[NCES] Exalted: Yu-Shan High

Started by kongming, May 09, 2013, 02:31:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kongming

Welcome to the greatest school you'll ever attend:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

A brand new initiative!
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

It took countless meetings between countless factions to organise this. Indeed, alliances between forces that normally would have nothing to do with one another - or indeed would work to destroy one another. Gods, Sidereals, Terrestrials, Solars and Lunars? That was the easy part. Contacting those few Alchemicals who had arrived through the newly-opened gates and getting them on-board, and then the Jadeborn from the mountains, that was a little trickier. But that was nothing compared to Infernals and Abyssals. Indeed, most are still against it, but enough agreed.

The goal? To start again. The idea was this: nothing could exist without having a purpose. The forces aren't supposed to exist "in a vacuum", all separate from each other and working against one another. No, there is a purpose to it all, and everyone has a job. Some exist specifically to create, others to protect, some to maintain, yet others to lead and instruct, and yes, there would be those with the task of destruction.

But this was something that would need to happen over a long time, starting from the ground up: new Exalts would need to be taught these ways, not corrupted by the current views of Us versus Them, and learn to work together for the common goal of connecting the various worlds and having everything run smoothly.

So welcome to Yu-Shan High. Created in heaven, it is larger than some towns. One main building, with multiple floors of classrooms, gym halls, dungeons, medical bays, forges, armouries, offices and the cafeteria. Then the pagodas: Tower of the Beacon - for Solars, Tower of the Reflection - for Lunars, Tower of Artifice - for Alchemicals, Tower of Fortune - for Sidereals, Tower of Elements - for Dragonblooded, Tower of Tranquility - for Abyssals, and Tower of Titans - for Infernals. A place for everyone to learn their place in the world, and to work together and take part in changing Creation for the better!

That said, why exactly did they select females to males with a 4:1 ratio?

So here's the deal: if we just get, say, a handful of people interested, all wanting to play the same type, then it can just be a game set in that dorm in that tower. A small group game. If they're all scattered? Then they can get their own personal stuff happening at dorms, constant visits, and the main focus would be on what happens in classes, all interacting then.

If more people want to play? More groups. In that instance, I'd be totally fine with others actually playing the roles of various staff as well - who would be given various GM rights for creating plot hooks for groups of players and so on. But it could end up as a big game like Sigil Prep.

Sexy stuff included: regular sex between people who want that. Non-consensual, which for most is a serious punishable offence (if they are caught/reported), but for others is seen as good and proper. Lots of spanking stuff. Skimpy-clothing fights, exploding clothes and such. Various occasions of forced nudity, of punishment-sex and other weird things.

Character Creation varies based on "Faction" and Year Level. You can flat-out play characters of higher year levels, gaining more points of stuff, and basically, get more rights and responsibilities - essentially, if someone wants to very much be a top, then they should be a member of staff, or a third/fourth year and become a head prefect, dorm captain, member of the disciplinary committee/student council or similar. If you particularly want to be underneath, then I would recommend being a first year, or a second year perhaps, particularly if they wish to be a Half-Caste, Casteless Lunar, Sidereal Ronin, Outcaste Terrestrial etc. Because seniority and rank give so much power over others~

(Likewise, if you wish to be a bit of both, then consider just being a bit in the middle there - even a first year can still be a Dorm Monitor, anyone can bullysupervise and discipline those of lower years or the reduced rank of Half-Castes etc., and even a student teacher, teacher's assistant or whatever is in the position of "I have power, but there are others above me".)

Here is the basic info for character creation - but please just post here to express interest and ask any questions at first, I don't need people to submit complete sheets. Also keep in mind that I like girls, thus would much prefer female characters (player gender doesn't matter in the slightest).

Creating a First Year

First Year: starting character
Solar

1 free Ox-Body Technique, 5 free Excellencies (Favoured/Caste)
Lunar

1 free Ox-Body Technique, 3 free Excellencies (Favoured/Caste), War Form
Rename Solar Bond as Lunar Bond: you can form the bond with non-Solars. Also, you're allowed to share their dorm rather than your own.
3 free dots between Heart's Blood and Lunar Bond
Sidereal

gain 5 free Ability dots
Dragonblooded

Up to 3 free dots of Breeding for free
Alchemicals

1 free Strain-Resistant Chassis Modification, 3 free Excellencies (Favoured/Caste), Free Slots for the above, Vat Access is provided
Abyssals

Infernals

1 free Ox-Body Technique, 1 free "Mastered" Excellency (Patron)
Akuma: up to free 3 dots of the Akuma background
You "outrank" only Spirits, Worker/Warrior Caste Jadeborn, Outcaste Terrestrials, Ronin Sidereals, Casteless Lunar, Akuma and Half-Castes
Basically everyone else outranks you
-may be a Dorm Monitor by taking Influence * and Manse *
Dorm Monitor: the "boss" of their dorm of five students. On the one hand, this gives them rank over the other students in the dorm (typically the same year level), on the other hand, they have to log any punishments, and if their dorm gets into too much trouble in general, all of them are called before the dorm captain and the monitor gets to share their punishment.

Yes, the Manse is the dorm itself, and the Dorm Monitor "owns" it.

Any first-year can join a club. There could be hundreds of them. Cosplay, drama, band, art, science, martial arts/fighting, any given sport, hiking, hunting, occult, reading... go ahead and make one up. I'll give people a small bonus based on their club.
Creating a Second Year

First Year, plus:
+2 Attribute Dots
+6 Ability Dots
+3 Background Dots
+2 Charms (Alchemicals: + Slots)
+10 Bonus Points
Must have Essence 3+
Sidereals: +2 Colleges

Second-year students outrank first-year students.

May be a Prefect by taking Influence *, thus outranking other students of any year in a general sense, and being able to apply on-the-spot punishments or give simple orders like "make my bed for me", "warm this shirt for me" or "give me your underwear".

May be a Hall Monitor by taking Influence *, which is similar except basically you get the right to sometimes wander about in class time, looking for people to punish.

May be part of the Disciplinary Committee by taking Influence ** and Investigation *, which is like being a Hall Monitor, but moreso. In fact, there's a certain about of police work involved, and people might actually report things to you. If enough complaints are filed against you (such as for unwarranted punishment, or not looking into a report), you can be brought before the Discipline Captain.
Creating a Third Year

First Year, plus:
+5 Attribute Dots
+10 Ability Dots
+5 Background Dots
+5 Charms (Alchemicals: + Slots)
+20 Bonus Points
Must have Essence 4+
Sidereals: +5 Colleges

May be a Voting Member of the Student Council (General Affairs/Secretary/Treasurer) by taking Influence *** or Liege ***. Doing this grants 1 free dot in Backing or Cult, unless they're already both at 3 or more. This gives a lot of power, outranking the teachers themselves.

May be Captain of the Disciplinary Committee by taking Influence *** and Investigation ***. Doing this grants them 1 free dot in Backing, unless it's already 3 or more. This doesn't make them a voting member of the Student Council, but they're often asked to attend their things. Holds the same rank as actual teachers and staff. Superintendent of the police, more or less, and with authority over the entire committee.

May be a Club Leader by taking Influence ** and Manse *. Yes, the Clubroom is a Manse.
Creating a Fourth Year

As a first year, plus:
+8 Attribute Dots
+25 Ability Dots
+10 Background Dots
+10 Charms (Alchemicals: + Slots)
+45 Bonus Points
Must have Essence 5+
Sidereals: +10 Colleges

Although you outrank students from the first three years, unless you actually take rank of some position or other, you're still practically on the bottom of the chain of command.

May be the Student Council President by taking Influence *****, Spies ***** and Backing or Cult ***. It then gets raised from 3 to 5 for free.
This is the top-ranked position, equal to the headmistress herself.

May be Student Council Vice President by taking Infuence **** or Liege ****. This grants 2 free dots in Backing or Cult, up to a maximum of 4. This position is second to the President, and equals the Sub-Leaders (each tower has one "Sub-Leader", a member of staff who is in charge of that tower in theory).

May be a Dorm Captain by taking Influence *** and Manse *** - each tower has a single Dorm Captain, who is sort of in charge of the Tower. They're beneath the actual staff member, the Sub-Leader, but Dorm Monitors report to them. They own the manse that makes up the most powerful room in the tower, and they rank about the same as voting members of the Student Council.

May be a Head Prefect by taking Influence **. This just gives a big bump in rank, and not so much responsibility. Not as much as staff.

May be a Student Teacher by taking Influence *** and (Relevant Ability) *****, gaining a free dot in Salary (unless it's already 2 or more). This also places them just below "real staff" in rank, but lets them assign tasks to classes and lead them in battle, requisition funds and equipment, and also lets them punish other students who don't hold special rank.

May be a Teacher's Aide by taking Influence *** and (Relevant Ability) or Bureaucracy *****. If they don't have any dots in Salary, they gain one for free. The rank is equal to that of a Student Teacher, except the specific teacher they're supposed to assist gets to treat them as lower and thus be more rough with them.
Creating Teachers and Staff

+8 Attribute Dots
+25 Ability Dots
+10 Background Dots
+10 Charms (Alchemicals: + Slots)
+45 Bonus Points
Must have Essence 6+
Must have 6+ dots in field of teaching
Must have 6+ Charms in field of teaching (or all of them, if there are fewer than seven)
Must have one Virtue at 5+
Must have Influence, Backing or Liege at 3+ and Salary at 3
Sidereals: +10 Colleges

May be a Sub-Leader by improving Influence/Backing/Liege to 4 and Salary to 4, thus gaining rank equal to the Vice President of the Student Council
The Ranks

To show it more easily:
S: Headmistress / Student Council President
A: Subschool Leader/Student Council Vice President
B: Dorm Captain/Student Council Member
C: Teacher/Staff/Disciplinary Committee Captain
D: Teacher Assistant/Student Teacher/Head Prefect
E: Dorm Monitor/Disciplinary Committee Member
F: Hall Monitor/Prefect
G: Students
X: Second-Class Students (Half-Caste, Worker/Warrior Mountainfolk, Spirits, Akuma)

So, what interest do we have? If there's enough to form player groups and all, I can then go into information on what the establishment currently considers the roles to be, put up the chart showing how far anyone is allowed to go with people of lower rank, etc.

I welcome use of Scroll of Errata and similar, as well as the introduction of custom Charms, Artefacts and things. Hell, if you want to invent some Charms that make sex a truly magical thing or whatever, go for it.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Yano2mch

Sounds fun to me, Although for the life of me I am not sure how well I would do, or what I would do. But with lots of girls comes plenty of opportunity for ecchi... I mean 'teaching' activities...

Muse

First of all... 

*pounce!*  This is an awesome idea, Kong-chan! 

Second of all... 

essence seven plus for third years?  WOW! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

kongming

Muse: I should probably lower it, but the idea was they're taking new Exalts and putting them through harsh trials to get the most out of them and turn them into an army - the ideal being that graduates would be Essence 8-9, but in retrospect, that's a bit crazy. There we go. Edited it. Older students still get a substantial upgrade though.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

Muse

*smiles*  Yeah, that is a bit much. 

Hm...  Would you like Yume?  Or shall I bring in someone new? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

kongming

Ons/Offs:

Muse

*Smiles*  Only my favorite exalt of all time: 

Yume

Name:         (Tepet) Yume
Type:         Solar
Caste:         Zenith

Age, Apparent      16
Birthday:      21st of Resplendent Water
Gender         Female
Height:         6’6”
Weight         248
Measures      38” 28” 42” ddd
Skin:         Light Almond
Hair:         Autumn leaf red in a ponytail or top knot thick as most girl’s arms.  As a top knot in a green sash, it still falls to the small of her back. Let down, it falls to her thighs. 
Eyes:         Pine green.  Wide and expressive. 
Style:         Her leathers are stained the color of rosewood with a few golden studs.  They consist of thigh high boots, a miniskirt, and—sometimes—gloves.  She wears an orichalcum corset with a low, matching knee guards and greaves built into her boots.  Over the corset is a white peasant blouse.  The blouse is also scoop necked, but with long sleeves to cover her hearthstone bracers.  She wears a green cotton scarf that matches her eyes.  Usually this holds her hair in it’s top knot—especially now that she doesn’t’ pass regularly through Nighthammer District. 

Motivation:   Heal all the ills of Creation by succor or scalpel. 
Intimacies:   
--Babies (Affecting and Protectiveness) 
--Cuddly animals.  (Affection and Protective Instinct) 
--The Earth and Sky School of Martial Arts, Medicine, and Inner Balance (Pride and Loyalty)
--Eastern Way of Life (Dedication and pride.) 
--Her family.  (Love and Loyalty) 
--Finding her own way in the world.  (Determination.) 
--Sakura (Devotion, Love, and Lust)
--Sufferers from Delusional Madness. 

“Atashi wa yabajin no kenko, wa ne?”  I’m a barbarian sword girl, right? 

Rooted in the earth, I found peace. 
Climbing the mountain, I
Looking down from the clouds, I found perspective. 
In the stillness before the thundstrike, I learned the truth. 
I’m a barbarian sword girl. 

EXP   5/5

Strength      6   Charisma      2   Perception   2
Dexterity      1   Manipulation      1   Intelligence   4
Stamina      6   Appearance      4   Wits      3

Archery      1   Blue Thunder
*Martial Arts      5   Property Damage
Melee         0
Thrown      0
*War         1

*Integrity      1
*Performance      0
*Presence      1
*Resistance      3
*Survival      1

Craft: Water      1   Medicine
Investigation      1   
Lore         1
*Medicine      4   
*Occult      1   Medical Magic

*Athletics      4   Feats of Strength X2
Awareness      1
Dodge         0
Larceny      0
Stealth         1

Bureaucracy      1
Linguistics      3   Nexus Dialect
Ride         0
Sail         0
Socialize      1

Compassion      6
Conviction      2
Temperance      2
Valor         4

Virtue Flaw:  Red Rage of Compassion
Limit   8/0

Willpower      8

Essence      2
Personal Motes:   14/14   -7
Peripheral Motes   36/30
Committed      6

Charms: 
Martial Arts: 
--Swallowing the Lotus Roots

Golden Janisary Style: 
--Cleansing Flame Strike
--Rotten Leaf Arrested
--Where is Doom Inquisition
--Golden Janissary Form

Solar Hero Style: 
--Fists of Iron Technique
--Sledgehammer First Punch

Medicine
2nd Medicine Excellency: Essence Triumphant
Wound Mending Care Technique

Resistance: 
Body Mending Meditation
Durability of Oak Meditation
Essence Gathering Temper
Ox Body Technique

Thaumaturgy: 
Art of Alchemy:  Initiate +1

Backgrounds: 
Artifact   1   Orichalcum Breastplate
Artifact   2   Hearthstone Bracers
Backing   3   Earth and Sky School of Martial Arts, Medicine, and Inner Balance
Manse      1   Lodge of Blue Thunder
Resource   3   Medicine Dealer

Flaws: 
1   Bad Luck
2   Greater curse ?
1   Oath Bound:  Earth and Sky students do not indulge in intoxicants.  (-1 Conviction) 
3   Phobia: Spiders
3   Vice:  Yield to Forced Pleasure

Merits: 
2  Enchanting Features II
1  Improved Resistance
1  Mutation: Large
3  Paragon of Compassion

Languages: 
Forest Tongue
High Realm
Old Realm
River Tongue: Nexus Dialect

Attacks: 
Clinch

Punch      
Speed      5
ACC (+1)   7
Damage   8B
Parry DV   4

Blue Thunder
Speed      6
ACC (+1)   4
Damage   8 Bashing or Lethal, Piercing
Range      (As Composite Long Bow)/2
Rate      2

Exceptional Ironwood Short Sword
--Speed      4   
--ACC      +2=   8   
--Damage   +2=   10L
--Defense   +2=   4
--Rate      3

Exceptional Earth and Sky Spear: 
--Speed      5
--ACC      +2   9
--Damage   +4L   12L
--Defense   +2   5
--Rate      2

Defenses: 
Dodge DV      3
Dodge MDV      5
Bashing Soak      12/3
Lethal Soak      12/3
Aggravated Soak   10/3

Health: 
OK   ( )( )
-1   ( )( )( )( )
-2   ( )( )
-4   ( )
I   ( )

Earth and Sky School of Martial Arts, Medicine, and Inner Balance. 

Rooted in the earth:  Jade Mountain Form
Climbing the Mountain:  Five Dragon Form
Walking out over the clouds:  Night Breeze Style
In the stillness before the thunderstruck:  Golden Janissary Style
--Paragon Style:  Crimson Pentacle Blade
--Special Training:  Air dragon Style. 

In the city of Nexus there is an industrial district called Nighthammer.  At all hours of the night and day, forge smoke and saw dust choke the air while grinding saws and hammerfalls ring the ears.  A ways up the hill, there is a gated community called Mountain Breeze Borough surrounded by a 15 foot high ever-graying wall.  Guards stand idily at the gate, not really hassling any one but making their presence known.  Common lore says that they are students of the Earth and Sky School of Martial Arts—a mercenary company consisting of mad men trained in supernatural martial arts. 
   Just the other side of the gate, a stiff breeze bathes you in clean air scented more with mineral water than soot.  The noise is as bad here as anyone else, but the inside of the wall is pristine white.  The craftsmen and their apprentices are clean, health, and often happy.  The ash and sawdust are all caught by the breeze down the mountain and sweapt high into the sky to be scattered over Nexus’s outlying farms. 
   A dozen blocks higher up the hill is another 15 foot high wall with pristine white wash.  It runs to the right ‘til the hill falls steeply off on either side.  Signs hang over the three gates.  The west most, “Healing Springs Bath House, honor the goddess Iniki for her blessing.”  The middle, “Earth and Sky House of Healing: Treating the sick and ministering to the mad since RY 733.”  The east most reads, “Earth and Sky School of Martial Arts, Medicine, and Inner Balance.” 
   The third door leads out onto a grassy lawn surrounded by gardens of flowering herbs tended by acolytes.  Beyond this, is a huge Zen garden.  Classes are held often on the thick, soft sand.  Beyond the garden, is a spacious dojo of first age materials.  Though one story tall with a pagoda on the roof, it descends into the mountain some seven floors.  Crystals and mirrors capture light from the roof to help illuminate the way down, though luminous crystals in paper lanterns help as well.  It is here that Khadavla--grand master of the school—and his acolytes can most often be found instructing students in martial arts and mediation.  Khadavla is a giant.  Nearly nine feet tall, with a back as broad as two blacksmiths.  He usually wears a humble silk Gi, much of his mighty chest bare, giving a view of his spiraling blue tattoos.  A lunar exalt or other member of the silver pact could read those tattoos, see that they spoke of a youth of great deeds and daring adventures among the Silver Shadow barbarians. 
   It is not just fighting that they teach, but discipline, meditation, right action, and serenity.  Sufferers of Delusional Madness have come from all around the river country and beyond to seek Khadavla’s wisdom and his legendary medicine—the night blooming orchid from Silver Shadow lands that can be brewed into Whisper Tea. 
   The acolytes learn all kinds of medicines.  When they reach a certain proficiency, they travel the river country in pentacles of five—or even as loan wanderers—bearing heavy A-frame backpacks filled with medicine for sale, knowlege of medicine to seek out and spread.  This network is also the backbone of the Herbalist’s Alliance for a Healtheir Creation—a loose network of doctors, village midwife’s and tribal shamans who keep tabs on such blights as Shadowlands and the Wyld.     
   The leader of this network is not Khadvla, but Kodachi, owner of the school.  A canny businesswoman with silky black hair that falls to her calves, a lover of roses, and a master of Air Dragon Martial Arts.  She joins her most favored consort Khadavla in instructing students and tending the sick at times, but is also known for business acumen and social clout.  Kodachi—often accompanied by a few favored acolytes and her maid Sakura—keeps her company’s money working for them and maneuvers the ire of the Guild away from her little independent merchant network.  Youthful in body and mind, Kodachi will soon reach the 100th anniversary of her 21st birthday—the 104th aniversery of her exaltation.  She prepared her affairs to handle themselves for a year while she secluded herself for a period of meditation, meaning to raise her Essence to the level where she transcends the normal limits of Exalted power. 
   Sakura is a powerful and playful elemental whose service is sworn to Tepet’s line.  In the form of a little white kitten, she has watched over Kodachi’s daughter Yume since she was a babe.  When the redhead turned sixteen, she struck up a friendship with her in her normal, elfin form, befriending her and introducing her to the pleasures of feminine passion.  Sakura prepares for the day when Kodachi will release her from service so that she may go to another of Tepet’s line.  She has chosen Yume, chosen of the Unconquered Sun, master of Earth and Sky Thunder style, and heir to the school. 
   Yume grew up in the Big House, the second major building of the Healing Springs Manse.  A sprawling veranda of first age materials, with many rooms, two basements, and a hard to find chamber where the manse’s hearthstone coalesces.  The walls of the home are draped in intertwining vines of red and black roses.  These, alone, no acolyte tends—only Kodachi herself. 

