WI†CH HΦU§Ξ [HθθD ΓΔ†] (Recruiting, Male Characters Please)

Started by Flower, June 05, 2014, 09:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flower

Flower

Hey! Thank you for taking the opportunity to click this thread. Let me be the first person to say, we as a community of writers, would be thrilled to have you create a character for our story. I do understand joining what can be considered a "big game" can be intimidating but hopefully this thread will alleviate your fears and erase any reservations you might feel towards joining this corner of E!

Who is this RP open to?

First, let's tackle that term: Big Game. Even though Witch house has its own forum, it still acts very much like a rural town rather than a metropolitan city. Everyone within this game is friendly and accepting of others. Diversity, whether if of race, religion, sexual orientation, or what have you, is not only encouraged but genuinely accepted within this game. All we really ask of a potential writer is to actively involve their characters within the story and respect their co-writers within the OOC. We prefer to leave all drama and chaos to our characters.

Why is this game in the extreme section?

Don't let the forum in which Witch house is placed deter you from creating a character. Witch house is placed in the Extreme section because it allows our writers freedom without constantly worrying if something does not fit a particular section of Elliquiy. In our opinion, Extreme is a one size fits all type of pants. With that said, no one will attempt or try to coerce you into writing what you are not comfortable with. If such happens, please inform the GMs and it will be taken care of accordingly. Hopefully that will not happen as our writers are considerate and would never intentionally try to place you within that type of situation. Thus far, Witch house had not had any scenes which are categorized as "true extreme" such as gore, bathroom play, or bestiality.

What is Witch house about anyway?

Witch house is a freeform sandbox type of story which takes place in New York City within the year 2013. So it is a fairly modern and realistic game. It is centered around a group of trouble and lost inhabitants who have their own series of flaws which are developed for the better or worse throughout the course of their story. Whichever path you wish your character to take is completely up to you. Witch house if full of drama, humour, romance, and tension. There are several plot lines simultaneously running and the game is themed around the interaction of characters and their relation to each other.

So, pretty much, if you want to create a character who is disturbed either psychological to have a lack of moral center, struggling with perhaps a drug addiction, or just got caught up with the wrong type of crowd then this game is for you. If you want to play a character who is not disturbed, that's fine too! However, they might be corrupted by those around them or they could possibly pull some characters from their dark holes of despair. That's the beauty of Witch House.

What does the tagline 'addiction unites us' mean?

Addiction is a common theme throughout the game for nearly all of the characters. All of them are addicted to something whether if it is drugs, pain, another individual, or their past.

Types of characters you can play?

Most of our characters are in their twenties. For the sake of character relations, I would recommend you create a character within the range of perhaps 17 to 25 years of age. As stated earlier, you can pretty much create whatever type of character you want. New York is home to a vast assortment of people who come from all types of backgrounds. It is home to recently immigrated families, the poor, the rich, and those who have moved from other states. However, outright psychopaths, murderers, or anything of the sort will be denied. Your character doesn't have to be full of cheer but villains who are hellbent on mass destruction are not desired.

If you're interested in creating a character, please fill out the below character sheet. Send to Dancing Flower. If you also have any questions, concerns, or just want feedback about your idea, please send us a message. I am more than happy to help you craft your first character.  :-)

Character Sheet
[center]
[size=14pt]Write your character's name here[/size]
[IMG]*insert link here*[/img][IMG]*insert link here*[/img]
[IMG]*insert link here*[/img][IMG]*insert link here*[/img][/center]

[b]History:[/b] What is your character's childhood? What have they been doing in recent years? Are they natives of New York or recently moved there for personal reasons? All of these questions do not need to be answered. It's just to give you a little push on what can be written within this section. Please write two or three paragraphs.

[b]Personal Style:[/b] What does your character usually wear on a daily basis?

[b]Theme song:[/b] Is there a song which directly speaks to your character?

[b]Player:[/b] *insert your Elliquiy name here*

Are you still uncertain of what type of character to create?

Don't feel bad or become annoyed. We have another option available for you. Witch house has pre-made characters which are available for you to take over. They come with a loose history which you can alter as you see fit and they already have friendships or enemies with other characters within the story.

Pre-made characters available:

Character taken
Damien

Damien was born in L.A., California. He grew up fast and became a hell of a con artist before finally settling into the business of drug dealing. He runs a cartel using the facade of a carnival. He has a seductive charm and lives a fast, glamourous kind of life. He's all about money, drugs and sex. Above all else he likes to be entertained, often finding himself bored with ordinary life. He's clever, charming and devilish.

Yvette

Yvette was born and raised in South Africa and speaks both English and Afrikaans, but has a thick Afrikaans accent even when speaking English. Her parents who live in South Africa still, are very wealthy and leave Yvette with a plentiful allowance to play with. Yvette is currently attending one of the most prestigious fashion universities in New York. She met Yuri at a party and quickly developed strong feelings for the rebellious young man, though she is sure those feelings aren't mutual as Yuri is seemingly incapable of truly caring for another. Yet, she still pursues him hoping that some day he might learn to.

Roman

Roman is the younger brother of Yuri. The two, once very close are now at odds with each other. Roman especially hates Yuri and blames their mother's death on him. Unlike Yuri, Roman never picked up much of an accent. Roman is scheming, scandalous and mischievous. He enjoys toying with others and their feelings. He enjoys pushing Yuri to his limits. He bears a resemblance to Yuri, but his eyes are a deep blue, unlike Yuri's blue-green eyes and he keeps his hair longer.

Moraline's Checklist

• What section of E will this game be located? Is it a system game? This game will be placed in the extreme section of E. It's a freeform game.
  • Who is the RP open to? We're open to all races, genders, sexualities, etc.  :-)
  • Short Summary of Player Roles and General Story/Plot. Witch house is a freeform sandbox type of story which takes place in New York City within the year 2013. So it is a fairly modern and realistic game. It is centered around a group of trouble and lost inhabitants who have their own series of flaws which are developed for the better or worse throughout the course of their story. Whichever path you wish your character to take is completely up to you. Witch house if full of drama, humour, romance, and tension. There are several plot lines simultaneously running and the game is themed around the interaction of characters and their relation to each other.
  • Setting? The game takes place in modern New York City.   
  • Game Pacing? We are a leisurely paced game. Sometimes our writers post quickly like within two days but other times it can take longer. 
  • How much sexual activity is likely to occur or expected, if any? Sex happens within the story although it isn't really the focal point for all characters. Some characters are more driven by it however it is sometimes laced with manipulation or desire for something more than physical gratification.
  • Is there a tagging used within post?  Yes, you can find an example of how it will be arranged within the first post of each in-character thread. 
Game Master Info / GM(s) Participation Level (If/where applicable)

• Will there be a Co-GM? No.
  • How guided will the play be(sandbox, directed etc)? This is a sandbox game. Most of the plot created is through the ingenuity of our writers. The GM is there to make sure you get connections within the game and to sometimes guide you towards character interaction. Sometimes there are main social events for all characters to swarm around.
  • What extent will players be allowed to create/use environment or setting details? New York is super big and has tons of crap to do. Use it! But, yes there is always a but, certain stuff like cops chasing someone in a getaway chase would need to be approved first to ensure the circumstances are realistic. <3
  • How NPC's will be handled? To be continued...Need to think on this one
  • How active will the GM be? Octy is pretty much here every day. Dancing flower is around E every day as well.   
  • Will there be an OOC thread? Yes, there is an OOC. Use it to talk with your fellow writers about plots and whatever comes to mind. I would prefer if interaction was kept at light flirting but nothing cyberish.
  • How to contact/approach GM with questions? You can use the OOC thread or send a pm message. Whatever you prefer.
  • How will decisions be resolved? Decisions will be resolved through Dancing Flower. I do sometimes ask for group opinion but the final decision is GM law.
  • What Writing style/POV? Third person, past tense, ability to write 3-8 paragraphs   

Flower

Frequently Asked Questions

• Where is the prior content of the story located? I see the individual threads but there are no posts within them as of right now.
    In the past, Witch house operated on a one thread system. However, for our semi-fresh start, we decided to incorporate multi-threads as they are easier for our writers to navigate and track when involved within multiple scenes. If you would like to read our prior content, please click this thread.

• What is does 'Witch house' the phrase mean?
    Witch house is just a style of music that reflects their drug-induced states and some times lives even- which would be like teenage trash. Here's some examples:
    Ghetto Ass Witch by †‡†
    Gucci Mane Round One (S4LEM remix)

It's what gave me the idea for the characters I'd created and for the role play. Hood rat, is simply some body who makes trouble and is generally looked down upon by others.

If you have any questions on a matter, we're more than happy to offer clarification.  :-)[/list]

Flower

-Updated FAQs

Character ratio
    Male: 10
    Female: 10
    Total: 20

Even still, I would like to see another guy or two. Then some girlies cause I'm greedy.  ::)

Flower

Timeless

>->;;;

<-<;;;

Uhm. I'll just put my tentative interest here. O:)

Flower

Aww Timey. Any questions you have me on yims or you can message me here.  :-)

Keldia

Quote from: Timeless on June 16, 2014, 09:24:20 AM
    >->;;;

<-<;;;

Uhm. I'll just put my tentative interest here. O:)

On the one hand... >:) Do it Timey...

