News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on May 04, 2013, 09:45:00 AM
The entirety of ARAM isn't fair.

Well as I said, Riot is working on map specific nerfs and buffs for champions.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Kaedia

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Quote from: Shjade on May 04, 2013, 04:47:47 AM
Corki's ult doesn't really add much to teamfights, being more helpful for harass and siege. Once you get into a fight you can throw rockets for a little extra damage but it's going to run out of ammo fast if it hasn't already by the time the fight really gets rolling.

Quinn's interesting in that she's one of the most defensive carries. Played her for the first time in a 2v2 the other day against Riven and...hm. I can't remember who the other champ was. Another bruiser type. Anyway, Riven + otherbruiser vs. my Quinn and Ashe. Ashe got gibbed something like 7 times that match; they only managed to catch me twice. Between the knockaway dash/stun/slow for an anti-gap closer, the AE blind to prevent damage if you get collapsed on and the ult to either flee or chase, she's incredibly good for safe positioning. Her lack of consistent steroids (her only major one outside of the melee-range ult is shooting a target clipped by her random-targeting passive, not great for dps) means pretty much any other carry is going to outdamage her in a straight-up fight, but she can get herself out of nasty positions a lot of other carries couldn't and protects herself better than a lot of them. Just pays for it in terms of damage potential which, let's face it, means she's a weaker choice for end-game carrying since she just won't pack the punch of a farmed-up Vayne or Tristana or someone else with a built-in steroid. Draven would hugely outdamage her...but requires a lot of precise movement to do that damage, so I think he'd be a much less safe/consistent pick in the end anyway.

If I were the type to play ranked, I think I'd consider picking Quinn if I saw the enemy team had picked a kill lane for bot. Focus on outfarming them, play super conservative, avoid dying, profit. Don't think I'll be getting her anytime soon, though; I have enough AD carries already.

Corki is in an odd spot. Back in Season 2 he was one of the Holy Trinity of AD carries and now he's rarely if ever seen. Still though I feel his ult adds more to a team fight than Quinn does though his ult is more made for a poke comp. Have a Jayce top, Nidalee mid, Corki bottom and just toss out Corki ults, Jayce and Nidalee Qs. You aren't going to have a team fight really but if the comp works like it is suppose to the enemy should be at a health disadvantage when you do finally engage.

Since I only deal in 5v5s I can't attest to her strength in 1v1 or 2v2s buy you very rarely ever see kill lanes in ranked. Ranked is sickly conventional. Breaking the mold is taboo over there. In normals I'd say I see an unconventional bot one in every five games but in ranked I'd put that up to more of a one in every twenty. I know a few solo laners consider her to have good potential due to her dueling potential as opposed to people who main AD carry say she is lackluster due to her design. Being at 525 range also hurts her. A majority of AD carries are 550+. It feels like she was designed to counter diving bruisers; they gave her safety and took away damage for it. 

In the end I feel for 5v5 she is one of those champions who "if I spent X amount of time learning Quinn I could have spent the same amount of time learning Y champion and benefit my team more".

In other news more Rumble nerfs on the PBE. Maybe one day they'll decide he's balanced... (- _ -). Fun fact; other than bug fixes and quality of life tweaks Rumble has only been nerfed since his release in April of 2011. I'm hoping he gets a new skin soon too. In that same amount of time he's had no skin made of him other than the ones he released with. I believe he is the oldest champion to not have a skin made for him since his release skins.
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.
◄ The mark is a part of me, but it does not define me ►

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Zefie on May 04, 2013, 12:45:46 PM
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Corki is in an odd spot. Back in Season 2 he was one of the Holy Trinity of AD carries and now he's rarely if ever seen. Still though I feel his ult adds more to a team fight than Quinn does though his ult is more made for a poke comp. Have a Jayce top, Nidalee mid, Corki bottom and just toss out Corki ults, Jayce and Nidalee Qs. You aren't going to have a team fight really but if the comp works like it is suppose to the enemy should be at a health disadvantage when you do finally engage.

Since I only deal in 5v5s I can't attest to her strength in 1v1 or 2v2s buy you very rarely ever see kill lanes in ranked. Ranked is sickly conventional. Breaking the mold is taboo over there. In normals I'd say I see an unconventional bot one in every five games but in ranked I'd put that up to more of a one in every twenty. I know a few solo laners consider her to have good potential due to her dueling potential as opposed to people who main AD carry say she is lackluster due to her design. Being at 525 range also hurts her. A majority of AD carries are 550+. It feels like she was designed to counter diving bruisers; they gave her safety and took away damage for it. 

In the end I feel for 5v5 she is one of those champions who "if I spent X amount of time learning Quinn I could have spent the same amount of time learning Y champion and benefit my team more".

