Murder on the Elliquiy Express (IC Thread) [Day 3]

Started by Kip, March 25, 2010, 08:17:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScorpioQueen

She smiled in delight as te woman agreed to join her. "Sir, I'll take another double shot of whiskey please." She ordered hoping this will help make her sleep easier tonight. "Thank you so much for joining me, it's so interesting how this has happened, I never thought I would be around something like this. I just hope I'll be able to make it to my grandmother's, I'm ScorpioQueen by the way, it's a pleasure to meet you, sorry it's under not so great circumstances." She takes shots and makes a painful face at the taste of the hard alcohol.
I'm your queen, you will obey me! Now tie me up and spank me!

sinera

Sinera did her best to distract Cardwolf from his worries, and herself from her own fear. What had started as a great adventure... well it was still an adventure, one that would make for a good story to tell her grandchildren, should she live to tell the tale.

She smiled brightly at Cardwolf, "The food here is so delicious; if this is to be my last meal, at least it's a good one," she laughed wryly, then sobered. She could hear music and laughter coming from the other end of the amusement car. Apparently other passengers were using these hours in the best way possible themselves... though the music seems to her a bit rushed, the laughter too bright.

Fear was a fellow passenger tonight.

O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Cardwolf

Cardwolf looked across to Sinera and nodded.  "It is indeed, its a wonder more people didn't come."  He said with a faint smile and ate his eggs mechnically, they really had no taste now that fear had seeped in.  He was controlling himself, keeping himself calm for now.

Kip

As night fell, Kip once more appeared in the doorway to the lounge carriage flanked by his immaculately dressed staff.  With a wordless smile and a bow, he acknowledged the passengers who looked at him in expectation.  A small step sideways allowed his staff to flow into the carriage and place a sparkling gold envelope in front of each passenger.  A quick glance showed that each had the passenger's name written on the envelope in exquisite calligraphy. 

When opened, a small key could be seen together with a piece of jewellery, obviously expensive and matched to both the passenger's choice of clothing colour and style as well as their personality.  Rings, pendants, necklaces, earrings and bracelets were discovered much to the joy of the passengers.

When the passengers looked back up, Kip and his staff had silently departed.

Carriage A -
Suite 1 - Cardwolf
Suite 2 - Eden
Suite 3 - Kyrsa
Suite 4 - Marguerite
Suite 5 - Izu

Carriage B -
Suite 1 - Aiden
Suite 2 - Ryven
Suite 3 - Sinera
Suite 4 - Valerian
Suite 5 - Caeli

Carriage C -
Suite 1 - Saffron
Suite 2 - Trieste
Suite 3 – ScorpioQueen
Suite 4 - Mithlomwen
Suite 5 -

Carriage D -
Suite 1 – Beguile’s Mistress
Suite 2 – Esoteric Myobi
Suite 3 - Imogen
Suite 4 - Pixilicious
Suite 5 - Remiel

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

ScorpioQueen

After receiving her golden envelope from the handsome Kip she opened it slowly. If in fact the murderer were to commit a crime again this evening, this could be the last place she was to rest herself. She opened the envelope and was shocked to see such a lovely ruby crafted beautifully into a shiny ring. She smiled as it had lightened her mood just a bit and began to put it on instantly. She looked around to see what the others had got realizing that each piece fitted with that person. ScorpioQueen thought how marvelous this train was and how well they satisfied their guests, if only they could save lives. A little sadden, she said goodnight to the few people she had spoken with and wished them a safe night and retreated to her room in hopes to see another beautiful day.
I'm your queen, you will obey me! Now tie me up and spank me!

Trieste

Sliding long fingers under the flap of the envelope, Trieste heard a small jingle. Folding one ankle across the other, she slowly opened the parcel and peeked inside. With a murmur of delight, she found herself withdrawing an amethyst-studded silver lorgnette adorned by a long purple silk ribbon ending in an exquisite silver clasp. She had to resist the urge to affix the clasp immediately to her breast, instead searching out her carriage assignment. C. Pursing her lips, she glanced around to others in the main carriage, but could not see the letters on others' keys. With a faint little shrug, she quit her seat and made her way toward the appropriate carriage.