Muse

When you say an essence we must have, does that mean we're supposed to buy up to that essence with our new bonus points? 

Hm... not a lot of charms... 

kongming

Well, I do indeed like Yume, but that's correct, to play higher-up characters with their various bigger pools of starting stuff, you do indeed need to spend a great deal of their bonus points on stuff.

Ons/Offs:

Muse

Name:         (Tepet) Yume
Type:         Solar
Caste:         Zenith

Age, Apparent      16
Birthday:      21st of Resplendent Water
Gender         Female
Height:         6’6”
Weight         248
Measures      38” 28” 42” ddd
Skin:         Light Almond
Hair:         Autumn leaf red in a ponytail or top knot thick as most girl’s arms.  As a top knot in a green sash, it still falls to the small of her back. Let down, it falls to her thighs. 
Eyes:         Pine green.  Wide and expressive. 
Style:         Her leathers are stained the color of rosewood with a few golden studs.  They consist of thigh high boots, a miniskirt, and—sometimes—gloves.  She wears an orichalcum corset with a low, matching knee guards and greaves built into her boots.  Over the corset is a white peasant blouse.  The blouse is also scoop necked, but with long sleeves to cover her hearthstone bracers.  She wears a green cotton scarf that matches her eyes.  Usually this holds her hair in it’s top knot—especially now that she doesn’t’ pass regularly through Nighthammer District. 

Motivation:   Heal all the ills of Creation by succor or scalpel. 
Intimacies:   
--Babies (Affection and Protectiveness) 
--Cuddly animals.  (Affection and Protective Instinct) 
--The Earth and Sky School of Martial Arts, Medicine, and Inner Balance (Pride and Loyalty)
--Eastern Way of Life (Dedication and pride.) 
--Her family.  (Love and Loyalty) 
--Finding her own way in the world.  (Determination.) 
--Sakura (Devotion, Love, and Lust)
--Sufferers from Delusional Madness (Compassion and protectiveness.) 

“Atashi wa yabajin no kenko, wa ne?”  I’m a barbarian sword girl, right? 

Rooted in the earth, I found peace. 
Climbing the mountain, I gained calm. 
Looking down from the clouds, I found perspective. 
In the stillness before the thundstrike, I learned the truth. 
I’m a barbarian sword girl. 

EXP   0/0

Strength      6   Charisma      3   Perception   3
Dexterity      3   Manipulation      1   Intelligence   4
Stamina      6   Appearance      4   Wits      4

Archery      1   Blue Thunder
*Martial Arts      5   Property Damage
Melee         0
Thrown      0
*War         1

*Integrity      3
*Performance      0
*Presence      1
*Resistance      3
*Survival      3

Craft: Water      2   Medicine
Investigation      1   
Lore         1
*Medicine      5   
*Occult      4   Medical Magic

*Athletics      5   Feats of Strength X2
Awareness      1
Dodge         0
Larceny      0
Stealth         1

Bureaucracy      1
Linguistics      3   Nexus Dialect
Ride         0
Sail         0
Socialize      1

Compassion      6
Conviction      2
Temperance      2
Valor         4

Virtue Flaw:  Red Rage of Compassion
Limit   8/0

Willpower      8

Essence      4
Personal Motes:   14/14
Peripheral Motes   36/30
Committed      6

Charms: 
Integrity: 
--First integrity Excellency: Essence Overwhelming

Martial Arts: 
--Second Martial Arts Excellency: Essence Triumphant
--4th Excellency: Infinite Martial Arts Mastery
--Swallowing the Lotus Roots

Golden Janissary Style: 
--Cleansing Flame Strike
--Rotten Leaf Arrested
--Where is Doom Inquisition
--Golden Janissary Form
--Light on Dark Shield
--Paralyzing Combustion Imbuement

Solar Hero Style: 
--Fists of Iron Technique
--Sledgehammer First Punch
--Dragon Coil Technique
--Solar Hero Form
--Heaven Thunder Hammer

Medicine
--2nd Medicine Excellency: Essence Triumphant
--Wound Mending Care Technique
--Flawless Diagnosis Technique
--Instant Treatment  Methodology

Occult: 
--Second Occult Excellency: Essence Triumphant

Resistance: 
--Body Mending Meditation
--Durability of Oak Meditation
--Essence Gathering Temper
--Ox Body Technique x2

Survival: 
--Hardship Surviving Mendicant Spirit

Thaumaturgy: 
Art of Alchemy:  Initiate +1

Backgrounds: 
Ally      2   Sakrua
Artifact   1   Orichalcum Breastplate
Artifact   2   Hearthstone Bracers
Backing   1   
Cult      3
Influence   2   Martial Arts Club
Influence   3   Student Council
Manse      1   Lodge of Blue Thunder
Manse      1   Martial Arts Club
Resource   4   

Flaws: 
1   Bad Luck
2   Greater curse ?
1   Oath Bound:  Earth and Sky students do not indulge in intoxicants.  (-1 Conviction) 
3   Phobia: Spiders
3   Vice:  Yield to Forced Pleasure

Merits: 
2  Enchanting Features II
1  Improved Resistance
1  Mutation: Large
3  Paragon of Compassion

Languages: 
Forest Tongue
High Realm
Old Realm
River Tongue: Nexus Dialect

Attacks: 
Clinch

Punch      
Speed      5
ACC (+1)   7
Damage   8B
Parry DV   4

Blue Thunder
Speed      6
ACC (+1)   4
Damage   8 Bashing or Lethal, Piercing
Range      (As Composite Long Bow)/2
Rate      2

Exceptional Ironwood Short Sword
--Speed      4   
--ACC      +2=   8   
--Damage   +2=   10L
--Defense   +2=   4
--Rate      3

Exceptional Earth and Sky Spear: 
--Speed      5
--ACC      +2   9
--Damage   +4L   12L
--Defense   +2   5
--Rate      2

Defenses: 
Dodge DV      3
Dodge MDV      5
Bashing Soak      12/3
Lethal Soak      12/3
Aggravated Soak   10/3

Health: 
OK   ( )( )
-1   ( )( )( )( )
-2   ( )( )
-4   ( )
I   ( )

Earth and Sky School of Martial Arts, Medicine, and Inner Balance. 

Rooted in the earth:  Jade Mountain Form
Climbing the Mountain:  Five Dragon Form
Walking out over the clouds:  Night Breeze Style
In the stillness before the thunderstruck:  Golden Janissary Style
--Paragon Style:  Crimson Pentacle Blade
--Special Training:  Air dragon Style. 

In the city of Nexus there is an industrial district called Nighthammer.  At all hours of the night and day, forge smoke and saw dust choke the air while grinding saws and hammerfalls ring the ears.  A ways up the hill, there is a gated community called Mountain Breeze Borough surrounded by a 15 foot high ever-graying wall.  Guards stand idily at the gate, not really hassling any one but making their presence known.  Common lore says that they are students of the Earth and Sky School of Martial Arts—a mercenary company consisting of mad men trained in supernatural martial arts. 
   Just the other side of the gate, a stiff breeze bathes you in clean air scented more with mineral water than soot.  The noise is as bad here as anyone else, but the inside of the wall is pristine white.  The craftsmen and their apprentices are clean, health, and often happy.  The ash and sawdust are all caught by the breeze down the mountain and sweapt high into the sky to be scattered over Nexus’s outlying farms. 
   A dozen blocks higher up the hill is another 15 foot high wall with pristine white wash.  It runs to the right ‘til the hill falls steeply off on either side.  Signs hang over the three gates.  The west most, “Healing Springs Bath House, honor the goddess Iniki for her blessing.”  The middle, “Earth and Sky House of Healing: Treating the sick and ministering to the mad since RY 733.”  The east most reads, “Earth and Sky School of Martial Arts, Medicine, and Inner Balance.” 
   The third door leads out onto a grassy lawn surrounded by gardens of flowering herbs tended by acolytes.  Beyond this, is a huge Zen garden.  Classes are held often on the thick, soft sand.  Beyond the garden, is a spacious dojo of first age materials.  Though one story tall with a pagoda on the roof, it descends into the mountain some seven floors.  Crystals and mirrors capture light from the roof to help illuminate the way down, though luminous crystals in paper lanterns help as well.  It is here that Khadavla--grand master of the school—and his acolytes can most often be found instructing students in martial arts and mediation.  Khadavla is a giant.  Nearly nine feet tall, with a back as broad as two blacksmiths.  He usually wears a humble silk Gi, much of his mighty chest bare, giving a view of his spiraling blue tattoos.  A lunar exalt or other member of the silver pact could read those tattoos, see that they spoke of a youth of great deeds and daring adventures among the Silver Shadow barbarians. 
   It is not just fighting that they teach, but discipline, meditation, right action, and serenity.  Sufferers of Delusional Madness have come from all around the river country and beyond to seek Khadavla’s wisdom and his legendary medicine—the night blooming orchid from Silver Shadow lands that can be brewed into Whisper Tea. 
   The acolytes learn all kinds of medicines.  When they reach a certain proficiency, they travel the river country in pentacles of five—or even as loan wanderers—bearing heavy A-frame backpacks filled with medicine for sale, knowlege of medicine to seek out and spread.  This network is also the backbone of the Herbalist’s Alliance for a Healtheir Creation—a loose network of doctors, village midwife’s and tribal shamans who keep tabs on such blights as Shadowlands and the Wyld.     
   The leader of this network is not Khadvla, but Kodachi, owner of the school.  A canny businesswoman with silky black hair that falls to her calves, a lover of roses, and a master of Air Dragon Martial Arts.  She joins her most favored consort Khadavla in instructing students and tending the sick at times, but is also known for business acumen and social clout.  Kodachi—often accompanied by a few favored acolytes and her maid Sakura—keeps her company’s money working for them and maneuvers the ire of the Guild away from her little independent merchant network.  Youthful in body and mind, Kodachi will soon reach the 100th anniversary of her 21st birthday—the 104th aniversery of her exaltation.  She prepared her affairs to handle themselves for a year while she secluded herself for a period of meditation, meaning to raise her Essence to the level where she transcends the normal limits of Exalted power. 
   Sakura is a powerful and playful elemental whose service is sworn to Tepet’s line.  In the form of a little white kitten, she has watched over Kodachi’s daughter Yume since she was a babe.  When the redhead turned sixteen, she struck up a friendship with her in her normal, elfin form, befriending her and introducing her to the pleasures of feminine passion.  Sakura prepares for the day when Kodachi will release her from service so that she may go to another of Tepet’s line.  She has chosen Yume, chosen of the Unconquered Sun, master of Earth and Sky Thunder style, and heir to the school. 
   Yume grew up in the Big House, the second major building of the Healing Springs Manse.  A sprawling veranda of first age materials, with many rooms, two basements, and a hard to find chamber where the manse’s hearthstone coalesces.  The walls of the home are draped in intertwining vines of red and black roses.  These, alone, no acolyte tends—only Kodachi herself. 

Jefepato

This sounds completely insane in all the best ways.  I'm vaguely considering a Dawn Caste student teacher or teacher's aide.

Especially if my character ends up stuck doing a lot of the actual teacher's paperwork instead of being the omnitactical battle hydra she was meant to be.  Although it might be even better, school-wise, if I played an Infernal and convinced you to allow a certain Isidoros charmset...

EDIT: By the way, Muse, where'd the Strength/Stamina 6 come from?  It's hardly unbalancing (compared to most printed Exalted material anyway), but I thought somewhere in 2nd edition they nixed mutations adding to attributes during character creation.  (Or if I'm wrong, I need to spend some quality time with the Wyld book immediately.)

meikle

*whistles*

related: the exalted 3e kickstarter goes up in two hours!
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Muse

Quote from: Jefepato on May 09, 2013, 08:44:02 AM
EDIT: By the way, Muse, where'd the Strength/Stamina 6 come from?  It's hardly unbalancing (compared to most printed Exalted material anyway), but I thought somewhere in 2nd edition they nixed mutations adding to attributes during character creation.  (Or if I'm wrong, I need to spend some quality time with the Wyld book immediately.)

Hi Jefe. 

*shrugs*  That's exactly where it came from.  Haven't seen it nixed anywhere, but I'm not the most knowledgeable.

AndyZ

Work in Progress

Name: Sapphire Glory
Caste: Night
Concept: Head Cheerleader
Motivation: Get the Unconquered Sun to notice her long enough to smile at her

Strength 2      Charisma 5      Perception 5
Dexterity 5      Manipulation 3      Intelligence 3
Stamina 2      Appearance 5      Wits 5

Athletics* 5
Awareness* 5 (Initiative +3)
Bureaucracy 1
Dodge* 5 (Zero Mobility Penalty +3)
Integrity* 5
Investigation 3
Larceny* 1
Linguistics 1 (Skytongue and Old Realm)
Lore 3
Martial Arts* 5 (Cheerleading +3)
Cheerleading

Cheerleading in Martial Arts is limited to not using any weapons other than boots or pom poms.  Pom poms count as unarmed punches and clinches are permitted.
Occult* 3
Performance* 5 (Cheerleading +3)
Presence 3
Resistance* 3
Sail 1
Socialize 3
Stealth* 1
Survival 1

Compassion 5 Conviction 5 Temperance 2 Valor 5 Essence 5 Willpower 10

BACKGROUNDS

Cult ••• (Fans)

You are venerated in a large region. Several thou-sand people daily seek your favor or forbearance.  (Characters who are god-kings of a single city have this level of worship.) You may regain one point of temporary Willpower once every 24 hours as a refl exive action. You gain three additional motes of Essence per hour from the power of the cult.  The Realm has heard rumors of your worship.

Influence ••• (Head Cheerleader)

Your character’s fame and power have spread even to neighboring states. The Dragon-Blooded know of her.

Manse ••• (Cheerleader Changing Room)

The changing area for the cheerleaders is a beautiful manse with both fire and water aspects, and is rumored to contain a vast hot spring within the center.  Whether this is true, only the cheerleaders know, and how much of the rumors are true about what goes on there is a secret that won't be easily discovered.

The singular hearthstone within is a combination of Night Vision and the Mind-Cleansing Gem.  It appears as a partially translucent seaa-blue ovoid that appears to bubble just beneath the surface.

Sapphire Grace lives in a large suite on top of the building, with a door blocking stairs down to the rest from guests as well as a stairway entrance.
Gem of Night Vision (Manse •)

As fire gives light in darkness, so the bearer of this clear, crystal cabochon can see in any non-magical darkness as if he had a bonfire… without the need for a light source that might give him away to an enemy.  Even in complete absence of light, the bearer sees clearly out to 10 yards and murkily out to 20 yards.  (See Exalted, p. 135, for rules about poor visibility.)
Mind-Cleansing Gem
This sea-blue topaz dodecahedron helps its bearer to resist all attempts to dominate or influence his mind.
Bearers gain +1 to both their Dodge and Parry MDVs. In addition, if touched to someone who is under any form of unnatural mental influence, the stone gives the target a chance to break free. If the target’s player wins or ties an opposed Willpower roll against the controller, the stone instantly frees her from this mental influence.

Perfected Kata Hearthstone Bracers •••••

A combination of Perfected Kata Bracers and Hearthstone Bracers

PERFECTED KATA BRACERS ••••

Perfected kata bracers are prayer strips crafted of a single magical material and curled into bracers.  The strips’ sutras are starmetal engravings, except in starmetal bracers—they use orichalcum.  Attunement costs eight motes. When the character activates a Form-type Charm, the sutras inscribed on the bracers glow and lift from the artifact to engulf the character in light for a brief moment. For the rest of the scene, she gains several benefits.
She adds her Essence to the accuracy, damage and defense of her unarmed attacks and of attacks made with the active Form-type Charm’s particular weapons. She may choose to inflict bashing or lethal damage at will and she may parry lethal attacks unarmed. In addition:
Orichalcum bracers let Solars inflict aggravated damage on creatures of darkness.
HEARTHSTONE BRACERS(ARTIFACT••)

Another common survivor of the First Age (and still manufactured occasionally the Dragon-Blooded), hearthstone bracers provide powerful defensive bonuses to the Exalt who wear them. These bracers come as a pair, one of which has a setting for a single hearthstone and the other of which is imbued with magical power. These powers work only for an Exalt of the appropriate type.
Hearthstone bracers require the commitment of four motes of Essence to activate them—two motes for each bracer. A bracer mustbe worn with its mate and will not activate unless worn as a pair.  Regardless of construction, hearthstone bracers provide a three-die bonus to dodge attempts made by an attuned user.
Orichalcum: Ornately wrought in homage to the Unconquered Sun, these bracers cause the Solar Exalt who wears them to strike with the surety and power of the Unconquered Sun. All of the character’s attacks have their damage increased by two dice while he is wearing the bracers.

Salary ••

Solid salary. You have a small townhouse or a large apartment in an unfashionable neighborhood.  You always have a smorgasbord for your pleasure.  The Quintessence in your pay still outweighs the Ambrosia. You have Resources ••• in Heaven and •••• in Creation, though exercising the latter in full could earn you trouble. This is standard pay for Sidereals.

Spies • (Yu-Shan Cheerleaders in the High School)

Your character knows how to contact and use a few agents in a town or small kingdom (Creation or Underworld).

Transformative Silken Armor •••

This artifact is a combination of Transformative Clothing and Silken Armor.  Sapphire Glory most often uses the designs of a skintight leotard, a cheerleading outfit or her school uniform.

TRANSFORMATIVE CLOTHING (ARTIFACT •)

Some of the more vain Artisans wished to make certain that they were always properly dressed for any occasion. To meet this need, skilled crafters wove the first suits of transformative clothing. This clothing is made from an Essence-sensitive fabric including threads of spun jade and moonsilver. In its basic form, it resembles a finely made tunic of synthetic silk. When the wearer spends one mote, however, she can cause the fabric to shape itself to her will, expanding and contracting the weave, altering its color, texture and shape to fit her precise specifications. It can become everything from a single glove or hat to an elaborate and multi-layered suit of elaborate courtly garb.  The wearer can also spend one mote to cause the garment to almost instantly clean itself and repair any damage.
This transformation is exceptionally rapid, requiring only a miscellaneous action (5, -1 DV). To either duplicate a garment she has seen before or design one of her own, the wearer must make a (Wits + Craft [Wood]) roll, with a failure indicating that the garment looks significantly different from the desired result.  This artifact can duplicate any appearance it has ever held without requiring a roll, however. An ordinary suit of this clothing is a one-dot Artifact that can protect the wearer from heat and cold but has no value as armor.
SILKEN ARMOR (ARTIFACT••)

This unusual cloth is woven from the silk of Essence spiders (see p. 151) Although the fabric has the weight and texture of silk and can be made into any garment that silk can, it is as strong as steel when struck. Even a light tunic, robe or cloak of the stuff makes effective armor. It is the clothing of choice for those who need its protection but cannot be seen wearing obvious armor.
Unlike other forms of armor, silken armor stacks with other forms of armor. It cannot be detected as magical without the use of some magic-sensing Charm such as All-Encompassing Sorcerer’s Sight. Silken armor also can be worn while performing Martial Arts styles that normally prohibit the use of armor. Anyone can wear silken armor, but it remains somewhat stiff unless attuned to the wearer’s Essence.

Unsurpassed Pom Poms ••

The pom poms are made of a mixture of silk and orichalcum pressed so fine as to be soft and flexible as ordinary pom poms.  Despite the fragile appearance, they are as indestructible as other artifacts and aid in cheerleading performances.  Combining the two for three motes, using these pom poms adds two successes to Performance rolls.  These add to whatever bonus an Exalted player can add through Charms.
When held during a Martial Arts attack, the Exalt counts as unarmed, but the pom poms have no mechanical effect upon martial arts attacks.

Based upon The Unsurpassed Sanxian, listed below.
The Unsurpassed Sanxian

This sanxian is made of polished kauri wood and strung with silver and gold. The snakeskin covering
its soundbox came from a serpent-god. The soul of an old master performer is bound into the strings, which
never break or need tuning, and aids performances. When attuned for three motes, playing this sanxian
adds two successes to Performance rolls. These add to whatever bonus an Exalted player can add through
Charms. Any duffer can sound good playing this sanxian; a Solar musician could make Deathlords weep
or call stars from the skies.

DANGER SENSE 5

Cost: 5 pts.
Availability:Anyone
Your character has a knack for sensing treachery and other impending dangers. For three points, a two-die bonus is gained on all Perception-based rolls for the character to detect ambushes, traps and other hidden dangers and also on Join Battle rolls. For five points, the character in addition never loses his Dodge DV as a result of surprise, though he can lose his Parry DV if he does not have a weapon drawn. Furthermore, his player adds three dice to all rolls for the character to evade hidden dangers (such as a [Dexterity + Athletics] roll for the character to catch onto the edge of a pit trap and avoid falling in).

Equipment and Intimacies still needed

CHARMS
Martial Arts
Martial Arts Triumphant

Cost:2m per success; Mins: (Ability) 1, Essence 1; Type: Reflexive (Step 1 for attacker, Step 2 for defender)
Keywords:Combo-OK
Duration:Instant
Prerequisite Charms: None
Solar Exalted with this Charm are known for their unwav-ering perfection. The Exalt’s player can invoke this Charm
when making a roll based on the relevant Ability.The Exalt then spends up to (Attribute + Ability) in motes. This Charm adds one success to a roll for every two motes spent. Each success purchased with Essence Triumphant is the equivalent of purchasing two dice with the First Excellency or some other dice adder.Therefore, if a Solar had a (Dexterity + Melee) total of 8, he could purchase up to four successes with the Second Excellency. Any magical effects that hinge on the character buying dice will then react as if the character had just bought eight (Dexterity + Melee) dice. The character could not add dice from the effects of other Charms because he has reached his maximum of eight by purchasing the four successes.
The Exalt can also use this Charm to enhance unrolled uses of the relevant Ability. Each two motes spent increases his effective (Attribute + Ability) rating for one task by two.  This means that every two motes spent on this Excellency increase a static value like a DV by one.The First Excellency is thus considerably more efficient for increasing static values than the Second Excellency, but not reliably so.
This Charm can be Comboed or used together with the First Excellency, but it is incompatible with the Third Excellency, and it can never be used on the same roll as the Third Excellency.
Supreme Perfection of Martial Arts

Cost: —; Mins: (Ability) 5, Essence 5; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Mirror (Supreme Perfection of [Ability])
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: Any (Ability) Excellency
This Charm permanently alters the cost of the Solar Excellencies associated with the Ability this Charm is purchased for.
The First Excellency’s cost becomes “one mote per two dice added,” while the Second Excellency’s cost becomes “one mote per success added” and the Third Excellency’s cost drops to a flat three motes. Fractional values are lost; for example, a Solar with Dexterity 4, Melee 5 who spent five motes on the First or Second Excellency would add nine dice or four successes, respectively. The cost discount of this Charm applies to all ac-tivations of the Solar’s Excellencies for the appropriate Ability.
Supreme Perfection of (Ability) is incompatible with any other Charm which provides cost discounts to the Excellencies, such as Infinite (Ability) Mastery.
Striking Cobra Technique

Cost:3m; Mins: Martial Arts 2, Essence 1; Type: Supple-mental
For its first bite, the snake is most feared. This Charm supplements a Join Battle action, adding a number of automatic successes to the character’s Join Battle roll equal to his Martial Arts score.

Fists of Iron Technique

Cost:1m; Mins: Martial Arts 2, Essence 1; Type: Reflexive
Keywords:Combo-OK, Enhanced
Prerequisite Charms:None
The Solar infuses her hands with the strength of her Essence and strikes like the Unconquered Sun. This Charm enhances an unarmed Martial Arts attack, improving its Accuracy by one and its Damage by two and making its damage lethal. The Solar can parry lethal hand-to-hand attacks without a stunt until his next action.
Enhancement:This Charm adds the magical material benefits of orichalcum to the Solar’s natural attacks while Solar Hero Form is active.
Thunderclap Rush Attack

Cost: 1m; Mins: Martial Arts 3, Essence 2; Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Combo-OK, Martial-Ready
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Fists of Iron Technique
This Charm drops a supplemented attack’s Speed to 3.
Martial-ready:Archery, Melee, Thrown.
Pain Is Pleasure Method

Cost:1m; Mins: Martial Arts 2, Essence 2; Type:Reflexive
Keywords: Combo-OK
This charm momentarily alters the martial artist's perception of pain and pleasure, invigorating her when injuries should be debilitating.  It may be activated whenever the character takes damage. For every health level she suffers, she regains a number of motes equal to her Essence (or half that number, if the damage is bashing).
Sensuous Torment

Cost:1m; Mins: Martial Arts 2, Essence 2; Type:Reflexive
The martial artist thrills to the torment that her pitiful enemies fear. This Charm may be activated whenever the character takes damage. For every health level she suffers so gladly, she regains a number of motes equal to her Essence (or half that number, if the damage is bashing).
Lingering Bliss

Cost:2m; Mins: Martial Arts 3, Essence 2;
Type:Supplemental
Keywords: Combo-OK, Stackable
Prerequisite Charms:Pain Is Pleasure Method
Extending its prerequisite outward, the martial artist gives her target a measure of pleasurable sensation which builds with repeated touches.
On a successful attack, the character may give the target a -1 pleasure penalty for the rest of the scene.  This counts as a wound penalty for all mechanics, but stacks with wound penalties accrued in other ways.  Lingering Bliss can be used more than once per target, but the cumulative addition to wound penalty can never rise above an amount equal to the martial artist’s Martial Arts score.
Add wound and pleasure penalties together before comparing abilities which negate wound penalties.  For example, a character with 2 points of wound penalties and 3 points of pleasure penalties would have a total of -5, and being able to ignore 4 points of wound penalty would still leave a -1.
Because she is accustomed to her own methods, the character cannot use this Charm on herself.
Kiss of the Whip

Cost:2m; Mins: Martial Arts 3, Essence 2;
Keywords: Combo-OK, Stackable
Prerequisite Charms:Sensuous Torment
With a predatory smile, the martial artist lashes her foe with vicious exactitude, making him cry out in shocked agony.
On a successful attack, the character may add an extra -1 to her target’s wound penalty for the rest of the scene. Kiss of the Whip can be used more than once per target, but the cumulative addition to wound penalty can never rise above an amount equal to the martial artist’s Martial Arts score.
Therefore, an Abyssal with Martial Arts 5 whose target was at a -2 wound penalty already could not inflict a greater total wound penalty than -7.
Because she is accustomed to her own methods, the character cannot use this Charm on herself.
Quivering Rapture Form

Cost:5m; Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 2; Type:Simple
Keywords: Form-type, Obvious
Duration:One scene
Prerequisite Charms: Lingering Bliss
Every touch and every object becomes the caress and stroke of a talented lover.  When she is injured, her wound penalty is reversed. Instead of subtracting, it adds a number of dice equal to the penalty to every combat-related roll her player attempts, to a maximum bonus equal to her Essence score.
Even Virtue bonuses are affected, so the player adds those same bonus dice to the number of dice she receives when she channels Willpower through her Compassion, Conviction and Valor. (She must subtract them from any Temperance bonuses, though.) The Quivering Rapture Style martial artist also adds her Martial Arts to her raw bashing damage.
Laughing Wounds Form

Cost:5m; Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 2; Type:Simple
Keywords: Form-type, Obvious
Prerequisite Charms:Kiss of the Whip
Even as blood runs down his skin, the Abyssal laughs savagely, whirling undaunted through the battle like a scar-let-streaked demon. When he is injured, his wound penalty is reversed. Instead of subtracting, it adds a number of dice equal to the penalty to every combat-related roll his player attempts, to a maximum bonus equal to his Essence score.
Even Virtue bonuses are affected, so the player adds those same bonus dice to the number of dice he receives when he channels Willpower through his Conviction, Temperance and Valor. (He must subtract them from any Compassion bonuses, though.) The Laughing Wounds Style martial artist also adds his Martial Arts to his raw bashing damage.
Forever In Your Arms

Cost:4m; Mins:Martial Arts 5, Essence 2;
Keywords: Combo-OK, Emotion
Duration:Varies
Prerequisite Charms: Quivering Rapture Form
People restrained by the martial artist find themselves unwilling to break free.  To those attracted to the martial artist, this is a loving caress, a beautiful moment to be shared.  To others, the feeling is that of submission, demanding stillness and obedience.
The character may apply this Charm to any clinch attack. If the character succeeds, then—as long as she maintains the mote commitment—her target no longer truly wants to free himself from her grip. The target must spend one Willpower just for his player to attempt the roll to gain control of the clinch, and the roll takes the Solar’s Appearance as an internal penalty. If the target intends to use control of the clinch to do anything other than break free—such as crush the Solar or hold her helpless—then he need not spend Willpower or take the penalty.
Rapture in Chains

Cost:4m; Mins:Martial Arts 5, Essence 2;
Keywords: Combo-OK, Emotion
Duration:Varies
Prerequisite Charms:Laughing Wounds Form
People restrained by the martial artist find themselves unwilling to break free. The character may apply this Charm to any clinch attack. If the character succeeds, then—as long as she maintains the mote commitment—her target no longer truly wants to free himself from her grip. The target must spend one Willpower just for his player to attempt the roll to gain control of the clinch, and the roll takes the Abyssal’s Appearance as an internal penalty. If the target intends to use control of the clinch to do anything other than break free—such as crush the Abyssal or hold her helpless—then he need not spend Willpower or take the penalty.
Eternal Orgasm Prana

Cost:4m; Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 3;
Keywords: Combo-OK, Crippling
Prerequisite Charms:Rapture in Chains
At this level of power, the bliss builds into an incapacitating cascade. On a successful attack, the martial artist may spend four motes to force her enemy into an orgasm that can last for minutes. The target’s player rolls (Stamina + Integrity) with an external penalty of the Solar’s Martial Arts. If the roll fails, the target falls prone and cannot make his legs work properly unless the martial artist releases him. She can stalk around him, chiding, mocking and beating him as she wishes. Since her victim can’t stand or shift his legs due to the overwhelming pleasure, he cannot use his Dodge DV at all. Any physical action he manages to take suffers a -2 external penalty, and his Parry DV decreases by two. The target may spend a Willpower point for a (Stamina + Integrity) reroll, but if he fails again, he remains at the martial artist’s mercy.
Groveling Penitence Prana

Cost:4m; Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 3;
Keywords: Combo-OK, Crippling
Prerequisite Charms:Rapture in Chains
Daring to oppose a master of the Laughing Wounds Style is like begging for humiliation. On a successful attack, the Abyssal may spend four motes to force her enemy’s immediate submission. The target’s player rolls (Stamina + Integrity) with an external penalty of the Abyssal’s Martial Arts. If the roll fails, the target falls to his knees and cannot move from that spot unless the martial artist releases him. She can stalk around him, chiding, mocking and beating him as she wishes. Since her victim can’t stand or shift his legs, he cannot use his Dodge DV at all. Any physical action he manages to take suffers a -2 external penalty, and his Parry DV decreases by two. The target may spend a Willpower point for a (Stamina + Integrity) reroll, but if he fails again, he remains at the martial artist’s mercy.

Integrity
Integrity Triumphant

Cost:2m per success; Mins: (Ability) 1, Essence 1; Type: Reflexive (Step 1 for attacker, Step 2 for defender)
Solar Exalted with this Charm are known for their unwav-ering perfection. The Exalt’s player can invoke this Charm
when making a roll based on the relevant Ability.The Exalt then spends up to (Attribute + Ability) in motes. This Charm adds one success to a roll for every two motes spent. Each success purchased with Essence Triumphant is the equivalent of purchasing two dice with the First Excellency or some other dice adder.Therefore, if a Solar had a (Dexterity + Melee) total of 8, he could purchase up to four successes with the Second Excellency. Any magical effects that hinge on the character buying dice will then react as if the character had just bought eight (Dexterity + Melee) dice. The character could not add dice from the effects of other Charms because he has reached his maximum of eight by purchasing the four successes.
The Exalt can also use this Charm to enhance unrolled uses of the relevant Ability. Each two motes spent increases his effective (Attribute + Ability) rating for one task by two.  This means that every two motes spent on this Excellency increase a static value like a DV by one.The First Excellency is thus considerably more efficient for increasing static values than the Second Excellency, but not reliably so.
This Charm can be Comboed or used together with the First Excellency, but it is incompatible with the Third Excellency, and it can never be used on the same roll as the Third Excellency.
Phoenix Renewal Tactic

Cost:—; Mins: Integrity 4, Essence 3; Type: Permanent
Keywords:None
Prerequisite Charms: Any Integrity Excellency
From every Solar’s heart flows an infinite stream of arete—excellence, Virtue and raw commitment to life. The player picks one Virtue when purchasing this Charm and can purchase this Charm multiple times to cover additional Virtues. Whenever the Solar would otherwise recover one or more Willpower points from stunts or natural recovery, this Charm gives the character the option to recover one point (one channel) of the chosen Virtue instead. The Storyteller may veto Virtue recovery from stunts opposed to that Virtue, such as the restoration of a Compassion point garnered from ripping an enemy’s heart out of his chest.

Investigation
Investigation Triumphant

Judge's Ear Technique

Cost: 3m; Mins:  Investigation 2, Essence 1; Type: Reflexive (Step 1)
Keywords:  Combo-OK
Duration: One scene
Prerequisite Charms: Any Investigation Excellency
The Lawgivers are the guardians of truth.  This Charm allows the character to recognize as lies all deliberate lies presented to her. The character can also recognize the deliberate use of half-truths, though doing so does not tell her which part of the statement is true. If another Charm contests these effects (see p. 179), add the character’s Essence in automatic successes to the (Perception + Investigation) roll to oppose the other Charm.

Performance
Performance Triumphant

Supreme Perfection of Performance

Cost: —; Mins: (Ability) 5, Essence 5; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Mirror (Supreme Perfection of [Ability])
Prerequisite Charms: Any (Ability) Excellency
This Charm permanently alters the cost of the Solar Excellencies associated with the Ability this Charm is purchased for.
The First Excellency’s cost becomes “one mote per two dice added,” while the Second Excellency’s cost becomes “one mote per success added” and the Third Excellency’s cost drops to a flat three motes. Fractional values are lost; for example, a Solar with Dexterity 4, Melee 5 who spent five motes on the First or Second Excellency would add nine dice or four successes, respectively. The cost discount of this Charm applies to all ac-tivations of the Solar’s Excellencies for the appropriate Ability.
Supreme Perfection of (Ability) is incompatible with any other Charm which provides cost discounts to the Excellencies, such as Infinite (Ability) Mastery.
Phantom-Conjuring Performance

Cost:—; Mins: Performance 3, Essence 3; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Obvious
Duration:Variable
Prerequisite Charms: Any Performance Excellency
Essence enhances the Solar’s arts. This Charm allows the Solar to create ghostly images, Essence flares, ethereal music and strange sensory effects when using a Performance Excellency or Presence Excellency. These effects do not seem entirely real, they remain within (Essence x 10) yards of the Solar, and they cannot be used to confuse or deceive others without a stunt. This Charm has no cost, but the Solar need not use its effects.
At Performance and Essence 4+ a Solar with this Charm may personalize the expressions of his iconic anima displays, changing its appearance each time it flares up.
Heart-Compelling Method

Cost:6m; Mins: Performance 4, Essence 2; Type: Supplemental
Keywords:Combo-OK, Emotion, Social
Prerequisite Charms: Any Performance Excellency
The Solar Exalted rise above the common through their understanding of others’ desires. This Charm supplements a Performance-based roll to rouse emotion in others. It exerts unnatural mental influence on every valid target of this roll. If their MDV is less than the extra successes on the roll, this Charm inspires the desired emotion intensely for a scene. Resisting the influence costs two Willpower.
Memory-Reweaving Discipline

Cost:10m, 1wp; Mins: Performance 5, Essence 2; Type: Simple
(Speed 5 in long ticks)
Keywords:Combo-OK, Illusion, Social
Prerequisite Charms: Phantom-Conjuring Performance, Heart-Compelling Method
The Lawgivers define others’ reality. This Charm is a Performance-based social attack that encourages a specific belief—for example, overwriting the audience’s memories and convincing them that the Solar has always lived in their town. This Charm exerts unnatural mental influence on every valid target of this roll. If their MDV is less than the extra successes on the roll, this Charm inspires them to believe. It also creates an instant commitment (see p. 201) to that belief. Shaking off the illusion requires one Willpower per scene, and the effect lasts until the targets break their commitment to the false belief.
Demon-Wracking Glory - All three methods

