Firefly: The Uncivil Wars -Recruting/seeking new crew (Closed)

Started by Aiden, April 12, 2017, 03:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

NOW RECRUITING!

Firefly: The Uncivil Wars is a new Firefly game that takes place after the Serenity movie. The game GM (storyteller) is Aiden

THE SHATTERING

"Lies, it was all lies. How long have they hid the truth from us. No more, it is time we demand answers..."
- Unamed Martyr (Before he was killed, the death was the last broadcast before the great network collapse.

Rebellion!

The Verse watched in horror as the events of Miranda came to light. An entire planet, more than that, an entire system had been systemically destroyed for what? Compliance? Test that were meant to turn people into empty drones instead they created the worst nightmares imaginable, the Reavers. The truth was finally out and with it, the people demanded more, what where they hiding! Protesting began, order turned into chaos as the alliance responded in force. Protest turned to violence, to terrorism, a declaration was made and the uncivil wars began.

No one was safe when the conflict began, the rich were prime targets. Private security became large business, the core worlds saw battles on their door step. The Alliance fleet all but useless as it continued to lick its wounds after the "Universe Battle". Political turmoil and civil unrest led to a declaration of martial law. All the worlds with alliance outpost were under siege as the cries of rebellion and freedom grew louder and stronger. Former brown coats took up the cause but a division became clear. The wealthiest families of the Georgia system backed the "browncoats" and led to the secession. 

The shattering, that was what many called it. It came after Miranda, but discord had been growing for a long time. Cracks had formed in the foundations of the Alliance and its illusions of civilization until the lies could no longer be overlooked. It tore the Alliance apart and rippled out like a stone dropping into calm waters. Nothing would be the same, ever again.

The Alliance splintered into factions with its core leadership forming the Allied Empire. The wealthy families of Georgia supported former Browncoat officers, who had long prepared to fight another day. They declared themselves the Confederacy and with their forces gathered and more ships arriving every day, they declared war on the Allied Empire and laid siege to many of the core worlds. On the rim, the Confederacy supports the rebellion against Allied Empire strongholds. One thing is clear, the Confederacy are not the Browncoats of the former war. They're more prepared and better equipped than the Browncoats were during the Unification War. Their goal: a better universe, a better leadership than the Alliance or its new Empire could ever offer.

The numerous factories and guilds unified to protect themselves when the Alliance failed to do so and became known as the House of Mao. These industrialists gained power through generation of wealth, opting to stay clear of any affiliation. Their ships and goods are sold to Allied Empire and Confederacy, as well as any buyer with enough credits. They have grown strong enough to take over their own planets and settlements, their work force ever growing by refugees and even slave labor, and people looking to get away from the wars.

The Allied Empire, while shattered, still has massive holdings and a powerful albeit a partly weakened army. It has lost land and control of the verse but they are not out of the fight. In fact, they are recovering and after "cutting the fat" by allowing former settlements to fall prey to Reavers, Mao, Confederates or the Cartels, they don't mask their intentions anymore. Those who do not accept their rule are imprisoned or become refugees. Compliance is mandatory.  Safety comes at a price, liberty.

The Cartels - Don't be fooled by their honey-coated words. Being taken in by the cartels means they own you. If you are lucky they will overlook you but never forget they will one day need a favor. The worlds they claim and hold are anything from paradises to crime-infested pits of drugs, prostitution and black market trading. Some people excel in this world, others fall victim. These worlds are not the place to play the hero. Heroes die at these settlements/worlds.

Where do you fall in to place?

It has been two years since the broadcast that started the wars. The global network that connected rim world outposts and communication have fallen. News is heavily-monitored and even censored, messages can take up to weeks to hear back from planets or different systems. Some planets grow isolated and prefer to stay that way, others send out distress signals that may never be heard. Some crews have taken to piracy, others to mercenary work, some to simple mail and transport delivery. If you have a ship you can easily find work, the question is, what side do you fall on?

The Five Major Factions in the Verse

The Allied Empire -(Core Worlds)
The Confederacy (Former Browncoat worlds, Rim worlds)
The Cartels (Anyplace they can gain a foothold)
The House of Mao ("free or abadonned planets")
The Reavers (Raiding savages)

Players can be former Alliance, but not currently Allied Empire. They can be Confederacy, a member of a Cartel, a member of the House of Mao, and obviously not a Reaver. This game follows a crew living in this hostile world mostly taking place in the uncharted/unknown Blue Sun System. Not a lot of canon to go off of which makes it for a fun setting while sticking to the core setting which makes the Firefly Verse so great!

Where is this game starting?
This game will mostly take place in the Blue Sun System, formerly Reaver space, (In the show).  The Reavers are still a threat but they have spread out to the verse. Many of these planets have been recolonized/contested by the Allied Empire, Cartels, Mao and the Confederacy. It is a "Modern" gold rush and cut off planets are being targeted for their holdings and resources. '

How are we starting?
Our current crew just managed to get off a planet they crash landed on. They had all been prisoners from the Empire for one reason or another. After their prison ship was attacked by a Confederate ambush, they managed to evade the bloodbath that followed and surive on a unknown planet before running into the harsh reality of House Mao. After making an unlikley alliance, they were able to leave after agreeing to take to the sky as a crew.

Aiden

We currently have the following:

Captain/ Heavy gunner/former Browncoat turned Confederate Officer who was sold out by the men he trained.