In other news more Rumble nerfs on the PBE. Maybe one day they'll decide he's balanced... (- _ -). Fun fact; other than bug fixes and quality of life tweaks Rumble has only been nerfed since his release in April of 2011. I'm hoping he gets a new skin soon too. In that same amount of time he's had no skin made of him other than the ones he released with. I believe he is the oldest champion to not have a skin made for him since his release skins.

Are Twisted Fates up and are the Diana and Lux changes up?

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on May 04, 2013, 12:20:30 PM
Well as I said, Riot is working on map specific nerfs and buffs for champions.
I'll be interested to see what happens with them.

Chris Brady

OK, I've got the game patching, and I'll give this ARAM thing a shot.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chris Brady on May 04, 2013, 09:06:51 PM
OK, I've got the game patching, and I'll give this ARAM thing a shot.

Just be prepared to get a full melee team and the enemy has full poke.  There are keyboard warriors every so often. It is unbalanced as hell but it isn't supposed to be taken seriously.

Shjade

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on May 04, 2013, 09:18:28 PM
Just be prepared to get a full melee team and the enemy has full poke.  There are keyboard warriors every so often. It is unbalanced as hell but it isn't supposed to be taken seriously.

To be fair, I've seen all melee teams STOMP poke comps. If the melee side is better at dodging poke than the ranged side is at compensating for dodges you can end up with a team full of tanky dps tearing ass through all those squishies once they get an opening.

And the diving. My god, the 5-man diving.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Chris Brady

So we lost this one.  Was fun.  Bought Janna, never going to play her.  Just wanted to try.

But I LOVE that arena.  Especially when it falls apart and stuff.  SO AWESOME!

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

SinXAzgard21

I've come to love Thresh even more... He can stop Tristana's jump with his E.

Ryven

I've become fond of ARAM now. The only problem is when I get stuck with a champ I'm no familiar with.

Shjade

Ah, but that's how you learn! :3

That's actually why I no longer completely suck with Alistar and Akali - had to figure them out when I kept getting randomed onto them.
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Shjade on May 07, 2013, 11:00:24 AM

That's actually why I no longer completely suck with Alistar and Akali - had to figure them out when I kept getting randomed onto them.

Alistar used to be my main till I started playing draft and melee champions.

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on May 07, 2013, 11:00:24 AM

I had Mundo who I can play semi-okay, but still wasn't very good with him in ARAM.  Probably wasn't building him right. *sigh*

Aiden

ARAM had me fall in love with Draven, I bought him a long time ago, never used him until ARAM

Shjade

Quote from: Ryven on May 07, 2013, 01:22:34 PM
I had Mundo who I can play semi-okay, but still wasn't very good with him in ARAM.  Probably wasn't building him right. *sigh*

Mundo is in the category of "Champions Who Require a Good Team to Work." Mundo's not going to do any carrying under pretty much any circumstances. There may be games where he becomes effectively immortal, but if he reaches that point he's probably not killing anyone either. You either have a team that can follow up on his suicide rush into the enemy team and capitalize on the moments they spend running from/killing/going around him to murder them, or you're not going to feel very effective. :|
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

I have carried a few games as Mundo.  While normally you build him tank, I've built AP and some Health items and wreck face.  It doesn't always work but when it does it is fun as hell.

Chris Brady

Oh, Lulu is free this week.  Well, then.  I'm so going to fail with her...

So far, I haven't one a single ARAM.  But I got two Honorable Opponents and one Teamwork acknowledgments.  I like ARAM.  I also love that Arena!

Shjade

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on May 07, 2013, 04:54:03 PM
I have carried a few games as Mundo.  While normally you build him tank, I've built AP and some Health items and wreck face.  It doesn't always work but when it does it is fun as hell.

...why would you build AP on Mundo when the only thing he has that scales with AP is his fire aura, and that only at a 0.2 ratio?

Magic penetration is great for his cleavers, but AP is a huge waste.
◕/◕'s

Chris Brady

Six for six.  Man, I am having the worst luck with teams.

Although, I've gotten quite a few triple kills and one kill streak so far.  The KS was with Cassiopeia.

Ryven

I cannot say how much lag annoys me, even more so in ARAM.

apygoos

SinXAzgard21

apygoos

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: apygoos on May 08, 2013, 01:57:06 PM
http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/24189-updated-an-ancient-mystery-in-runeterra-new
you say he can rot, but hes putting on one hell of a teaser.

I was referring to the champion.  As for the lore stuff...  Yeah, not really important to me.

Shjade

So...top lane brawler with a team-buff ult.
◕/◕'s