Cost:variable +1wp; Mins:Performance 5, Essence 3;
Type:Simple (Speed 6, DV -2)
Keywords:Combo-Basic, Holy, Illusion, Mirror (Demon-Wracking Glory), Obvious
Duration:Instant (see below)
Prerequisite Charms: Phantom-Conjuring Performance
This Charm expands Phantom-Conjuring Performance. The maximum radius for evoking unnatural effects extends to (Essence x 100) yards, or (Essence – 5) miles if the Solar has Essence 6+. More importantly, the Exalt may use these effects to cause physical injury to creatures of darkness within (Essence x 10) yards, but leaves all other creatures unharmed. The Charm causes harm through blatantly supernatural and suitably Solar effects. Attacks take the form of bright fires, scorching beams of sunlight, phantom executioners and the like.
Demon-Wracking Glory inflicts harm in three ways.  The Solar chooses between them each time she uses the Charm. Two methods last as long as the Solar continues to sing, play, orate or the like, and spends Essence each action to maintain the Charm. The third is an instant attack. For each form, however, the Solar’s player must roll (Charisma + Performance) to initiate the attack. A character gains one attack form when she learns the Charm. Additional applications cost an additional experience point each, or all three attack forms for one bonus point. A character can use only one attack form at a time. Activating the Charm costs Willpower. Continuing it merely costs Essence (for the two continuing effects).
Area, Continuing:The Solar inflicts one level of lethal damage per two motes spent each action, to a maximum of (Essence) damage. Targets can soak this damage only with Stamina or soak-enhancing Charms. The Solar’s lethal performance affects everyone whose Dodge MDV is less than the number of successes from the attack roll.  Continuing the attack counts as the character’s Charm use for each action.
Single Target, Continuing:The Solar’s chosen victim suffers one level of unsoakable lethal damage per action that the Solar continues the Charm. This effect costs three motes per action. The initial attack roll must exceed the victim’s Dodge MDV. Continuing the attack counts as the character’s Charm use for each action.
Single Target, Instant: The Solar spends up to her (Stamina + Essence) in motes and inflicts that many dice of lethal damage, plus extra successes from the attack roll.  The target can resist this damage only with Stamina or soak-enhancing Charms. The attack cannot be parried without a Charm or stunt, but it can be dodged like a normal ranged attack.
Husband-Seducing Demon Dance

Cost:10m, 1wp; Mins: Performance 5, Essence 3; Type: Simple (Speed 6 in long ticks)
Keywords:Combo-OK, Emotion, Obvious, Social
Prerequisite Charms: Heart-Compelling Method
In answer to the call of the Solar Exalted, in ancient times, people gave up their homes and families and marched to war. Some Lawgivers gave speeches and shone with the sun’s radiance, but others called their servants with beauty—piping, dancing or playing at the harp, wordlessly and terribly calling their soldiers to their deaths.
The Solar gives a performance, her player rolling ([Charisma or Manipulation] + Performance) and adding her Appearance in bonus dice. This Charm exerts unnatural mental influence on all who witness it. Characters with Mental DV less than the Solar’s successes must spend two Willpower or fall instantly in love either with the Solar or something the Solar represents. This effect does not depend on gender or sexual preference. Targets incapable of sexual attraction to the Solar suffer starry-eyed infatuation or dedication to the Solar’s cause rather than romantic desire. This love is a form of commitment (see p. 201). Targets can break the commitment naturally but they must spend one Willpower in each scene where they deliberately attempt to shake it off.
Immanent Solar Glory

Cost:—; Mins: Performance 5, Essence 3; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Obvious
The Solar draws strength from the harmonious governance of Creation. The greater the social structure he commands, the more Essence he may wield. This Charm allows the Solar to recover motes by tending to the affairs of a kingdom, organization or social or military unit he leads. Each hour spent inspiring the people or performing administrative tasks allows the Solar to recover motes equal to the unit’s Magnitude.
In addition, each purchase of this Charm increases the character’s Peripheral Essence pool by 10 motes. This Essence cannot be committed to an artifact. The character cannot recover this Essence normally—he can refill this pool only through the technique above and with Essence-recovery Charms. The player may purchase this Charm a total number of times equal to the Exalt’s Essence.

Resistance
Ox-Body Technique

Cost:—; Mins: Resistance 1, Essence 1; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Stackable
The Exalted are like the mountains: not easily worn down by such mortal things as men. This Charm gives the Lawgiver additional health levels.
A player may purchase this Charm up to once per dot of the Resistance Ability her character possesses. Each purchase provides one of the following, at the player’s option, determined at the time of purchase:
• One -1 health level and two -2 health levels
Invincible Essence Reinforcement

Cost: —; Mins: Resistance 3, Essence 2; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Stackable

Undertaking a grueling regimen of endurance training, the Solar folds Essence into his body until his skin becomes hard enough to turn aside blades. The Lawgiver’s natural lethal and bashing soak calculations become (Stamina + 3). This Charm may be purchased up to a total of (Resistance) times; each purchase after the first adds 3 to the character’s natural lethal and bashing soak.
With Essence 4+, the Solar also gains natural lethal and bashing hardness equal to the number of times he has purchased this Charm.

Athletics
Athletics Resurgent

THIRD (ABILITY) EXCELLENCY—
ESSENCE RESURGENT
Cost:4m; Mins: (Ability) 1, Essence 1; Type: Reflexive (Step
4 for attacker, Step 6 for defender)
Exalted with this Charm recover smoothly from failure. An Exalt’s player can invoke this Charm after making a roll based on the relevant Ability. This Charm allows her player to make the roll again, using the new result if the Exalt prefers it.  The Exalt can also use this Charm to enhance static values derived from the relevant Ability. Doing so increases the character’s effective (Attribute + Ability) rating for one task by the Ability rating. This means that the Essence Resurgent Excellency increases an applicable DV by half the relevant Ability.
Graceful Crane Stance

Cost: 3m; Mins: Athletics 1, Essence 2; Type: Reflexive
The Solar Exalted are as graceful as sunlight on water.
This Charm lets the Exalt automatically succeed on any valid Athletics action to keep his balance. Moreover, this Charm allows the Exalt to keep his footing on any surface at least as strong and wide as a human hair. He treats it as a three-foot-wide ledge capable of supporting a thousand pounds of weight when determining what movement and Athletics actions he can take and what penalties to them might apply.
Monkey Leap Technique

Cost: 3m; Mins: Athletics 1, Essence 2; Type: Reflexive
The heroes of the dawn leap with the grace of a flying crane and the speed of a striking hawk. For the rest of the scene, the character can jump with a movement action instead of a miscellaneous action, and she doubles the length of all jumps.

Awareness
Awareness Resurgent

THIRD (ABILITY) EXCELLENCY—
ESSENCE RESURGENT
Cost:4m; Mins: (Ability) 1, Essence 1; Type: Reflexive (Step
4 for attacker, Step 6 for defender)
Exalted with this Charm recover smoothly from failure. An Exalt’s player can invoke this Charm after making a roll based on the relevant Ability. This Charm allows her player to make the roll again, using the new result if the Exalt prefers it.  The Exalt can also use this Charm to enhance static values derived from the relevant Ability. Doing so increases the character’s effective (Attribute + Ability) rating for one task by the Ability rating. This means that the Essence Resurgent Excellency increases an applicable DV by half the relevant Ability.
Panoptic Fusion Discipline

Cost: 4m; Mins: Awareness 4, Essence 2; Type: Reflexive
Prerequisite Charms: Any Awareness Excellency

The Solar's supernal senses expand and his mind speeds up to process a thousand myriad details in a split second. Opponents attempting to strike a Lawgiver using this Charm appear to be moving in slow motion. All of the character's attacks are enhanced as though he had just spent three ticks accumulating dice with an Aim action (as a result, the character may not normally benefit from a true Aim action while this Charm is active), and his DVs are raised by 1 against all physical attacks of which he is aware. None of these bonuses count as dice added by a Charm.
With Essence 3+, each tick the lawgiver spends Aiming while Panoptic Fusion Discipline is active converts one die provided by this Charm into an automatic success; his opponents seem to slow even more, until their anticipated actions are outlined in golden contrails before the eyes of the Lawgiver.

Dodge
Reed in the Wind

Cost: —; Mins: Dodge 2, Essence 2; Type: Permanent
Keywords: None

The Solar Exalted understand the humble wisdom of the reed and the willow. The greater the force directed against them, the more nimble they become to avoid harm. Whenever the Lawgiver uses his Dodge DV to avoid a physical attack, he adds a bonus equal to half the attacker’s Essence, rounded up. This bonus counts as dice added by a Charm

Linguistics
Whirling Brush Method

Cost: 4m; Mins: Linguistics 1, Essence 1; Type: Supplemental
The diplomats of the Unconquered Sun write with a swift and elegant hand. This Charm supplements a dramatic action to write something down—be it a copy of an existing book, the transcript of a live conversation or an original work. This Charm allows the character to write at (her Essence x 10) times her normal speed. Instead of dedicating 30 hours to copying a manuscript, an Essence 2 character might finish it in an hour and a half. Instead of six hours writing and polishing a treaty, an Essence 3 Eclipse might prepare it in 12 minutes.

STATS

P: Speed 5 - Accuracy 18 - Damage +9 -PDV 10- Rate 3 - N
K: Speed 5 - Accuracy 17 - Damage +12 -PDV 8- Rate 2 - N
C: Speed 6 - Accuracy 17 - Damage +9B - - Rate 1 - C, N, P

Dodge DV 11+Reed in the Wind - Mental DV 11
Bashing 8 Lethal 10 Aggravated 3 Hardness 1

-0:  [ ]
-1:  [ ] [ ] [ ]
-2:  [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
-4:  [ ]
Inc: [ ]

Personal Essence:    25 / 25
Peripheral Essence:    45 / 45  62 total
Immanent Solar Glory:    10/10
Anima:    0

Willpower: O O O O O O O O O O

Compassion: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Conviction: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Valor: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Limit: Heart of Flint - The character is frustrated by the intemperate or childish nature of the world around him.
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

XP Spent: 0
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Jefepato

Sadly, it appears that the Wyld book (page 158) does say that mutations bought in character creation don't increase your attributes (it's assumed they're already factored in).  You'd think they could've figured that out in time to put it in the corebook (it was a kinda obvious issue even in the 1e Player's Guide) instead of hiding it in a paperback most of us don't really use much.