Cardwolf

Card sighed a looked into the envelope that had been afforded to him; after some debating he opened it slowly and looked inside to find a surprisingly elegant piece of work.  Upturning it from its simple package was a single ring looking almost like a normal high schooler's, though the stone was an elegant emerald hue with a obsidian laid in the center.  He touched it and examined it easily wondering how such a wonder could be made, then noted he was in carriage A and moved in to lay down for the night.

Imogen

Imogen let out a happy little squeel when a single teardrop pearl slithered into her palm, amidst a the delicate glow of a fragile golden chain. "Oh look." She breathed, raising her eyes to Remiel. Her lashes fluttered as she battled the overflow of emotions. The surprise and happiness was too much in contrast with the tension and fear that had loomed over the carriage before. "Isn't it beautiful? Oh, Remiel, please help me?"

Gently, she offfered Remiel the necklace and turned her back to him, raising her hair with one hand in simple trust. On the table lay her envelope and the key to cabin D3, forgotten.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Remiel

Remiel opened his envelope, and was quite surprised to discover a subdued, yet still stylish, gold ring inset with a platinum band.  He turned the ring over in wonder--surely it had cost almost as much as the train ticket?  No doubt it was some cheaper alloy, minted to resemble pure gold.  He slipped the ring onto the fourth finger of his right hand.

At Imogen's request, he smiled, and consented, taking the necklace from her and then raising it to her neck when she turned her head and lifted her hair out of the way.  His eyes widened at the sight of her slender, white neck, her skin smooth and creamy.  Fighting a temptation to lean forward and press a kiss upon the back of her neck, he instead fastened the chain together and then sat back to appraise the results.

"It becomes you well," he said, grinning shyly.  "The pearl perfectly complements your eyes." 

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile's fingers were steady and sure as she accepted the envelope and opened it.  Sliding the tip of a fingernail under the flap she pulled out the sheet of paper with her car and compartment assignment leaving only the heavier item that slid from one end to the other as she tilted the envelope let the contents fall into the palm of her hand.

She stared in wonderment at the gold chain and the pendant hanging from it.  The bluest, clearest, most perfect oval-cut sapphire surrounded by tiny diamonds dangled from her hand leaving her breathless.  Catching the necklace up in the palm of her hand Beguile gathered her belongings and rose gracefully to her feet.  She glanced at the compartment assignment and left the lounge.

The clacking of the wheels and rumbling of the train accompanied her and her thoughts as she recalled that same walk the night before and the news that had greeted the passengers that morning.  What would tonight bring she wondered?  What would the next morning's news be?  Closing and carefully locking the compartment door behind her Beguile laid her beautiful necklace on a table and got ready for sleep.

Autumn Sativus

Saffron would pick up the envelope gently, after she'd seen what several others had pulled from their own, she was a little excited about what might be contained within. A slight gasp lifted from her lips as she found the obsidian pendant hanging from a white gold chain, just a little longer than a choker. It was perfect. With a smile she placed it around her neck and looked at the key that accompanied the jewel. C1, the key mentioned. She nodded slightly and decided that after staying up in the dining car the previous night, she would do well to try and get some sleep.

She retired to her room, hoping that there would not be any news in the morning, and that perhaps it had not been murder but an accident that had taken the life of LadySky.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Esoteric Myobi

Myobi was slightly apprehensive upon receiving her envelope but this quickly dissipated as the others opened theirs with little gasps of pleasant surprise. Slipping open her own, she carefully slit the side, stopped for a moment to examine the beautiful calligraphy. Pouring out the contents into her cupped palm, she picked out the little key and noted the D-2 before pocketing it. Her attention was solely on the shining pool of silver. Finding the latch she held it up to see that it was a dangling choker. Threaded silver wound about the neck, diamonds dripping down in lovely streams in an inverted triangle.

