The Hangover: Fantasy Edition! (D&D 3.5)

Started by Inerrant Lust, January 20, 2012, 01:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inerrant Lust

Okay, I'm going with the following;

Arren Weatherbie (Female) Dizzied
Guinevere (Female) Yesiroleplay
Ashendar (Male) Tuckers02
Callistara Darkeye (Female) Callie Del Noire
Tallyrand Ambroise (Male) Muse
Myar (Male-ish?) Ryvaken

Any preference on the thread location? If I didn't already have eight thousand RPs going on there, I'd say Exotic Small Groups. :P

One more wouldn't hurt I suppose..

Snake

Awww bummer. I guess they were the best out of the bunch or ones you simply liked more XD

Can I ask what it was I did wrong if anything? So I can add it to my list of things to work on.

yesiroleplay

I think Non-Con: Exotic Small Groups seems most appropriate - simply because I'd rather not have the restrictions of a "light" game, even if we never go beyond those restrictions

tuckers02

Callie Del Noire

tuckers02

Quote from: Snake on January 22, 2012, 03:30:50 PM
Awww bummer. I guess they were the best out of the bunch or ones you simply liked more XD

Can I ask what it was I did wrong if anything? So I can add it to my list of things to work on.

Well, one thing i noticed Snake, and this is just an observation and not a criticism.  The game is level 11.  You had a wolf lord that had 6HD and a +3 Level Adjustment.  That means that you could only have 2 class levels (6+3+2=11).  Your current character concept was 6 levels higher than everyone else.  When dealing with monster classes, it's one thing a lot of people forget about and is overly complicated (like the rules for turning and rebuking).  A lot of players complain about the Level Adjustment rules but it's the best way that Wizards could think of to offset the balance of having monsters with special abilities in a mid to high level party.

Ryvaken

Woot! I thought a trapfinding build would improve my chances. No one ever wants to play the rogue or the healer *_*
In creativity, meaning.

Inerrant Lust

Another part of it was, and I'm sorry I didn't say this because I was juggling a lot of things already, the transformation between man(or woman) and werewolf (Or Were-she wolf) on top of the transformation between genders seems like a bit much. :P It's a bit exotic for the idea of the party, as I had to be convinced even for the changeling. (Still not sure how that'll work out entirely...)

And who doesn't ever want to play the rogue anyways? I <3 Rogues. :D

Huzzah!

tuckers02

Oh, I love rogues.  One of the first things I do is get the Darkstalker feat.  Can't go wrong being able to sneak attack creatures with Blindsense, Blindsight, Tremorsense, and Scent.

PS.  I'll create my spell list once I know what my character knows we are going to be facing.  Does the characters know we're going against a dragon?  Do they know what kind of dragon?  Do they know what other minions they are going to be facing?  Once I know the answer to those questions, I can create my spell list.  Luckily I'm not limited to set spells like Wizards and Sorcerers.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: tuckers02 on January 22, 2012, 05:41:10 PM
Oh, I love rogues.  One of the first things I do is get the Darkstalker feat.  Can't go wrong being able to sneak attack creatures with Blindsense, Blindsight, Tremorsense, and Scent.

PS.  I'll create my spell list once I know what my character knows we are going to be facing.  Does the characters know we're going against a dragon?  Do they know what kind of dragon?  Do they know what other minions they are going to be facing?  Once I know the answer to those questions, I can create my spell list.  Luckily I'm not limited to set spells like Wizards and Sorcerers.

ppbtt...

<hand's a sheet of paper to tucker> feel free to read it.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

I memorized explosive runes today! BOOM!

ShadowFox89

Let me see that first....

*uses Voracious Dispelling on the note*
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 22, 2012, 06:04:10 PM
Let me see that first....

*uses Voracious Dispelling on the note*

ahh ah!

It's been established.. mage blows up rogue.. no interferring!

tuckers02

I once played a Svirfneblin Rogue in an underdark game that killed his party's priestess to gain favor with a higher ranking priestess.  The rest of the party then hunted for him but never found him.  The higher ranking priestess then rewarded him by geasing another rival priestess to be his 'servant'.  He then repayed that priestess by opening the gates of Menzoberranzan from the inside for an army of Duergar.  The priestess promptly cast 'Invisibility Purge' and killed him but he was forever praised by the Duergar as the hero in the downfall of Menzoberranzan.

I then had a Drow True Necromancer that the GM mistakenly sent two Crypt Chanters against.  After rebuking them, we then came up against a clan of Yuan-ti.  Then with my 9 crypt chanters, 4 Drow skeletons, 2 zombie ogres, and a zombie bullette; we attacked a Drow outpost.  Within a matter of weeks, I had conquered the entire Underdark and turned it into an undead wasteland.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: tuckers02 on January 22, 2012, 06:27:26 PM
I once played a Svirfneblin Rogue in an underdark game that killed his party's priestess to gain favor with a higher ranking priestess.  The rest of the party then hunted for him but never found him.  The higher ranking priestess then rewarded him by geasing another rival priestess to be his 'servant'.  He then repayed that priestess by opening the gates of Menzoberranzan from the inside for an army of Duergar.  The priestess promptly cast 'Invisibility Purge' and killed him but he was forever praised by the Duergar as the hero in the downfall of Menzoberranzan.

