News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Touch

The only time I played ARAM was a one v one custom with Sin and I stomped him with Cait, and thn lost as Ahri to Mundo.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: The Golden Touch on May 03, 2013, 09:49:56 AM
The only time I played ARAM was a one v one custom with Sin and I stomped him with Cait, and thn lost as Ahri to Mundo.

You didn't stomp me.  It was a close game.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on May 03, 2013, 08:23:11 AM
Yeah but at least you can build him up and poke with his knife throw. He has more utility than say poppy or tryndamere in that type of game.

Ummm Poppy is made for team fights.  If you're good with her, you'll wreck face.  She is a champ that needs items and you get those items with ease in ARAM.

The Golden Touch

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

FallenRanger

Well I've discovered I'm only good at ranged AD.
Request Thread

You think lag is your ally? You merely adopted the lag. I was moulded by it. Changed by it. I didn't see latency till I was a man ಠ_ಠ

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: FallenRanger on May 03, 2013, 01:04:20 PM
Well I've discovered I'm only good at ranged AD.

That is mostly where people usually start off.  I started off there and now play mostly melee champs.

FallenRanger

Not really interested in evolving into other roles.
Request Thread

You think lag is your ally? You merely adopted the lag. I was moulded by it. Changed by it. I didn't see latency till I was a man ಠ_ಠ

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: FallenRanger on May 03, 2013, 01:23:56 PM
Not really interested in evolving into other roles.

It is better to learn others, as people will lock in and call ADC which is the only role you wanna play.  So knowing other roles helps out in the long run.

Kaedia

My experience has been a bit different. I started off maining melee champions (I should also mentioned I dropped down to 600 elo in season one because I was just that awesome... still got bronze before the season ended though!) I started migrating to ranged champions toward the mid part of season two. I've always been terrible at AD carries due to my terrible ability to CS. It was funny because back in season one the running joke was one game where I had more kills than I did CS (I had something like 27 kills and 24 CS; I was horrible at killing the little guys.) Now in season three I find myself really enjoying the AD carry role... and I actually get somewhat (mostly) decent CS!

As Sin said though it is very good to have at least a passing knowledge of other roles. It's alright to focus on one certain role but at least know how to perform other roles as you'll undoubtedly have to play other roles at some point due to insta-lockers or people who 'this role or feed'.
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.
◄ The mark is a part of me, but it does not define me ►

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on May 03, 2013, 12:38:24 PM
Ummm Poppy is made for team fights.  If you're good with her, you'll wreck face.  She is a champ that needs items and you get those items with ease in ARAM.
I may be wrong but I doubt she'll do as well as you think. In a ranged poke war, she'd be half dead before even getting to her target and by then she's knee deep in the enemy. Better hope she has a team good enough to back her up.

Shjade

In all-mid games Poppy and Tryndamere rely on team support to be effective, yes. Of course, they rely on that in normal games, too; they just have more opportunity to farm and gank in normal games, where that's not so much a thing in all-mid.

That said, the later the game goes, the better those champions get. If the enemy team has Poppy ending the game as fast as possible is generally my #1 priority, as most champs just don't want to deal with the blueberry hammer once she gets some momentum going.

Of course that priority usually changes about 3 minutes into the game when I discover the enemy team's Poppy is terrible because no one plays her anymore and, as such, very few know how to use her effectively.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

apygoos

Chris Brady

My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on May 03, 2013, 03:11:12 PM
I may be wrong but I doubt she'll do as well as you think. In a ranged poke war, she'd be half dead before even getting to her target and by then she's knee deep in the enemy. Better hope she has a team good enough to back her up.

Ult their "tank' dive them and fuck them up.  I've done it plenty of times as poppy, plus the walls which people tend to hug make them easy stun targets for poppy.  On a side note, AP Shaco in ARAM isn't fair... Them jitb will kill tanks.

On a note, I'm loving Lissandra more and more.  Her kit and combo are obscene.

SinXAzgard21

apygoos

Quinn: antoher Vayne [but not really]
Lucian: Another MF [i bet not really either]

Kaedia

Just played a normal with my friend... I forgot how much fun Leona/Rumble bot was. So much fun... up to level 4 the enemy team has the advantage... however once you get four they get nuked. Came out of the game 30/12/14. The bot lane ended up going top to escape. I followed. They buuuuuuurned!

Edit: Awww yiss. Round two wasn't quite as gib happy but still went 16/7/13 and got the win.
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: apygoos on May 03, 2013, 10:28:09 PM
Quinn: antoher Vayne [but not really]
Lucian: Another MF [i bet not really either]

I've played Quinn twice, And while I like her kit...  It feels like she is missing something which makes me lean toward getting Cait or MF before her.

Kaedia

From my experience both Cait and MF are strong choices. Usually Cait is better if you want to win 1v1 and win early game. She is really hard to trade with. Miss Fortune is more geared toward amazing team fights and starts picking up pace mid game. If you can get good at Double Up harass she is pretty decent early game but Cait will win out.