Returning the marvelous piece of workmanship to its envelope, she placed it into her purse and looked around briefly, wondering which of the other patrons would be frequenting the same carriage as herself tonight. As a few others were already making their way to their rooms, she decided to follow suit and made her way out of the lounge and in search of her suite.

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Pixilicious

Pixilicious came in, taking the envelope with the key to her new sleeping quarters.  She looked around at everyone, knowing that night was fast approaching.  A shiver ran through her body as she thought about the death the night before.  She knew that she could be the one that was murdered next, and that thought sent a tight knot into her stomach.  She knew that most people would never make it off this train alive if the rumors were through, but she didn't think she would be so close to being the next victim as she was right now.
Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class

Kip

Halfway through the night, an almighty scream echoed through the train - a scream that seemed to go on and on.  There was fear, terror and no small amount of shock contained within.  As the passengers nervously streamed out of their rooms, they saw Kip and his staff running down the corridors towards Carriage D.   Brave souls followed along and before the concierge could arrange for the body to be covered, the face of Pixilicious could be seen as could the knife jutting out of her chest. 

"Please, Ladies and Gentlemen!  This is not a scene that you want to see.  Please return to your suites or to the lounge and I will address you all shortly."

The staff carried out a quick examination of the poor deceased's suite and there was a further shock in store for the passengers.  A hesitant and distinctly nervous voice echoed over the train's public address system.

"This is Kip speaking.  I bring good... and bad.. news.  We have discovered a collection of weapons in Pixilicious' suite - knives, ropes and even a gun.  They all have the same embossed initials on them - as did the weapon she was killed with.  It is apparent that she was one of the murderers on board the train.... but her weapon was turned against her.  I don't know what this means but I fear it cannot bode well.  We'll be arriving at our next station shortly - who should we remove from our midst?"

-----------------------------------------

Voting can now begin for the day three disembarkation.

Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
Caeli
Cardwolf
Eden
Esoteric Myobi
Imogen
Izu
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Mitholmwen
Remiel
Ryven
Saffron
ScorpioQueen
Sinera
Trieste
Valerian

~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Ryven

"Hmm...if Pixi was a murderer, could she be the one that also murdered LadySky?  Could there be more than one?  And who would be brave enough to fight such a crazed person in the dark of night?  It appears we're at square one again.  Umm...Sinera?"

Kye

Kyrsa sank slowly down onto the nearest seat, obviously shocked by the events of the night.  "I... I knew Pixilicious, I never even suspected.  If someone I considered a friend could be a murderer, anyone could be.  Someone else in her cabin had to kill her, even if they did us a favor by taking out someone so dangerous, it was still murder.  What do you have to say for yourself Esoteric Myobi?"

Autumn Sativus

Glad that one of the murderers had been removed from the train, the new concern was who had murdered the murderer. Sighing, Saffron looked around at those who had shared a carriage with Pixi the night before. "I'm unsure, but Imogen might know something about this."
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

sinera

"Your powers of perception amaze me, Ryven. I'll have you know I was in my suite in Carriage B listening to the Sonoric Serenade of the passenger in Suite 2." Her eyes glittered with amusement, knowing full well he was the occupant of that suite.

"I think Pixi must have had an accomplice. They argued, said accomplice murdered Pixi." How else could it be explained? Surely the odds of having more than one murderer aboard were astronomical!

She looked at Imogen. "Did you hear anything?" She knew from experience the suites weren't soundproof!
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Imogen

Imogen bolted from her cabin, her hair was mussed from sleep and her demure nightgown fluttered around her knees as she ran through the corridor. "Oh no! Remiel!" She screamed and tried to look past the staff. Oh please, she thought, not Remiel. Her knees buckled with indecent relief when she learned the victim had not been someone she had known well. She collapsed onto a hall bench by the window and pressed her fist against her mouth in silent terror.

