.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Chris Brady

Man all the jargon, net-gamer speak in that video.   ???  I am so lost...

Nails it though, not for me sadly.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Ryven

I haven't played with or against him in Classic, but he's not all that in Dominion.  I've play with and against him, and both times, he's not really been spectacular.  I can take him down easily when playing against him just by virtue of the map.  I can pop out behind him from several places and be close enough in no time, especially with Poppy who I main.  He does have nice range, but there are other champs I would rather play before him that are ranged.  Caitlyn comes to mind for one and Kog'maw is another good one.

Brandon

Just got my 6300 IP and bought Wukong. I love the monkey king  ;D

Problem is, now Im not sure what champion to get next. I only own Alistar, Tristana, Lux, and now Wukong. Any suggestions?

Ryven

Perhaps a mage?  You don't have many AP characters with the exception of Lux.

Anyalyss

I bought Caitlyn with IP a week ago or so, maybe a little more, and I LOVE her! my last match vs bots was 29/1/7 *giggles* It's just a shame that the in-game character has ugly dark blue hair instead of the lovely dark brown of the artwork :(

If I had money I would buy the Resistance Caitlyn skin but I already saw that she has the same hair color *pouts*
O&O's    A&A's

Shjade

Cait OP vs. bots. Nerf nao.
◕/◕'s