News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

syrupy

I'm looking forward to Dominion. More than Magma chamber - when all that was floating about. It'll be interesting to see how the play style suites or doesn't suite certain champion/items.

Ryven

I have a feeling CC will become everyone's go-to in Dominion.  It will be a sea of stun and fear.

Shjade

Quote from: Ryven on August 24, 2011, 07:08:50 PM
I have a feeling CC will become everyone's go-to in Dominion.  It will be a sea of stun and fear.
Isn't that more or less already the case? At least in ranked games.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

syrupy

Speaking of CC, I can foresee an increase the buying of tenacity items. Particularly Eleisa's Miracle for the health/mana regen. I have a feeling that regen items in general will be more popular - considering the goals of the map.

On a somewhat unrelated note, would anyone be interested in a League of Legends RP? Either solo, otherwise it could be hella fun to try to start a group rp.

Chris Brady

You know, between this and DoTA 2, I want to join LoL, but man that entry barrier is HIGH for me...
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Shjade

◕/◕'s

syrupy

Dota 2 will... I'm guessing be much more difficult to pick up than LOL.

meikle

Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Shjade

Quote from: syrupy on August 24, 2011, 11:30:22 PM
Dota 2 will... I'm guessing be much more difficult to pick up than LOL.
From what I saw of their exhibition tournament for it the other week, yeah, it looks less user-friendly. It also looked messy as hell. If there is any one thing I like about LoL it's the simplistic art style, which makes it easy to see what's going on unless you pack everyone together in a mess, which is always going to be a pileup of confusion regardless. The art style in DotA 2 was just so...busy and bleh. Kinda killed my interest in even trying it. :|
◕/◕'s

syrupy

Dota was always kind of mess though. Don't get me wrong, I'll always have a special place in my nerd heart for the game (played it A LOT at high school LAN parties), but LOL improved the game in many ways. One of the reasons I'm not such a fan of HoN, that and it seems like they just copy pasta the old Dota code into make their game.

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on August 24, 2011, 07:33:45 PM
Isn't that more or less already the case? At least in ranked games.

I don't play ranked games.

EDIT:  To answer syrupy's question about a group RP for LoL, if you're talking about an actual game that would involve a system for how the fights would work, I would be up for trying that. 

syrupy

I played enough ranked games to get me out of ELO hell, as its called. Haven't played to many more for fear that I'll fall back into it.

@ Ryven: Sure, if we want to try to work something out. Sounds like it'd be fun.

Samael

Dominion.

Did anyone try it?
They seem to open the map for people the last few days, every day for a few hours, and it's an incredible blast.

It's completely different from Summoners Rift or that forgotten 3vs3 map, and it's amazing.
A match never really takes longer than 25-30 mins, more like 20 most of the time, and you win by holding nodes. The more nodes you have, the faster the opponents time runs out, so the goal is not to kill a lot, but to make them lose their nodes, taking you ever closer to that sweet win.

It's intensively fun.
On EU servers it was on from 5 PM to about 10 PM, UK time, both yesterday and the day before.
My favorite champion to play here is amumu. Start out with boots, grab either a MR or an Armor piece, then head bot, while the others grab middle and go for top, then build your items into Sunfire Cape and Abyssal scepter. As Amumu you do magic damage, which is what Sunfire does, and Abyssal gives mpen, which helps to make it hurt more. With sunfire you also get a good chunk of armor and health, while the Abyssal Scepter gives you MR and AP. Top it off (if the match takes this long) with a Rylais, for more HP/AP and slow goodness (your tears will perma-slow everyone around you), and it's good game.

Tons of fun.

Can't wait till they fully enable the mode.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Shjade

Pretty meh about Dominion thus far. It feels very random and disorganized, even going into it with a premade group, and champion balance is even more out of whack there than in "standard" gameplay. I like the concept of faster, more intense games, but at the same time it seems like the penalty for dying may be too little - it's pretty hard to take the opposing team's nearest points without straight backdooring them since a push will be seen coming long before it arrives and killing them first just means they'll be rezzed and back at those two points before you get there if you killed them pretty much anywhere else on the map.

Current opinion: not sure if want.
◕/◕'s

Ryven

The objective is not to take all the points.  The objective is to have more points than the opposing team.  It's often best to take three then defend.  I only go after the points nearest the opposing team's spawn if they have pushed or are pushing one of ours.  I can usually at least distract them enough that they will come back and try to get me or their point back. 