Core World Elite Doctor who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. While she could return back to her life, some realizations have surfaced that maybe she isn’t as prepared or content to return to a happy “blind” life as a member of the “Elite” class.

Crack shot pilot, Persephone native with no affiliation but themselves. After she was wronged by someone she was close to, she was caught up and became a prisoner of the Empire.

Browncoat sympathizer/rebel who operated illegal radio transmissions for the Confederacy without knowing she was supporting a faction that was just as bad as the Empire

Links

OOC

Approved characters

Our Players find themselves prisoners of the Empire, onboard a prisoner sharp dubbed the "Ice House" which is en route to a moon prison in the Blue Sun system. The journey is interrupted by a Confederate force seeking to rescue their captured soldiers. All the other prisoners are fired upon if they get in their way.

Those that band together, manage to steal a drop ship and escape only to be hit by an EMP pulse bomb that sends the barreling down onto a nearby unknown planet.

Those who survive and don't attempt to go off on their own, learn that this planet is currently under the control of Mao. After managing to escape capture, they find an unlikely ally who is takes them in and asks to help them rescue his clan. The crew sets off only to find the clan mates had freed themselves and welcome the prisoners happily as they celebrate their freedom. Despite not doing anything, they are rewarded a ship and given a choice to stay or leave.

Chapter 3 (starting soon)

Aiden

Don't let the plot intimidate, it just sets up a new golden age for people looking to carve a life for themselves if they got the wits and will.

Niferbelle

Aiden

Rebelle

Did.... I hear that there might be a shiny ship 'round these parts lookin' for a crew?

Might be interested.

>.>

Got an idea for a char to boot

And might bring along another willing vic..er... player

ElvenKitten

Aiden

Here is the code for our character sheet, go ahead and write one up and post it here in this secftion or PM it to me.

Keep in mind we do have some crew already, so it would be best to work around that. Some overlap is not bad, but we won't need a second primary pilot or doctor, etc etc.

At this time, we only have one male character opposite three, something to consider as well.

[float=right][img height=400 padding=15](Picture goes here)[/img][/float]
[b][size=14pt]Character Sheet - Firefly: The Uncivil Wars[/size][/b]

[b]Character name (real name):[/b]
[b]Pseudonym(s) (if any):[/b]
[b]Role(s) on board:[/b]
[b]Faction:[/b]

[b]Criminal record (If any):[/b]
[b]Bounty (Allied Empire):[/b] (If none, leave blank)

[b]Planet of origin:[/b]

[b]Language(s) (must include English):[/b]

[b]Physical description:[/b] Images work, please spoiler

[i][b]Ship and Combat Skills (Please limit these to one major and two minor skills):[/b][/i]

[b]Personal skills:[/b]

[b]Background:[/b]

[b]Goals and priorities:[/b]

[b]Ons/Offs (also please link to the player's own):[/b]

Offs:

Aiden

Regarding any new characters and how to bring them in game, our crew is going to stop at a small space station to look around and might take on a passenger or potential crew mate.

Niferbelle

CurvyKitten

Woot! we have lured you all in. HAHAHA. I mean Yaay new players :P

I can't wait to see what you all come up with. And if anyone wants to plot with Namid feel free to poke me.

Caela

Oooooo....I knew you had a Firefly game running and was hoping you'd add crew/open recruitment eventually!

Need to look at current crew and see where you're at but I'll be tossing a sheet your way within a few days.

ETA: So insomnia means making new sheets and sending them in faster than initially anticipated lol. Apologies if you get it twice Aiden, the wifi at our hotel totally sucks.

Niferbelle

As usual, it's taking me forever to get the character sheet done >.> Working on a guy who's basically security and better on the ground than in the air. He should be useful though.

Undine

Cannot wait to see what you all come up with - and if there's anyone who'd like to work with Doc Liz, or anyone I can help collaborate with? Feel free to PM, any time  :)
How to bait for an Undine   My O/O's
  When Undine makes for the deep waters My A/A's 

“‘Unable to perceive the shape of you, I find you all around me. Your presence fills my eyes with your love. It humbles my heart, for you are everywhere.’” ~ Giles, The Shape of Water
My F&S fascinations:  Elegance Wild and Grace Forgotten

Aiden

Quote from: Niferbelle on April 16, 2017, 10:15:00 AM
As usual, it's taking me forever to get the character sheet done >.> Working on a guy who's basically security and better on the ground than in the air. He should be useful though.

Awesome, as Herc is currently the only other guy on the crew.

Niferbelle

Aiden

kongo

Do you have room for a reader on the crew? She's an urchin on the station but could become a stowaway on the ship...
Every heart must play its part...

Aiden

Sorry, I'm not interested in having readers in the game. I've already denied others looking for the same.

Still looking for one more, preferably a male to balance the crew a bit...not that I mind. 😂

Gremlyn

huge firefly fan here, happy to do male, what do you need?

Correction - looks like the best slots are already taken.

Shame I missed this early on. Just my cup of tea. Have fun.

kongo

No worries, she'll catch the next ride... ;-)

Have fun!

Every heart must play its part...

greypsychman

I am a big Firefly fan. Are you still looking for male characters? I would be interested in playing if you are.  I usually run a browncoat soldier when I have played games in the past.

Aiden

Sure go ahead and submit a sheet, we have plenty of browncoat/ confederacy sympathizers but this crew won't be be picking a side.

With that, I am placing recrutiment to hold, thanks to all who have submitted sheets and followed this thread.