Seeking a song translation

Started by AndyZ, July 13, 2014, 01:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

Been looking for something off and on for quite some time and figured I could throw this out to request help.

Nana Mizuki - Zettou Ameno Habakiri

Here are some of the bits I know from the show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1czISzUPXY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjhQWoy33ZE

The best I've been able to find has been admitted guesswork and doesn't seem to be even close.  Granted that it's better than I or Google Translate could manage, but there's a huge difference between "I slash apart what I see before me" and "Nay, end as a droplet of the world."

There may be more to this than I understand, and if so, explanations would be appreciated.

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Sho

Didn't have time to do the translation myself, but I think this is what you're looking for: it has the kanji version, the romanji version, and the English translation all on the same page.

Link!

Hope that helps!

AndyZ

Appreciated, but I'd already found that one.

Quoteyo no shibuki to hate yo

The anime translates it as "I slash apart what I see before me" but the site says "Nay, end as a droplet of the world."

Google Translate, once I get to what I believe is the right kanji, says " of the world without saying a Shinogo"  Googling Shinogo gets me nowhere.

It's entirely possible that whoever put the words in the upper right of the anime took a few liberties.

A great example of the issue is the Slayers song "Give a reason for Life"

"I'm not afraid of getting hurt, but I'm not strong, either."

I'm not afraid of getting hurt, but it's not hard to erase

I'm not afraid of failure or wounding my pride
And I'm not that strong but I know I'll survive

And so on.  The only thing I can figure is that the song is heavily beset with idioms and references (the name of the song refers to the blade of a specific sword, after all) and that's what's causing all the problems.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.