Numeria by Torchlight [Iron Gods adventure path] (NO LONGER RECRUITING)

Started by Chulanowa, March 31, 2019, 03:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Tavarokk on April 06, 2019, 02:08:00 PM
The problem is that this delve is unlikely to be our initiation mission, for obvious reasons, and that's when an already fully trained, level 1 adventurer gets their first bit of action in the Society if they haven't already. A Confirmed Pathfinder going on their, at least, second deployment would presumably be level 2 and up. Likewise, a field commission needs to have some sort of deed it's been issued for.So just go with original Player's Guide options, with the single addition of allying with PFS at some point?

Thing is the Society is banned in Numeria. We aren’t known qualities so we might be sent in to make connections given our past

Thorne

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 06, 2019, 02:15:01 PM
Thing is the Society is banned in Numeria. We aren’t known qualities so we might be sent in to make connections given our past

That, and we're expendable; if we don't go and get ourselves killed, we might just be useful. If we do, well... we're not Pathfinders, our names aren't on the rolls and they've never heard of us, right?
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Thorne on April 06, 2019, 02:50:21 PM
That, and we're expendable; if we don't go and get ourselves killed, we might just be useful. If we do, well... we're not Pathfinders, our names aren't on the rolls and they've never heard of us, right?

Depends on the Venture Captain that sent us.  If it’s someone like Drendle Dreg, or some of the VCs in Absalom. We will have folks looking for us sooner or later.  Some of the faction leaders or VC at large types.  Yeah we’re toast

The few PFS scenarios set in Numeria tend to be nasty. My Gunslinger/Alchemist and her party don’t want to go back. Ever. Fun scenario though. Summoning cows and such for trap detection

Chulanowa

Quote from: Tavarokk on April 06, 2019, 02:08:00 PM
The problem is that this delve is unlikely to be our initiation mission, for obvious reasons, and that's when an already fully trained, level 1 adventurer gets their first bit of action in the Society if they haven't already. A Confirmed Pathfinder going on their, at least, second deployment would presumably be level 2 and up. Likewise, a field commission needs to have some sort of deed it's been issued for.

At the end of the day it's a vehicle for the PC's to be established as a group and showing up into the Adventure Path.  ;D My assumption would be less "someone sent us" and more "Hey, why don't we just go check out this town where they smelt skymetals?"

QuoteSo just go with original Player's Guide options, with the single addition of allying with PFS at some point?

Pretty much, yes.

Thorne

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 06, 2019, 02:57:58 PM
Depends on the Venture Captain that sent us.  If it’s someone like Drendle Dreg, or some of the VCs in Absalom. We will have folks looking for us sooner or later.  Some of the faction leaders or VC at large types.  Yeah we’re toast

That's sort of the problem with being expendable.
It's the most awful shock for the naive... ^^;

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 06, 2019, 02:57:58 PM
The few PFS scenarios set in Numeria tend to be nasty. My Gunslinger/Alchemist and her party don’t want to go back. Ever. Fun scenario though. Summoning cows and such for trap detection

Using SM that way is one of the things that makes me really hate PFS. :/

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 06, 2019, 03:08:30 PM
At the end of the day it's a vehicle for the PC's to be established as a group and showing up into the Adventure Path.  ;D My assumption would be less "someone sent us" and more "Hey, why don't we just go check out this town where they smelt skymetals?"

It might be less dangerous than Riddleport, and none of those skinflint dwarves! .. right?
... well, might be worse, but a stranger inn't going to know that. And Raz would laugh and laugh...

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Callie Del Noire

SM?

I dunno. I have fun with the scenario but damn more traps in one section than I’ve seen in half an earlier season.

Thorne

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 06, 2019, 03:30:41 PM
SM?

I dunno. I have fun with the scenario but damn more traps in one section than I’ve seen in half an earlier season.

Summon Monster.
Mind, this is the way /I/ run it, and your mileage may vary; a caster summons something, they tend to get the same individual every time, and they remember what went before. PFS feels more like table top MMO to me; there's no consequences, no real teamwork... I don't much like PFS.

My way of interpreting Summon Monster type spells has resulted in some interesting stuff, because by now it's a general assumption of our group. For example; I was playing a summoner who called in a dire lion to help with a difficult encounter, and one of the other players dropped a fireball in the room and caught the cat in it. My character wasn't willing to call the lion in again for a while, because she didn't want to risk it going after the other caster for the charbroiling... Augmented Celestial Dire Lion vs. kobold firebug = lizard lunch. :/

Unsurprisingly, we don't use summons for mine detectors. That's the rogue's job. ^.~

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Callie Del Noire

The player in question was using Summon Minor and playing a LN Thessalonian Wizard. Utter tool..you have players  that play their summons like you do.. and the rule on attacking other players applies to companions, edilons and summons

FYI.. character so far..

Alyssa Del Noire
Female human (Varisian) conjurer (extradimension) 1 (Pathfinder Player Companion: Black Markets 26, Pathfinder Player Companion: Cohorts and Companions 17)
CG Medium humanoid (human)
Init +2; Senses Perception +2

Background:
Personality
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Alyssa Del Noire
Female human (Varisian) conjurer (extradimension) 1 (Pathfinder Player Companion: Black Markets 26, Pathfinder Player Companion: Cohorts and Companions 17)
CG Medium humanoid (human)
Init +2; Senses Perception +2
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex)
hp 8 (1d6+2)
Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +3
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee switchblade knife +0 (1d4/19-20)
Ranged light crossbow +2 (1d8/19-20)
Arcane School Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st; concentration +5)
   7/day—acid dart (1d6 acid)
Conjurer (Bonded Wizard) Spells Prepared (CL 1st; concentration +5)
   1st—abundant ammunition[UC], mage armor, magic missile
   0 (at will)—detect magic, ray of frost, read magic
   Opposition Schools Enchantment, Illusion
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 11, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 19, Wis 12, Cha 12
Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 12
Feats Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Traits numerian archeaologist, rich parents, spark of creation
Skills Craft (alchemy) +9, Craft (firearms) +9, Knowledge (arcana) +8, Linguistics +8, Perception +2, Spellcraft +8, Use Magic Device +2
Languages Androffan, Common, Hallit, Kelish, Shoanti, Skald, Undercommon, Varisian
SQ arcane bond (ring), hidden bond, reshape space
Combat Gear fire bolt (5); Other Gear blunted bolts (10), crossbow bolts (20), light crossbow, switchblade knife, arcane bond ring, 507 gp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Acid Dart (1d6 acid, 7/day) (Sp) As a standard action, ranged touch deals acid dam vs. foe in 30 ft.
Arcane Bond (Ring) (1/day) (Sp) Use object to cast any spell in your spellbook. Without it, Concentration required to cast spells (DC20 + spell level).
Enchantment You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Enchantment school.
Extradimension Associated School: Conjuration

Able to carry far more than they appear to, conjurers who focus on the creation of extradimensional spaces make especially good smugglers.
Hidden Bond (Sp) Change appearance of bonded item at will. Affect item with disguise self and magic aura.
Illusion You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Illusion school.
Point-Blank Shot +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.
Precise Shot You don't get -4 to hit when shooting or throwing into melee.
Reshape Space (1 extra time units) (Su) Increase duration of spells creating extradimensional space or demiplane.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Thorne on April 06, 2019, 03:25:04 PM

Using SM that way is one of the things that makes me really hate PFS. :/.

*Crotchety old grognard voice* Damn right! A cow is worth a whopping 10 gold pieces! On the other hand, just hiring a laborer costs 1 SP / week.

>:)

pdragon

Hope it's not too late to throw an application in. I plan to fill in the fluff later if it's acceptable.

Uloth Morn
lv. 1 Orc Huntress

Animal Companion- Valter
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 06, 2019, 03:59:46 PM
*Crotchety old grognard voice* Damn right! A cow is worth a whopping 10 gold pieces! On the other hand, just hiring a laborer costs 1 SP / week.

>:)

Far better than the Paladin drawing plasma turret fire

Chulanowa

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 06, 2019, 07:16:47 PM
Far better than the Paladin drawing plasma turret fire

I guess that depends on which side of the turret you're on, huh?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 06, 2019, 09:28:00 PM
I guess that depends on which side of the turret you're on, huh?

Yeah well let me tell you some of the fights were nasty. Warbors, particularly advanced ones..are scary

indarkestknight

Personally, I lean towards the theory that Summon Monster uses the Akashic Record (the demiplane) as a blueprint for whatever it is you're summoning, but that's just me.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Chulanowa

Quote from: indarkestknight on April 06, 2019, 10:54:16 PM
Personally, I lean towards the theory that Summon Monster uses the Akashic Record (the demiplane) as a blueprint for whatever it is you're summoning, but that's just me.

Summon Monster and Summon Nature's Ally work in a weird sort of handwavey way. You're both creating a creature and summoning a creature. Like you're taking the essence of a creature from another plane, and putting it into a created "shell" in the Prime Material. when the spell ends, you dismiss the summons, or the creature dies, what happens is that the shell "poofs" and the essence pops back to its rightful place in the multiverse, none the worse for wear. Like with Summon Monster III, you can get a wererat rogue... but you're not getting "Lonnie from Fish Market, the rogue who is a wererat," you're getting a sort of "universal default" idea of a wererat rogue, and assigning a body to it for the duration of the spell.

This is contrasted by spells like Gate, which create a literal portal between planes and call forth a fully-realized creature; if that thing dies, it's dead, that's it for it.

BlackStone

Bowing out apologies if I wasted people's time or offended

Muse

Here's some numbers: 

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1879358

Let's see.  I should formalize that backstory and compile this stuff all in one place!
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Tavarokk

Jeffrey Smiles
Male Neutral Human Bard (Archaeologist), Level 1, Init 3, HP 10/10, Speed 30 ft
AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 2, Ref 5, Will 2, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 0   
Light crossbow +3 (1d8, 19-20/x2)
Dagger +2 (1d4+2, 19-20/x2)
Studded leather armor (+3 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 14
Condition None

An orphan from the River Kingdoms, Jeffrey changed a fair few vocations prior to his arrival to Torch. Blacksmith apprentice, town scribe assistant, burglar, caravan guard, locksmith - that's just those he stuck with for any length of time. It's not that he lacked talent for any of them, but his irreverent nature - the very same that earned him the moniker 'Smiles' - and reckless curiosity saw to it that he never stayed in one place for long enough to master the trade and settle down. The latter, combined with his aptitude and love for complex mechanics, meant he had no chance in hell to resist the lure of the tales from Numeria speaking of the vast ruins full of unfathomable, living machines.

At Torch he became a scavenger, one of many roaming the wastelands in search of alien technology and materials, as well as anything else worth selling. While less experienced than most, he had the advantage of education, however haphazard, and sufficient insight to study and understand the goods he was dealing in. That was likely what set him apart enough, along with his lack of local attachments, to be approached by the Pathfinders. Finding it a good opportunity to get his hands on the stuff the Technic League jealously hid away from common scrubs like him, Jeffrey signed on without a second thought.

Chulanowa

Everyone is looking solid so far! Just a reminder, tomorrow night is the cutoff; I'll be making picks after I get off work. So if anyone's still holding out, now's a great time!

Tavarokk

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 09, 2019, 03:05:54 PM
Everyone is looking solid so far! Just a reminder, tomorrow night is the cutoff; I'll be making picks after I get off work. So if anyone's still holding out, now's a great time!
There's no need to finalize gear selection at this stage, is there? I feel like procrastinating on adventuring gear picks, because noting supplies and mundane tools down is the most tiresome part of filling out the charsheet.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Tavarokk on April 09, 2019, 03:27:08 PM
There's no need to finalize gear selection at this stage, is there? I feel like procrastinating on adventuring gear picks, because noting supplies and mundane tools down is the most tiresome part of filling out the charsheet.

Truly, a man after my own heart :-) yeah, can hold off on gear purchases. We all know it's just going to be "weapons, armor, bag, rope" anyway ;D

Muse

Good afternoon, Chula, what would you like me to add?  :) 

Thorne

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 09, 2019, 04:59:54 PM
Truly, a man after my own heart :-) yeah, can hold off on gear purchases. We all know it's just going to be "weapons, armor, bag, rope" anyway ;D

You forgot the most important item.
Booze. In a pinch, can help light camp fires (you'll want the high-proof stuff for this, none of that namby-pamby wine), numb injuries, CLEAN injuries and solidify camaraderies. Oh.. and keep the water from going bad, although a little vinegar will also do this just fine.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Chulanowa

Well, since I'm already late on recruiting, I'm gonna go ahead and live this up until friday night, just in case there's anyone else out there who wants to give it a shot.  ;D