However! I think Quinn is currently underrated. The change to her Vault that made it briefly stun was a huge buff for her. Makes her really good at dueling. The problem really is her ultimate. Where is the last place an AD carry wants to be? In the enemy team. What is her ult geared towards? Sending you into melee. It's like... if you build AD carry you will blow up. If you build bruiser then the enemy team will have a higher damage potential. She's very niche.
My Status:
Open.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Zefie on May 04, 2013, 12:02:31 AM
From my experience both Cait and MF are strong choices. Usually Cait is better if you want to win 1v1 and win early game. She is really hard to trade with. Miss Fortune is more geared toward amazing team fights and starts picking up pace mid game. If you can get good at Double Up harass she is pretty decent early game but Cait will win out.

However! I think Quinn is currently underrated. The change to her Vault that made it briefly stun was a huge buff for her. Makes her really good at dueling. The problem really is her ultimate. Where is the last place an AD carry wants to be? In the enemy team. What is her ult geared towards? Sending you into melee. It's like... if you build AD carry you will blow up. If you build bruiser then the enemy team will have a higher damage potential. She's very niche.

In all honesty I've only used Quinn's ult to escape and to use R again as the bird to secure double or triple kills.  I don't like the ult and I agree, why the fuck would you dive in as an ADC, you are not GP or Yi.  I will say though, 1v1 that ult does its job a little better.

Kaedia

Yeah. Pretty much the same for me. I tend to only use it as an escape when my team can't peel for me (which if that is happening you usually are already in a bad spot) or clean up duty. In 1v1s you are absolutely right; or even in bot lane 2v2. It's just it feels like her ult doesn't offer anything to the team once a team fight begins. Generally the 'popular' carries bring something. Miss Fortune, Ezreal, Graves, Draven, Caitlyn, and Twitch all have ults that hurt the enemy while not putting them in harms way. Varus, Tristana, and Ashe bring utility. Quinn bring an execute that she has to be in the center of the enemy to use or worst case a tool for running away that only benefits herself. I want to like Quinn but her design makes it hard.
My Status:
Open.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Zefie on May 04, 2013, 02:22:14 AM
Yeah. Pretty much the same for me. I tend to only use it as an escape when my team can't peel for me (which if that is happening you usually are already in a bad spot) or clean up duty. In 1v1s you are absolutely right; or even in bot lane 2v2. It's just it feels like her ult doesn't offer anything to the team once a team fight begins. Generally the 'popular' carries bring something. Miss Fortune, Ezreal, Graves, Draven, Caitlyn, and Twitch all have ults that hurt the enemy while not putting them in harms way. Varus, Tristana, and Ashe bring utility. Quinn bring an execute that she has to be in the center of the enemy to use or worst case a tool for running away that only benefits herself. I want to like Quinn but her design makes it hard.

It is like the designed her to penta kill every time but it more often gets her killed.

apygoos

Shjade

Quote from: Zefie on May 04, 2013, 02:22:14 AM

Corki's ult doesn't really add much to teamfights, being more helpful for harass and siege. Once you get into a fight you can throw rockets for a little extra damage but it's going to run out of ammo fast if it hasn't already by the time the fight really gets rolling.

Quinn's interesting in that she's one of the most defensive carries. Played her for the first time in a 2v2 the other day against Riven and...hm. I can't remember who the other champ was. Another bruiser type. Anyway, Riven + otherbruiser vs. my Quinn and Ashe. Ashe got gibbed something like 7 times that match; they only managed to catch me twice. Between the knockaway dash/stun/slow for an anti-gap closer, the AE blind to prevent damage if you get collapsed on and the ult to either flee or chase, she's incredibly good for safe positioning. Her lack of consistent steroids (her only major one outside of the melee-range ult is shooting a target clipped by her random-targeting passive, not great for dps) means pretty much any other carry is going to outdamage her in a straight-up fight, but she can get herself out of nasty positions a lot of other carries couldn't and protects herself better than a lot of them. Just pays for it in terms of damage potential which, let's face it, means she's a weaker choice for end-game carrying since she just won't pack the punch of a farmed-up Vayne or Tristana or someone else with a built-in steroid. Draven would hugely outdamage her...but requires a lot of precise movement to do that damage, so I think he'd be a much less safe/consistent pick in the end anyway.

If I were the type to play ranked, I think I'd consider picking Quinn if I saw the enemy team had picked a kill lane for bot. Focus on outfarming them, play super conservative, avoid dying, profit. Don't think I'll be getting her anytime soon, though; I have enough AD carries already.

In other news, the lifecycle of 1v1-spawned friendships in League:

- Play a 1v1 match against Player.
- Win above match heavily; be told by Player that you won for reason X.
- Accept friendship and rematch challenge from Player to prove X.
- Win rematch without X on your side (ex: if X was "you're AD," play AP in rematch).
- Be unfriended by Player.

v.v
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on May 03, 2013, 07:52:47 PM
Ult their "tank' dive them and fuck them up.  I've done it plenty of times as poppy, plus the walls which people tend to hug make them easy stun targets for poppy.  On a side note, AP Shaco in ARAM isn't fair... Them jitb will kill tanks.

On a note, I'm loving Lissandra more and more.  Her kit and combo are obscene.
The entirety of ARAM isn't fair.