Music - what style do you prefer?

Started by Ghost Ptriot, August 04, 2009, 01:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost Ptriot

Hey there, I'm a little musician myself, and I listen to music 24/7 if I can get away with it. I love a lot of different kind of music, but what I probably like the most is blues and reggae, both old reggae and newer reggae, mixed with a little rock.
I like easy listening too, but yeah, that's my favorites, so I just wanted to hear what your favorite style is, and why, and maybe give an example on a song you like very very much, because it might be something I would like too, I'm always glad to expand my song acknowledge =).
Right now though, two of my favorite songs are Santeria by Sublime and Spiderwebs by No Doubt, mostly Spiderwebs, but oh well =).

Luluchuu

God.. There so many i love! So I'll just mention all of them i love!
Death Metal, J-pop, Remixes from video games, rock, Orchestra (With rock), Black Metal.
Serenity Fallen Sanctury and Dark Moor is favorite by now. ^^

Sparta Belle

I am the same as you both. I listen to soo much different music. I mostly listen to country and hip hop but am completely willing to listen to new things. I also like remakes for musicals or tv shows, like Glee.
Right now my favorites are Country Fried by Zac Brown band and Battlefield by Jordin Sparks.
Absences & Apologies <----Updated 09/2015
In the mind of a Spartan<----Updated!!!(09/2015)

Saerrael

I like just about any, all depends on the mood I'm in what I wish to listen to.
But, to illustrate just how far this goes, I'll link my two favorite pieces of music. You decide for yourself just how broad my taste for music is ;)

Antonin DVORAK: "The New World" Symphony

Slipknot - The Nameless (Lyrics)

Misery

Anything but I struggle with country.  Just not something I cannot sit and listen to.
“There is no greater sorrow than to be mindful of the happy time in misery.”  - Dante Alighieri

Talia

Listen to a wide range.....struggle with some country and pop. Mood and situations play a big part.
He looks at me and my heart starts skipping beats, my face starts to glow and my eyes start to twinkle.
Imagine what he would do to me if he smiled!

Smile... it's the second best thing to do with your lips.

On's & Off's
The Oath of Drake for Group RP's
A&A

Hart

I like all good music; stuff with meaningful lyrics, good musicianship and a usually upbeat tempo.

Funnily enough I find most of what I like comes under the genre of "Alternative" so I s'pose that's my fave style.

That said I also like Punk, Rock, Jazz, Electronic and even Classical... It varies a bit...  ;D

Beguile's Mistress

50s, 60s, 70s & 80s rock, classical, some alternative, modern pop, Celtic anything, to name a few

Cold Heritage

I like a bit of the Neue Deutsche Härte stuff. Unheilig, Megaherz (before they got the new singer), Eisbrecher, Rammstein. Econoline Crush (mostly stuff from The Devil You Know). Some Manowar. Some Dalbello (mainly the album She). Really into music scores right now, like the one for Last of the Mohicans and Unbreakable.

Otherwise, mostly pop stuff you'd hear on the radio. I am a plebe.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Nico

Hmm...let's see. There is a lot I enjoy, and most of the time, it depends on the occasion.
I'm quite fond of Trance and Techno, some good old Rock, Nu Metal, here and there classical music.

I've got a rather broad spectrum of music I like, and in the end, it all boils down to "No R 'n B or Rap." And I don't really like this Emo style music or Gothic/Dark Wave/Dark Metal, either.

auroraChloe

i can get behind most music and i love to dance so...

thrashing death metal, cop killing rap and opera are a bit much for my senses, though i like classical music some i'm driving or taking a walk. 

mostly i lean toward alterntive rock and hard rock (cake, modest mouse, crash test dummies, foo fighters, 3 doors down, HIM, godsmack, disturbed, black label society, seven dust <3)

but enjoy everything else too from country (Gretchen Wilson, Little Big Town, Jodee Messina) to Enenem to Jewel to Kelly Clarkson to KoKo Taylor. 

and i love getting turned on to new music and artists so share! 

a/a 8/21/17

Azrael

Predominantly metal, especially when there is a female singer, very hot.  Scarling, Jack off Jill, Die So Fluid, Queen Adreena, Daisy Chainsaw, Dresden Dolls
otherwise any metal with an actual singer, melody, and understandable lyrics, Deftones, Tool and so forth, 30 Seconds to Mars, Godsmack, Disturbed, some Korn, some Maralyn Manson.  On the other hand I love everything from Prokofiev to Moby.
Non-binary, sometimes femme-ish, fae tiger.

MasterMischief

I can listen to just about anything but Jazz, Opera and Thrash.  I have no explanation why I do not like Jazz.  I know it is sacrilege.

Azrael

I like Jazz myself, real jazz that is, not that improvised nonsense, no direction, no structure... *shudder* I cannot abide rap or country other than that
Non-binary, sometimes femme-ish, fae tiger.

Isengrad

I honor the metal gods most of the time, though i do find myself listening to a smattering of other songs. I don't listen to much rap but some of the beats are very catchy. And trace Adkins is my favorite country artist.

original artwork by karabiner

Talia

He looks at me and my heart starts skipping beats, my face starts to glow and my eyes start to twinkle.
Imagine what he would do to me if he smiled!

Smile... it's the second best thing to do with your lips.

On's & Off's
The Oath of Drake for Group RP's
A&A

AthenaNude

Rock, Pop, Punk, Trance, and some Classical, Reggae, and Middle Eastern (mostly Bellydancing music).  Not a fan of Blues, Country, or Grunge (but can tolerate it of forced to).  More a fan of music of the 70's and 80's than a lot of current stuff.  I sometimes like to listen to 50's songs when I'm in the mood, and the same with 60's acid rock (Jimi Hendrix, Cream, etc).  I only like light Jazz when I want to unwind and relax (since it helps me to sleep).  It may sound strange to some, but I also have some CD recordings of rainfall, storms, and streams which also I find relaxing to listen to.  I don't care for Dark Metal/Goth/Emo music, though, and will always turn it off or leave when I hear it.  That's the only type of music that gives me instant headaches.

Aiden

I listen to anything and will keep it if I like it.

My car goes from frank Sinatra, Justin Timberlake, T.I, Lil Wayne  to Slipknot all in one car ride.

GlompNinja

Classic Rock, Metal, Blues..

At the moment I have been listening to a lot of Tom Waits and Witchfinder General.

Adonis

Alternative perferably. Bands like "The Last Goodnight" and "SafetySuit"
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive