The Walking Dead/Left 4 Dead RP - 4-6 People wanted! M/F

Started by Gladiator0161, February 13, 2012, 12:47:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gladiator0161

Ok, so I just finished watching an all day marathon of The Walking Dead, and this was my first time watching the show.
In my opinion it was pretty good, hell of a lot better than alot of shows I've seen on tv, that's for sure. Anyway, the set up is pretty much the same, we all play survivors that somehow find each other and we try to survive in a zombie infested apocalyptic world. Now, there are two types of viruses and infection types, that I'm going with from the show, air born and direct contact, meaning if you get bitten, you better get it cleaned pronto or you're dead.

I'd really like this to be an Original Character thing, but, if there's someone from the show you just HAVE to play, then I'm game. I'm new to the show so, I'm willing to let any inaccuracies slide.

Now, I love the Left 4 Dead video games, so I thought it'd be interesting if we threw in different zombies to make things interesting.

The ZOMBIES

Walkers: These are your slow moving average everyday zombie that only run as fast as their injuries allow them. So, the normal Human range of speed.

Hunters: These guys jump far and have razor sharp claws. They growl whenever they draw close to their prey.

Smokers: People that have smoked too much in their previous life and are constantly surrounded by noxious cigarette fumes. They have a looooong tongue that they can strangle you with. Easily detectable because of their hacking grotesque cough.

Boomers: Ugly fat monstrosities that throw up on their prey and summon hordes of Walker Zombies. Easily detectable by their gurgling and burping noises.

Spitters: These old hags have misshapen jaws and spit acid that spreads over a wide area.

Chargers: Misshapen things that have tank like hide. They use their one massive arm to cause massive damage, the other arm is small, shriveled up and almost useless.

Tanks: As powerful as their name suggests, these beasts have thick armored hide that can take a .50 caliber round easily. They are the strongest of all the versions but, not necessarily the slowest.

Witches: These little girls are fast, have razor sharp claws and red beady eyes that glow in the dark. They draw people close with their pitiful sounds of crying. Light startles them and sends them into a screaming clawing frenzy.

Wargtass

Haven't seen the show, but ZomAp always have eluded me in my endeavours of roleplaying. I am intrigued and has bookmarked for now, got sleep to catch up.
O/O

cowgirlonup

omg LOOOOOOOVE the show I'm a walking dead freak! although i've never played left 4 dead :(

Contacaton

I am a horrible horrible jerk, and you should not trust me.
If you choose to anyway, look here.

antech

If you don't mind me being pretty new to roleplay I'd love to do this =)
O/O - - - - - Requests

Sorry if my replies are coming slowly for the next week or so - I'll do my best to get back to you ASAP though.

Gladiator0161

Wow, nice turn out. Alright, well assuming everyone that posted in this is in. We'll get started on the character planning process.

At this point I'm only interested in basics. Antech, since you're new, I'll take it easy on you, lol. These are the basics for planning out your character in a roleplay thread.

Name: (duh)

Sex: (duh)

Physical Appearance: (How tall your character is, what build they have, hair color and eye color. Pictures are great for this)

Personality: (This is more for advanced players but, I figured I'd include it in case there was a particular personality you wanted to use. This is optional)

Past Occupation: (What your character did before the Zombie Apocalypse. It can be anything you can think of but, remember, you are going to be playing with other players. So, whatever you choose plan on being a team player, even if it is a reluctant one.)

Rules:[/i] I really only have two that I insist upon. (This is mostly for Antech since he's new to roleplay. No disrespect is intended to anyone.)

With every Roleplay website, there are rules and etiquette that make gameplay easier for everyone. A general rule in Roleplay for most sites is ...
1: No God Moding or GM-ing. Example: "Susie shoots Lily with a shotgun, killing her instantly." (In this example your character is Susie, Lily is another players.)

Solution: Rather than write a definite "Susie shoots Lily" write "Susie pulled the barrel of the shotgun up, aiming it at Lily. A second later, Susie pulled the trigger."  The difference being that your intention is made clear but, you leave your partner with a chance to dodge the killing blow. (This really is the most important rule to me personally.)

2: Please make your responses to previous posts atleast a paragraph in length, that's five sentences (you'd be surprised how many people don't know that). Doing so gives others more to reply to and makes it easier for everyone.

Sorry if that's a little much for what might be your first time Antech. Hope I wasn't too harsh.

Gladiator0161

Now, this bio is my character and the way I do alot of my bios. This is not for everyone, this is optional.