The penalty for death is less strict because it's easier to kill the enemy.  With the improved amount of gold, gold gain, and crystal scar buff, it makes it more about capturing the points rather than killing the opposing team.  Killing the enemy is just an obstacle in the overall goal.  While it could be said the same in classic, when turrets are destroyed, they're destroyed for good, and usually the only way to give you a chance to destroy them is to kill the opposing champion(s) guarding them.  That's why kills mean more in classic.  It also doesn't take that long to capture a point which is why I think they made the death timer shorter.

I love it.  I've never been terribly good at classic though I have won my fair share of games.  I find Dominion more suited to my play style.

Anyalyss

Hi!

I have been playing on EU West for maybe week and a half I think, it's a fun little game and I'm in love with the artwork! I confess that I mostly play against bots on intermediate, it's less stressful and more fun for me anyway (besides on my first game against players they kept calling me bitch/slut/whore or the same insults with "little" before the main word ::) not that I care, made me giggle but still!). I only play with Morgana now (wish I could buy the cookie chef look, so cute!), mainly because I'm saving for Caitlyn (I looove the snowy alike look) and Katarina.

I tried Dominion the other day and I found it more fun, the games are shorter and more dinamic, it also felt more... permissive with newbies and mistakes and all that, maybe I'm wrong but that's how it felt like for me. It took me three Dominion games to win for the first time though *giggles*

edit: I forgot! if anyone is on the same server and wants to play with me, just PM me here! :-)
O&O's    A&A's

Ryven

People take their games too seriously.  I wish I could just deck some of these people who just begin unloading insults because there's no fear of repercussion.

Anyalyss

I agree! it's really something about the communities of e-sports/overly competitive games, it happens on every single one of them. Anyway, I have been called those things before so they just now make me giggle :-)
O&O's    A&A's

Shjade

Quote from: Anyalyss on September 29, 2011, 02:04:21 PM
I agree! it's really something about the communities of e-sports/overly competitive games, it happens on every single one of them. Anyway, I have been called those things before so they just now make me giggle :-)

It happens in all of them, but some are worse about it than others. LoL's probably the worst I've seen so far in that regard, whereas Starcraft is at the opposite end of the spectrum with fairly well-mannered play being the norm and jackasses being outliers.
◕/◕'s

Rhaegar14

Oh hey, I was wondering if there was a thread for this. I've been playing on the US Servers for about a year. The game is amazing.

Champions of Choice: Renekton, Ashe, Shen (Jungle), Katarina (but her effectiveness is 100% luck of the draw in Normal and non-existent in Ranked), Kayle.

Okay with: Vladimir, Jax.

Learning: Talon, Kennen.

Pm me if you want to play some time.

Also, the LoL community is AWFUL. I think it was Dorkly that rated it the worst in existence.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

Samael

Yeah, the LoL community is generally seen as incredibly toxic, and it is true.
People rage and insult each other randomly, or just try to make the game a terrible experience.
Thank god for /ignore name /ignore team
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Brandon

Got into the game recently myself because of word of mouth. Funny enough, I never played Dota which spawned it so I tend to miss all the call backs to that mod.

Currently I only own 2 champions. Tristana, who I got for free due to their facebook deal, and Lux, whos an amazing support/mage. Although with this week of champions Ive decided to save up and buy wukong next. I really like the monkey king

I would also agree that the community is pretty toxic. Make one screw up or have an unavoidable death and people are cursing you out. Luckily you can report people for that stuff. Its gotten to the point where if I see one FU or STFU Ill report someone after the game. Im just sick of dealing with it and I know enough reports will get them in the tribunal
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Shjade

Quote from: Brandon on September 29, 2011, 09:49:28 PM
Currently I only own 2 champions. Tristana, who I got for free due to their facebook deal, and Lux, whos an amazing support/mage. Although with this week of champions Ive decided to save up and buy wukong next. I really like the monkey king

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/subscribe-riot-games-youtube-get-unchained-alistar

If you want to get Alistair for free, follow the instructions on that link. Just have to subscribe to Riot's youtube channel while you're logged into their site, basically - can unsubscribe right after it unlocks, too.

Currently playing pub ARAM games for the hell of it.
◕/◕'s

Brandon

Im not a big fan of alistar (Taric is my support/tank of choice) but Ill get it all the same. Free champions/skins are always a good thing
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Shjade

Yar. I already owned him but figured, why not. I didn't get Riot Tristana only because I don't get involved with Facebook. ;p
◕/◕'s