News:

Main Menu

Ventrilo Harassment

Started by Sabby, November 24, 2007, 05:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

www.ventriloharassment.org

A website that goes into Ventrilo servers, a voice chat program used for games like World like Warcraft. They use recorded sounds and voices from songs and celebrities like Arnold Shwarzenegger, Duke Nukem, Vegeta, and generally annoying sounds like theme songs and explosions.

The result is annoyed, frustrated and angry gamers, and the results are recorded and posted. Some are kind of boring, but some are just too funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7nTJtugo3w&eurl=http://www.ventriloharassment.org/31-40.htm

^^^ The best so far

Jeramiahh

And this is why I'm glad my guild uses a PW protected server. =P
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Sabby

The Happy Happy Joy Joy one is annoying... the best are the ones where the ventrilians actually play along.

kongming

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Sabby

"I'm Chris Hanson, and I like rape"

King_Furby

Ok the girl who was getting harassed is either just slow or a total idiot. I mean come on your going to really stay in a server with someone doing that. I think she actually enjoyed the harassment otherwise its easy to just go to a different server. Especially in a game you can always go somewhere else. I think she sort of deserves it in a way, just for being stupid.

Don't mean to sound harsh but she could have used better judgement and got out of the server.

i enjoyed that video and will be watching more.

Sabby

Her names Peggy. They made a sound board of her and used it in a video. Her recorded voice came into someones Vent and went "What the hell are you doing in my vent?"

It was very convincing.

"What the fu-BOOOOOOM! Buhahahahahaha!"

Xillen

It's complete fake. You can see exactly who's talking when you watch the Ventrilo screen, and you can mute someone in under a second.

Also, if it's her own server, like she says, then she can easily check the IP of the person and probably recognize who it is, and even if not, it's easy to ban that person off the server. Of course if the harasser has proxy's to play with he can come back a couple of times, but that's not what's happening here.

Sabby

VentHar has been doing this a while... a lot of different videos. I do not think its fake. If it is, then they've gotten a lot of good actors at the age of 12  ::)

Avi

O_O  *rolls on the floor laughing his ass off*  I'm sorry, this is just hilarious.  God bless Ventrilo-harassment.  This is the most creative way to piss off WoW addicts I've seen yet.

Best One:  The Mask, "AAAAHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Sabby

"Uhh... Stimpy just signed in... hey Stimpy" .............. "Heyyyyyyyy Rennnnnnnn... I got a surprise for youuuuuuuuuu" ..... "What the fuck?" "HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!" "Dude, mute him..." "No man, be happy!" "Fuck you, mute him" "I don't think your happy enough" "Fuck off!"

Monochromatic

XD... This is why I talk to my guild on skype only.  Also, the angry lady and the guy who finds it hilarious sound exactly like two guild mates of mine. I thought it was them at first O_O.

I love this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wgSDTABf1I

Sabby

Ok... when did gaming become a friggin job? I've been going through some VentHar videos, and these people sound like they're working in an office. They're in a game, and someone has the audacity to pop in for a joke and enjoy themselves (how dare they have fun on WoW! >= ( its serious business!), and in drawling monotones everyone is all "Ok, tomorrow, I'm going to pull out the IP logs and blah blah blah continue with continue quest, move to password protected server"

Seriously, have some fun you guys! This isn't a 9-5 job, its a freakin' game!

Jeramiahh

Eh, I don't take raiding nearly as serious as some people... but considering that a good raid can represent an investment of 6 or more hours, right there, and a failure (which can be caused by the smallest things, sometimes) meaning tacking another 20 minutes onto the time, not counting the countless hours it took to get there, or to gather the supplies for the raid (a good two to three hours a week, for a week of raids)... harassment of the chat server can lead to a lot of pissed off people. It'd be like someone walking into a game on here, and, every third post, adding a youtube video. You'd be pissed too, wouldn't ya?

For the serious people? Well... a slip-up in my casual raids means a loss of twenty minutes and some light-hearted joking. For the top-tier people who DO treat it like a job? Slipping up, even slightly, can result in serious penalties, as much as being kicked from the guild, for something relatively minor, primarily because the stakes are higher - 20 minutes for me, and it might be an hour or two for them, and about 3-5 times the out-of-raid time investment.

Just adding my 2 cents.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Sabby

Still feels like way too much seriousness to me. The moment a game stops being fun and starts being an 'investment' with 'consequences for failure' ... well, I can have all that, and get a pay cheque :P

Jeramiahh

Yeah... but then there's that sense of accomplishment, at the end. When everything works right, like poetry in motion. There is nothing quite like getting a few dozen people, all working together in unison, your hours of work finally paying off, as you clash in an epic battle with these truly titanic opponents.

I mean, one of my favorite fights... after fighting off three waves of insanely powerful minions, including a wave of animated weapons that, after being beaten, you can pick up and wield, the boss himself, this big, bad guy, whose influence you've felt throughout the entire region, the hours upon hours of quests it took to get to the point you could fight him... he finally steps out, halfway through the fight, truly majestic. Then, just when he starts losing, he basically says, "fuck you," walks casually to the middle of the room, despite getting pounded on, then channels all of the power he's been stealing from the earth around his fortress into himself, rises up into the air, blows the roof off the building, then sends your entire party into the air along with him, to continue this fight, almost in space.

And beating him doesn't end the story. When you finish, he appears in the sky over the capital city, threatening doom and destruction to everyone, then flees to a second base, elsewhere, where you can go to finish the battle, at a later date.

Blah, I know, it probably doesn't sound as cool as it looks, but it's definitely something else, and worth the hundreds of hours of time invested to see.

Sabby

Hey, never said WoW isn't fun. In fact, what you just described sounds awesome! =D but surely you can prepare, plan and co-ordinate all that (and it does sound like a lot of team effort) and still enjoy it. I mean, the rewards of such an epic and long quest are one thing, actually having a lot of fun doing it... eh, you get what I'm saying :P of course its a big thing, but laugh would ya.

Jeramiahh

Oh, yeah, I really do enjoy all of that stuff; the problem is, would you like to be playing a baseball game, and have a guy with a super soaker run out on the field and start spraying everyone playing? This feels like the same sort of thing, to me. I mean, yes, the guys playing baseball are having fun, but they don't want to be interrupted by that, do they? Would you accuse them of being too serious, even if they're just an office team, on the weekend?

Wow, I use a lot of analogies for stuff. =P I guess my mom is right, hehe.

Sabby

Actually, I would probably be in stitches. Even if it was a neck and neck game, seeing a guy run out with a water gun would have me rolling on the ground laughing.

King_Furby

I would like to see/hear Jim Varney ventrilo harassment. You know the guy who did the Ernest Scared Stupid movie and other Ernest films.

Sabby

Now that would be funny. I want one with Carl or Master Shake from the ATHF show.

Sabby

"Hey, wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?" "...sure?" "ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

Mostlyjoe

The Arnold ones were some the best. It was hard at first to tell that it was a soundboard. The others were mostly annoying.
Motivated goofball at your service.