...Hm.  The Scroll of Heroes is pretty vague on the topic of (non-Half-Caste) God-Blooded Exalted.  Maybe there are ideas worth considering here.  (If you'd rather I not mess with such ideas, kongming, let me know and I'll find something saner to do.)

AndyZ

Would a shy Night gymnast cheerleader work okay?

Edit: reading through, may or may not actually stick to the shy part
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Jefepato

Hm, so, basic character concept.  I should go over this again, I would've liked to afford a few more Athletics charms.  (Also, I keep finding myself thinking that maybe a Sidereal or GSP would be more fun after all.  My brain is full of terrible notions.)

How long are the odds on a high-ranking student council member not having many qualifications beyond the specific requirements you set, kongming?  Because there's something potentially hilarious about making a student council president who might be kind of a whimsical jerk (I am honestly tempted to scrap this character and go that way instead).

EDIT: For those skimming the thread and seeing what characters are already in the works, I ended up going with a different (and much less violent, at least physically) character, posted further down.  I'm leaving this here because I don't really want to delete something I spent time working on.

Character Sheet
Name: Bitter Shrike
Caste: Dawn
Anima: A screaming bird spreads its wings, clutching a thistle stem in both talons
Motivation: Be acknowledged as the foremost warleader of the Exalted host
Intimacies: The Unconquered Sun (Quiet Awe and Gratitude), the Maidens (Wary Respect), younger students (Tough Love), Shining Barrator (Admiration), Fair Folk (Contempt)

Attributes:
Strength 5
Dexterity 6
Stamina 5
Charisma 5
Manipulation 1
Appearance 4
Perception 2
Intelligence 2
Wits 5

Abilities:
*Archery 5 (Powerbows +3)
*Martial Arts 5 (Unarmed +3)
*Melee 5 (Swords +3)
*Thrown 5
*War 5

Integrity 5
Performance 1
*Presence 3
*Resistance 5
Survival 1

Craft
Investigation
Lore 1
Medicine
Occult 2

*Athletics 5 (Acrobatics +1)
*Awareness 4 (Join Battle +3)
*Dodge 5 (Unarmored +3)
Larceny
Stealth

Bureaucracy 1
Linguistics 2 (Native: Forest-tongue; Riverspeak, Old Realm)
Ride
Sail
Socialize 1

Backgrounds:
Artifact 3 (orichalcum grand daiklave)
Artifact 3 (orichalcum long powerbow)
Artifact 2 (orichalcum hearthstone bracers)
Artifact 1 (orichalcum sling of deadly prowess)
Backing 4 (student council -- includes two free dots from vice presidency)
Influence 4 (student council vice president)
Influence 3 (student teacher)
Manse 2 (very nice dorm room in the Tower of the Beacon -- yields a Jewel of the Lawgiver's Authority)
Salary 1 (from student teaching)

Merits:
Double-Jointed (3 pts.)
Legendary Dexterity (3 pts.)
Omnidexterity (2 pts.)

Flaws:
Code of Honor (2 pts.)

Virtues:
Compassion 3
Conviction 5
Temperance 3
Valor 5

Virtue Flaw: Self-Aggrandizing Sulk
Limit: 0/10

Willpower: 10/10

Essence: 5
Personal Motes: 25/25
Peripheral Motes: 47/47 (not including commited motes)
Committed Motes: 14

Charms:
Martial Arts:
Fists of Iron Technique
Dragon Coil Technique

Melee:
First Melee Excellency
Infinite Melee Mastery
Perfected Battle Array
Hungry Tiger Technique
Dipping Swallow Defense
Bulwark Stance
Fivefold Bulwark Stance
Heavenly Guardian Defense

Thrown:
Flashing Draw Mastery
Swarm-Culling Instinct
Shrike Saving Discretion

War:
Elegant Dance of Bow and Blade
Dawn King's Strife

Integrity:
Integrity-Protecting Prana

Presence:
Second Presence Excellency

Resistance:
Ox-Body Technique
Durability of Oak Meditation
Iron Skin Concentration
Iron Kettle Body

Occult:
Spirit-Detecting Glance
Spirit-Cutting Attack

Athletics:
Second Athletics Excellency

Awareness:
Second Awareness Excellency
Panoptic Fusion Discipline

Dodge:
Third Dodge Excellency
Reflex Sidestep Technique
Backstory and Flavor Text
Appearance:
Shrike is a pretty, dark-skinned young lady, with matching bright green hair and eyes.  She moves like a predator, all lean muscle and fluid, impossible grace, and her gaze tends to leave people with the unsettling impression that she's sizing up how best to kill or at least disable them with whatever tools are handy, regardless of the occasion.  She prefers to wear her hair short, around chin-length, and her ever-present arsenal (orichalcum and otherwise) tends to obscure the fact that she doesn't really care much about fashion and usually dresses in earth tones under all the magical gold.  Like most Haltans, she goes barefoot whenever socially acceptable.

Background:
Born near the southern border of Halta, Shrike was the child of two senior monitors.  She grew up happy enough, although she had to learn to defend herself at a young age just in case (and her parents occasionally spoke of seeking reassignment somewhere safer) -- not to mention how to keep a sharp lookout and always, always watch her step.

Everything went completely to hell when Shrike was 13.  A Linowan raiding party had apparently gotten word of just where their attempts at infiltration were being cut off, and they soon tore into the village; in the havoc, Shrike's parents were sent crashing helplessly to the forest floor along with a sizable chunk of their residence.  By the time Shrike stopped crying and screaming long enough to wonder why she was glowing, she was beating the last of the invaders to death with a redwood branch.

After spending the better part of a year making a thorough mess of things in Creation's Northeast, Shrike's dreams led her further south, to the lands where her past self had been buried.  A harried Sidereal, eager to get the new school's proof of concept in motion, met her at the tomb's entrance and offered to help Shrike secure her birthright...if she'd agree to accept a scholarship to Yu-Shan High.

Shrike joined one of the school's first classes, and fortunately, the years have mellowed her out a bit even as her rage-driven instincts propelled her to a well-regarded position in martial education.  She sits on the student council partly because of seniority, but mostly because she feels the need to keep her politics-happy peers "honest" and within the effective range of her inability to tolerate bullshit.  Still, she spends most of her time training or coaching her peers and juniors in the ins and outs of Exalted violence.  It is, as she likes to point out, the only thing that's ever really changed the world.

Yano2mch

Alas I have not yet read through the core rulebook, however I will try and do that quickly; If you get the game going without me then I'll just have to be happy finding a PathFinder game instead :P

Course I'd love to play in this one form what I've read so far...

AndyZ

So what kind of influence would I get as the head cheerleader for fourth year?

kongming

AndyZ: that one just requires having Influence 2+ (you can have more) and Manse 1 (the changing room becomes your personal manse). Those are the only requirements, though having good Performance, Athletics, Dex and App would be recommended. The benefits gained from such would be:

• One free dot in either Spies, Contacts or Allies (other cheerleaders - the ones that aren't looking for an opportunity for battlefield promotion)
  • One free Charm that enhances Performance or Athletics.
Just so people know I'm going to be fairly lenient with handing out free stuff. And at first, you might find that some are loyal to you, others... less so, and you'll be required to assert your dominance from time to time to keep them in line. Eventually this may result in gaining them as a small militia.

Night works pretty well for a Gymnast, yeah.

Yano: there's plenty of time, not to worry.

Jefe: yes, you can be a Student Council President who happens to have zero interest in furthering the agenda of the school and absolute interest in throwing parties and such.

Ons/Offs:

Yano2mch

Alright, give me a few days to go over the rulebook, once I get a feel for the system I'll make a character.

Jefepato

Okay, although I do like Shrike I think I'm going to start drafting an Isidorite Fiend student council president and see how hard I'm laughing when I'm done.

I anticipate excellent results.

BTW, can a non-Sidereal only get access to Salary by means of a job (e.g. student teacher) with the school?  It's so much better than Resources...

AndyZ

Quote from: kongming on May 09, 2013, 07:02:36 PM
AndyZ: that one just requires having Influence 2+ (you can have more) and Manse 1 (the changing room becomes your personal manse). Those are the only requirements, though having good Performance, Athletics, Dex and App would be recommended. The benefits gained from such would be:

• One free dot in either Spies, Contacts or Allies (other cheerleaders - the ones that aren't looking for an opportunity for battlefield promotion)
  • One free Charm that enhances Performance or Athletics.
Just so people know I'm going to be fairly lenient with handing out free stuff. And at first, you might find that some are loyal to you, others... less so, and you'll be required to assert your dominance from time to time to keep them in line. Eventually this may result in gaining them as a small militia.

Night works pretty well for a Gymnast, yeah.

Righteous.

You mentioned being good with custom Charms.  With your okay, I'd like to change Laughing Wounds from a study of pain to a study of pleasure.  No mechanics would change except for the Form (penalizing Temperance instead of Compassion) and people with resistance to wound penalties would still be able to ignore lingering pleasure, but the theme would change.  Like, Groveling Penitence Prana sets it up so that people fall into submission unless they can resist a roll, and would instead start having an orgasm that keeps going for as long as she maintains the power.  Likewise, Rapture in Chains would be her making out with them while keeping them pinned.  I'm really only looking at those two, the Form and the prereqs to the form if that sounds okay by you.

I'll probably have a few other interesting twists (I need to figure out what the pom poms will do) but wanted to clear that with you first.

Edit: Also, does it have to only be a 1 dot manse?

Wheresmycow

Sidereal student council president... so tempting... urk.  Though a Lunar or Infernal in that position would be quite amusing to see.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs