News:

Main Menu

New Vegas Builds

Started by Callie Del Noire, October 18, 2010, 01:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meikle

I had to use the anti-materiel gun at the very end of the game because herp derp spoilers, but I didn't have too much trouble with that (but my character abused the hell out of chems, and I had the lowers-str-req stuff, so maybe I was doing okay with Buffout + Steady.)
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Sabby on October 24, 2010, 10:19:07 PM
No no no, not a sniper. Anti-Material Gun. It's the kind of sniper from WW2 that they used to punch through tanks >.> .50 cal ammo. Until I beef up a bit, it's just a really awesome shotgun. No seriously, it slams Ghouls into the wall so hard they'd be filled with shattered bones xD

Which is sort of like swatting flies with a sledgehammer since I rag-doll them from outside VATs range with my enhanced Varmit rifle.

Callie Del Noire

Has any body put a cap in that Rat the kids are chasing around in Freeside yet?

Sabby

Yep, and almost vomited x.x

The Varmint Rifle was great with a silencer, scope and extended mag, but after a while, it was just too weak... I had to upgrade.

mannik

I've found the hunting rifle is plenty to get the job done. Its a step up from the varmint rifle and with a good sneak attack can take the head off of just about everything I've come up against. I also suggest getting Boone the sniper to join your party, as he can usually pick off anything you can't in just a few shots.

I do want to try the actual sniper rifle, but so far haven't got up enough caps. I'm also curious if there is a silencer for the hunting rifle as well.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: mannik on October 25, 2010, 02:06:55 AM
I've found the hunting rifle is plenty to get the job done. Its a step up from the varmint rifle and with a good sneak attack can take the head off of just about everything I've come up against. I also suggest getting Boone the sniper to join your party, as he can usually pick off anything you can't in just a few shots.

I do want to try the actual sniper rifle, but so far haven't got up enough caps. I'm also curious if there is a silencer for the hunting rifle as well.

Haven't seen one yet (silencer) but the action, scope and mags make Boone a happy camper now that I turned in four snowglobes and got my very own sniping rifle to go try out.

Sabby

Giving evil a try. My SPECIAL is 10,1,10,1,1,7,10. If he can't eat it, punch it, or blow it up, he doesn't care xD.

Oh, and he's hispanic. Bald with a Pedro stash. Names Horhay. He's sick of mopping your floors, eh.

Sabby

Bah, autosaved into an unwinnable situation... so Horhay has to go. Will try again later.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Sabby on October 25, 2010, 03:19:10 AM
Bah, autosaved into an unwinnable situation... so Horhay has to go. Will try again later.

What was yours? Mine was six heavily armed legionaire assassins with a mad on for me.

Sabby

Uhm... the shop keeper in Goodsprings... >.< Level 2, no health, no stimpacks.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Sabby on October 25, 2010, 04:08:25 AM
Uhm... the shop keeper in Goodsprings... >.< Level 2, no health, no stimpacks.

Bad Sabby! Come back five levels later and smish him! Right now I'm pissed that I lost Boone.. got to find him again.

Callie Del Noire

Ah.. the Anti-Material Gun.. or.. the "I have to blow BOTH the heads off that Bahraim from 4000000000 meters" gun

Hemingway

As is my custom, my first character is all over the place. High perception ( four eyes, lolz ), high agility, high intelligence, low luck, low charisma and mediocre everything else. Well, except one extra point in endurance. Brotherhood of Steel, you know. Can't slouch in that power armor. My skills ... likewise. It was easier in Fallout 3. With some skills, like speech, playing a much larger role, it's harder to ignore them. I'd probably be better off starting a new character with better focus, but damn, the game is huge. Just getting to where I'm at now took longer than most games take to finish, and I'm nowhere near done. It's insanely huge.

Haha, appearance-wise, my character resembles Damian Lewis. Don't ask.

Inkidu

My current build is an red-head Asian chick named Vigil. High intelligence, agility, and endurance. Low strength, charisma, average perception and high luck. Uses one handed firearms only. (It can be done but you have to get a lot of mods.)

Small frame, and kamikazi (wrap your head around that).

Current loadout. 10mm machine pistol, 9mm machine pistol (though it has a stock, anyone else notice that) .357 with a pretty cylinder that makes it unbreakable basically and hopefully soon a long barrel. Silenced .22. I know I need to find something better, oh and a sawed-off for when things need to die. Slugs for the win!

Oh, and advice. Don't change difficulty in game. It can cause issues...
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

The conversation Perks are actually worth it this time... I got Black Widow and Cherchez Le Femme. Well worth picking.

Jude

They give some pretty strong perks in conversation.  In FO3 it was all about saving money and giving an alternate path to getting what you want, in FNV they let you do things you couldn't otherwise such as letting you bypass certain quests, etc.  The same-sex perks also sorta allow you to roleplay gay characters in some circumstances -- primarily when interacting with other characters who are gay.

Speaking of which, I didn't see anything about that here, but spoilers about two companions that are homosexual:  Veronica and Arcade.  I was really pleased they included some gay companions. :D

Inkidu

Damn it Obsidian! I had to scrap my character (see above post of mine) because Obsidian can't be bothered to bug test! Seriously did they just ship it with every bug and said, "F it we'll patch it later!"? I'm just made because it glitched out on me and every time I walked into the Crimson Caravan Co. Everyone in the building magically turns hostile and kills me! Not to mention a broken companion quest! E-D My Love.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Jude

Are you sure you weren't wearing an outfit that causes them to be hostile when you walked into the crimson caravan, such as a powder ganger outfit?

Inkidu

Quote from: Jude on October 28, 2010, 08:16:06 PM
Are you sure you weren't wearing an outfit that causes them to be hostile when you walked into the crimson caravan, such as a powder ganger outfit?
I thought of that. So I stripped to my character to her skivvies and told both my companions to beat it and herp-a-derp they still shot me to pieces. Not just the guards, no the caravaners themselves pulled out whatever heat they had and went to town. It's a glitch. I'm really just mad but I really wanted that character to do a lot of the quests and to scrap her over a bug is just painful.