Name: Francis "Frank" Stone
Sex: Male

Physical Appearance:

Height: 6'3"
Weight: 220

Personality:

Frank likes to keep things simple, the more complicated the subject, the more frustrated he gets. He's quite intelligent when it comes to surviving in the wild, manual labor, fixing machines and vehicles, handling weapons, and identifying herbs or poisonous animals. He's confident when working with his hands, whether it's using his fists on someone, or fixing something doesn't really matter to him. He's also a bit of a cook having been raised on a farm and then learning how to survive in the wild while traveling with his biker gang. When he's really mad, he tends to take off to a quiet place to draw or just think. He tries to control his anger since it's led to some bad times in the past but, he can only be pushed so far before he blows and starts throwing punches. Most of the time he's actually pretty nice, if a bit crude and blunt, and it's anyone's guess whether he'll follow direction, authority or no.

Past Occupation: Hunter and Farmer Current Occ: Survivor/Biker.

History:

Frank was raised on a farm in Bozeman, Montana learning to raise crops, get a feel for manual labor, and to hunt along side his father, Darrel. He balanced his life as a farmer through his public schooling years until he graduated at the age of 18. He went to college to learn how to be a mechanic, as he'd always had an interest in cars and especially motorcycles. During his college years, he met a biker gang called The Steel Angels and joined them soon after. He traveled all around the United States with the Steel Angels, helping them to survive in the wild, get small jobs, and fight off any rival biker gangs they happened across. Soon after he graduated the virus hit, turning most of the earth's population into mindless zombies, and most of the gang fell victim to it, turning into what he later came to call,"Walkers". The rest of the survivors from the gang stuck together and kept moving, raiding any building they came across and gathering supplies. Soon though, the gang separated. The gang eventually dwindled down to four remaining members, and two of them had Alpha personalities, Francis and Bill. Francis was the first to separate from the group, realizing that two Alpha personalities would never work well in a group. A college girl named Alice was also a part of the gang, and she had a rapport with Francis, so she decided to go with him.

Francis and Alice now travel on his Harley Davidson motorcycle heading towards Kentucky.

Chipotle

Name: Emma Shaw

Sex: Female

Physical Appearance:

Height: 5'5"
Weight: 115
Build: Scrawny, agile, quick and coordinated
Hair color: Dirty blonde
Eye color: Hazel

Personality:
  • easy-going, nonjudgmental and accepting
  • generous but hates feeling taken advantage of
  • pensive but easily distracted
  • critical of herself for being undisciplined and indecisive
  • cares too much about what others will think of her
  • fears conflict and being ignored or not taken seriously

Past Occupation: High school student, skateboarder/longboarder.

History leading up to infection:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Emma was a disorganized student from a comfortable American home who never really knew what she wanted out of life.  An enthusiastic longboarder who preferred cruising the roads in the sunshine, she simply enjoyed living and hardly ever thought about the future.  The 18-year-old slacked majorly her senior year in school until she was on the verge of failing every subject but writing...and P.E., of course.  Who can possibly fail that?  In any case, the stress got to her the weekend before her exams...she put off studying again and again, trying not to think about it, until Sunday night rolled around and the girl was totally overwhelmed.

That evening, Emma retreated to one of her favorite secluded downhill spots that night, thinking hard about life and praying she'd never have to take a stupid exam again.  The more the girl throught, the more she tried to skate her mind into numbness...she tore down the hill more and more recklessly as the night went on, until finally, the girl pushed herself too far.  A wild board slide went out of control and she lost her footing, and she picked up road-rash across her shoulder as she fell skidding across the pavement.  Wincing at the pain and feeling empty, she just lay in the middle of that dead still road fighting back tears for several minutes, bleeding as she stared up into the stars.  Oddly enough, as she looked up into the brilliant night sky, she began to feel more and more at peace.  Her emptiness and confusion evaporated and everything seemed so clear.  The constant stars would always be there to shine down on her, and no matter what happened during these awful exams, it wasn't the end of the world...she would still be there, too.

Emma slowly sat up, wincing at the rash on her shoulder.  She rose to her feet and scooped up her board.  Embarrassed about the wound, and not wanting to explain it to her mother, she decided to ride over to the hospital where her dad worked the night shift.  He would understand...he always did.

Contacaton

Name: John Plier

Sex: Male

Appearance: About 5'7", 120lbs, Caucasian, green eyes and brown hair. Slim, though not skinny. His left pinky has been completely amputated.

History: When John was 13, his left pinky got infected by a cut which was left untreated. By the time he was taken to a hospital it was too late, and it had to be amputated. He has never really missed his pinky very much, although he has occasionally regretted its absence when its phantom has ached. Other than that, John's life has been pretty unremarkable. Got a job at the local supermarket, never fallen in love, and hasn't moved up the ladder much since. With a couple hobbies sprinkled around the side, it's not a grand life, but it's good enough for him.
I am a horrible horrible jerk, and you should not trust me.
If you choose to anyway, look here.