I then had a Drow True Necromancer that the GM mistakenly sent two Crypt Chanters against.  After rebuking them, we then came up against a clan of Yuan-ti.  Then with my 9 crypt chanters, 4 Drow skeletons, 2 zombie ogres, and a zombie bullette; we attacked a Drow outpost.  Within a matter of weeks, I had conquered the entire Underdark and turned it into an undead wasteland.

We were playing a campaign where we were moving against an invasion from the underdark. Our biggest task was to take out a Koa-tu city. We snuck in and scouted the perimter. Then we damned the river above them, using Move Earth and Walls of Stone (scrolls are handy) Then at the high point..we turned the 'choke point of the damn (which was a wall of stone) to mud..and the let several MILLION tons of water take out the lower districts while our priest used a spell of spacial folding to get in behind the leaders as they came out to save the day. We unloaded and killed half the leadership in an hour instead of a two week siege. :D

tuckers02

One of my favorite monster races are pixies.  I once created a pixie rogue 11/warmage 5/wild mage 6 character for a Gestalt arena game once.  You had to make a caster level check in order to see through the invisibility with a divination spell or spa and she could cast 'Disintegrate' as a flatfooted touch spell 4 times for between 26-31d6 damage if they failed the fort save or 11d6 damage if they succeeded.  She only lost once.

I then made a 2nd level pixie monk that had an AC of 39.  That only used the core books.

ShadowFox89

One of my favorite monstrous race characters was a kobold warblade, level 15.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Callie Del Noire

Mine was a Fey'ri gestalt Bard/Warlock-Acolyete of the Skin. Redefined 'Social Monster'

Aoife

Well darn, now we have lots of fight people...

Hrm...

Cleric!  I summon YOU!

tuckers02

Aoife

Missed the point about a chosen group too :D

Anyway folks, have a whole bunch of fun! Maybe next time for me :)

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

Talyrand Ambroise
Chaotic Good
Human
Male

Class:  Swashbuckler 6, Duelist 5

Swashbuckler, lover, man among men, *coughprettyboycough*, is a wise cracking ladies man with a flashing rapier blade who

doesn't quite realize that he's somewhat efeminate. 

Strength   12   +1
Dexterity   14   +2   18 +4   
Constitution   14   +2
Intelegence   18   +4
Wisdom      8   -1
Charisma   14   +2   18 +4

Hit Points   99

Armor Class:   22   (Bracers of Armor +3, Dexterity +4, Dodge +4, Deflection +1)
--Flat Footed   14
--Touch      19

Fortitude   6 +2 +0 +0 =d10+8
Reflex      6 +4 +3 +0 =d20+13
Will      3 -1 +0 +0 =d20+2

Iniative   d20+6

Base Attack   +11
--Melee/Grapple   +12
--Ranged/Finesse +15 +10 +5

+1 Rapier
--TAB:      +16 +11 +6
--Damage   2d6+6
--Critical   15X2
--Sheds light in a 20 foot radius. 
--Free Draw from within 30 feet. 

+1 Quick Loading Hand Crossbow
--TAB      +16 +11 +6
--Damage   d8+3
--Critical   19x2
--Amunition   100

Class Abilities: 
Grace +3
Insightful Strike
Weapon Finesse

Feats: 
L 1:   Aprentice: Performer
L 1:   Crossbow Sniper 
L 3:   Versatile Performer
L 6:   Mobility
L 9:   Improved Critical: Rapier

Skills:
Ballance      13
Bluff         14
Diplomacy      9
Escape Artist      14
Jump         14
Perform: Versatile   14
Sense Motive      14
Speak Languege      1
Spot         6
Tumble         14

Common
Draconic
Elven
Giant
Gnomish
Sylvan

Stuff and Stuff:  66,000
16,000   Gloves of Dexterity +4
20,000   Rod of Spleandor

8,335   +1 Quick Loading Hand Crossbow
    10   100 Standard Bolts
9,000   Bracers of Armor +3
3,815   +1 Illuminating Rapier set with a Least Crystal of Return

500   Magic Bedroll
   800   Magic Feedbag
2,000   Ration Box
2,000   Heward's Handy Haversack
3,500   Ring of Protection +1 and Endure Elements
   Explorer's Outfit
   Flint and Steel
   Silk Rope and Grapple, Shovel, and Crowbar

Platinum   1
Gold      9
Silver      9
Copper      10
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

yesiroleplay

Marie Reynolds

So is their still room for more characters?

Inerrant Lust