Shivering, Imogen looked up when she was addressed. The teardrop pearl swung and settled, it had not left her throat since Remiel had fastened the clasp the evening before. "I...I can't believe it. How can she be dead? I mean, if she is a murderer and we had a psychopath on board...." She bit her lip and let her voice trail off, unsure of how to finish that sentence without shooting herself in the foot.

She shook her head and stared glumly at the cup of tea a caring waiter had brought over. "I didn't hear anything. Nothing at all." A blush crept over her cheeks. "I slept." And she had dreamed oh so happily until Pixi's scream had ripped the pleasant visions apart. It had been a rude awakening from looking down at beautiful Vienna from the Prater's Riesenrad, Remiel's hand in hers.

"It can't have been Sinera." Imogen protested logically. "She wasn't even here. It has to be Beguile’s Mistress, Esoteric Myobi, Remiel or myself." That wasn't going to enhance her chances of staying aboard, but as realization sank in that she had spend the night in a carriage with not one, but two murderers, Imogen wasn't certain if she didn't prefer taking the long route to Vienna. If not for Remiel and fear for all the other innocent passengers, as well as a stubborn desire to make her dream journey work, she might have prefered disembarking.  She clutched Kip's gift between her fingers and looked around searchingly.

"It wasn't me, and I trust Remiel." She blushed, knowing her reasons for trusting him. "So that leaves me with the choice between the other two, Esoteric and Beguile's Mistress."

"Beguile's, have you seen Pixi last night?"
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Kip

Current Voting :
Imogen - 2 votes : Saffron, sinera
Beguile's Mistress - 1 vote : Imogen
Esoteric Myobi - 1 vote : Kyrsa
Sinera - 1 vote : Ryven
Aiden
Caeli
Cardwolf
Eden
Izu
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Mitholmwen
Remiel
Ryven
Saffron
ScorpioQueen
Trieste
Valerian

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

Esoteric Myobi

Myobi stared blankly at Kyrsa for a moment, completely befuddled as her mind was still reeling from recent events. Having left her own suite soon after the scream had pierced the silent night air, her appearance was rather disheveled. Similarly dressed as a few other patrons were in a mere gown and slippers, realization of Kyrsa's accusation dawned slowly in her eyes.

Quote from: Kyrsa on April 06, 2010, 12:28:16 AM
"I... I knew Pixilicious, I never even suspected.  If someone I considered a friend could be a murderer, anyone could be.  Someone else in her cabin had to kill her, even if they did us a favor by taking out someone so dangerous, it was still murder.  What do you have to say for yourself Esoteric Myobi?"

"W-what? Me?" Aghast, she almost thought she was still dreaming though sleep was the farthest thing from her mind at the moment. "I would never! Even if she had been one of the murderers, for the better or for the worse I couldn't even think of taking another's life..." Not to mention she was sound asleep until mere moments ago.

As Imogen declared that she had heard nothing, she glanced over at the other two passengers. "Perhaps Remiel had heard something from his room?"

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Ryven

Quote from: sinera on April 06, 2010, 01:35:45 AM
"Your powers of perception amaze me, Ryven. I'll have you know I was in my suite in Carriage B listening to the Sonoric Serenade of the passenger in Suite 2." Her eyes glittered with amusement, knowing full well he was the occupant of that suite.

"I think Pixi must have had an accomplice. They argued, said accomplice murdered Pixi." How else could it be explained? Surely the odds of having more than one murderer aboard were astronomical!

She looked at Imogen. "Did you hear anything?" She knew from experience the suites weren't soundproof!

"Clearly you do not see the nature of my vote.  With Pixi found as one of the murderers, do you not think that whoever killed her was doing so in self-defense?  Good on them.  I have no one to suspect.  Keep in mind, there is a security guard still on board.  They could have easily been the one to have defended themselves.  Then again...you'd have to be crazy to take one with murderous intent.  Hmm...I change to Beguile's."

Trieste

Mithlomwen

Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Marguerite

*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You