On the other...  O:) Do it Timey...

<3
    Ons/Offs (Coming Soon!) | Storytelling Annex | Absences & Apologies | Post Tracker
    Current Response Rate: Playing Catch Up! [~7 Days]

Timeless

Quote from: Dancing flower on June 16, 2014, 09:26:22 AM
    Aww Timey. Any questions you have me on yims or you can message me here.  :-)

I'll definitely keep in mind! <3333 *rolls over to go and tackle-glomp in YIM!*

Quote from: Keldia on June 16, 2014, 09:28:25 AM
    On the one hand... >:) Do it Timey...

On the other...  O:) Do it Timey...

<3

D: Darn it, Keldia, my dear! Tempting me more! O:)

ClockworkShadow

<attempts to steal Timeless' halo, with the intention of trying to hide her horns with it> >:)

I'm intrigued, thusfar.  It kind of reminds me of an old IRC roleplay that I used to run, except there was a lot more demonic/supernatural stuff going on in the background, behind closed doors. :P

Still, realworld corruption and depravity has massive potentials. :)

A/A

^ zee-oh-em-gee, it has an update ^
    I am back... sort of.  I'm trying, anyway.
    o_O

Keldia

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 16, 2014, 09:37:42 AM
    <attempts to steal Timeless' halo, with the intention of trying to hide her horns with it> >:)

I'm intrigued, thusfar.  It kind of reminds me of an old IRC roleplay that I used to run, except there was a lot more demonic/supernatural stuff going on in the background, behind closed doors. :P

Still, realworld corruption and depravity has massive potentials. :)

What's life without a little drama and corruption, right? ;)
    Ons/Offs (Coming Soon!) | Storytelling Annex | Absences & Apologies | Post Tracker

Flower

Agreed. Lol, nice break from my supernatural games. Just some real world bleakness or sunshine depending on the character.  :P

ClockworkShadow

Indeed! >:)  I'll be reading over the links provided and mulling over an idea.  Will keep you posted if I think of something awesome to submit!

A/A

^ zee-oh-em-gee, it has an update ^
    I am back... sort of.  I'm trying, anyway.
    o_O

Flower

I'm almost always connected to the net...slight addict...So if anyone needs help bouncing ideas because bouncing character walls are excellent to have at your disposal, just send me a quick message and I can let you know how that character would fit into the already made and played characters.  :-)

Waterfall

Possibly interested...just urban, with addictions?

~~O/O's~~A/A's~~
    Sleep, sleep tonight, and may your dreams be realized

Flower

Hey Waterfall.   :-)

Yes, Witch house is mostly an urban gritty story which focuses around the lives of troubled young adults.  However,  the addiction element can be twisted to your liking. For example, weight loss, clothes, money, drugs, or whatever you think of. If none of those appeal to you, you can always make a person of decent morals and background but I'm sure your character will be tested more than once by others who like being involved someone's downfall. Right now, we have models, a university students, artists, immigrants, drug dealers, sluts, users, and some others I can't think of.

Hope that makes sense.

PrestaDGTation

-strokes chin-

Hmmmm...!  If allowed, I could be persuaded to nibble on this world.
    "I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Flower

We would love to have you!

Just create a character sheet, found within this post, then send it to both Octopusdreams and myself. Questions are always welcome if you think of any during the creative process.  :-)

LimitlessNikkie

Keldia

kobrakid92

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on June 16, 2014, 02:55:44 PM
    So may pretty new faces! It's so exciting!

I second that notion! Hello to all visitors and all possible newcomers. If anyone has any questions then feel free to ask any of us. We're all nice and helpful here and don't bite, unless we're told to or asked.  :-)

Flower

Thanks guys.  XD

-main post updated to reflect decision to abort multiple residential threads and consolidate to three threads ♥

Sheng

Oh, this appeals to me a whole lot.
    I saw you said there was still room for more, is this still true?
    If so, what is required to join up?
    Crossing my fingers.
    This is my signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.
    Sheng's o/o

Flower

Hey Sheng.  :-)

There is definitely more room! All you need to do is come up with a character concept, fill out the character sheet, and then meassage it to Octopusdreams and me for approval.  I recommend that you create a character no older than mid-twenties.

Let me know if you have any questions!  ♡♥♡

blknwhite11

Hmmm.....

Seems like something that I'm interested in.....