News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurricane

If anyone would be interested in forming a 5 man team for ranked, I'd be in.

Send me a PM!

- H

Kaedia

So just got out of a game not too long ago testing out Phoenix Udyr. Prior to his recent change I was always 100% Tiger Udyr. Didn't much like Phoenix. After his latest change where the AoE procs on the first hit I have found I find it more enjoyable than before. I might have to practice around with him. Maybe try him top lane with my Rumble-esque build. Worth looking into. I really need to expand my champion pool a bit more. I'm slowly getting it to grow but not without effort.
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.
◄ The mark is a part of me, but it does not define me ►

Hurricane

Quote from: Zefie on April 20, 2013, 12:23:14 AM
So just got out of a game not too long ago testing out Phoenix Udyr. Prior to his recent change I was always 100% Tiger Udyr. Didn't much like Phoenix. After his latest change where the AoE procs on the first hit I have found I find it more enjoyable than before. I might have to practice around with him. Maybe try him top lane with my Rumble-esque build. Worth looking into. I really need to expand my champion pool a bit more. I'm slowly getting it to grow but not without effort.

I've only played Udyr twice, but don't you usually build him around two skills, and switch back and forth for maximum effect?

That way you get either Tiger or Phoenix for damage, Bear for the stun hit and Monkey speed when you switch...

Or were you just being rhetorical when you said "100% Tiger..."?

muddturtle13

Quote from: Zefie on April 20, 2013, 12:23:14 AM
Udyr is pretty brutal against melee champions top lane. The few times I played against him he just constantly pushed the lane at me. Everytime I tried to engage it was just... stun... run away...

Hurricane

Quote from: muddturtle13 on April 20, 2013, 12:32:23 AM
Udyr is pretty brutal against melee champions top lane. The few times I played against him he just constantly pushed the lane at me. Everytime I tried to engage it was just... stun... run away...

Who do you normally top with?

Whoa, around here that could mean so many things!

:D

Shjade

Hurricane, Udyr is unique in LoL in that he can't max rank all his abilities, so generally people tend to pump either Tiger or Phoenix and minimize the other while also putting points into Turtle for the defense/sustain and Bear for the speed boost (since he has zero other ways to close distance so the added speed boost kinda matters a lot). At least that's my understanding.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Kaedia

Quote from: Hurricane on April 20, 2013, 12:29:09 AM
I've only played Udyr twice, but don't you usually build him around two skills, and switch back and forth for maximum effect?

That way you get either Tiger or Phoenix for damage, Bear for the stun hit and Monkey speed when you switch...

Or were you just being rhetorical when you said "100% Tiger..."?

Sort of rhetorical I guess. What I meant is I tended to only put three points in Phoenix and never switched to it. It was just there. I would level Tiger and itemize toward making Tiger do as much damage as possible since Phoenix and Tiger require two different types of builds to be really effective. I would level Tiger > Turtle > Bear and when they were maxed Phoenix with my last three levels.

For maximum effect you switch between three skills usually; his damage skill you picked and his two utility skills. Bear for the quick stun, turtle for the shield, and your damage ability to... well... damage. Then switch back once the stun is off cooldown or your shield drops.

With enough CDR you can go Bear > Turtle > (Phoenix or Tiger) > Turtle > (Phoenix or Tiger) > Bear > Turtle. At least if I'm remember his rotations right. Tonight was the first time I played him in a loooong time.

Quote from: muddturtle13 on April 20, 2013, 12:32:23 AM

I could imagine that. I've seen him played top in a couple of streams recently and he looked pretty darn hard to deal with. Sort of what made me want to try him out, (>_<). He'd be hard to gank as well unless you completely blindsided him. I really want to try it... probably do that tomorrow. Seems like a pretty safe top lane who has a good potential to snowball and a stun to help with ganks.

Quote from: Hurricane on April 20, 2013, 12:39:08 AM
Who do you normally top with?

Whoa, around here that could mean so many things!

:D

I usually top Rumble if I have my pick of champions. He's so cute! And fun. And he sets people on fire. Fire is awesome.
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Drenlai on April 20, 2013, 12:06:35 AM
I was so happy yesterday to reach promotion, but immediately my next two games were troll filled. Seems to be the pattern for me in rank.

Good luck on your playing Sin, make sure to use bush to get Kha's passive.

I do, Kha going on sale is what brought me out of playing mid talon/kat/akali right now.  Mid was getting boring.  Kha is a beast mid game though with how teams been of late I pretty much get shafted when I jump in.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Aiden

My 3's team finally got into our division, we went 5-0 and got placed in Silver 2. Now we get to see how well our winning streak holds up.

apygoos

Ryven

Quote from: Hurricane on April 20, 2013, 12:16:12 AM
If anyone would be interested in forming a 5 man team for ranked, I'd be in.

Send me a PM!

- H

I wont do ranked, but I'll be happy to play any normal games with you or others.

Hurricane

Quote from: Ryven on April 20, 2013, 10:07:19 AM
I wont do ranked, but I'll be happy to play any normal games with you or others.

I'd love that too!

The new ranked structure has really inspired me to try and climb the ladders, but after a few attempts to just play solo que (and some bad luck with leavers and trolls) I realized I'd need some people I could trust backin' me up.

- H

Ryven

I'm good at backin people up.

ofDelusions

Spell

Yay, free Riot points for casting! o3o

Also, because of the job, I had to make a new account on NA since I'm EUW based myself. Feel free to PM me if you want to play some games with me on NA. =)
Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

Drenlai

I am interested in a rank team since summer is coming up.

Ryven

I'll try a ranked team since its likely the only way I'll get to play with any of you guys.

Kaedia

My attempts at top lane Udyr have been lackluster thus far... I need to work on my build. Still think it is worth learning if I can figure it out.

In other news I'd be willing to play normals with you guys when I'm not with my usual premade. Not much for ranked anymore. I only do it when the mood hits.
My Status:
Open.

Revelation

I'd be happy to play with people who aren't jerks, should you desire to play.

Spell

My NA account is only lv3 so I doubt that would work our properly (Aside from the 120 pimg 》_》)

Feel free to hit me up on EUW though
Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

SinXAzgard21

I really need to learn to jungle. 
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on April 24, 2013, 01:03:17 AM
I really need to learn to jungle. 

Jungling is easy.  Even I learned how to do it.

Shjade

Jungling is easy.

Ganking and ward control, which are key elements to being effective as a jungler, aren't so much.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Hurricane

Quote from: Shjade on April 24, 2013, 11:20:24 AM
Jungling is easy.

Ganking and ward control, which are key elements to being effective as a jungler, aren't so much.

I'd agree with this and add one more piece to the jungling puzzle - global awareness. A good jungler has to have a pretty good idea what's happening in every lane and be flexible enough to react to those situations to help tip the balance in their teammates' favor.

I can't count the number of times I've seen a lane where we're getting pushed hard or we've given up one or two kills and the jungler is on the other side of the map, happily grinding away on camp after camp.

Aiden

I'm not going to agree with the majority, learning to be a good jungler is hard. You are expected to be everywhere at the same time and if someone get killed because they didn't have the support they get pissed at you over anyone else.

I've jungled with Rammus, Voli and Rengar but I'm still learning. It comes down to team synergy, at least from what I am experiencing first hand when I do ranked solo/duo